Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:44 pm 

I read some aloud with the teachers in the teachers' lounge, some of them couldn't believe that the Stockman slogan was real hahaha!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm 

*looks up because I don't know who he is*
*reads quote*

Who is this guy?

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:16 pm 

Obligatory pimping of new Gargoyle album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DetRT-VAEac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_V-U4AxjE

And Im done. Back to what everyone was doing.
Hehe, foreskins.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 am 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:
Rolling Rock is bad.

Shit you crazy. I love Rolling Rock, it's actually one of my favorite beers.

Gotta back Zodijackyl on this one. Rolling Rock takes like cheese curds. Not something i want in liauid form.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 am 

Crick wrote:
Obligatory pimping of new Gargoyle album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DetRT-VAEac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_V-U4AxjE

And Im done. Back to what everyone was doing.

Yume Kajitsu sounds really good. Thanks for uploading it, Crick.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:46 am 

So is it as SHIT SHIT SHIT as you were worried?

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I read some aloud with the teachers in the teachers' lounge, some of them couldn't believe that the Stockman slogan was real hahaha!

The level of stupidity on some of (read: all) those tweets is baffling. The one's about Pearl Harbor are my favorite.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:12 am 

Even more mindblowing: it's a socially- and politically-oriented tumblr page that (so far into my reading) hasn't devolved into unhinged tirades about otherkin persecution full of "DIE CIS SCUM!" and "CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!"

It's like finding the fabled Lost City of Gold.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:24 am 

Indeed a rarity. I found myself in an accidental argument with one of those upstanding young lady-gents the other day. They were talking about "fat activism" (which I understand is rallying against the image culture of modernity, fine, fine - but it also completely ignores the giant grey area between 'normal' people, 'in shape' people and 'move star shape' people) but I commented that the whole philosophy of it was absolutely retarded and the last thing this fat-fucking country need.

I was immediately called a "bro-volutionary" and that I got my leftist philosophy from Tyler Durden, and that I was going around beating up fags and chugging beers and being a frat-guy who happens to dabble in radical politics (oh yes, you're so much better posting inane shit on your tumblr/facebook! look at you, you cute little revolutionary!) who's somehow super intolerant of gays/transgenders/whatever....

I have no idea how it got to that point.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:40 am 

Ugh. Fat is disgusting. I can understand being over-weight due to a genetic deformity, but if your fat because your a lazy sod you have no fucking excuse.

edit: Granted I"m not in tip-top shape myself but I'm not a land whale by any means.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 am 

iAm wrote:
Ugh. Fat is disgusting. I can understand being over-weight due to a genetic deformity, but if your fat because your a lazy sod you have no fucking excuse.

edit: Granted I"m not in tip-top shape myself but I'm not a land whale by any means.

George Carlin wrote:
And if you stand there and you look at one of them, you begin to wonder: How does this woman take a shit?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 am 

Most of the time it's a matter of taking care of yourself. Not everyone's going to be in perfect shape or even that skinny/slim, but it's about hygiene and just making an effort to not look like a gross piece of shit.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:59 am 

Wilytank wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
And if you stand there and you look at one of them, you begin to wonder: How does this woman take a shit?

:lol:

George Carlin got the point across pretty well.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:36 am 

Or, more importantly, how does this woman wipe afterwards. Like, literally, HOW?!

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:51 am 

The WBC facebook page now lists Captain Crunch and Marilyn Manson as church leaders. Thank you anonymous, you've made my week.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 am 

lord_ghengis wrote:
So is it as SHIT SHIT SHIT as you were worried?

SHIT SHIT SHIT, despite having a hilariously silly title, is actually a fucking awesome song off that album. It'd rule live. I do feel however that the album could benefit from a few more riffs, and (at least some of) the solos could be much more on point. There are definitely some quality songs to be had on here though, and it's good to see them trying some new things (even if Im not entirely sure they still sound like themselves at times trying out said new sounds).

EDIT: I have no idea what Im talking about, this album is so full of juicy riffs and solos. I'm retarded.
Hehe, foreskins.

Last edited by Crick on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
I was immediately called a "bro-volutionary" ...

I have no idea how it got to that point.

pff . The term "Batshit" comes to mind..

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Or, more importantly, how does this woman wipe afterwards. Like, literally, HOW?!

Rag on a stick? Maybe she gets in the shower and used the detachable shower head. I dunno. There are options.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:16 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:

Rag on a stick? Maybe she gets in the shower and used the detachable shower head. I dunno. There are options.

Assuming dontlivefastjustdie isn't also quoting from that performance, that's actually his next comment. "She must require assistance!" ;)

Full bit if interested

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:17 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:

:ugh:

I just threw up in my mouth. Thanks for that image.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:40 pm 

You're in the same time zone as me. We're on MA early. .. uh oh.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:00 pm 

We as a culture should really bully and ridicule obese people more. The current level is clearly not enough, as they keep getting fatter and fatter despite our efforts to make them miserable. How dare they live unhealthy in a visible and unaesthetic way! Plus they give 'Murica a bad rep. Round 'em up I say! Only that way we'll get rid of them. And afterwards we'll celebrate our victory over obesity with a feast of true American processed, fat and sugar based, physically addictive food as is advertised and glorified everywhere.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:10 pm 

It's despicable that my nutrition professor is obese. NUTRITION FOR FUCKS SAKE! I mean, how the fuck did she even get that job. I've taken everything she has said tongue in cheek whether it be factual evidence or not based solely on the fact that she is an over-weight nutrition professor.

That's how low the American education system has sunk.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:14 pm 

Quote:
It's despicable that my nutrition professor is obese. NUTRITION FOR FUCKS SAKE! I mean, how the fuck did she even get that job. I've taken everything she has said tongue in cheek whether it be factual evidence or not based solely on the fact that she is an over-weight nutrition professor.

We had a cookery/etc. teacher in high-school who was practically spherical - they put her classroom on the fourth-floor, with no elevator, so I guess they were trying to help her get some exercise though.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 pm 

I hear ya, iAm. Maybe you should ask her. Could be that she's made of corn. .. have you watched King Corn? It's a good documentary and pretty gross.

When my friend came over to 'murca for the first time, we were at a light and a morbidly obese woman was struggling across a really long crosswalk, never going to make it before the light changed, so we had to wait for her. He watched her the whole way across with visible shock and confusion. He managed to sputter something about "How did she get that way? I've never seen a person that fat. She can barely walk! We don't have anyone that fat in France. No way."

Just to put this out there, I don't have any problem with extremely fat people. It just looks like it's really fucking uncomfortable and annoying. Even painful at times.

edit: there's a big difference between the overweight and the morbidly obese. I have a few heavy friends and they're really quite happy. One of them was putting himself through the wringer to lose weight, and he eventually said fuck it, "I want to be fat, faggy, and fabulous" and it's pretty difficult to argue with that. Also, there's the whole Bear culture around here, and I've never met a bear I didn't like. And the whole plus sizes model thing is a total win for me, since I'm a fan of the flesh, but when it's so bad you have to waddle and struggle to move? something's fucking wrong and you better fix that shit or you're gonna have a heart attack.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:38 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

I was immediately called a "bro-volutionary" and that I got my leftist philosophy from Tyler Durden, and that I was going around beating up fags and chugging beers and being a frat-guy who happens to dabble in radical politics.

This is great. The next time someone asks me what is my political affiliation, I'm going to use those same terms.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 pm 

shut up inhumanist. no one is promoting bullying or whatever (well I'm not) - just exercise some goddamn willpower in something in your life.

I'm a drunk - like an actual drink everyday drunk. this is a terrible habit and people are right to criticize me for it - I'm not going to rush towards the singularity of modernism by claiming smokers' and drinkers' activism. I have no problem with people fighting against the modern body image or whatever - honestly, I could care less about a lot of shit - but I just hate the fact that it's becomes this oddly militant thing across the internet attacking a very specific demographic of people pushing images.

that being said:

new Sunderland is finally out, Bondage of the Will - it's easily my most classic style drone, I would really recommend you listen to both songs back to back.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:59 pm 

Saw the Dropkick Murphys last night. Solid as usual.
The opener was REALLY awesome though; a lot better than I expected them to be. Hell, the lead guitarist gets props alone for wearing a Zeke shirt.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
The opener was REALLY awesome though; a lot better than I expected them to be. Hell, the lead guitarist gets props alone for wearing a Zeke shirt.

Going to one-up you, I saw Liege Lord play their first show in nearly 25 years last night.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:59 pm 

Watching Justice League Unlimited. Green Lantern sees Hawkgirl in a dress, loudly exclaims "Judas Priest!" Made me laugh quite a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak533nC6tb8 @0:09

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:19 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
We as a culture should really bully and ridicule obese people more. The current level is clearly not enough, as they keep getting fatter and fatter despite our efforts to make them miserable. How dare they live unhealthy in a visible and unaesthetic way! Plus they give 'Murica a bad rep. Round 'em up I say! Only that way we'll get rid of them. And afterwards we'll celebrate our victory over obesity with a feast of true American processed, fat and sugar based, physically addictive food as is advertised and glorified everywhere.

Shut up, fatty.

MrMcThrasher II wrote:

Who opened? Zeke is probably my favorite band ever so always interested to hear about bands who rep that shit.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
shut up inhumanist. no one is promoting bullying or whatever (well I'm not) - just exercise some goddamn willpower in something in your life.

Some of the other posts were clearly rather hateful in character, as if morbid obesity wasn't just an unpleasant sight and a problem for the person in question but an outright offense against humanity. But, well, hate is a popular sport I guess.

On a side note: Thanks to whoever added the emoticon that I posted a while ago! I only just noticed.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:21 pm 

fair enough - I didn't really review what the others' said....and I was just saying shut up out of apathy more than a genuine annoyance with what you were saying.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:22 pm 

This is pretty good poetry.

Especially if you like Zero Punctuation and Jimquisition.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:33 pm 

My greatest fumble tussle was when some girl called me racist for saying I like Halle Berry to the point where I wouldn't care if they casted her as Chun-Li (in a discussion about how Hollywood whitewashed Storm in the X-men movies).

That's right: racist for liking Halle Berry's acting. Good job.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:44 pm 

That's not racism. No no here in 'Murica that's a little thing we like to call reverse racism.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:46 pm 

Inhumanist, I really hope you were kidding because if not, you're a total apathetic loon who have no idea how to deal social issues like obesity. Yes, I'm fat and no, bullying is definitely not the solution. Education, awareness and perhaps a ban of junk food are the solutions. Yes, make fun of fat people, make fun of anorexic and depressed people too, it will fix their problems for sure.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:51 pm 

Don't worry, that was pure sarcasm directed at previous posters. My brief exchange with Frog should have made that clear, if it wasn't obvious enough on its own.

Last edited by inhumanist on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:58 pm 

Good to hear but yeah, you can't never know how low can people be (see the WBC...). Man, I'm tired, this internship is rough, I really experience what a teaching job is and damn! Good thing it's gonna be over next week as this year was quite crazy school wise (compressed semesters and shit)

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 pm 

Man, the paranoia over the Boston bombing is really intense here. Like I said yesterday, there was a false alarm in the West Island, and now today there was another false alarm at the Lionel Groulx metro, which is one of the main connecting stations. They shut it down for 3 hours because of a ''suspicious package''.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:13 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Man, the paranoia over the Boston bombing is really intense here. Like I said yesterday, there was a false alarm in the West Island, and now today there was another false alarm at the Lionel Groulx metro, which is one of the main connecting stations. They shut it down for 3 hours because of a ''suspicious package''.

I know this isn't as serious in comparison, but more than a couple of years back at the MGM Studios Park in France I waited for just over 3 hours (not an exaggeration) in line with my father for a ride (one that simulated a rollercoaster you had to design yourself on a computer earlier on in line).

I shit you not, my father and I were literally the next ones to go after over 3 hours of waiting like idiots when the staff apologized and asked everyone to leave. Someone had left their bag in the one of the little cabin things (in which the simulations took place), and everyone had to evacuate in case it was a bomb.

It better have been a bomb, I swear to god.

@Wilytank Jim annoys me by just opening his mouth. Rhymes were okay but his smug tone makes me madder than it should.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 518  Next