Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:27 am 

Always wanted to go to Vegas. Not until I'm 21 though, or else there'd be no point.

How long are you going for?

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:28 am 

I wonder if Snorre has abandoned plans for a second Thorns album. With all the cool shit in the pipeline for this year, that would really be the cream on the cake for me.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:37 am 

I have no idea what happened to the fucking Thorns album. It was almost done like two years ago.
Hehe, foreskins.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 am 

I will be surprised to see a new Thorns album in the foreseeable future, but it would be nice.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:33 am 

Gentlemen, you had my curiosity but now you have my attention.

Spoiler: show
I couldn't resist but post that. I'll check out Thorns soon.

I saw this video on /r/ videos. I think successful troll was successful. This guy danced around etc in a moshpit at the Warped Tour. Basically, a big fuck you to the scene kids and the bands.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lc2R3Od2-8&sns=em

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:44 am 

FrizzySkernip wrote:
Always wanted to go to Vegas. Not until I'm 21 though, or else there'd be no point.

How long are you going for?

Until Friday unless there's a show at the pyrate punx place or something on Saturday. I just posted the same thing in the picture thread, but expect hella Fallout: NV pics. Gonna spike my hair, wear the plaid pants, get a skank round my neck and go shooting out around Nipton and Ellis Airforce Base
:hyper:

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:50 am 

This sinus infection I have still hasn't died after over 3 months and the 1 month of strong antibiotics I took didn't even kill it. Next I'm getting an MRI done hopefully assuming the insurance company approves it. I just want this shit gone already...

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:30 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

This..... Is really fucking disgusting. Fuck those racist scumbags. May their genitals fall off.

I think they may already be missing bits...

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:58 am 

:lol: Napero takes the gold again, it seems.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:15 am 

The infamous Opeth troll on last.fm has achieved yet another milestone. He has scrobbled the track 'Black Rose Immortal' 666 times under homonymous username. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ROZIMORTIL :lol:
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:19 am 

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
Friedrich Nietzsche

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:20 am 

Haha that's one of the more bizarre and entertaining acts of... is it even trolling? I don't know what it is, but it's funny.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 am 

The Thorns website said a new album is on the way. This announcement was made a few years ago.

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 am 

iAm wrote:
I even know hardliner sXe kids who sport hockey masks and soda can sized gauges who shit on that awful band. That really says something about them, doesn't it?

I bet those kids also hate a lot of really good music. just a hunch...

FlaPack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 pm 

Re: the Youtube shitfest a few pages back

Youtube now thinks I'm a total douche and will only recommend tampon commercials and Blood on the Dance Floor videos. Thank you all so very much.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

This..... Is really fucking disgusting. Fuck those racist scumbags. May their genitals fall off.

Napero wrote:
I think they may already be missing bits...

:lol: :thumbsup:

So, I just found out that Meshuggah's debut is quite decent. It's not only rather removed from the boring technical nonsense they started doing later (while still being very intricate), but also has a much more organic production, and Jens Kidman sounds like a nice mix of Justice era James Hetfield and Max Cavalera from around the time Arise came out. And, most important of all, it has some actual fucking riffs. It doesn't blow my mind, but it's leagues above everything else this band has shat out as far as I'm concerned.

Dylbean
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 pm 

Is anyone else as surprised as me that there is no band on the archives called Angina?

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 pm 

No. Should I be? What does that even mean?
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
So, I just found out that Meshuggah's debut is quite decent. It's not only rather removed from the boring technical nonsense they started doing later (while still being very intricate), but also has a much more organic production, and Jens Kidman sounds like a nice mix of Justice era James Hetfield and Max Cavalera from around the time Arise came out. And, most important of all, it has some actual fucking riffs. It doesn't blow my mind, but it's leagues above everything else this band has shat out as far as I'm concerned.

Funny. I remember buying their first EP when it came out, and it sounded like crap to me then, as it does now. And that was one of the two preludes to the album that made their mark on the metal map, so to speak. But it has riffs! I better pick up my balls, before the drain claims them. And an organic production! Good god, what next, a free range production?

I'm not poking fun at you or your terrible taste or how you try to disguise your ignorance or anything, believe you me I hate myself more than I never think about you or respect your opinions. Nay, I just think that you're a dullard of the highest order. No worries though, in 2015 you'll be popping up here to announce how early Pyogenesis really had their pulse pounding to the beat of what death/doom was REALLY like. You are a metal anachronism, my friend. It's a little cute. You should be happy that someone replied to what you wrote, I mean, that's why you wrote it in the first place.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:33 pm 

Man, talk about judging someone based on a single comment :lol:

Yeah, yeah, whatever, I'm a dullard and an anachronism and such and such. Anyone care to share any worthwhile thoughts? You can keep the unwarranted, passive-aggressive personal attacks to yourselves, though.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:36 pm 

You still haven't thanked me for replying to it. This alone proves that you are a mean and cold and heartless person. I hope that you do not own any pets. If I were an iguana under your care I would actually eat the rat poison that you feed me. I hope you're happy with yourself, I sure wouldn't be. I take care of the animals under my wing.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 pm 

Dylbean wrote:
Is anyone else as surprised as me that there is no band on the archives called Angina?

My friends and I wanted to start a band called Angina.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:53 pm 

waiguoren wrote:
You still haven't thanked me for replying to it. This alone proves that you are a mean and cold and heartless person. I hope that you do not own any pets. If I were an iguana under your care I would actually eat the rat poison that you feed me. I hope you're happy with yourself, I sure wouldn't be. I take care of the animals under my wing.

Okay, I get it; you're just pulling my leg. You should stop doing it, by the way, because it's not funny.

Necessitarian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 pm 

Xlxlxl, the quote in your sig is misattributed: http://quoteinvestigator.com/2012/06/05/dance-insane/

If you still want a Carlin quote though, I'd go with this: "My motto: Fuck hope!" or simply "Fuck hope!".

Glad to be of help.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 pm 

Oh..... I'll change it right away. Thanks Necessitarian. I prefer "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that" though :-P

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:32 pm 

waiguoren :lol:

I feel like we would get along quite well.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:36 pm 

SO going through the miscellaneous section at Rasuptin (aka the $2.00 CD's) and I come across this album called Humo Del Cairo. I buy it, and pop it into the CD player and...it's really good Stoner Metal/Rock. iTunes lists the band as Humo Del Cairo too.
Yep, yesterday was really exciting. Still, always like buying mystery albums.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
waiguoren :lol:

I feel like we would get along quite well.

If you're paying, then yes, we would.

Now I know a lot of guys claim not to wet the bed when they're drunk and pass out, which is fine, but also a total lie of course. But let's see if those same tough guys don't make tinkles on the ole mattressipoos when listening to this under the blankies with a flashlight (focusing on the lyrics are essential, which are included here of course):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbgJkBhOkg0

I urinated just pasting the link.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:47 pm 

Fatality!

Ok I like Meshuggah's first album but I say that as a notorious fan of mediocre thrash, which is exactly what Contradictions Collapse is. Nothing mind-blowing or even new in the guitar department, the vocals are about as middle-of-the-road as you can get and the songs go too long sometimes. Still I think songs like Erroneous Manipulation do a good job of creating an oppressive yet catchy vibe and I still listen occasionally after all these years.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Necessitarian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:48 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Oh..... I'll change it right away. Thanks Necessitarian. I prefer "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that" though :-P

That's too fluffy. Plus it's wrong as well, humans are incredibly smart, considering how the average human is more intelligent than almost all of the other 198733106669769932756713445 living organisms on earth.

I wonder if the average human being was of above Einsteinian intelligence would today's average nuclear physicist be called a retard then or would they be intelligent enough to have some perspective. Still, fuck hope.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:51 pm 

Eh, I don't know. I agree with Carlin regarding the average human intelligence, especially considering the insane amount of people whose lives revolve around clothes, sports, and celebrities. Ignorant, shallow bastards..... But hey, who am I to judge?

Necessitarian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:56 pm 

But all those people are still smarter than pretty much every other organism. Seems silly to take the highest known intelligence to be the measure with which to compare every other. Anyone smarter than a fruit fly is okay in my book.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:57 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Eh, I don't know. I agree with Carlin regarding the average human intelligence, especially considering the insane amount of people whose lives revolve around clothes, sports, and celebrities. Ignorant, shallow bastards..... But hey, who am I to judge? :wink:

How do you quantify the average human intelligence then? There are plenty of dumb guys out there that hold jobs as lawyers, engineers and rhinoplasty surgeons. One man's dumb is another man's stupid (that's an American saying). I also read that many Satanists are well-to-do people like lawyers, engineers and rhinoplasty surgeons.

You just can't tell. If you had a cyberhand to stretch out, I would hold it right now.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:04 pm 

Yes, one man's dumb is another man's stupid, and by my standards, most people tend to be really fucking idiotic. I don't use what job someone has to measure their intelligence, because intelligence is comprised more of the way you perceive the world than the knowledge you have of it, as far as I'm concerned. Insightfulness, creativity, curiosity..... Those are traits I associate with intelligent people. Not saying that I'm a genius or anything (I'm far from such a label), but more like humanity's cultural shallowness and discouragement of intellectual development has led to..... Whatever it is now. Of course this is only my personal viewpoint, but I stand by it.
waiguoren wrote:
If you had a cyberhand to stretch out, I would hold it right now.

I would also seriously appreciate it if you stopped talking to me this way.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm 

If you don't want my cyberhand, fine! Perhaps we can mindmeld our cyberbrains, that would be uber-hella cool. If you say no you are racist and like Hitler.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:17 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm 

Yes, I am.

Seriously. I am.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 pm 

That Warning track was just what I needed. So powerful. Thanks waiguoren!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:10 pm 

[Embedded youtube edited by admin]

You went full retard man. Never go full retard.

[Admin note: ironic, considering the poster has been suspended for this quite retarded post.]

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:44 pm 

Quote:
This sinus infection I have still hasn't died after over 3 months and the 1 month of strong antibiotics I took didn't even kill it. Next I'm getting an MRI done hopefully assuming the insurance company approves it. I just want this shit gone already...

MRI? Double check with your MD as to what they're ordering. MRIs of the sinuses basically don't work well. CT scans are preferred for sinusitis. Downside is radiation, but the MRI is gonna image that crappily. Just sayin'.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 786, 787 ... 827  Next