Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:11 am 

Just got a fresh batch of patches in the mail! Can't wait to sew them on

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:12 pm 

Got my backpatch in today, which is awesome cause I only just ordered it Saturday. Also started getting an idea of where I want some of my other patches. Nothing is sewn on just yet, but I'm hoping to start soon, just want to get some more patches first.

EDIT: Put this Ghost patch on a little while ago on the front:

Last edited by ~Guest 294530 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:15 pm 

Lost Wisdom wrote:

Is that Venom patch real leather? It looks awesome!

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:33 pm 

Zerberus wrote:
Lost Wisdom wrote:

Is that Venom patch real leather? It looks awesome!

I think so. It's pretty sweet, either way. One of my favorite patches, and I've got an extra one as well.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:01 pm 

Natskygge wrote:
the_raytownian wrote:
REAL men do it without safety pins. :metal:

except over pockets. pockets are fucking hard.

Well, seeing as I'm not a man, I'll use as many pins as I feel like. ;)

Sorry, I just assumed, since it seems like the vest-accessorizing sub-community of the metal world is such an inexplicable sausage fest. :scratch:

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:02 pm 

I disagree, the_raytownian. At gigs and even in this thread, the percentage of females with vests seems far greater than in the general metalhead population.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:23 pm 

It's more the case in Europe. I know some women with cool kuttes but they're a minority. Girls with kuttes: sexxxxxxxxxxy!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Natskygge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:27 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
Natskygge wrote:
Well, seeing as I'm not a man, I'll use as many pins as I feel like. ;)

Sorry, I just assumed, since it seems like the vest-accessorizing sub-community of the metal world is such an inexplicable sausage fest. :scratch:

It's okay. :) Statiscally speaking there was probably a higher chance of me being male, so it's okay you assumed.

Metantoine wrote:
Girls with kuttes: sexxxxxxxxxxy!

Go tell my mother that. ;) She thinks my vest is awful and generally unflattering. Oh, and tell one of my friends too. When she heard of my plans of making one, she blurted out, "Oh no, the only girls who wear those are ugly, butch, German girls at Wacken."

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:05 pm 

Really not sure why they're sideways. Even tried to rotate them with an image manipulator, but apparently they were just determined to give the finger to the system or something. But there it is.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:
Also if you want to make a joke please do so but please put lol after so I can know that Fred Durst isn't really dead.

Crystal_Logic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:35 pm 

Lost Wisdom wrote:
Got my backpatch in today, which is awesome cause I only just ordered it Saturday. Also started getting an idea of where I want some of my other patches. Nothing is sewn on just yet, but I'm hoping to start soon, just want to get some more patches first.

Lost Wisdom: Just a word of warning. Those patches, except the Venom one, will fade as soon as you put that jacket in the wash. Take heed.

Crystal_Logic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 pm 

Zerberus wrote:
Just got a fresh batch of patches in the mail!

Great haul! Where from?

~Guest 294530
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:40 pm 

Crystal_Logic wrote:
Lost Wisdom wrote:

Lost Wisdom: Just a word of warning. Those patches, except the Venom one, will fade as soon as you put that jacket in the wash. Take heed.

Pretty sure you aren't supposed to put battle jackets/vests in the wash anyways...

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:34 am 

Crystal_Logic wrote:
Zerberus wrote:
Just got a fresh batch of patches in the mail!

Great haul! Where from?

http://www.t-shirtzone.co.uk/ actually! They've got a lot of shitty core and unmetal bands, but then there's merch with Cro Mags, Vektor and Avulsed. Weird mix, but they've got a ton of patches!

phantaz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:13 pm 

Lost Wisdom wrote:
Pretty sure you aren't supposed to put battle jackets/vests in the wash anyways...

Ahahah :)
I do wash my denim jacket, and have always washed my patched jackets and have never 'lost' a patch :)

Mitokht
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:30 pm 

The collar on mine rides too high up and presses against the back of my neck too hard. I get a stiff neck the day after wearing mine. I'm thinking of removing the collar by cutting about 1/4" down from the seam all the way around and folding over by about 1/8" and sewing a hem. Thoughts? Any pics of someone who has done something similar?

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:44 pm 

Mitokht wrote:
The collar on mine rides too high up and presses against the back of my neck too hard. I get a stiff neck the day after wearing mine. I'm thinking of removing the collar by cutting about 1/4" down from the seam all the way around and folding over by about 1/8" and sewing a hem. Thoughts? Any pics of someone who has done something similar?

Not entirely sure what you mean, but I've seen a lot of people who've removed the collar from the vests. Mostly people who wear them over their leather jackets or something, but others too.

The_Minstrel51
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:17 pm 

Zerberus wrote:
Mitokht wrote:

Not entirely sure what you mean, but I've seen a lot of people who've removed the collar from the vests. Mostly people who wear them over their leather jackets or something, but others too.

German and Dutch kutten often have the collars removed for the reason stated above (wearing over leather), but also so the entire vest can be covered in patches more easily and so they are all visible.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:47 am 

CountBlagorath wrote:
I have a black army jacket with all Nightwish patches

:ugh:

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:25 am 

I had a cheap Sadx patch that was destroyed in the wash :( (i needed to wash my vest as various different alcohol beverages have been spilt on it through its battles! haha) but yeah i always get embroided from now on

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 pm 

I haven't worn shorts in about a decade due to my skinny ass legs but I love these.
Image[/URL]
I'm going to do the back side too, so far I just have Effigy on there.

Image[/url]

untappd: patrick_g

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:46 pm 

thrashmaniac87 wrote:
I haven't worn shorts in about a decade due to my skinny ass legs but I love these.
Image[/URL]
I'm going to do the back side too, so far I just have Effigy on there.

Spoiler: show
Image[/url]

That Warcollapse patch is awesome! where did you score that?

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:12 pm 

I think I got that one from Angry Young Poor. They have a lot of good patches.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:23 pm 

thrashmaniac87 wrote:

Dude, that shop is awesome. I've been there a few times when visiting Lancaster, they've got a great selection of music and patches/shirts, especially when it comes to punk.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:49 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
thrashmaniac87 wrote:

Dude, that shop is awesome. I've been there a few times when visiting Lancaster, they've got a great selection of music and patches/shirts, especially when it comes to punk.

Oh I actually got this from a website in the US. I didn't realize there was a store called that too haha

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:48 pm 

thrashmaniac87 wrote:
analog_winter wrote:

Oh I actually got this from a website in the US. I didn't realize there was a store called that too haha

The website is run by the store, they've got stuff out in the store but also have a big warehouse/attic space of some sort where they have a lot of stuff for mail order. And it's in the US, in Lancaster, Pennsylvania (probably should have clarified that haha).

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:16 pm 

Oh ok haha. That must be a pretty kick ass shop then.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:37 pm 

Just ordered two additional black/white patches with Conan and Impalers. The vest's almost filled out! Will post pics soon

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:17 pm 

Im making a new vest at the moment! il post pics in the upcoming weeks once I can get it started! very excited!!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:30 am 

halfformedfetus wrote:
Im making a new vest at the moment! il post pics in the upcoming weeks once I can get it started! very excited!!

Sweet man, do you have a list of the patches? I just got 2 new ones yesterday (Kylesa and Blood Ceremony + 1 a Kylesa pin), I'll also make a new vest soon, it's gonna be classy!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

MrMetalinasuit1
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:39 pm 

What are some good patch websites based in the UK? I want to start getting them but no idea where from.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:22 pm 

I've started working on a new vest too! (my first actually) I'm printing a lot of the patches myself since I can't find the ones I want anywhere. Will post pictures when I get it all together.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:06 am 

This is sort of off-topic since they aren't a metal band, but does anyone know if there has ever existed, on planet earth, a Sparks band patch?

"Sparks" is such a hard term to search, especially when looking for a "sparks patch". eBay and Google were both busts for me...
I'm not looking to have custom patches done right now, so I'm really hoping there's a batch of embroidered Sparks patches floating around somewhere.

Thanks.

PS: I fucking need this

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:01 am 

RE: Over-Zone.

for custom patches, must you really order a minimum of 5 each, or have they removed an option for one-off custom patches? :(
I can't find anything on the site about ordering several "one-off" versions of different designs, which is really what I was hoping for.

Even if I can re-sell the duplicates, I just don't expect to be able to recoup my money that quickly + I don't really "do" online selling... :/

Any alternatives out there for independent companies that will make custom, one-off copies of multiple designs?

Thanks.

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 am 

How would you feel about printing your own patches? Or are you dead set on getting an embroidered one.

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:34 pm 

[quote="the_raytownian"]This is sort of off-topic since they aren't a metal band, but does anyone know if there has ever existed, on planet earth, a Sparks band patch?

"Sparks" is such a hard term to search, especially when looking for a "sparks patch". eBay and Google were both busts for me...
I'm not looking to have custom patches done right now, so I'm really hoping there's a batch of embroidered Sparks patches floating around somewhere.

Thanks.

I can't thank you enough for introducing me the Sparks. I just found out that I've heard them before from the amazing Rad soundtrack (Music You Can Dance To) but that song doesn't even compare to the other stuff I've heard so far.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:53 pm 

Necroghast wrote:
How would you feel about printing your own patches? Or are you dead set on getting an embroidered one.

I would be very into it, and have wanted to do it a long time, but I just haven't the time/patience/resources to do my own screen-printing.

I planned to build a PVC screen-burning station for ages, but then I just got sick of never having the shit I needed together and lost interest all together.

Also, I have "dreamed" about getting custom patches thru Over-Zone for so long, my imagination's kind of spoiled me to where I'd really much prefer embroidered ones.

thrashmaniac87:
Hey, it was an accident, I swear! Glad my post unintentionally re-introduced you to one of THE BEST BANDS EVER all the same. :thumbsup:

Necroghast
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:26 pm 

It's actually way way easier than you might think to print your own. Just buy a stretched screen (or make one if you want so save money) some speedball photo emulsion and sensitizer, a 150 watt bulb with a pie pan reflector on a socket that can take 150 watts, a piece of glass that fits in the frame, your ink, your fabric, and a squeegee. just print transparencies of the patches you want to make and find some instructions on how to expose the screen. (I can explain it if you want) You definitely do not need to build any kind of station or setup for exposing the screen, i literally just have the bulb clipped to a metal ruler suspended between 2 shelves with the screen on my floor. Its pretty fun too, and satisfying cause its so easy to get good results. Here's an Arsaidh patch I printed the other day:

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:22 pm 

I already have most of that shit, just not a bulb or glass or any good way to mount the thing or time it well.
i know how to print, I just don't have the shit I need + got tired of being broke for so long that I just totally lost interest in getting the stuff for making prints at home.

I mean, I would want to if I had a burning station (which is easy to build, yeah), but i can't be arsed to fuck with obtaining these things anymore.
I also don't have a (good) method for printing transparencies (those at-home printer ones are total garbage. I've only ever gotten good copies witha xerox machine, and I also can't can't be arsed to go to a copy shop).

I already have a screen and inks and emulsion and blah blah blah, though.

My dreams of running an in-home printing mini-business died ages ago. I work too much for too little money to want to invest in something I don't expect to make a revenue from (I'd only be doing one-off patches for myself, really).

Thanks for the suggestion, anyway. the patch you made turned out nice.

gojira666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 pm 

Hey guys long time away from the forum, but recently my son has gotten the metal bug and has decide to create his own metal vest. I have been a long time metal fan myself however I have never had the pleasure of owning a vest of my own. My son wants me to join him in his endeavor but I was wondering what's too old to wear a vest?

Thanks in advance

gojira666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 pm 

sorry for the double post

Last edited by gojira666 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 88  Next