Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:46 pm 

ABOUT TIME!!! Been so long I have no clue what I'm getting anymore.

went to go record drums... didn't realize that I didn't have winzip on my recording desktop. so shall record tmwr after I unzip it tonight. :/

did complete the last 15min song for the next yzordderrex release. i'll start mixing that after i've completed the rest of Scowl... finalizing that and the uzumaki ep both are just to the point of listening and adjusting endlessly.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:59 pm 

Hahaha, sorry about the wait! I've been in the USA for the past little while with no one capable of doing my mailing for me. You'll find a nice little treat from France in the package by the way, of the deathgrind variety.

Alright man, as long as you can still work on drums! I'm going in on Saturday to record stringed instruments and vocals if I can

Lol

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:05 pm 

yes shall commence work this week. I added them to my damn portable harddrive so I wouldn't forget them this time. and I'm looking forward to that extra!

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 pm 

No problem! Having a grind blowout sale right now, hopefully I can sell the lot.

Currently working on bass tracks for the third song and riffs for the fourth. Fuck yeah.

Lol

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 pm 

maybe hit up grindcore.com even though many of those kids there actually don't know what grindcore is.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 am 

SLK, you have a ridiculous work ethic. It's been over a year since I began work on a single track and I still don't have it finished...

Draug is killer, by the way. Listening to Ephemeral Utopia right now and it's blowing my mind.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 am 

Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it!

And I can't help it I really feel that I've wasted a day if I don't get something accomplished, be it recording, or working on some artwork, or some lyrics or at least writing.

I'm currently writing lyrics for the Draug full length, that's taking me a bit longer than normal.

Callum_Carcass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:36 pm 

Currently unable to find a drummer anywhere these days, seriously contemplating just going the drum machine route, though I really don't want to.

Anyway, to pass the time, I'm doing youtube video covers, again.

Let me know what yous think: http://youtu.be/byz2gu4rwHI

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm 

Finished another drum track for Blasphegram today. This one's the most extreme yet. So much bomb blasting.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:25 pm 

recorded 3 drum tracks for this Vixenta material. also worked on Det_Morkettall's material in writing. I plan on finishing all this by the weekend... if all goes well.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 pm 

Wooo!!! Glad to hear you're working on it man. If you have any feedback on the riffs/harmonies let me know.

Writing an organ/creepy demo intro currently, and will be using a totally max-reverbed organ for the base sound and a clean organ overdub.

Lol

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:32 pm 

I hate them all! ha

on a side note got an email about a SR putting out some band from Italy... they said they are a grind band... well after 10mins/ 5 songs.. I hear no grind. Not even a blast beat. Their drummer isn't good the fastest he goes is barely an 8/8 push forward type beat.... oh wait they said they are blackened grindcore... I heard a single riff at the very end of this promo that sounded like it might be black metal. everything else just sounded like early 2000's chaotic metalcore based in punk.

Violent_Possessor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 pm 

Wow no blast beats, what a joke.

So the grindcore band I am going to do that is going to be my submission for the challenge is going to be called BMH. The full name will differ per release and will usually coincide with the lyrics/theme of that specific release. Going to do one or two more songs for a demo and then do a whole new thing. The first one is going to be like Bio Mechanical Heretics or something along the lines of that.

Going to be mincecore with a drum machine and bass guitar only with some weird stuff as well.
Here is a sample. I'm not done with it. Not having monitors makes things really hard to mix but I kind of know what I need to do so I'll probably finish it up tonight.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 pm 

What exactly is mincecore? I've been hearing a lot more about that recently but have no clue what it sounds like.

Logged back into my joke-core band to see what was up. Almost no new insights :lol:

To be fair, the music is horrible so it's okay. Here it is if anyone's interested: http://commanderdickfungus.bandcamp.com

Lol

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:12 pm 

mincecore is a term that Agatholeces have developed to self descibe their own grind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK_qtDkOg_4

I'll check both in a bit. I still haven't done anything for the grindcore challenge yet.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:14 pm 

Commander Dick Fungus sounds like a more musical version of the band WE HATE FAGS.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:19 pm 

Hey, who'da thunk it; Agathocles ain't half bad!

And yeah, it was a side project of all the members of Durvasag (including myself when I was still vocalist) and I came up with the idea and everything else, they just played instruments. CDF is actually on a split with some other joke bands too, unbelievably, and Im planning to do a improv CDF gig.

Lol

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:34 pm 

Nothing wrong with that... you know as long as you don't get pelted with beer bottles.

how your band set up is reminds me of the flower cocks. it was all of into the moat on rotated on instruments and was recorded between rehearsals.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:37 am 

Wrote another set of Blasphegram lyrics earlier. So much rapid fire delivery.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Iron1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:23 am 

As some have seen, I'm just getting back into the swing of writing/recording again. I'm an old school 'head who can vividly remember the day Artillery's first album came out, among other things (You can see my history at the link in my sig).

I kinda gave up on jamming for a while after dealing with one too many flakey musicians over the course of my career. But, the fire never went out and now that it's much easier to record at home, I'm going that route.

I have about 8 songs going in various stages, and hope to have a few of them mixed and done by this summer. The stuff is a more "mature" version of what I used to write back in the day (https://soundcloud.com/iron1/scab-in-si ... d-in-death writing/vox/guitars by me) By "mature" I don't mean I grew up, but that my skill as a songwriter has grown immensely compared to what I did back then.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me with fixing up the Warlock, I'm ready to lay tracks as soon as I get my hands on a drum machine and get some beats programmed. Hopefully, the machine will be in house next week.

Don't have a definite name for the "band" yet, just going with 941 for now.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:39 am 

Well if it's going to be basically the better version of what you linked, I'm def interested in hearing more. I enjoyed that song as is.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:32 am 

Callum_Carcass wrote:
Currently unable to find a drummer anywhere these days, seriously contemplating just going the drum machine route, though I really don't want to.

Anyway, to pass the time, I'm doing youtube video covers, again.

Let me know what yous think: http://youtu.be/byz2gu4rwHI

You could just program drums, in the long term it'll be easier than working with a problematic drummer. If you do it well, it will sound just as good if not better than acoustic drums anyway.

As for the cover, that was pretty simple but tight enough. I liked your Carcass cover a lot more. Really good rhythm playing, chunky on the palm mutes and sweet tone too. I guess the only feedback I could provide is about the pinch harmonics but the video description mentioned that already, and the overall tightness of the song could be just that little bit more(difference between the weekend warriors and the pros.)

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:45 pm 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
What exactly is mincecore? I've been hearing a lot more about that recently but have no clue what it sounds like.

Well I wouldn't say its mincore but I take a lot of influence from the b side of Scum as well as Agothacles and a ton of UK grindcore/hardcore/crust as well as sludge. Too bad I cannot record real bass since my asshat of a friend has all of my stuff (just about every guitar, amp and bass that I have) at his moms house and he doesn't live there anymore. My future releases may have guitars on them as well as real drumming (goosh!).

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:20 pm 

We now have a new guitarist in Atragon. Dude shreds and has pretty much learnt the set after one practice.

So now we're just writing more and getting ready for our UK tour in March. We've got gigs lined up with Monarch!, Serpent Venom, Black Magician, and we're trying to land a St. Vitus support slot as well. It's going to be loud.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 pm 

recorded 3 more drum tracks for vixetna finishing out that split

when to record Det_Morkettall's material but for some reason the midi wouldn't load properly into reaper so I couldn't record shit.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 pm 

Awww shit. Hey man, if you want me to try making the songs into aif. I can do so, if that helps. I know midi can be tricky sometimes, but had no clue it wouldn't work. Let me know!

Writing more riffs, burning incense, and writing lyrics soon. URGH SATAN

Lol

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:58 pm 

I'm just turning the midi's into wavs and going to plug them in. so hopefully that'll work fine, I figured sat would be a better day to work on them more fully anyway.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 pm 

Alrighty, cool.

Writing a fourth song. Yes. Lyrics can wait I guess.

Lol

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 pm 

I hope lyrics are about chopping up dicks and making a milkshake out of them.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:25 am 

Welp, the first song's lyrics are:

I, pervertor of high heaven
Vomitor of thrones above
I, king of all daemons
Piss on the gates God's kingdom

Human form to winged spawn
Conjured by the Death Witch
Black cum on torn wings
Tearing angel pussy wide open

<bridge>

Gang rape of the angels
Seraphim nailed to crosses
Angel blood collected in chalice
I drink the crimson down

Pass down the Jew-God
And nail him to a wood star
The Death Witch rises
Chanting execution

So yep. Also, screw the fourth song, that'll be on demo #2. Instead I'm just going to work on placement of vocal patterns.

Lol

Iron1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:20 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Well if it's going to be basically the better version of what you linked, I'm def interested in hearing more. I enjoyed that song as is.

Thanks, brutha!

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:01 am 

I'm 17, almost 18. I have 4 demos under my belt. Age should never be a deciding factor in your music.

Lol

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 am 

Nice, I didn't even start playing guitar till I was 16 and i didn't start playing drums till I was 20. I didn't even join a band till I was 21.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:09 pm 

I think I posted that in the wrong thread... hahaha

Lol

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:31 pm 

I've been in a bit of a musical slump lately. I just initiated a divorce, which hopefully will go by quickly and won't be too bad, and when I got the second shipment of my household goods from Korea, I found that one of my guitars had a big piece broken off. This particular guitar was the second one I ever built, so it's kinda special to me, so this really pissed me off. That being said, I managed to write two more goregrind songs. Since goregrind bands often have a bit of tongue in cheek gorey humor, I wrote one called "pee hole torture". It's fun. I also was really sick of my band logo, so I got moon ring design to design me a new one, and I absolutely love it. I just need to get around to writing lyrics for one more song and redo a guitar solo or two and I'll release my next album, which is melodic death metal I guess. After that my music seems to be evolving into more straight death metal with a few melodic aspects. We'll see.

Goran
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:18 pm 

infinitenexus wrote:
I've been in a bit of a musical slump lately. I just initiated a divorce

That sucks man, didn't you write that death metal album for your girl a few months ago?

I'm working on a black metal EP. Only need some more lyrics and I can start the recordings.
Probably will be a digital-only release...

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 pm 

Full-steam ahead goes the work on my band's second album, rehearsals and pre-production work all the way. I guess we all favour the slow but meticulous approach. Gonna be titled "The Great Architect Of Nothing" :)

Iron1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 am 

somefella wrote:
Full-steam ahead goes the work on my band's second album, rehearsals and pre-production work all the way. I guess we all favour the slow but meticulous approach. Gonna be titled "The Great Architect Of Nothing" :)

Dig that song linked off y'alls Facebook page. If the new disc is along those lines, count me in.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:51 am 

Iron1 wrote:
somefella wrote:

Dig that song linked off y'alls Facebook page. If the new disc is along those lines, count me in.

Definitely. That song(Decapitating The Sarafan) is one of the songs on the first album that reflects the style of the new album a lot more than the rest of the songs. If you liked that, also check out a song from a recent single, over here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdGomBTGsc

Iron1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:26 am 

somefella wrote:

Definitely. That song(Decapitating The Sarafan) is one of the songs on the first album that reflects the style of the new album a lot more than the rest of the songs. If you liked that, also check out a song from a recent single, over here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdGomBTGsc

Yep. Good stuff. Image

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 185  Next