Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:27 pm 

Speaking of both Lynch and Mulholland Drive, I'm watching that for the first time tonight. I know a couple guys that are huge into him and cannot stop praising this movie, so I figured I'll give it a watch.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 pm 

What's your particular beef with Breaking the Waves, dd? I haven't seen it in a few years, but on my last viewing I remember it being pretty great. Probably not the sort of thing to take ABSOLUTELY seriously, 'cause it does have its whimsical and borderline silly touches, but overall a good film, I'd say.

Did you ever see The Idiots? That's another I've not seen in some time but recall being pretty damn good. I've got Europa on the queue, maybe I'll just move it up a bit there...

....ehhhyeaahh... just nudged it... ...ghh...unngg...

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:35 pm 

Phantasm was good but I think the series really came into it's own with the sequel, because the first film was mostly build up and the second was the action movie pay-off, where alot more was shown and the quotes were aplenty. The third went off the deep end with barely any structure and the new characters were dated and ridiculous, the last was a tired waste that I could barely watch. I don't see the classic that most claim with the first film, while it supplied the most atmosphere, it heavily dragged along (partially due to unnecessary spying scenes) resulting in the horror being lost.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:00 am 

Mulholland Drive was good. Not amazing, but good.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:59 am 

darkeningday wrote:
failsafeman wrote:
While I did like Antichrist, I have to agree that The Element of Crime was probably a better film. It was like a noir movie seen through a fever dream. Very uncomfortable and disturbing, yet totally engrossing as well; I can't think of another movie that captures the same atmosphere.

Yeah! Lynch has been trying for decades to re-capture that feel with varying degrees of success (my favorite still being Mulholland although Velvet's plot and dialog was probably quite a bit closer to TEoC), but yeah, I agree, nothing else has quite matched it. Both Element of Crime and Jeunet's Delicatessen are some of the only movies to pull off that heavy sepia tone which, while at first looking like a botched lab handling of the 35mm print, really contributes to the bizarre atmospheres both of the films showcase.

Except Lynch's films tend to be structured with normal, everyday events being punctuated by surreal events, while The Element of Crime was pervasively surreal; just about every single thing about the movie was weird and surreal as hell, all the way down to that sepia tone that makes everything look like it's been drenched in caramel. Even in the weirdest Lynch films, like Lost Highway, there's still quite a lot of normalcy. I think it's actually Eraserhead that captures that pervasive, disturbing surrealism the best of Lynch's films (not to say it's necessarily his best), though the tone is obviously quite different from that of The Element of Crime.

I think Lynch's main problem with his various later stabs at surrealism is that they lack the same unified strength of vision that made everything in Eraserhead seem to make some sort of sense, even when it wasn't clear exactly what that was (The Element of Crime benefits from a similar unified vision). Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive for example I really enjoyed, but both films left me wondering what the fuck happened and what the point was, while in Eraserhead the meaning behind each and every symbol wasn't always readily apparent, but it was certainly clear at the end exactly what had happened and why.

darkeningday wrote:
What other Von Trier films have you seen?

Antichrist and The Element of Crime are the only two I've seen, actually. I've been meaning to see more, but even though I like them, they're very difficult to get through. Not exactly something to put on after a hard day's work.

Riffs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:40 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Riffs wrote:
Layer Cake is still a favorite crime thriller of mine and everything he has done since is enjoyable.

Awful, awful film. Stardust may actually have been worse. First Class was probably one of the better entries in the X-Men series, but it was still dogshit. How people unironically enjoy his stagnant, lowest common denominator trash I'll never know.

LOL, OK so you're one of those people.

darkeningday wrote:
the consistently pervy Matthew Vaughn

You also get bonus irony points for calling Vaughn "consistently pervy" and then praising Von Trier at length.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:59 pm 

Hey guys, has any of you seen Lincoln? You know, the new one, with Daniel Day Lewis as Abe himself. I love DDL's work ever since I watched Gangs of New York, and would like to read some opinions about his latest movie.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:45 pm 

It's worth seeing. It's nothing that will blow you away, but it's an all around well made movie and I really enjoyed it. One of the more uplifting films from last year.

So I rewatched Rosemary's Baby last night and...I really get more blown away by this every time. It's gotta be one of the scariest movies ever made, and it's a testament to its quality when I say that I was heavily disturbed by it even now, on my third viewing since I first saw it years ago. Putting yourself in Rosemary's mind is just terrifying no matter who you are - the sense of crushing dread and doom is just unbeatably good. A true classic.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:49 pm 

Hail Satan!

I've had the main theme stuck in my head for months.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:11 pm 

I like it a lot, but I certainly wouldn't call it one of the scariest movies ever made. It's more weird and unsettling than scary.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:30 pm 

I guess. It really had an impact on me last night for some reason though. The whole thing just left me feeling deeply gutted and, yeah, I suppose unsettled is the word; just the pure livid fear of a mother surrounded by conspiracy and threatened with losing her child. As I get older, even if I don't have any kids yet, that just seems so much more terrifying to me.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:55 am 

As Rosemary's Baby appears on almost every "Scariest Movie Ever" list ever compiled, I don't think calling it "scary" would be even remotely inappropriate. :P
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:17 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
What's your particular beef with Breaking the Waves, dd? I haven't seen it in a few years, but on my last viewing I remember it being pretty great. Probably not the sort of thing to take ABSOLUTELY seriously, 'cause it does have its whimsical and borderline silly touches, but overall a good film, I'd say.

Did you ever see The Idiots? That's another I've not seen in some time but recall being pretty damn good. I've got Europa on the queue, maybe I'll just move it up a bit there...

....ehhhyeaahh... just nudged it... ...ghh...unngg...

Whoops, missed this. I dunno! A bit like some of my posts in this thread, I thought it was great on length but short on actual content. The entire story was pretty much locked down in the first thirty minutes and very little else surprising or interesting happened for the two remaining hours:
Spoiler: show
the "simplistic" (flat-out mentally challenged?) Watson dutifully carried out the increasingly bizarre instructions of her brain-damaged husband to the point where she was violently castigated by her conservative community members who misinterpreted her acts of agape love as the philanderous wanderings of a harlot.
Everything was much too simple: the people, their motivations, the plot... even the photography! If I want a simple film, I'll go to Redbox.

However, I thought Dancer in the Dark did much of what Breaking The Waves set out to do almost infinitely better (Bjork's protag is just as--if not more--'simplistic' as Watson's character, but there's far more that lurks beneath both her surface and the people with whom she forms relationships with). It's absolutely riveting, and the emotional wallop at the end left my shattered and morose for days. You must see it.

Speaking of things that must be seen, I still need to check out The Idiots. Thanks for the reminder!
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:25 am 

Aye, as do I. I've really been meaning to check out more Von Trier and I think I'll start with that one + that surreal noire one who's name escapes me at the moment.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:34 am 

The Element of Crime. Definitely not his easiest film but probably one of his most rewarding. Failsafeman wrote some really illuminating, spoiler-free stuff about it on the previous page. Check it out.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:15 am 

@dd: Fair enough! I have seen Dancer in the Dark, but only once, years ago, when it first came out. It's occupying a high point on my queue right now, so soon I might be able to compare the two. I'm glad you guys started talking about The Element of Crime because I would've totally overlooked it otherwise. Looking at his catalogue again made me aware of Epidemic, as well, which I don't recall reading about before for some reason. Intelestiinngg...

Speaking of films you still need to watch, put Der Freie Wille at the top of your list! You won't regret it, and more importantly the American Council of Art Fags will revoke your art fag license if I report the oversight.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm a little confused and sad to see that Ben Affleck will be starring in the next Terrence Malick film. :ugh: What the fuck?

Daysbetween
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:28 pm 

Watched an old horror film,'Terror Circus' from 1974, last night which I believe was called 'Barn of the Naked Dead' in some territories. Pretty boring and nasty film that I won't be revisiting.
2/10

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:55 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
As Rosemary's Baby appears on almost every "Scariest Movie Ever" list ever compiled, I don't think calling it "scary" would be even remotely inappropriate. :P

That's more a testament to how unscary most horror movies are than how scary Rosemary's Baby is. Don't get me wrong, it's a really good movie, but I'd say The Tenant was a lot scarier as far as Polanski's work goes. Rosemary's Baby just had more of a pervasive atmosphere of discomfort and paranoia. Like the only part I'd actually say was scary about it was the drugged Satanrape part. While I wouldn't say it's a better movie, I found The Sentinel (as an example of a similar Satanic horror movie) was way scarier and more disturbing. There are quite a few genuinely disturbing scenes - the weird lesbian neighbor masturbating to orgasm through her clothes without breaking eye contact, the woman's dead father appearing to her in the attic, and of course the parade of demons at the end. In terms of pure scariness, Rosemary's Baby didn't have anything that came close to that.

What Rosemary's Baby did have, and what set it apart from other horror movies, was how it established good characters and put them in believable (though unusual) situations, where they acted in reasonable ways. For example, the sex scene when they first move into the apartment is just perfect - without telling the audience through exposition, it establishes very effectively that they've been a couple for a long time and their marriage is good. Sex isn't some huge romantic circus anymore. It's just "wanna have sex?" "ok!" and then they matter-of-factly strip down and get to it. Anyone who's been in a long-term relationship can relate to that. It was just very very well constructed from a non-horror perspective in terms of narrative structure, character development, acting, etc., which most horror movies unfortunately aren't. Something that seems to be frequently overlooked is that Ruth Gordon actually won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the film - how many horror movies win Oscars for acting?? I really really hate to use the expression "transcends genre," but that's really what Rosemary's Baby did. It worked not only as a horror movie, but also as a drama - there are all sorts of themes of women being trapped in a patriarchy and being forced into the roles of babymakers, and the lure of power & careerism destroying Rosemary's marriage, that there's tons of stuff to chew on for pretty much anyone.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:38 pm 

Movie of the now: ATM. It is fucking weird watching a movie with not only an adult Josh Peck, but an adult Josh Peck who is considerably foul mouthed.

EDIT: That SUCKED. Everyone in this movie except the bad guy is a complete moron. They do stuff so unbelievably stupid that there is no way that anything like this could ever logically take place outside the confines of a movie. The acting's mostly good, and the bad guy is actually quite menacing, but godDAMN is this movie ruined by the idiotic characters.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:35 am 

I wonder why the new rendition of Conan the Barbarian received so much flak. It is pretty well executed though. Although it's rather pale compared to the classic but certainly not a bad work.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:25 am 

Subrick wrote:
Movie of the now: ATM. It is fucking weird watching a movie with not only an adult Josh Peck, but an adult Josh Peck who is considerably foul mouthed.

EDIT: That SUCKED. Everyone in this movie except the bad guy is a complete moron. They do stuff so unbelievably stupid that there is no way that anything like this could ever logically take place outside the confines of a movie. The acting's mostly good, and the bad guy is actually quite menacing, but godDAMN is this movie ruined by the idiotic characters.

That movie was good. Pretty enjoyable, kept the tension up, a nice atmosphere and a hilariously cool setting - an ATM box? :lol: One of the more enjoyable horror flicks of its kind, i.e. that whole 'kidnapping people in a remote location' genre, of which most of its entries are just pure crap.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 am 

doomster999 wrote:
I wonder why the new rendition of Conan the Barbarian received so much flak. It is pretty well executed though. Although it's rather pale compared to the classic but certainly not a bad work.

Uh, no. Just fucktarts no. The original has one of the best movie soundtracks of all time and there is absolutely no reason to 'remake' the fucking thing. Guys like you are the problem; stop watching remakes 'just to see if it's okay' and to compare it to the original. Fuck man, remakes aside, I'd be happy with a constant stream of Conan movies, just make them good. It's brainless to execute too, simply follow the original Robert Eggs Howard stories - Conan goes to a new place, meets a girl, she gets kidnapped, he fucks people up, rescues the girl, bangs her - simple pimples man. Throw in a few vines and racist undertones and there's ya Conan flick right there.

doomster999

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 am 

waiguoren wrote:
doomster999 wrote:

Uh, no. Just fucktarts no. The original has one of the best movie soundtracks of all time and there is absolutely no reason to 'remake' the fucking thing. Guys like you are the problem; stop watching remakes 'just to see if it's okay' and to compare it to the original. Fuck man, remakes aside, I'd be happy with a constant stream of Conan movies, just make them good. It's brainless to execute too, simply follow the original Robert Eggs Howard stories - Conan goes to a new place, meets a girl, she gets kidnapped, he fucks people up, rescues the girl, bangs her - simple pimples man. Throw in a few vines and racist undertones and there's ya Conan flick right there.

Who the fuck compared it to the original? And I didn't mention anything about soundtrack. I just stated that it's not fair the way critics have compared it to the original to bash it unanimously, it's definitely not a contest to the original but it's not a bad representation overall. And no, I'm not one of those 'comparison guys'. I don't compare bands, I don't compare anything in general. I'm completely against it. I just said it's a different interpretation and not as bad as the critics have made it out to be. And god damn it's not as simple as you're saying, "Conan goes to a new place, meets a girl, she gets kidnapped, he fucks people up, rescues the girl, bangs her - simple pimples man." The background is adapted from some topics in The Hour of the Dragon like The Mask of Acheron, but the script is not a direct rip-off from any of the Robert E. Howard novels.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 am 

Who compared it to the original? You did. You're completely against comparing anything in general? That's great. I wish temperature had no meaning for me, too - I'd be out in my mankini 24/7 then.

doomster999

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:04 am 

What I did I've explained thoroughly above. I can't help if your comprehension or rather eyesight is poor.

Last.fm

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:10 am 

CRAM, WHERE IS DA WIZARD WHO KILLED MY MADAA?

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 am 

Well bumster666, you got me there. I haven't seen the remake of Conan: The Barbarian. It's this shoddy eyesight of mine, bum rap but at least I still have two elbows. I use them to bend my arms.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:14 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7tOWoDVQLU

doomster999

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:30 am 

waiguoren wrote:
Well bumster666, you got me there. I haven't seen the remake of Conan: The Barbarian. It's this shoddy eyesight of mine, bum rap but at least I still have two elbows. I use them to bend my arms.

Pity! At least I've been sharply sarcastic but you're being openly insulting. what's the matter with you man? You can't converse in a healthy manner or what?

Last.fm

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:15 pm 

Man, Doomster, you're always on the defensive, Waiguoren's first reply wasn't even insulting. That's not the first time I see this kind of discussion with your involvement, but yeah it must everyone else, eh?

That's a comparison by the way and Waiguoren was right to say what he said:
Quote:
It is pretty well executed though. Although it's rather pale compared to the classic but certainly not a bad work.

I enjoyed the remake just because I have a mancrush on Jason Momoa :)

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

doomster999

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:51 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Man, Doomster, you're always on the defensive, Waiguoren's first reply wasn't even insulting. That's not the first time I see this kind of discussion with your involvement, but yeah it must everyone else, eh?

Yea, it must be the arguments I've got into with caspian and Ilwhyan. I understand, but "Guys like you are the problem; stop watching remakes 'just to see if it's okay' and to compare it to the original." - I found it pretty offensive particularly when I've said nothing unusual about the original film. How could he come to this kind of conclusion without having a detailed conversation? Plus, I've pointed out later that what I've said about the comparison is about how critics have bashed it by using comparisons with the original and it's not quite fair, it might be no contest for the original but it's certainly not a bad representation.

Last.fm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:04 pm 

Watched The Innkeepers last night and loved it. I don't think I had the same amount of undying enjoyment for it as I did The House of the Devil, but it's still an incredible horror flick that shows that Ti West knows exactly what he's doing and is very, very good at what he does.

Well, unless he does anthology movies. His segments in V/H/S and The ABCs of Death sucked.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:47 pm 

doomster999 wrote:
Metantoine wrote:

Yea, it must be the arguments I've got into with caspian and Ilwhyan. I understand, but "Guys like you are the problem; stop watching remakes 'just to see if it's okay' and to compare it to the original." - I found it pretty offensive particularly when I've said nothing unusual about the original film. How could he come to this kind of conclusion without having a detailed conversation? Plus, I've pointed out later that what I've said about the comparison is about how critics have bashed it by using comparisons with the original and it's not quite fair, it might be no contest for the original but it's certainly not a bad representation.

It's pretty easy to see what Waiguoren was getting at there. He was taking a stance against your "The movie was ok in itself" point, he wasn't commenting on anything you said about the original. Basically, by saying it doesn't live up to the original but is enjoyable enough in it's own right, you gave enough detail for him to make his point, since his point is entirely related to how people look at remakes in general, rather than this specific case. It could be easily summed up as "People shouldn't aim for remakes being merely competent, they should demand they be better than what they're remaking", if you removed the context of this specific movie from it. I don't really agree with his stance myself, but it's not a hard one to understand, and I can see why the comparison's the the original are fair.

As other people have said in here in the past, people should remake bad movies that messed up good ideas, not the ones that got it right.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Watched The Innkeepers last night and loved it. I don't think I had the same amount of undying enjoyment for it as I did The House of the Devil, but it's still an incredible horror flick that shows that Ti West knows exactly what he's doing and is very, very good at what he does.

Well, unless he does anthology movies. His segments in V/H/S and The ABCs of Death sucked.

It was a joke. If it were selling itself as a romantic comedy, that's fine, it did good at that, but the horror elements were really weakly crammed in at the end and, as an added insult, made almost no sense. It was like somebody was writing an indie romance flick and then had a schizophrenic attack and then wrote a horror movie ending. Totally weak...and the V/H/S segment was easily his best work yet I think.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:03 pm 

Slumber Party Massacre: so yes, this exists. It's like somebody wrote a parody of slasher flicks, but halfway through, had a stroke or something and forgot that it was kidding so it decided to play it straight. Really bizarre shit happens in this movie, every character is mentally retarded, the killer is the most uninteresting and straightforward dude ever, the kills frequenly cut away, then it just sort of ends. And I loved it.

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 pm 

doomster999 wrote:
Who the fuck compared it to the original? And I didn't mention anything about soundtrack. I just stated that it's not fair the way critics have compared it to the original to bash it unanimously.

Are these the same critics who nearly unanimously bashed the *original*?

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:52 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Slumber Party Massacre: so yes, this exists. It's like somebody wrote a parody of slasher flicks, but halfway through, had a stroke or something and forgot that it was kidding so it decided to play it straight. Really bizarre shit happens in this movie, every character is mentally retarded, the killer is the most uninteresting and straightforward dude ever, the kills frequenly cut away, then it just sort of ends. And I loved it.

Well yeah, it was 1982, and everyone and their brother was trying to film some junky thing and put it on a VHS tape to try to cash in.

It was an interesting time for movie making. Most of the stuff put out back then is hilarious. But it was fun anyway.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:59 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
It was a joke. If it were selling itself as a romantic comedy, that's fine, it did good at that, but the horror elements were really weakly crammed in at the end and, as an added insult, made almost no sense. It was like somebody was writing an indie romance flick and then had a schizophrenic attack and then wrote a horror movie ending. Totally weak...and the V/H/S segment was easily his best work yet I think.

Dude, the basement scene. How they never actually show the ghost behind Luke, preferring instead to show his and Claire's faces, he in absolute terror and she in complete disbelief that she's seeing Madeline O'Malley. That scene is terrifying.

Also, what in the ending didn't make sense to you?
If it was Claire dying, they show that she dropped her inhaler when she fell down the stairs and she had an asthma attack when Madeline's ghost came near her. As for the old man, I just assumed he was a ghost too since he disappeared behind Claire when she was getting sheets without him actually moving, plus it fit the "three spirits" thing Leanne mentioned earlier, the first two being Madeline and the old man, and the third being Claire since she dies in the hotel too.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:19 pm 

The Sentinel: This is the kind of movie that takes the build up for a long time and give hints of terror before going full throttle towards the end. It had it's share of pretty unsettling moments and is overall an effective film. I like the premise, the acting was decent, and very young Jeff Goldblum has his voice dubbed, while very young Christopher Walken does nothing. I felt the cop investigation side plot was only there to provide exposition, and didn't even tie in to the story or conclude in a satisfactory manner, but I liked the husband character even despite the fact that he was a piece of shit and you end up learning some unsavory things about him.
I didn't really like the soundtrack very much, but the locations looked gorgeous and the film had quite good pacing. I expected a lot more from
the fucking GATES OF HELL leaking
but that's probably because I'm a spoiled horror hound.

doomster999

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:10 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
As other people have said in here in the past, people should remake bad movies that messed up good ideas, not the ones that got it right.

Well, I can't agree with that since I've enjoyed both the first movie of the Spider-Man trilogy and the first one of the rebooted Amazing Spiderman series. Actually I liked the later more as the new series is focusing more on the original comic strip. As long as a particular filmmaker can gather prolific ideas for a remake I'll encourage it.

Edit: P.S. - Certainly won't encourage something like the remake of The Omen.

Last.fm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395 ... 818  Next