* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:58 am 

CorpseFister wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jam with my guitarist friend went really well. He came in with great ideas, was able to improvise some really good stuff (way better than I can) and was totally cool taking some direction as we worked out the parts for one of my existing song. Plus, he digs my music and is a chill guy. I've got a good setup in my studio, I feel like my writing is better than ever, and now I've got a talented and cool guitarist to work with. I am elated. This DSBM album is finally gonna happen! :D

How good is it when things start moving? Glad you are making headway!

Edit: Double-quoted cause I'm a dumbarse.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:03 am 

Goat Martyr is fucking falling apart, honestly. We've not even found a drummer yet and the rhythm guitar player has dropped off the face of the earth. I'm still writing new material, I've got like 6 songs completely done, but it's just me and the vocalist, and I'm sure he's stewing and mad at this point :/

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:50 pm 

I'll record yo drums.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:45 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
I'm sure he's stewing and mad at this point :/

Recipe for metal.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:46 pm 

working on mixing 54R tracks for a split with KP. while doing that finalizing the mix on the new Draug album. I'm quite happy with it thus far!

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:19 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
Goat Martyr is fucking falling apart, honestly. We've not even found a drummer yet and the rhythm guitar player has dropped off the face of the earth. I'm still writing new material, I've got like 6 songs completely done, but it's just me and the vocalist, and I'm sure he's stewing and mad at this point :/

Fuck 'em all, record as a duo.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
I'll record yo drums.

that sounds like it'd be pretty sick, and really, I appreciate the offer very much :)
but at the same time I'd like to be able to play shows, potentially tour and have regular rehearsals, y'know?

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 pm 

Just uploaded this demo in progress for a new Forestfather track (it's like half of the whole song btw)

https://soundcloud.com/forestfather/for ... mo-track-7

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:02 am 

Well you might be a bit more likely to get someone else local to drum for you if you have already shown that you got something released and are basically ready to move forward with the band regardless if you have members present around you or not.

Kvel... like I said in email it sounds awesome and I really can't wait to hammer down on that!

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Well you might be a bit more likely to get someone else local to drum for you if you have already shown that you got something released and are basically ready to move forward with the band regardless if you have members present around you or not.

Kvel... like I said in email it sounds awesome and I really can't wait to hammer down on that!

true, very true. Shit, I just finished and printed my last song for a while (seven songs completely written and arranged now except for drums lol). I'll hit you up if I ever need something then, Shaolin, since you so kindly offered :thumbsup: :)

BastardHead wrote:

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:12 am 

You are welcome, you know how to contact me ;)

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:35 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

I agree with both of these. Tyrant, the more solid demos you have to show potential band members, the better off you are. If nothing else, you can say, "can you do this? cuz this is what we're looking for" instead of "you know something a bit like so-and-so but more crazy" .. or some shit. Plus it'll give you more momentum as you work on stuff (local musician or not) instead of sitting dead in the water while you wait for a drummer. :(

Kveldulfr, I like your stuff. I'm really looking forward to hearing the damage brought by SLK in your combo. I know it's a demo, so I don't know what your end concept looks like, exactly, but More bass action! More bass action!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:11 pm 

Well our first album is coming out soon, I'm actually drumming on that one! :)

Had band practice today, pretty much have a song nailed down. I think we have our style down and everything and I kicked my beater right through the kick head. it's double ply with a thick beater pad on it, and it didn't even split the pad. luckily I can just use a double pedal and switched the kicks round till i get a new head.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:23 pm 

Yes. Like I said .. the damage. :)

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:43 pm 

hahaha I gotcha, I just wasn't sure if you were aware!

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:53 pm 

You're such a beast you break your own shit! :)

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:09 pm 

Ain't the first time, There isn't much I haven't ruined or destroyed be by accident or on purpose.

infinitenexus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 pm 

I wrote some kinda odd fusion of ambient and metal recently. finished two songs, halfway wrote a few more. I'm going to try to finish 5 or 6 songs by the end of the month. Might be fun.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:29 pm 

Wrote and recorded a song for an upcoming split Mykridia is doing.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 pm 

Had the last Atragon practice before the tour begins tonight. We're sounding pretty damn good.

Wednesday we're playing with Monarch!, Sunsmasher, and Σao, Thursday is with SAINT VITUS and Mos Generator, Friday is Serpent Venom, Bast, The Earls of Mars, and Sedulus, Saturday is Tree of Sores, Wizard's Beard, and Crypt Lurker with us headlining, and Sunday is Tree of Sores, Megalodoom, Riff Bastard, and Knifecutter.

All in all, it's some pretty good gigs. Should be fun.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:59 pm 

Good luck on tour!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:09 pm 

Wrote some more Blasphegram lyrics tonight. In fitting with the "every song's inspired by a horror film" theme, this song, Black Moon Rising, is based on The House of the Devil.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:11 am 

That movie was awful. Find better movies to write lyrics about.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:16 am 

You are wrong, good sir. That movie was quite awesome. Looked and felt just like an early-80s horror film.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:52 am 

Are you talking about House of the retarded boring failing on fronts devil? It didn't feel like an old horror film. It felt like a someone was attempting to pay homage to those old movies but didn't know how to do so. Me and my wife have watched tons of horror movies mainly older one from the 70's and 80's and we both hated it cause it's just so try hard and clueless on what honestly made those movies great. I honestly don't understand anyone who has enjoyed it and frankly up till this point has only been hipsters who suddenly claimed to have some large knowledge on horror movies yet have never seen any classics. meh on that movie.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 am 

Starting on the 3rd stage of mixing this 54R side of a split with KP. thus far I'm pleased.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11 pm 

Set up a "label" and will be releasing a 6" Lathe within the next few weeks limited to 22. It's going to be my Power electronics project and my friend Waves Crashing Piano Chords. Also going to put out my friends post-black metal band on CD and probably going to do a limited run on cassette.

Every time my grindcore band practices we get tighter and tighter. Hopefully playing shows soon. Got a pretty dope cover of One Foot in the Grave by Slaughter down. Basically we sound like Napalm Death, Slaughter and Cryptic Slaughter. It's just fast.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:31 am 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

I agree with both of these. Tyrant, the more solid demos you have to show potential band members, the better off you are. If nothing else, you can say, "can you do this? cuz this is what we're looking for" instead of "you know something a bit like so-and-so but more crazy" .. or some shit. Plus it'll give you more momentum as you work on stuff (local musician or not) instead of sitting dead in the water while you wait for a drummer. :(

Kveldulfr, I like your stuff. I'm really looking forward to hearing the damage brought by SLK in your combo. I know it's a demo, so I don't know what your end concept looks like, exactly, but More bass action! More bass action!

Hey, thanx a lot! The rest of the song will be less heavy (even less, yes), but I hope it'll sound fairly balanced compared to the rest of the material I've wrote.

SLK added a lot more of aggression to the songs. The guy blasts like a madman and there are some passages of the MCD that are fast as fuck! Added double bass where I didn't though about it and also added some nice patterns to songs that I demoed very plain drumwise. His style is especially notorious in 'Inner Ascension' and 'The Days Ever-Done' (Check my sig, the whole MCD is up to listen)

You see, that demo has no bass. I usually record bass at the end, when I have all arrangements done so the basslines won't distract from the other instruments but also shine by their own. Maybe this sounds weird for many, but since I work on my music 'on the fly' nowadays, I usually do drums and guitars first to have a picture of the song, then I add bass and additional instruments if are needed.

My main instrument is the (fretless) bass tho, which might be more prominent and busy on the next material. There'll be more acoustic passages so I expect to create some neat basslines. I'm well versed on progressive rock/metal and I'm a huge fan of Gary Willis, Sean Malone, Jeff Berlin, SDG and a large etc. In fact, I joined a band recently where I'll record an album somewhere this year. The style is like extreme progressive metal, something like Ihsahn and Ne Obliviscaris (more like the latter I think). The guys sent me a track and I put bass over it. They loved it so I think it's my chance to show my skills ;)

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:33 pm 

Thanks! I'm glad I was a positive addition and didn't ruin the songs I performed on. haha.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:03 pm 

Solos for the new Sorrowseed album were partially tracked yesterday (of the four lead players that will be on the record, two of them are complete with their contributions and one has started tracking them), and the rest of the keys are being tracked as I type this as Josh just got to the studio about 20 minutes ago. This leaves just five songs left for vocals, the rest of the solos and lead breaks, and one keyboard tune Josh and I are penning together before the actual recording part of the album is over and mixing can begin full time. To say I'm excited is a massive understatement, as we are moving along with this album much faster than we originally thought. I personally am hoping the album will be done and ready for printing by the start of the summer, if not sometime in May.

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 pm 

MUSIC IS AWESOME.

Last night I had the second jam and recording session with my new friend/guitarist on some of my atmospheric black metal stuff. It's going really well, we've got two songs pretty much completely worked out. It's awesome, he's pretty talented and can immediately seem to capture the vibe I'm going for with the leads he's been creating. We recorded rhythm guitar and leads for one song already and I'm really liking how it sounds thus far.

Then two nights ago I got together with the vocalist/main writer of my new wave band to record some synths. I've been wanting to incorporate more 8th and 16th note arps by triggering analog synthesizers with MIDI so we spent a while playing around with that. We came up with a sweet synth bassline by running MIDI to an Akai, then outputting the Akai to a Roland to run the audio through an additional lowpass filter. The final recording is really neat- it's a collaborate take where he 'played' the amplitude envelope on the Akai while I worked the filter cutoff and resonance on the Roland, with neither of us even touching a keyboard. And it sounded fucking cool.

All in all, a good couple of sessions. That burst of creativity and having it all come together to create something from nothing... it's pretty much the best thing ever.

Awblaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 pm 

I just supported Saint Vitus. Holy shit are they good.

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:32 am 

Well, we're without a bassist just as bass recording got started. Brilliant.

Plan A, which was to find a replacement as competent as our old bassist(a nigh-impossible task, the dude is just so fucking good) rapidly fell apart due to people being flaky with their commitment(I think a yes or no reply is a fair expectation when we ask if you're gonna come for rehearsal or not).

Plan B? Buy a goddamn bass and record ourselves. This way we don't need to deal with people's bullshit and drama and poor time management :) As for live shows, forget about playing here in Singapore. We'll just 'recruit' session members for overseas shows. Who knows, maybe I could work something out with one of you guys!

Hope to get everything done soon. This release has been delayed way too long, and has seen so many big obstacles along the way.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:44 am 

Go with plan B.

Awesome Awblaster, saw St. Vitus last year or the year before. They just destroyed.

Metallumz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:24 pm 

Currently in the process of writing and recording some DEMO songs for my Evilasinatas project, been a few months since I've picked up the guitar and started writing again but so far today i've got 4 songs in the bag.

This is the first song to be included on the new DEMO
https://rapidshare.com/files/2932007863 ... e%20Is.mp3

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 pm 

In the early stages of getting my new drum kit. Doing a layaway deal with an eBay seller so that he can hold the kit while I wait for the money I'd be using to pay him comes in at the end of the month (gotta love accident settlements). It's a Pearl Masters MCX kit. Below is the eBay display photo.

Spoiler: show

When it comes time to do the Burger King Diamond stuff in the summer as well as the Blasphegram material whenever that may be, I'm using this bad boy.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 pm 

somefella wrote:

Plan A, which was to find a replacement as competent as our old bassist(a nigh-impossible task, the dude is just so fucking good) rapidly fell apart due to people being flaky with their commitment(I think a yes or no reply is a fair expectation when we ask if you're gonna come for rehearsal or not).

Plan B? Buy a goddamn bass and record ourselves. This way we don't need to deal with people's bullshit and drama and poor time management :) As for live shows, forget about playing here in Singapore. We'll just 'recruit' session members for overseas shows. Who knows, maybe I could work something out with one of you guys!

Hope to get everything done soon. This release has been delayed way too long, and has seen so many big obstacles along the way.

damn, I'd record bass for you myself if I had the means of doing such

being broke, unemployed and without a real band sucks :(

BastardHead wrote:

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
somefella wrote:

damn, I'd record bass for you myself if I had the means of doing such

being broke, unemployed and without a real band sucks :(

Hey who knows, maybe if we decide to play near your area you can always fill in on bass! This method is gonna work much better than breaking in someone totally new and having to deal with their drama.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:44 pm 

See if Kveldulfr might record bass. i didn't even think about that. He's pretty damn well versed in playing but I know with him studying and writing his thesis he might not be able to.

just uploaded this split between my two bands.
http://54rgrindcore.bandcamp.com/album/ ... f-our-dead

http://kamikazepilot.bandcamp.com/album ... f-our-dead

xpsychoblissx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:49 pm 

Just scored a spot on the upcoming black metal compilation album by Tridroid Records. We have a 7+ minute song that we recorded just for the compilation... It'll also be the first song to feature our new lead guitarist. This is some really good shit!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 185  Next