Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
mvortex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:11 am 

Immolation - Here In After
Pestilence - Malleus Maleficarum
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Cryptopsy - None So Vile

Managed to find the Immolation and Pestilence albums in a local store, the other two are still in the mail.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:24 am 

mvortex wrote:
Cryptopsy - None So Vile

Managed to find the Immolation and Pestilence albums in a local store, the other two are still in the mail.

just reissues aye?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 am 

ok i said i would so here it is [slk was urging me, or twisting my rubber arm, to give these puppies another thrash to make myself certain of their awesomeness, so i did]
Impetuous Ritual ‎– Relentless Execution Of Ceremonial Excrescence 2.5 goats 3.5 goats, a fresh listen with no other similar music beforehand, dark and atmospheric, i love it, i mean i knew i liked it when i first heard it months ago but yeah, now i really like it.
Deiphago ‎– Satan Alpha Omega 2.75 goats 4 goats, this slays! fast, aggro, catchy, nasty, easily my pick of the litter :headbang:
Blasphemophagher ‎– The III Command Of The Absolute Chaos 3 goats, 3 goats
Proclamation ‎– Advent Of The Black Omen my favourite out of this lot, which surprised me... i quite like Nether Tombs of Abaddon 3.5 goats 3 goats, i'd happily swap this for Abaddon

dreadmeat wrote:
went and picked these up today, i'm about to ban myself from buying goat metal, unless i see some original blasphemy or something really wicked :roll:

Impetuous Ritual ‎– Relentless Execution Of Ceremonial Excrescence 2.5 goats, it's a bit slow, can i say that?! very portal-like too, who i'm not that into
Deiphago ‎– Satan Alpha Omega [deicide cover song?!] 2.75 goats
Blasphemophagher ‎– The III Command Of The Absolute Chaos 3 goats
Proclamation ‎– Advent Of The Black Omen [my favourite out of this lot, which surprised me... i quite like Nether Tombs of Abaddon] 3.5 goats

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:36 am 

From trades with some users here, just getting rid of some junk:

Cancer-To the Gory End
Aeternus-Beyond the Wandering Moon (2nd press)
Exhumed-All guts, no glory
Therion-Deggial
My Dying Bride-The Dreadful Hours
Naer Mataron-River at Dash Scalding
Rotting Christ-Aealo

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 am 

Veracs wrote:

Cancer-To the Gory End

those two aren't junk :p

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:55 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
Veracs wrote:

Cancer-To the Gory End

those two aren't junk :p

erm no I mean worthless shit that I traded in exchange for, horrible shit like Esoteric, Ignivomous, Hammerfall etc.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

LiberXul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
Proclamation ‎– Advent Of The Black Omen my favourite out of this lot, which surprised me... i quite like Nether Tombs of Abaddon 3.5 goats 3 goats, i'd happily swap this for Abaddon

dreadmeat wrote:
went and picked these up today, i'm about to ban myself from buying goat metal, unless i see some original blasphemy or something really wicked :roll:

Impetuous Ritual ‎– Relentless Execution Of Ceremonial Excrescence 2.5 goats, it's a bit slow, can i say that?! very portal-like too, who i'm not that into
Deiphago ‎– Satan Alpha Omega [deicide cover song?!] 2.75 goats
Blasphemophagher ‎– The III Command Of The Absolute Chaos 3 goats
Proclamation ‎– Advent Of The Black Omen [my favourite out of this lot, which surprised me... i quite like Nether Tombs of Abaddon] 3.5 goats

Never thought I would see this type of music turned into some stupid gimmick. Three point five goats? you're the exact kind of person that should be banned from buying this kind of stuff. Find something else to listen to, fuck, you ruin it for other people.

Goat metal? do you take prohibited drugs?

Shamancus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 am 

LiberXul wrote:
Find something else to listen to, fuck, you ruin it for other people.

Why so serious? C'mon, give the man a break, he's a nice fella. :beer:

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 am 

LiberXul wrote:
Never thought I would see this type of music turned into some stupid gimmick. Three point five goats? you're the exact kind of person that should be banned from buying this kind of stuff. Find something else to listen to, fuck, you ruin it for other people.

You goatta ease up mang.

Nice purchases by the way dreadmeat, I still need get me clams on the latest Blasphemophagher. I wish I could afford it on vinyl so I can get that sweet poster and the artwork booklet too.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:48 am 

Told you that you would like it! you damn twat.

LiberXul, shut up. It's actually people like you that ruin music for people because you feel there is some sort of elitist attitude you have to adopt so you can proclaim how true you are to your selected growling distortion.

Morbideath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 pm 

OVERTHROW - Within Suffering (reissue 2008 NHR Records) (Killer Canadian thrash from '90!)

ARACHNID - Arachnid (CD press 2012 on Strompsell Records) (Killer US thrash from '92!)

RAZOR - Open Hostility (Fringe Product 1991)

HOLY MOSES - Terminal Terror (West Virginia 1991)

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:31 pm 

Jeeze, what is it with the grumps on here today? That last post in the new Darkthrone thread about shooting up schools was classy, too.

Anyway, while I have no purchases to show off (yet), while I was browsing BestBuy.com to make use of a gift card, I noticed that they have Voivod's Katorz for $1.99 (not to mention free shipping on most everything) and since I already have it, and judging from the reviews here on m-a I've gotten much less out of it than others, I was wondering if we have a subforum or thread on here for keeping track of deals, sales, or promotions, etc -- for spreading the wealth debt, as it were. Every once in a while I see people mention distro sales in this thread, which is fine, I suppose, but I wonder if a dedicated thread wouldn't be a better idea.

So yeah, Katorz is two bucks at bestbuy.com.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:38 pm 

Finally picked up Tiamat - A Deeper Kind of Slumber digipak with the alternate (and imo better) cover. Glad to finally have one of my favorite albums ever.

I give it 5/5 goats. :-P

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 pm 

Let Goats be the score unit from now on then. Or Turds in the case of Cryptopsy - The Unspoken King.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:40 pm 

Sabbat - History of a Time to Come
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Holy Terror - Terror and Submission/Mind Wars (2CD)

What can I say? It's about time I guess. Edited in the Holy Terror. I was originally trying to go with one or the other but I have no self-control. Fuck it.

Ranur5555
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:06 pm 

Got these two from Merchant of Death today:

Aryan Blood - Through Struggle to Victory CD
Fanisk - Insularum CD. Now I'm really looking forward to hearing the whole thing after all these years! Can't wait!

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Sabbat - History of a Time to Come
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Holy Terror - Terror and Submission/Mind Wars (2CD)

What can I say? It's about time I guess. Edited in the Holy Terror. I was originally trying to go with one or the other but I have no self-control. Fuck it.

All essential thrash classics. You won't be regretting any of those purchases. :)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 pm 

LiberXul wrote:
Never thought I would see this type of music turned into some stupid gimmick.
really? it's pretty easy to pick on it, not that i do.
LiberXul wrote:
Three point five goats?
yes, it's... better than 3 goats, but not quite as good as four :grin:
LiberXul wrote:
you're the exact kind of person that should be banned from buying this kind of stuff.
i purchase cds with money, which in part goes to the artist, so i'm supporting them, i go to gigs too
LiberXul wrote:
Find something else to listen to, fuck, you ruin it for other people.
i'm fairly sure my listening to this music isn't actually ruining it for anyone else, i listen to lots of other metals too, man cannot live on goat metal alone
LiberXul wrote:
no, i barely drink, i had 1 beer last year and i certainly don't smoke anything. their imagery usually involves goats, horns, graveyards, skulls, chains, bullet belts, streaky black facepaint etc like blasphemy and sarcofago. i suppose i could say 3.5 wars since it is war metal, but that would sound silly :p

i wasn't taking the piss by giving the goat rating though mate, just accept the comment at face value: a rating

oh and if you want to respond to that PM about the morbid angel illud divinum insanus jewel case cd i'm still keen, you didn't reply...

about 90% of the goaty stuff i have here, the oz stuff and some other bits and pieces are on a different shelf :roll:

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:03 pm 

Two tapes in the mail today

Eremites - O Anoitecer
Forest Grave - Winter Rehearsal

Looking forward to play these...!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
about 90% of the goaty stuff i have here, the oz stuff and some other bits and pieces are on a different shelf :roll:

Damn... that's a lot of goats! :D

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 pm 

CDs and other goodies:

Asphyx - The Rack
Asphyx - Death...the Brutal Way - My second favorite of the Asphyx albums I've heard (all but 2). The song Asphyx II is uuhhhmazing.
Cianide - The Dying Truth - This completes my Cianide discography.... so far!
Krisiun - Apocalyptic Revelation - Didn't really have much interest in this band until recently.... 'cause secret reasons. But thought I'd give them a try, especially since they were on sale (the entire distro was actually).
Nunslaughter - Hell's Unholy Fire - Had the tape for forever, but finally picked up the CD.
Obituary - World Demise - This may just be my second favorite Obituary album. Each song is uhmazing.
Obituary - Frozen in Time
Rotten Sound - Exit - Be seeing these guys at MDF.
Skepticism - Alloy

Plus two shirts: Nunslaughter - Christmassacre and Asphyx - Last One on Earth. Also pictured: My cat's leg and a CD sampler.

Not pictured: An incoming Immolation - Dawn of Possession shirt and potentially an Obituary 2012 European Tour tshirt. They look really sweet, I hope I get it.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:38 pm 

Today, from Target (no pictures because nothing extravagant):

Lana Del Rey - Paradise
Rush - 2112

mvortex
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:12 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
mvortex wrote:
Cryptopsy - None So Vile

just reissues aye?
Sadly.

Delduwath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 pm 

Pissed away more money today:

Cauldron - Into the Cauldron 12" EP
Generally speaking, I prefer the first full length (Chained to the Nite) over the following releases--though I pretty much like everything this band has done, anyway. Still, this is probably my favorite material from Cauldron yet! The vocals are reminiscent of the Goat Horn material, and sounds more aggressive altogether than a lot of their later material. Meant to buy for a while, but somehow always foolishly passed it up. I'm really happy War on Music repressed this. Fuck yeah!

Motörhead - Ace of Spades LP (the 180 gram Mercury repress)
Every person in the world should be issued this record immediately upon birth. Until then, I guess the rest of us poor, Motörheadless fucks will have to buy our own. This is the second time I've bought this album, and I don't regret it because I mysteriously no longer have a working CD player.

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 am 

What is the deal with that new reissue of 2112?

LiberXul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:18 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

oh and if you want to respond to that PM about the morbid angel illud divinum insanus jewel case cd i'm still keen, you didn't reply...

I'll get back to your message now. I've been busy with a new job so I haven't been on this account too much. As per all my CD's it is in near mint condition, I'm sure you'll share it with the board if I do you wrong. (Not that you would be in the wrong, rip offs deserved to be exposed)

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

LiberXul, shut up. It's actually people like you that ruin music for people because you feel there is some sort of elitist attitude you have to adopt so you can proclaim how true you are to your selected growling distortion.

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Go take more photos like these.

Shamancus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:18 am 

LiberXul wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Go take more photos like these.

Pic of metalhead with slightly humorous touch. More? Yes please! I think you're just jealous because you don't have epic beard like him?? Epic beard is epic. :hail:

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 am 

LiberXul wrote:

Who cares what he buys, if him posting that ruins the music for you then that's pretty pathetic. You sound like you should take some prohibited drugs and lighten up a bit.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 am 

ahaha thanks Shamancus, it's pretty obvious it's all in good fun. But apparently i'm supposed to be scowling or not showing my face at all. maybe next time I'll take off my shirt and flex while holding a cd so he can not only be jealous of my beard he can be jealous of my muscles as well. So LiberXul, please get more angry.

Wargus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 am 

Anal Blasphemy - Bestial Black Metal Filth
Anal Blasphemy - Profane Fornication Ejaculation
Thou Art Lord/Ancient Rites - Split (red vinyl)

HellKnight666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 am 

Hi I'm new

I buy Arcturus Constellation (CD) limited to 1000 copies .

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:24 am 

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 pm 

Grabbed the new Helloween and some older discs. No More Tears and a Rush 80's compilation.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:34 pm 

FINALLY! I secured a copy of dodsengel imperator.

DARKZSOU7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm 

Got this week:
Absu - Tara + In the Eyes of Ioldánach
Rottrevore - Iniquitous
Vader - Welcome To The Morbid Reich (w/ Bonus Tracks)

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:27 pm 

Latest:

Manilla Road - The Deluge
Manilla Road - The Courts of Chaos
Toxaemia - Buried To Rise
Katatonia - Dance of December Souls
Motorhead - Bastards
Omen - Battle Cry
Septic Flesh - Mystic Places of Dawn

Omen is a second copy to cover for one I got from the amazon market place with a torn spine (the seller said keep it and sent another one).

The Katatonia and Motorhead were just so to help get free delivery on amazon.co.uk (had the Zenith Men's 96.0529.4035/51.M Defy Xtreme Tourbillon Titanium Chronograph Watch added for that purpose but then I realized it wasn't super saver delivery and added the CDs instead after a quick browse).

TheIbexMoon666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 pm 

I ordered a bunch of shit online.

Abominable Putridity - The Anomalies of Artificial Origin
Defeated Sanity - Passages into Deformity [Pre-Order]
Devourment - Butcher The Weak
Devourment - Unleash The Carnivore
Devourment - Conceived In Sewage [Pre-Order]
Suffocation - Pinnacle Of Bedlam [Pre-Order]
Voivod - Killing Technology
Voivod - Dimension Hatross
Voivod - Phobos
Voivod - Target Earth

Shamancus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:40 pm 

Some of my latest purchases:

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 pm 

That GY!BE album is great, but I prefer the CD version, more music on it and some of the parts in the songs on the LP are different, and better in my opinion.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Shamancus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:48 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
That GY!BE album is great, but I prefer the CD version, more music on it and some of the parts in the songs on the LP are different, and better in my opinion.

Yep, actually I just found out a while ago that the vinyl version lacks some material. I'll probably get the CD version as well even though CDs aren't really my thing. GY!BE is amazing.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400 ... 766  Next