Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:43 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
Catholic... hospital? That's practically an oxymoron. What do they do, pray her well? :nono:

Metantoine wrote:
Thanks for letting us know that you know nothing about the history of health care around the world.

Would you elaborate? I don't exactly know what you mean.

The health care system and also the school was practically controlled by the clergy here before 1960 and in many other countries. It's just not surprising and ridiculous. Inform yourself before making silly posts.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:51 pm 

There's lots of Xtian (and specifically catholic) hospitals in this country. It's very normal and they generally provide the same type and quality of service as secular hospitals. Some have issues with abortion and contraceptive related things but not all.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm 

^ Well pretty much around the whole world. In short, the evangelical christians went around on their "missions"...and of course where there were towns/villages, they set up health camps which turned into dispensaries which in turn became hospitals.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm 

So I’ve got an old friend turned ‘truther’ on my FB. He and a few others were gibbering about mandatory RFID chips being implanted in every American, typical nonsense. After pointedly and succinctly dropping some reasoning bombs on their little circle jerk, I got friend requests from all of them. :facepalm:

I was obviously far too polite.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:18 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:
idk if any of you guys are down but Hatebreed is streaming their new album on their site. These guys get more vicious and metal-friendly with each album. Well worth a listen for any fan of heavy, brutal music. Now drop to the floor and do pushups until you vomit, pussy!

http://hatebreed.com/

Yeah definitely not going to check that out. First album rules though.

"i only listen to the demo"

CorpseFister wrote:
So I’ve got an old friend turned ‘truther’ on my FB. He and a few others were gibbering about mandatory RFID chips being implanted in every American, typical nonsense. After pointedly and succinctly dropping some reasoning bombs on their little circle jerk, I got friend requests from all of them. :facepalm:

I was obviously far too polite.

You should direct them to Tila Tequila's facebook page. She could enlighten them to a whole new world of conspiracies they've missed out on.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:49 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:

Whoops, sorry, site went down. That's not my pic, nor my tape. It's an image that popped up on both the Nuclear War Now forum and the SomethingAwful black metal thread in the music subforum. No idea as to its origins.

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=105 (scroll down)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... t411836394

Just a guess but it looks like the kind of shitty engrish I'd expect from a semi-illiterate brazilian bootlegger

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:22 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOD5mcMnfmI

Anyone see this?

I wonder what they are saying, I don't know French. I'm curious though.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:54 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
Would you elaborate? I don't exactly know what you mean.

The health care system and also the school was practically controlled by the clergy here before 1960 and in many other countries. It's just not surprising and ridiculous. Inform yourself before making silly posts.

Dude, I don't understand you. How can you expect me to inform myself before making a simple post? I think the point I was making was fairly straight forward and I don't understand if you think I had the right or wrong idea even. I don't know how I'm supposed to respond to this. I mean, yeah I'm making a post in response to you, but I'm not sure what you think the 'proper' response would be. Do you treat everyone like this or just me? Honestly I was just making a half hearted attempt at a lazy post. It wasn't meant to be really really deep and insightful. I apologize that you once again feel the need to reprimand me for my behavior. In the future I will try to do things according to how I vaguely imagine you think they should be done. Honestly I'm not sure how that will work out just yet.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:08 pm 

@Goatfangs

Before the song, she says where she's from and says that her name is Rachel.

After, the female judge said: "there's a real contrast between your voice and your physics, but I enjoyed it."

The blond guy asked her: "can you sing a while like this?" Rachel said "I can sing like this for 1hr30. The blond dude says "some metal with a man's voice, your vocal chords are made of steel, it's obvious!"

The last judge, Gilbert Rozon (a well known Québecois famous for being the founder of Juste pour rire, our annual humor festival) said: "I think it was too repetitive, it's gonna be a no"

The lady judge said: "it's gonna be a yes for me"

The blond judge said: "the name of the show fits you well, you have a real talent and only for this, I'd like to see you again"

Rachel's interview at the end: "It was a big surprise having 2 "yes", I thought they would had been more reticent to the music" and "I could sing a cover version of a well known song for them, it would be less repetitive."

That's her btw, pretty cute :) http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/R ... spe/399873

You're welcome, goatfags.

@MD666, I only do that to lame people who say stupid and misinformed things. Don't change your behavior if you don't want to. You won't be banned for something like that.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 pm 

Thank you Metantoine, but may I ask you to edit a typo? When you said "You're welcome" you left out a rather important 'N'...... :p

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 pm 

I'm not lame. I'll tell you that much. I just thought it sounded ironic is all; that hospitals, places of advanced techniques and medical procedures would be controlled by the church. Frankly, I only think it would be lame of me if I was religious and I thought going to a hospital because they're religious was a good idea. That's lame. So you're saying I'm lame? Say what you rightfully want, but I disagree.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:35 pm 

He called you out because your post was idiotic, plain and simple.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
So you're saying I'm lame?

Yes. This is what I said.

@Goatfags: typo?

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:43 pm 

Would it be inappropriate for this forum to just tell whoever I want, besides the mods, to just shut up? I feel like there's a chance I may be being a little too reserved. Honestly. Llama, seriously, Can you please?

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
Would it be inappropriate for this forum to just tell whoever I want, besides the mods, to just shut up? I feel like there's a chance I may be being a little too reserved. Honestly. Llama, seriously, Can you please?

If you had kept quiet and not make a fool of yourself, then maybe people won't make fun of you for being lame. See, I've kept quiet recently for very similar reasons (ones that I discovered myself), so no one would make fun of me that way, and people seemed to forget about me. If you think about such things, maybe people won't judge you so harshly.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm 

Maybe... we'll see though.

My collection

Last edited by CrushedRevelation on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm 

Haha Goatfags, outstanding, even though I don't hate you that's what I'm always going to see you as now.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:08 am 

Take the N from Goatfags and give it to mentaldiscussor666

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 am 

Take the CK from yours and give it to metaldickscussor.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:12 am 

MD, do YO THANG GURL!

Who gives a fuck. Yeah, you said something really fucking stupid, and largely ignored the massive socio-economic and political influence of the Church and its incredible involvement in advancing medical technologies in shitty parts of the world, but who cares if people are mean to you.

To use something I said to usernamepassword many many moons ago: "oh no, someone on the internet's being a dick to you? get the fuck over it."

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 am 

Metantoine wrote:

Zodijayl? Sounds a bit pervy but I can deal with that for a good cause.

Cynical_Misanthropy
Sect of Sorrow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:18 am 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:

Like oogboog said, I would recommend exercising discretion before posting. Silence and discretion are two powerful tools that should be used in everyday life. Quick to listen, slow to speak.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOD5mcMnfmI

Anyone see this?

I wonder what they are saying, I don't know French. I'm curious though.

Tony already translated, but thanks for sharing, that's kinda cool, though the song itself kind of sucks. She's got solid deathgrowl pipes though, good for her. Love how she came dressed like a babe. I bet if she had dressed more "metal" or punk they wouldn't have been caught so off guard.

That reminds me of another unusual performance that went viral, an 11-year old girl who yodels at America's Got Talent :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blNYrjs61EM

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 am 

Metantoine wrote:

He cusses at dicks? Haha.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:27 am 

G'day everyone. Happy Australia day. It's 4:30PM here and I think I just might get started drinking.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:05 am 

Goatfags: When Billy Met Billy.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:09 am 

Someone send Chris Moyen an e-mail, tell him to draw some Goatfags. :lol:

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:26 am 

Man, that original run of the Twilight Zone has so many timeless, amazing, and creative stories. I'm in love.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:37 am 

Why do I get the feeling Civil raised a toast in celebration somewhere to The Devil's Blood breaking up?

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:55 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Man, that original run of the Twilight Zone has so many timeless, amazing, and creative stories. I'm in love.

My grandpa always mentioned it was his favorite show when I was little, but I tried watching it with him and didn't really understand why. Once I grew up enough to not be distracted by the very, very dated special effects (basically when I turned eight), I realized how creative it really was. And in hindsight, yeah it's impressive how timeless the show wound up being. So many of those old episodes are classics that everybody knows, even if they've never seen them.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:23 am 

The gremlin episode with William Shatner is hilarious nowadays, due to the combination of Shatner's acting the crappy gremlin costume.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:05 am 

Infinity Blade 2 is pretty enjoyable on the iPad mini and handles like a charm, it's basic gameplay but it's fun to kill time with. Excellent graphics and feels perfect for gaming as opposed to the regular iPad with is better for Internet browsing. Currently listening to Killing Joke's Pandemonium and I'm kicking myself for not having heard it before. Not sure which version of Millennium I like more, they've both got their hooks.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:04 am 

Been listening to a lot of Inquisition lately and I was wondering if that particular vocal style has a name. I believe Immortal also use the same. Also, is it au naturale or are there some effects put into it?

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:17 am 

I don't think it has a name and it isn't effects, I saw them live, sounded what they do on record and Incubus is a fucking machine on drums.

The only quell I had was that they have next to no stage presence, they came on, played and just left but it might just be a black metal thing because every black metal band I've seen has done that.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:07 am 

Hey bros, haven't been on here for a while, will probably start stinking the place up with my presence more this year, assuming there's any cool people remaining and stuff. Much to look forward to, chilling with my wife, getting a new career (!!), playing house and shit, and so much music to check out! Gonna be a good time and stuff

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:35 am 

Still coming to Keep it True, dickhead?

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:39 am 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:
Still coming to Keep it True, dickhead?

short of winning lotto, no. :(

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:02 am 

Im going to Germany!!!!! HEEELL YEAAAAH!!! Does somebody know if I still can find WOA tickets???

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:13 am 

Go to Party.San Open Air instead.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:26 am 

And so it came to pass that I finally discovered that Windir's Arntor is a pretty great album. Not without its flaws, surely, but a really charming, adventuresome, and at times fairly epic vision composed by an active teenage mind :). Kids gotta have hobbies.... If only more of them spent their summer vacations writing metal sagas instead of playing WoW.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778, 779 ... 827  Next