Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 am 

Sometimes fear mongering is perfectly appropriate.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Menternor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:04 am 

I'm pretty sure it's also a reason why a lot of people turn gay.

In other news, my city just spent a shitload of money in order to run an election to kick the mayor out (vote either "yes" or "not")...it lost...now those whiners who set it up all in the first place better not start another millions-costing fuckery

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:24 am 

:tinfoil:

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 am 

inhumanist wrote:
Sometimes fear mongering is perfectly appropriate

:roll:

In other News - new data research/statistics building
being constructed, going to be the worlds largest by far :)

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 am 

Menternor wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's also a reason why a lot of people turn gay.

You would think with the Baptist assholes own fear mongering around that it would keep people straight.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:32 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
@EOH: That's defeatism. One can at least try to raise awareness. The thing is that the more information corporations and the government gather about the population, the harder it becomes to offer resistance "when" they go too far. Information is the most effective weapon and the key to complete control.
I think he is being pragmatic. The most effective weapon is and has always been money. The people have very little to do with any big decision changes. So attempting to change how all of these corporations work around our modern culture isn't really feasible, unless we do something drastically extreme. Which likely would be just as bad an extreme as your silly "complete control" scenario.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Sometimes fear mongering is perfectly appropriate.

Let's change that to "making people aware of the situation is always appropriate"

Menternor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:52 pm 

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for science...specially when it concerns biology.

I'm pretty sure a lot of you would have preferred to not be aware that your alien-egg infested eyelashes look like this.

Spoiler: show

Hey, this conversation was getting pretty moody, someone needed to post something gross or sexy to make everybody forget about it temporaly, and I like to be an asshole who posts disturbing stuff to bother people on a lot of forums, but so far, I think I'm pretty well behaved :)

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:58 pm 

GAAAAAAAAAH! Why would you post that?! My EYES!
Hehe, foreskins.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 pm 

It said "image" when I opened it so thankfully I'll just refer to Crick's reaction and never see it.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:15 pm 

It's not that bad. I for one welcome our future alien overlords. But seriously, it's not that bad.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:31 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
It said "image" when I opened it so thankfully I'll just refer to Crick's reaction and never see it.

It's the bottom of a yellow wicker palm tree with some red dinosaur eggs in a hole in the cracked desert earth.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:32 pm 

Yeah not so bad but I would've preferred something sexy...

Azmodes wrote:

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:35 pm 

Oh ok now the image loaded properly.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 pm 

Triolin. I'll just leave this here.
http://blog.makezine.com/2013/03/17/the ... e-players/

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Yeah not so bad but I would've preferred something sexy...

I guess you could call it a penis if you look at it a certain way.
:oh shit:

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:19 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

It's the bottom of a yellow wicker palm tree with some red dinosaur eggs in a hole in the cracked desert earth.

Those actually seemed a bit like mangoes to me, extremely weird kind of mangoes. :lol:
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:39 pm 

So apparently my old Yahoo email was compromised by someone in Pennsylvania. Kinda scary since it's been a long time since I used it.
There's so much spam. :(

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm 

TheMysticWombat wrote:
So apparently my old Yahoo email was compromised by someone in Pennsylvania. Kinda scary since it's been a long time since I used it.

Oh, uhh...that was yours?

Awwwwwkwaaaarrrd~

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
TheMysticWombat wrote:

Oh, uhh...that was yours?

Awwwwwkwaaaarrrd~

I KEEL YOU :fuck:
But in that case I have your IP address. Now I just need to learn what to do with it. :(

Anyone going to the Death To All Tour? I want to make friends. :-D

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 pm 

That 'triolin'...why??

Menternor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:12 pm 

I'm willing to bet it was inspired by this...too bad that while violins may sound awesome, playing a violing will always look decidedly less awesome.

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:35 pm 

TheMysticWombat wrote:

Apparently they are not coming here to my state, so that sucks. :(

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:36 pm 

TheMysticWombat wrote:

I'm going to the one in Massachusetts.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:57 pm 

@ Wilytank: :lol: not exactly what I had in mind though. And I'm going to Death to All but here in Chicago so if you wanna come here I'll be your friend Wombat.

Azmodes wrote:

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 pm 

Slag wrote:
So attempting to change how all of these corporations work around our modern culture isn't really feasible, unless we do something drastically extreme. Which likely would be just as bad an extreme as your silly "complete control" scenario.

Yeah, fighting back is stupid because it might be futile or could have bad consequences. We should rather be "pragmatic" and accept the world how it is and develops because it's probably not gonna be so bad, after all we are good consumerists with comfortable lives and the omnibenevolent market will surely sort it all out!
eat a bag of :finger:

Menternor wrote:
I'm pretty sure a lot of you would have preferred to not be aware that your alien-egg infested eyelashes look like this.

I already knew. Just see them as cute little pets!

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:52 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Slag wrote:
So attempting to change how all of these corporations work around our modern culture isn't really feasible, unless we do something drastically extreme. Which likely would be just as bad an extreme as your silly "complete control" scenario.

Yeah, fighting back is stupid because it might be futile or could have bad consequences. We should rather be "pragmatic" and accept the world how it is and develops because it's probably not gonna be so bad, after all we are good consumerists with comfortable lives and the omnibenevolent market will surely sort it all out!

I just learned about the Dictatorship of the Proletariat in Marx's Dialectic. Is that more or less the debate here?

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:00 am 

Posting from a new phone... finally! It's going to take some time to get used to this keyboard, though. Going from that crappy HTC Aria to a Motorola Astrix HD. It's worth it if for no other reasons than getting to finally view the main site properly while mobile and to have much more of my music available to me wherever I go.

And, of course, that the damn touch screen now actually works the way it should. I am a happy Ribos.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:05 am 

inhumanist wrote:
Slag wrote:

lol That was rude. Instead of hating me, why can't you pity me for my apathetic life style? I don't see how public awareness is fighting, though. Sure take things one step at a time, but I don't think there are many more, if any more, steps to take after that. Not any ones of real worth, at least. The government and these corporations are essentially manifestations of pure selfishness. So in order for them to change, something would have to make it in it's best interest to do so. Of course, all changes have positives and negatives. So not everyone will be happy. In fact there will and have always been people like you, powerless and angry throughout their whole lives. Being pragmatic in these situations isn't the equivalent of bending over and taking it from behind, but rather accepting society for what it is and working with it. I don't mean conforming, per say, but rather focusing on what is more relevant.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:15 am 

iAm wrote:
I met an admin from What.CD the other day at a party. Which is pretty awesome because each time I've taken their entrance exam my internet shut down. Viva la piracy!

Kinda cool to know there's another Whatter here! If you have an account already, you should visit the metalheads thread :D

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 am 

I work for the government so I can bulldoze the houses of hippies and inject people like inhumanist with mind-controlling nanobots.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:17 am 

All hail the nanobots!

My collection

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:26 am 

Headed up to Pitsburg today, should be fun I haven't been there in a long time, any of you PA people know of anything fun to do there?

Azmodes wrote:

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 am 

Slag wrote:
lol That was rude. Instead of hating me, why can't you pity me for my apathetic life style? I don't see how public awareness is fighting, though. Sure take things one step at a time, but I don't think there are many more, if any more, steps to take after that. Not any ones of real worth, at least. The government and these corporations are essentially manifestations of pure selfishness. So in order for them to change, something would have to make it in it's best interest to do so. Of course, all changes have positives and negatives. So not everyone will be happy. In fact there will and have always been people like you, powerless and angry throughout their whole lives. Being pragmatic in these situations isn't the equivalent of bending over and taking it from behind, but rather accepting society for what it is and working with it. I don't mean conforming, per say, but rather focusing on what is more relevant.

I don't hate you, defeatism just pisses me off. Basically you are aware of the world going to shit but rather than looking for a way to do something about it you are only bracing yourself for the impact. That attitude makes the prediction self-fulfilling.

Bezerko wrote:
I work for the government so I can bulldoze the houses of hippies and inject people like inhumanist with mind-controlling nanobots.

Haha, what a good joke! But seriously, mind controlling nanobots don't actually exist, droneB0385! Remember that.

Last edited by inhumanist on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:21 am 

My random drunk post for the night (coz bourbon is nice).

People here I'd like to have a beer with (assuming they drink beer):

Earthcubed (to be schooled on heavier beers)
MacMoney (see above, and metal)
Morrigan (just because)
Napero (often funny bastard)
caspian
Bezerko
OzzyApu (again, just because, and one of the oldest names I know here)
Metantoine
Necro
Veracs (that's right0
Forestcorpse
LegendMaker
dreadmeat
bloodycumshit
the Frog
Under_Starmere
Empyreal
failsafeman (fellow ranga)
iAm

If you didn't make the list I've either already met you, or you haven't made an impression.... Yet.

(edited to add someone I forgot :oh shit: )

My collection

Last edited by CrushedRevelation on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:31 am 

Sounds like a who's who of MA people. I'd do it. Beer is great.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:36 am 

Yor're not Cali base though eh emp? My missus has family there (older brother), but the States is on the cards for us travel-wise in the future...

My collection

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 am 

hey hey, I can school you on heavier beers too! :)

Introduced my wife to Nadja today, she seemed to quite enjoy it, onto a keeper 8) :beer:

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:38 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Yor're not Cali base though eh emp? My missus has family there (older brother), but the States is on the cards for us travel-wise in the future...

Nope, the exact opposite. I'm a Floridian.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 am 

This will be an expensive visit...

My collection

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 518  Next