Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:16 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
Stuff

In all fairness, I find it a bit unfair. I'd assume most younger guys approached sexually by a girl their own age would be all "Aw yeah, sweet!". In the same circumstance, it's seen as obscene and overbearing for gay people to do the same, even at that age. It's a bit like we're denied the opportunity to be promiscuous, even if that's what we want to do.
Hehe, foreskins.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:21 am 

If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 am 

shouvince wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
Well, call me crazy, but I see that type of behavior as stupid and douchebaggy instead of creepy.

Well you are :)

Now that we have had this little shindig done with, here's something you'd probably find creepy since you aren't fond of mantises either. But heck, they're spiders and they're awesome. The video isn't graphic so don't worry.

Spoiler: show

Quote:
In the Brazilian town of Santo Antônio da Platina, spiders known as Anelosimus eximius were shot by Erick Reis as they showered the sky. Marta Fischer, a local biologist, is quoted at G1 as saying (translated), “…They are usually in trees during the day and in the late afternoon and early evening construct a sort of sheet webs, each makes his and then they come together. The goal is to capture insects.” She also says this phenomenon is normal.

That is awesome. I love natural phenomenons like that. It's a good thing they aren't very smart, they could catch a toddler with that thing.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:49 am 

SICK DROP WITH THAT DUB-UB-UB

Also, wtf was that last page? A dude just got admonished for not wanting to be feminine? He's a guy. If he thinks effeminate actions aren't cool, it's because he's a fucking guy. I don't see the problem with that. Or, I don't see the problem with not really wanting to be touched...it's hit fucking body, it's no one else's. I mean, Xl, you're a cool dude, but you need to cool it on the hyper-liberal attacks on people [the same goes for the rest of you who ganged up on him ;_; ]

I'm a sexual dynamo with the fluidity of the great Ohio river when it comes to not caring about gay/trans/whatever and I may have....experimented..with....some...dudes....in...college. But, the fact is, I'm a man and I hate it when dudes act super-effeminate [because they are still menm, after all, so that "femininity" comes with a sexual desire not found the same in women - making the blend really odd or indecent] or beta or fucking passive-aggressive. Shit's annoying. It's not unnatural, it's not immoral, it's just annoying and I hate being annoyed.

NOW LET'S ALL LIFT WEIGHTS.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:02 am 

Crick wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:
Stuff

In all fairness, I find it a bit unfair. I'd assume most younger guys approached sexually by a girl their own age would be all "Aw yeah, sweet!". In the same circumstance, it's seen as obscene and overbearing for gay people to do the same, even at that age. It's a bit like we're denied the opportunity to be promiscuous, even if that's what we want to do.

Wat. I said a lot of "stuff", so that's sort of confusing since I can't really figure out what exactly you're replying to here... I'm just going to guess I know what you're saying and reply with:

No kid needs to be sexually harassed in school. Period. No kid should be sexually harrassing another kid in school. Period. Exceptions should not exist for anyone "special" if it makes someone else uncomfortable (and, yeah, if a chick started flicking her bean and jiggling her tits in my face, I'D be uncomfortable. What an asshole that must make me, right? Sorry, just not into it... or having people in my space in general).

Guys do it to girls CONSTANTLY. Does that make it okay? Hell no. Why's it any different for a gay guy? Girls almost never (but shouldn't if they do) do it to boys (and it's frequently just girls manipulating boys to do them favors), and girls who get harassed almost never want it done to them any more than a heterosexual KID wants another boy doing it to them... and, well, if you're not into guys, you're just not. A kid shouldn't have to "deal with it" because of the poor minority gay kid (awww ;__;) rubbing his dick in class is giving him fuck-eyes. Go find a youth organization or have sex with older men like everyone else does at that age (no, I'm not "actually" advocating the other, it was a joke).

Your idea that "it's not fair for gay boys" is basically on the same level as the old "it's okay to be a pedophile and have sex with boys as long as you're hot and have a vagina" argument.

Crick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:04 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
Your idea that "it's not fair for gay boys" is basically on the same level as the old "it's okay to be a pedophile and have sex with boys as long as you're hot and have a vagina" argument.

Uhhhh... Bit hyperbolic here. I'm happy to admit I was a bit unreasonable, but... Really? Pedophilia?
Hehe, foreskins.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:08 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
NOW LET'S ALL LIFT WEIGHTS.

I'm just gonna watch. and drink gay drinks while I do it. B|

Also, I feel I should clarify: I think it's silly that the dude's "uncomfortable" with "femme" people, but I also don't think it's okay to harass someone just because you're "femme". That's so stupid and counterproductive. That mindset of "it's okay for 'victims' to ignore the rules" is just divisive, and it builds resentment and tension between everyone.

Also, Crick, I'm not being hyperbolic, you're just assuming I'm equating pedophilia with anything when it was merely an analogy for the stupid exceptions people make.

FURTHERMORE, I'LL ADD: In, like, 3rd grade, there was this really effeminate boy who would wrap his jacket around boys and pull them up to him. He did this constantly, and, yeah, it made me uncomfortable, fucking god forbid. I'm gay and even I didn't like that shit. I DON'T LIKE TO BE TOUCHED!!! *flips a table*

Crick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:14 am 

See, you sound like the opposite of me. More people should touch me. I don't mind, bro.
Hehe, foreskins.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:21 am 

Raytwonwian, you just said it all, gurl, you said everything I was gonna say + MO so I'm just gonna sit back and drink mah tea.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:25 am 

Crick wrote:
See, you sound like the opposite of me. More people should touch me. I don't mind, bro.

Diff'rent strokes (OR NOT). Haha...

Under_Starmere wrote:
Raytwonwian, you just said it all, gurl, you said everything I was gonna say + MO so I'm just gonna sit back and drink mah tea.

TY, babi! *smootchies* ;)

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
I DON'T LIKE TO BE TOUCHED!!! *flips a table*

Bitches made a motherfucking mess. ┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ)

metal-archives.homo

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:39 am 

kingnuuuur wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:
I DON'T LIKE TO BE TOUCHED!!! *flips a table*

Bitches made a motherfucking mess. ┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ)

metal-archives.homo

"AYCHE... TEE-TEE-PEE..."
Ha... that makes me nostalgic for my childhood in Columbus, MS @_@

EDIT: I meant Caledonia, MS (but I've lived in both, so whatever. They're about the same).

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:53 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
I don't see the problem with not really wanting to be touched...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrtkiLEGbE

He was being admonished for flipping out and being disgusted (the ugh) by a gay guy for simply flirting with him. The wiggling penis is too much obviously and the guy shouldn't have done it, but that being a reason to be scarred for life?

Quote:
I'm a sexual dynamo with the fluidity of the great Ohio river when it comes to not caring about gay/trans/whatever and I may have....experimented..with....some...dudes....in...college. But, the fact is, I'm a man and I hate it when dudes act super-effeminate [because they are still menm, after all, so that "femininity" comes with a sexual desire not found the same in women - making the blend really odd or indecent] or beta or fucking passive-aggressive. Shit's annoying. It's not unnatural, it's not immoral, it's just annoying and I hate being annoyed.

I hate when men don't act like men because I'm a manly man! There's nothing actually wrong, of course, with being gay! See, I can even joke about being "gay" in college! I'm down with the gays!

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:14 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
Well, call me crazy, but I see that type of behavior as stupid and douchebaggy instead of creepy.

The way I see it, "creepy" is defined as stupid/douchebaggy/socially awkward behavior + sexual intent. So that guy was pretty much the definition of a creep.

Fair enough. Maybe it's just me man, but I have a hard time finding sexual intent creepy, though I guess I could see how someone else would.....
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
I mean, Xl, you're a cool dude, but you need to cool it on the hyper-liberal attacks on people [the same goes for the rest of you who ganged up on him ;_; ]

"Hyper-liberal attacks on people"? In plural? And I wasn't saying that he shouldn't react in any way to such behavior. I was, in fact, saying that there were less childish and immature ways to do so (but if he was a kid back then, I'd say it's somewhat justified), and even admitted that yes, the dude who teased him was acting like a douchebag about it.
WaywardSon wrote:
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
I don't see the problem with not really wanting to be touched...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrtkiLEGbE

He was being admonished for flipping out and being disgusted (the ugh) by a gay guy for simply flirting with him. The wiggling penis is too much obviously and the guy shouldn't have done it, but that being a reason to be scarred for life?

Also, this. All of it.

I'm perfectly okay with you Frog. I just can't bring myself to agree with you on this particular point.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm 

Did my stupid joking comment seriously spawn a multi page discussion on homosexuality and masculinity/femininity?

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:51 pm 

Is this really happening on MA, let alone in the FFA?
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:07 pm 

I also agree with WaywardSon, I wasn't saying that what the gay dude did to Shouvince was ok (it wasn't and it was probably only to fuck with Vince), I was more admonishing his reaction, but he was a kid back then, so no biggie but still: " I don't know if it was his conscious attempt to flirt (ugh) with me but I played it cool coz I'm a nice guy like that. I tried not to offend him and talked back thinking that class would be over and I'd be out of there"

OzzyApu: everything can happen here, mate. You know that!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:02 pm 

The sexual akwardness of MA users. Food for the soul.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:57 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
The sexual akwardness of MA users. Food for the soul.

It shows itself in it's fullest a week or so before Valentines day. Every year.

Also MA has been really slow for me the past couple days.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:55 pm 

shouvince wrote:

What's strange is that the biologist said that the phenomenon was normal. I wonder how the local Brazilians react to such things. Just another day I suppose...

Fuck you all. That's how.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 pm 

Are we done now...?
Jeez.

Btw MA is slow as fuck and gives me 404 and 503 errors. Anyone else having this?

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:24 pm 

It's just really slow for me, no errors thus far.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:46 pm 

Yeah it's been pretty slow for me too but usually only when I'm on my phone not the pc. And yeah I've been getting those errors off and on too, all this since the crash though, so it's probably just some bugs that need working out.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 pm 

inhumanist wrote:

Btw MA is slow as fuck and gives me 404 and 503 errors. Anyone else having this?

I got a lot so far, they seem to be stopping now though

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 pm 

iAm wrote:
Oh god.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism. :panda:

I'm a few pages late, but I think I'm gonna sig this.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:43 am 

Marag wrote:
shouvince wrote:

What's strange is that the biologist said that the phenomenon was normal. I wonder how the local Brazilians react to such things. Just another day I suppose...

Fuck you all. That's how.

I see.

Btw, I couldn't open MA till just now. Quite a stir my post caused. Hmm. Apologies to those who got offended or found it douchebaggy and for those who felt that that situation was weird enough to warrant me getting uncomfortable etc, thanks. No reason to take it too seriously and no I'm not "scarred for life" as someone put it. I did mention that I was being a bit dramatic.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:49 am 

What's with all the homophobic discussions all of a sudden! Did Halford nail Elton John? :o
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:53 am 

doomster999 wrote:
What's with all the homophobic discussions all of a sudden! Did Halford nail Elton John? :o

That would be pretty gay.

I apparently have 250 CD's. OBVIOUSLY not the most ever, but still seems like a lot to me.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:30 am 

This is so damn cool. Makes me think of what Self-titled/Return era Bathory would sound like if Quorthon incorporated some doom influences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nVQeXbz ... &t=1h8m23s

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:18 am 

Sounds more like a slow version of Blood Fire Death to me. I like it.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:06 am 

Yeah, that works too. Iuvenes' Bathory-worship stuff (Sons of Mayhem, When Heroes Will Rise, Triumph of the Will) is insanely good. Unfortunately, their attempts at being Graveland-style epic really fall short.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 am 

BloodSacrificeShaman wrote:
Yeah, that works too. Iuvenes' Bathory-worship stuff (Sons of Mayhem, When Heroes Will Rise, Triumph of the Will) is insanely good. Unfortunately, their attempts at being Graveland-style epic really fall short.

Well, Graveland's attempts at being epic really fall short.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:20 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Well, Graveland's attempts at being epic really fall short.

Yeah, well. Opinions man. :grumble:

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:32 am 

The pope resigns. I wonder when was the last time that happened.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:41 am 

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:04 am 

Funny, according to Wikipedia that was also the year antipope Benedict XIII was excommunicated...

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:12 am 

inhumanist wrote:
The pope resigns. I wonder when was the last time that happened.

Was he caught touching boys in the private place?

EDIT: Nope. Just old-ass age.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 am 

Eh, they'll just get another corrupt and decrepit fuck to replace him. Nothing will change, or at least not for the better.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 pm 

He could just use "transfer essence" like the emperor did.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:13 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
doomster999 wrote:

That would be pretty gay.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 799, 800, 801, 802, 803, 804, 805 ... 827  Next