Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
VMM
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:46 pm 

^
Sorry, my level of English is not very very good. :S

I dont really get why its not aproved yet... Do I have to wait until that EP is released? The single (already released digitally) and the evidence of that EP being made is not enough? Is it that?
_______
Btw, link here if you're interested, check out the last post with "Kill The Traitors": www.facebook.com/invictoryofficial

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:08 pm 

VMM wrote:
^Do I have to wait until that EP is released?

Yes.

Quote:
The single (already released digitally) and the evidence of that EP being made is not enough?

It's not enough.

We don't accept digital singles - on their own - as valid albums. They're too short.

We don't accept non-released albums as valid albums, at all. They're not publicly available (yet).

~Guest 306437
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 pm 

Still waiting for an answer to my previous message (Y)

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 pm 

Desavenencia wrote:
Still waiting for an answer to my previous message (Y)

This thread is not for asking if bands will be accepted if they were hypothetically submitted; that's not how the process is supposed to work. Just submit them and then, if they're rejected afterwards, you can bring it up here if you think there is a genuine mistake.

~Guest 306437
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm 

I did not wanted to know that if I submit the band would it be accepted. I originally asked if somebody knew why wasn't it on the archives. The band isn't that new, it has a review of the demo and on metal-area they posted even the members and the logo. I have the tracklist and can upload somewhere samples, but I didn't found anywhere how many copies the demo (2010) were released, so I will not submit it, if anyone cares to find out....

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:00 am 

It's possible that no one has simply ever submitted the band in question before. Or could be it was tried once with inadequate proof. Either way, it's like MutantClannfear said. You could always try contacting the band or something to get the necessary information.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:32 pm 

Whoever rejected Enthauptung for being too ambient only listened to one minute of the music and/or doesn't know what they are talking about. If this song isn't black metal then I don't know what the fuck black metal is. Add them to the archives.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:40 pm 

xThe__Wizard wrote:
I don't know what the fuck black metal is.

I think you hit the nail on the head mate.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:58 pm 

Quit it you two. xThe__Wizard, I suggest that you change your tone if you want us to consider the band again. MCH, I don't think you're a mod, right? Don't reply with useless comments.

This is indeed black metal and it's now removed from the blacklist. Next time, don't be an ass about it.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:00 pm 

Strange rejection. Definitely black metal. I've restored the original submission.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:04 pm 

Sorry it just got to me. I am friends with them and have seen them and heard them many times so to have them be rejected got me upset. Thank you.

JESUSCHRIST
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:52 am 

Greetings!

I am here looking for the possibility of add NECROSADIK finally to the Encyclopaedia Metallum; this issue began at Feb 2009 with my inquiries and then I have found many inquiries from different people asking why NECROSADIK is not in the Encyclopaedia.

Well at the beginning you told me that NECROSADIK was not metal, and it was pure dark ambient, and because this project was not a side-project from a well known band it could not be possible to include it at the Encyclopaedia; then you told me that there are no physical evidence of any release.

Well, here I am at 2013, and NECROSADIK has evolved into a metal sound, low tempo maybe, but metal as many other bands that are here, now the are drums, (low tempo drums, but REAL drums, not computer stuff), the guitar, bass, piano and vocals are still here.

Also nowadays I have released 10th albums, 3 EP's, 3 Box sets, 15 splits and 15 compilations; and everyone in a physical format, from CD PRO, CDR PRO, CDR, TAPE, MINI CDR under labels from New Zealand, Australia, Germany, France, Poland, the United Kingdom, Indonesia, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Brazil, Mexico, Korea, Italy, Gibraltar, Costa Rica, etc.

I think that now I have reached all you want from NECROSADIK.

Regards!

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:09 am 

So it was black metal after all...

Well I just feel like a dick now.

BastardHead wrote:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:37 am 

JESUSCHRIST wrote:
Greetings!

I am here looking for the possibility of add NECROSADIK finally to the Encyclopaedia Metallum; this issue began at Feb 2009 with my inquiries and then I have found many inquiries from different people asking why NECROSADIK is not in the Encyclopaedia.

Well at the beginning you told me that NECROSADIK was not metal, and it was pure dark ambient, and because this project was not a side-project from a well known band it could not be possible to include it at the Encyclopaedia; then you told me that there are no physical evidence of any release.

Well, here I am at 2013, and NECROSADIK has evolved into a metal sound, low tempo maybe, but metal as many other bands that are here, now the are drums, (low tempo drums, but REAL drums, not computer stuff), the guitar, bass, piano and vocals are still here.

Also nowadays I have released 10th albums, 3 EP's, 3 Box sets, 15 splits and 15 compilations; and everyone in a physical format, from CD PRO, CDR PRO, CDR, TAPE, MINI CDR under labels from New Zealand, Australia, Germany, France, Poland, the United Kingdom, Indonesia, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Brazil, Mexico, Korea, Italy, Gibraltar, Costa Rica, etc.

I think that now I have reached all you want from NECROSADIK.

Regards!

Any evidence for this as well as music to listen to?

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:45 pm 

Why was the band Eyes of Fire from california (not the wisconsin one) deleted?

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:04 pm 

Byrain wrote:

From the search function: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985&p=2090339&hilit=eyes+of+fire#p2090339

BastardHead wrote:

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:22 pm 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
Byrain wrote:

From the search function: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=64985&p=2090339&hilit=eyes+of+fire#p2090339

Thanks, I could of found that myself in retrospect...

I would appreciate it if some mods could reavalute them as I strongly think that conclusion is flawed. They do have quieter moments which are not the focus, but perhaps with selective listening they can be misleading about their general sound.

Here are some examples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du5nLd3hEDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qldNWmG6-50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y11mNbD40P8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_cMFSHiZPw

Out of those, the first may be the best example of their doom influences, but they are admiitingly borderline for doom.

mada1990
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:55 am 

Okay, I'm sure this has been brought up before (because it's probably the stupidest thing ever that these guys aren't "metal enough" but some of the other cheeseball bands on this site are), but Rosetta is pretty damn metal, especially with their newest album that just came out Thursday.

http://theanaesthete.bandcamp.com/

The whole album can be viewed there. Some stand out tracks of heaviness can be tracks 3, 4, and 6. If this album isn't "heavy enough" to be put on here, you can also check out "Absent" off of The Gallilean Satalites (however you spell it). Rosetta are just as heavy as Isis and Cult of Luna, so really don't understand why they aren't on here to begin with.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:14 pm 

I checked the 3 songs you indicated, it seems way more rooted in hardcore than in metal when it's heavy so perhaps not the "stupidest thing ever" to keep them blacklisted. Heavyness doesn't mean shit, metal riffs are the important things.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:31 pm 

Not familiar with their older stuff, but the "The Anaesthete" is clearly post-rock/hardcore. It may be "heavy", but metal riffs it has not. A very confident "no" from me.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:02 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Not familiar with their older stuff, but the "The Anaesthete" is clearly post-rock/hardcore. It may be "heavy", but metal riffs it has not. A very confident "no" from me.

Old stuff was less heavy but the same post-rock/hardcore. more meandering about.

Rhul
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:30 pm 

About the rejection of the band DRIP OF MEMORY, I have some objections. I hope you read them:

You said the band is not a metal band... did you hear the music?
I did provide a link to Reverbnation, where you can listen to the EP (prog-metal) and the Demo (metal).
And two of the members belong to accepted metal bands in this site (HOLOGRAM and CASTLOW).

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:33 pm 

Rhul wrote:
About the rejection of the band DRIP OF MEMORY, I have some objections. I hope you read them:

You said the band is not a metal band... did you hear the music?
I did provide a link to Reverbnation, where you can listen to the EP (prog-metal) and the Demo (metal).
And two of the members belong to accepted metal bands in this site (HOLOGRAM and CASTLOW).

This band? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo6SJbwhAUw

That's rock, not metal.

skwid79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:53 pm 

I take it albums with cover art that is 2 website links and a logo doesn't count right?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:55 pm 

skwid79 wrote:
I take it albums with cover art that is 2 website links and a logo doesn't count right?

Likely not. If it's a professional production, 30+ minutes, and has anything else going for it, perhaps worth consideration, but as the rules state, a lack of artwork indicates that it is not a complete, valid release.

skwid79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:08 pm 

The release I was thinking of is an official EP and is 21 minutes 38 seconds in time.

NIMBUS666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:00 am 

Which band was recently deleted from the roster of Guatemala?

cob crust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:37 pm 

Hi friends, I would like to know why the band Mácula was rejected...
I received the following message:
"Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum."
But I have seen in the site several bands with a sound line very close to the mácula. There are in the site many crust (or punk) bands...

Please, I would be grateful with an aswer and a possible reevaluate.

Cheers

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:46 pm 

The crust bands on the site are also considered metal, Mácula weren't metal enough apparently, a line needs to be traced somewhere.

cob crust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:58 pm 

Oh dude, thanks for the answer, I understand you but I think that it's an evasive answer.
This band (below), for example, it's a band of friends, but they are not metal, they are grindcore:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Plague_Rages/129661

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:21 pm 

So? Metallic grind is accepted, bands like Nasum or early Napalm Death are totally fine, bands like Anal Cunt arent. Also, we don't compare bands with each others and this is totally unrelated to your first inquiry.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:29 pm 

NIMBUS666 wrote:
Which band was recently deleted from the roster of Guatemala?

No idea. Nothing showing up for the last three months, it has probably been purged completely by now.

It is also possible that a band had its country of origin changed.

cob crust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:32 pm 

Ok, I'm not comparing bands (if it's better or worse), I'm trying to understand the criterion for acceptance or rejection of the bands.
Could you check this page (below)?
http://r-a-b-m.blogspot.com.br/2012/12/ ... ova-4.html

Thanks!

StormyC93
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 am 

I was wondering if Agoraphobic Nosebleed could be reconsidered? I've been listening to their latest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMoRrk95H5M recently and while it has some punk influenced grindcore in it, so does Pig Destroyer. Truthfully it sounds like a early Pig Destroyer with a female singer. And I was also wondering if it would apply under the side-band rule since it has Scott Hull?

souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:35 am 

why was my band The End blacklisted?,its metal so why was it blacklisted?, heres the link of my demo http://theendblackmetal.bandcamp.com/al ... -disappear

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:57 am 

^ "More ambient than metal, not much dicernible riffing"

souvikpunk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:11 am 

but ronimuz, i agree there are ambient parts but thr are also metal parts in the songs too, please listen to the two songs 'shallow hearts,empty streets' and 'ashes in the wind' from the demo, they r metal songs with ambient elements here and thr, please discuss it with other mods if possible bro, its a good band, and it deserves to be on this site, thnks

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:35 pm 

StormyC93 wrote:
I was wondering if Agoraphobic Nosebleed could be reconsidered? I've been listening to their latest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMoRrk95H5M recently and while it has some punk influenced grindcore in it, so does Pig Destroyer. Truthfully it sounds like a early Pig Destroyer with a female singer. And I was also wondering if it would apply under the side-band rule since it has Scott Hull?

The 2009 album is still punk-based from what I've heard. Please use the search function for this subforum, this band has been brought up numerous times. You should be able to find all the answers you need.

valkjr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:10 am 

Hei guys,

I've recently added a band (Viral, from Finland) and it has been rejected, for "the album isn't released physically and a stream of the album on youtube is not enough". I am happy it wasn't rejected for any other reason though! But I'm pretty sure I've provided you with links in my submission notes, including the artist's official website from where the album can be reserved/bought. I've read your submission rules and I'd say this submission meets the described criteria.

Anyways, the album is going to be remastered in the near future and I would like to resubmit the band by then. All I need to know is whether the artist's page (with reservations/sales link) is not enough as proof of the existence of the album.

Besides, I suggest your rules to be re-written in a clearer and more direct way. It is not yet quite encompassing this project's criteria as I am sure you'd wish to put it. Sarcasm makes a text sound "cool", but it doesn't communicate things any further than that, or? :)

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 am 

^ Well, the fact it can be reserved suggests it's still an upcoming release, not something that is already released. Thus invalid.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 541  Next