Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Defiledslut
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:42 am 

Hello,
Twice APSE has been rejected in being put up. I was told that "you need samples, dude." But for ALL my other projects, I never had to supply a sample. I sent a link to where you can purchase my album via Tour De Garde (www.t-d-g.net/). I have no digital files for ASPE. It is completely analog. The rejection noticed also questioned whether or not the project was actually a metal project. I clearly marked it with a black metal tag, so I think that answers that. I've never run into so much difficulty listing one of my projects/bands. I have sent all the correct and true info. I would appreciate any help on enlisting this APSE project in the encyclopedia.

All the best,
-E

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 am 

Defiledslut wrote:
Hello,
Twice APSE has been rejected in being put up. I was told that "you need samples, dude." But for ALL my other projects, I never had to supply a sample. I sent a link to where you can purchase my album via Tour De Garde (http://www.t-d-g.net/). I have no digital files for ASPE. It is completely analog. The rejection noticed also questioned whether or not the project was actually a metal project. I clearly marked it with a black metal tag, so I think that answers that. I've never run into so much difficulty listing one of my projects/bands. I have sent all the correct and true info. I would appreciate any help on enlisting this APSE project in the encyclopedia.

All the best,
-E

You labelled it as "Dungeon, Electronic, Black Metal" which is "suspicious" inasmuch as there are many ambient/"dungeon synth"/etc... bands who get tagged as black metal while they are often not metal at all. Note that the label also describes Apse as "Sinister Ambient Dungeon music for dark souls." Regardless, listening to samples is standard procedure. I don't know why you didn't have to provide samples before, perhaps the moderator had other info available like reviews or such or just decided to give you the benefit of the doubt (EDIT: or, as Al below noted, he found samples on his or her own). Still, it's not how we usually do things. So yes, I'm afraid we will need some actual music to listen to or as I said at least a third-party description of the music like a review.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:53 am 

@Muhammadabbadabba: Just FYI, that band is blacklisted for being "NS Deathcore". Now there's a constellation of words I was hoping I'd never see... :ugh:

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:54 am 

Defiledslut wrote:
But for ALL my other projects, I never had to supply a sample.

What other projects? And no, that's impossible, sorry. If you weren't asked to provide a sample, it would've been because whatever moderator was evaluating your submission had to go and search for song samples themselves because the submitter could neither be fucked reading our rules properly, or filling out the required evidence. :rolleyes:

Defiledslut wrote:
I clearly marked it with a black metal tag, so I think that answers that.

Yeah, actually, the exact genre was marked "Dungeon, Electronic, Black Metal". We've had countless users try submitting "dungeon synth" projects to the site... all of whom were presumably mislead by the side-project rule (where non-metal projects of FAMOUS metal musicians can be accepted, under certain criteria... as well as a few other unique exceptions). But yeah, sorry, even if you'd marked the project as simply "black metal", we'd still need samples. We don't take a user's word blindly. :p

Quote:
I've never run into so much difficulty listing one of my projects/bands.

... again, what other projects or bands? o0; You haven't even submitted any yet...

EDIT: Azmodes beat me to it. Ah well. You can read the same thing from two moderators then. :p

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:11 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Quote:
I've never run into so much difficulty listing one of my projects/bands.

... again, what other projects or bands? o0; You haven't even submitted any yet...

Unless he has an another account who got banned, maybe? ;) Either that or he's a liar. So yeah, not gonna take his word that this "dungeon electronic black metal" is acceptable...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 am 

Azmodes wrote:
@Muhammadabbadabba: Just FYI, that band is blacklisted for being "NS Deathcore". Now there's a constellation of words I was hoping I'd never see... :ugh:
I take it they were considered too core, correct?

BigBadBard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 am 

Hello,

I've been surprised to learn that my band Razumikhin (Fra) has been blacklisted. I am not aware of submitting it myself (as I waited for the proveable releases to come out, but nowadays I have sufficient 'proofs of existence'), so first of all, I would like to know: On which grounds has it been blacklisted? 'No releases' or 'not metal enough'? Whichever is the case, I am ready to bring you evidence disproving this claim.

By the way, being blacklisted would normally suggest repeated, annoying / troll-like / not solid enough submission efforts, wouldn't it? In the case of a single flawed submission, I would expect a simple rejection, am I right? If this is the case as to the difference between rejection and blacklist, I am even more inquired.

Attachements:

(I was meaning to send you pictures of a physical copy of the full-length album, unfortunately I ran into some phone-laptop connectivity issue so I'll add them as soon as I get this working.)

This particular track should, in my point of view, seem 'metal enough'. So could this one or the one in the video below.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 am 

BigBadBard - It's not metal. Sounds sort of like martial music mixed with alternative rock. Notes on it say "combining the influences of black metal, alternative rock, neofolk and classical music". That came from Morrigan so that word is pretty much final unless there's a new release that is quite different and fully metal.

BigBadBard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:50 am 

Allright. The 'notes on it' were written by myself in an attempt to avoid butthurt "true black metallers'" reaction and don't have much relevance because I'm positively unable to label my own production, but hey. If the next release is full-on black metal, I'll retry, if not, I'll reconsider my previous idea of launching "unclassable music archives" (just kidding).

I'm still curious about the difference between rejected and blacklisted, though.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 am 

Rejected means the band hasn't been accepted for listing on the site, but may or may not be accepted in the future if the submission is corrected (by adding the proper evidence of existence or samples, for instance, or sometimes simply waiting for the date the band's debut album is officially released). Basically, we return the band to your draft so you can apply corrections and resubmit.

If the band isn't metal, then no correction will "fix" the submission, so it's blacklisted to prevent resubmissions. It's also possible that a band gets blacklisted even if it's metal, like when idiot users just resubmit the same thing over and over again without the required information.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

BigBadBard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:01 pm 

OK. The names can be confusing. I was thinking about rejected as 'not metal enough/not "existing" enough' and blacklisted as a sort of 'excomunicated, whoever will speak about this band in the future will be smite upon with fire&thunder'. Now I got it. Good day to you guys.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm 

Wait a minute... He submitted a djent band and got upset that it wasn't admitted? Allow me to laugh!

HAW-HAH!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:56 pm 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
I take it they were considered too core, correct?

That's the implication, yeah. I'm just quoting da list, didn't listen myself yet.

Prominence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:27 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
Prominence wrote:
Of course you have 100k+ daily users, I'm assuming THAT'S WHY YOU ACCEPTED TRIVIUM lol. It's kinda pathetic, and don't try to deny that Trivium and all the other shit mallcore is in the archives to increase website traffic. MA has become everything I was ashamed of as a fan of metal. Enjoy the inclusive elitist circle-jerk guys.

Whoa, you're late, man. Trivium is sooo 2005. Nobody cares about them anymore. Nah, we have to keep hopping on every new trend if we want to keep our traffic! Today, the kids are all after the hot modern sound of... *looks at the top visited bands* um, Darkthrone, Burzum, and Iron Maiden! You can understand why we compromise our integrity by keeping that trendy shit on the site. Sorry about your super underground djent, that just doesn't interest the kids today.

If you cared enough to read what I actually posted before labelling me a djent fan you'd see I fucking hate djent and it's completely irrelevant to my original argument. I don't really see what relevance the 2005 fad of hating trivium has to this either, if anything you're just further supporting my argument. It seems those who grew up with metal in the 70s and 80s have a difficult time identifying the genre without vocals.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:52 pm 

I thought you were leaving us elitist inclusive poseurs forever?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:24 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I'll check later but what's up with all your white power submissions and interrogations? Kind of weird!
Niche scenes fascinate me (hence my other fascination with '80s Jesus Metal :P), and RAC is no exception.

Moreover, the term RAC seems defined more by political stances taken by bands than musical style. It reminds me when bands like Amebix, Axegrinder, Hellbastard and Sacrilege share the label "Crust Punk" (which Scruff himself seems less than keen on) with Aus-Rotten, Tragedy, Anti-Cimex, Dropdead, et cetera. While applicable to the scores of far-right Oi! bands from the '80s, RAC applies less to bands like Bound for Glory, Frakass, Fortress and Buldok which abandoned Oi! (much to the chagrin of one noisome purist) than to Ovaltinees, Razors Edge and Max Resist, all of which played Oi! well until their disbandment.

Last edited by Muhammadabbadabba on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joergen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:24 am 

Hello,

here are more information regarding the rejected german Black Metal Band GYMIR, so hopefully the Band can get their entry now.

Their MySpace-Site with music:
http://www.myspace.com/gymirmetal

The Song "Gedanke & Erinnerung" on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vy59nyM9lc

They also appeared on the second 'Sauftropolis'-Compilation by DarkBound (in 2008, i have no pic at hand, but I made the 100 pieces myself) and on the G.U.C.-Compilation Nr.28 in 2012:
http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/548695

Regarding the Demo-CD, it has been recorded 4 years ago and due to several circumstances was delayed until now. Here's the flyer for their upcoming cd-release-party:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3900_n.jpg

I hope that helps. In short, GYMIR have "physically appeared" since at least 5 years.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:37 am 

Joergen wrote:
Hello,

here are more information regarding the rejected german Black Metal Band GYMIR, so hopefully the Band can get their entry now.

Their MySpace-Site with music:
http://www.myspace.com/gymirmetal

The Song "Gedanke & Erinnerung" on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vy59nyM9lc

They also appeared on the second 'Sauftropolis'-Compilation by DarkBound (in 2008, i have no pic at hand, but I made the 100 pieces myself) and on the G.U.C.-Compilation Nr.28 in 2012:
http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/548695

Regarding the Demo-CD, it has been recorded 4 years ago and due to several circumstances was delayed until now. Here's the flyer for their upcoming cd-release-party:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 3900_n.jpg

I hope that helps. In short, GYMIR have "physically appeared" since at least 5 years.

Nobody doubts their physical existence, but it seems the band has only been featured on two V/A compilations and has no valid releases as defined by this site up until now. Please wait until the demo-CD is out, i.e. April 20th, before you resubmit.

Joergen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 am 

Ok.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
dantes wrote:
It seems that the naturalistic Black Metal band Botanist has been deleted. Any info about that ?

According to the deletion notes: "No guitars, no metal riffs, just BM shrieks over "experimental" nonsense".

Completely disagree with this one. The drumming, vocals, atmosphere, aesthetic and the way he uses the dulcimer is completely metal. Earlier works have frenzied playing which sounds akin to tremolo guitar riffing, on the 3rd album it sounds like doom metal and on the fourth LP, he's using distortion on the Dulicmer and makes it sound more black metal than ever.

I think this is a real oversight.

This is a metal song, who cares if it's a guitar or if it's a dulcimer.
http://verdant-realm-botanist.bandcamp. ... ndragora-i

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:
Completely disagree with this one.

Funny that you mention it... I still agree completely with the mods that erased and blacklisted it. I also fail to see how that Guitar Pro midi track can be considered metal...
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:31 pm 

Botanist were deleted after a consensus of many mods (including Morri, Derigin and myself). Their new album wasn't out yet when we did, but this song is really not convincing, the vox are black metal but the music is not.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 pm 

FleshMonolith wrote:
This is a metal song, who cares if it's a guitar or if it's a dulcimer.
http://verdant-realm-botanist.bandcamp. ... ndragora-i

The (string) instrument used isn't really the issue. The lack of metal riffs, however, is. I agree with the other mods regarding this new song.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am 

Yeah, ditto.

TheMetalWiseman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm 

Hey.

I just wanted to know why the band Zozobra from the US was blacklisted.

I consider that band sludge metal/post-metal... Maybe you blacklisted it because of the post-metal tag, but I want to know the reason why it is blacklisted.

Here's a sample if you want to give them a listen:

Thank you. Cheers.

Streborg
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:53 pm 

OiO

Last edited by Streborg on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:57 pm 

Streborg wrote:
Basarabian Hills great Atmospheric Black Metal From Moldova,,,i can't add it? can you unblock it?
http://www.facebook.com/basarabianhills
https://www.youtube.com/user/BasarabianHills/videos
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater

Get over it already. We're not going to unblacklist your band. It's 100% ambient. NOT METAL

If you continue this and try to get the mods to approve your stuff by using sock puppets you'll get banned. Last warning.

Streborg
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:24 pm 

what a piece of shit site ,suck and listen your dirty grindcore and brutal death metal

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:31 pm 

Funny, those genres you mentioned are not ambient. You could learn a thing or two from them.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

WeezLe Lad
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 pm 

I can take a photo of physical evidence for our demo, but I noticed you said that a blank looking CD with sharpie on it does not count. My band doesn't have the money to be buying and making professional looking CDs, as this goes for tons of other bands I know personally and have seen live. How can you rule out this type of physical evidence of a release? Thanks.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:58 pm 

WeezLe Lad wrote:
I can take a photo of physical evidence for our demo, but I noticed you said that a blank looking CD with sharpie on it does not count. My band doesn't have the money to be buying and making professional looking CDs, as this goes for tons of other bands I know personally and have seen live. How can you rule out this type of physical evidence of a release? Thanks.

Well, I know of broke bands that at least care to make actual covers. Which band are you talking about, anyway?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 pm 

WeezLe Lad wrote:

It all depends, but such things make for poor proof if there's only 2-3 CDs in the picture as this can be easily manufactured for the sole purpose of weaseling the band's way into the Archives. It would help if you could photograph as much copies at once as possible, together with the packaging and -if applicable- booklets. How many copies did you guys make? How are they distributed? Any mention of this release anywhere online?

Honestly though, as I said in my rejection message, with a 6-minutes-long, bare-bones, coverless(?) CD-R demo it's probably best to wait for this EP of yours announced for early 2013 before resubmitting. It would make things more... definitive.

EDIT: OpsiusCato: This one.

WeezLe Lad
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:29 pm 

Well we've talked about distributing them on our facebook page (I can link the statuses if you want me to) and we've given almost all of the 120 copies we made away. I can post a photo of the about 12 we have left. I really don't understand the rejection of an ACTIVE "metal" band with proof of a demo and digital downloads/mp3s, solely because we didn't spend the extra money to get a legitimate insert. We're a broke death metal band and we try to save money where we can.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:12 am 

WeezLe, I found this status dating back to February 15th. Please resubmit your band. ;)

WeezLe Lad
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:40 pm 

Man, you guys really do your research... Thanks!

Amoebic_D
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:29 pm 

Nekromanteion (Black/Death from Bolivia) is on the blacklist and I was wondering if I could add them.

Their "Spirit of Darkness" demo was released on cassette this past January and I own a copy of it which I received from Hells Headbangers: http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item.asp?PID=23227.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:38 pm 

Sure.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Izedis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:33 am 

Hey, a few months back I submitted a band called Gnashing of Teeth (USA). It was rejected for good reason (back then) since there were only official digital releases out and no physical. It has since been black listed, but I want to add it again since there are physical releases available worldwide now. I see now that digital releases that are out on an official label are now accepted as well.

Let me make a big note here: This Gnashing of Teeth is not the christian metalcore band from Ohio... This one is Raw Black Metal from California. Here are some links for further reference...

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GnashingOfTeethOfficial

Reverbnation: http://www.reverbnation.com/gnashingofteethabattoir

I released most of their material so far and would like to get them on the Archives. Thanks.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:47 am 

Yeah, I see there's another band of that name... so I've unblacklisted the name temporarily. You can resubmit.

Izedis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:52 am 

Alhadis wrote:
Yeah, I see there's another band of that name... so I've unblacklisted the name temporarily. You can resubmit.

Thanks! I'm going to add it now.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 ... 541  Next