Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:31 am 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
That's not official, he's trolling, and successfully, it seems. I've seen so many "authentic endings" in passing on Facebook or whatever that are hilariously overblown and downright stupid. Consider it a clusterfuck of bullshit until the actual ending.
Admittedly I only skimmed through without reading a full sentence so I'll take your word for it. Bit of a dick move to put it in spoilers though.

onorato73
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 am 

That episode last night really left me hanging. I think that this episode was better than last weeks. The first episode for whatever reason just did not fully click with me.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 am 

^Wow, I thought the previous episode was one of the shows finest. Thought the latest was not as powerful but still, the ending killed me....

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:17 am 

Well then, that was awesome.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Erdrickgr
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:22 am 

The entire episode was full of win. My only hope is that Jesse finds out about everything before the end. Jane in particular.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:26 am 

The next episode is called Rabid Dog. EPIC FORESHADOWING OF HIS DEATH? Perhaps. I'd be bummed though. He's the only character I still actually care about.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:46 am 

One of the best episodes yet. Holy shit, that confession video. Holy shit.... pure evil. :lol:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:02 am 

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Rabid_Dog

Doesnt spoil anything, but it really teases

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:58 am 

Win-y indeed. I could just see Jesse reaching critical mass when Walt dished out another round of his manipulative bullshit to get him to skip town.

lol @ the scene in the restaurant. That music in the background and the waiter... The best part was clearly the confession video, though.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:24 pm 

Jesse's realization was absolutely fucking amazing. It took me 30 minutes to figure out how the hell he connected the dots because of how mindblowing the whole episode was. :lol:

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:07 pm 

Anyone care to give their spin on that diner scene? I was re-reading the plot summary on Wikipedia just now and it's making it sound like more went down at the diner than was really shown. Do you think they killed the waitress or something?

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:31 am 

I don't how I'm supposed to like Jesse. He's an idiot junkie that fucks up nearly every chance he gets and destroys entire lives around him, with some redeeming-ish moments here and there. It was actually great seeing him beaten up every now and then.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:08 am 

^Being a junky does not make a person bad; just a maker of bad decisions. Jesse actually has a conscience and some degree of ethics. He is not willing to kill all opposition. He even hesitates when killing a cockroach in season 2 (I think). That's actually pretty endearing.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:27 am 

The maybe two selfless acts he's committed among the constant greed-fueled, destructive ones don't really make him endearing to me at all. I mean selling meth at rehab groups? Getting his girlfriends and best friends back on drugs? My friend's Dad used to tell me all about the scum that preyed on people and tempted them back to drugs where he worked, they're the lowest form of life around.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:59 am 

As far as as Breaking Bad characters go, he's not that bad. Todd is a murderous sociopath who happens to be the perfect Yes Man and Lydia is a neurotic bitch demon who for some reason would rather not face the consequences of her actions. Jesse isn't half what those people are. Even though he's still a scumbag, most people are able to sympathize with him because we see a lot of his inner child and naivety.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Anyone care to give their spin on that diner scene? I was re-reading the plot summary on Wikipedia just now and it's making it sound like more went down at the diner than was really shown. Do you think they killed the waitress or something?

Huh? Why the hell would they do that? They just gave her a few lecherous looks. If you mean the blood on the shoe, I took that to be from wiping out Colonel Young's merry gang. I guess it's possible they robbed the diner and killed everyone in it, but that would be a pretty dumb thing to do when you're just trying to get a meth operation started.

Seems like the Wikipedia article has already been edited to remove those speculations.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:46 pm 

Hmm, yes, it has been edited. I went back and watched the scene again after reading that bit on Wiki and it didn't seem so much that he was stepping over something but rather just trying to get a look at his boot before wiping the blood off. So yeah, disregard my previous post.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:07 am 

Anybody know how Saul knew Pinkman was being interrogated? Perhaps I missed it but did Jesse ask to speak to his lawyer? Anyways, that scene where he comes in and bails Pinkman was so fuckin boss.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:14 am 

nekuomanteia wrote:
Anybody know how Saul knew Pinkman was being interrogated? Perhaps I missed it but did Jesse ask to speak to his lawyer? Anyways, that scene where he comes in and bails Pinkman was so fuckin boss.

He saw it on TV apparently.

I just caught up last night...this is the darkest season yet I think. I like the whole Todd and Lydia and those other freaks plot - shows how far away from even Walt and Jesse's miniscule moral center in the early seasons the whole meth operation has gotten (as would happen in real life). It's a sort of No Country for Old Men thing going on. Soul crushing.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:37 am 

What blows me away more than the Ricin realization is the fact that two people here got trolled by my blatantly retarded ending.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:28 am 

Adriankat wrote:
Jesse's realization was absolutely fucking amazing. It took me 30 minutes to figure out how the hell he connected the dots because of how mindblowing the whole episode was. :lol:

I rewatched the episode just now and realized that I was actually a little hazy on remembering the details myself and just assumed it was a logical conclusion for him to reach since the show doesn't usually fuck up little details like that. However I wanted to make sure it was all clear in my head. So just in case anyone else was a little fuzzy on how this revelation played out:

1) Jesse smokes weed in Saul's office and puts the bag of joints in his pocket. When he leaves the office Huell pickpockets him (you can actually see it happen if you watch closely) and takes the weed.
2) As Jesse waits for the dude on the side of the road he sticks his hands in his pockets and notices that the weed is missing. He also finds a pack of cigarettes, which jogs his memory of past events:
-Walt had made ricin and put a ricin capsule in one of Jesse's cigarettes in season 4, the two of them scheming to have Jesse use the Ricin to kill Gus.
-Around this time Jesse had been getting out of the business but Walt had wanted to keep him as he was now an extremely competent lab assistant/possible successor.
-Walt keeps asking Jesse if he's had a chance to poison Gus yet, which he hasn't.
-Jesse's girlfriend calls him to tell him that her son is sick and Jesse immediately tells her to have them treat for ricin poisoning.
-Jesse suspects that Walt poisoned Brock in order to take away Jesse's motivation for getting out of the business.
-Jesse directly accuses Walt and threatens him; Walt tells him that Gus must've had his henchman steal the ricin cigarette from Jesse (after gaining knowledge of the cigarette via the lab's cameras, Walt says) and used it poisoned Brock. Jesse believes him.
-This motivates Jesse to help Walt kill Gus.
-After they succeed, it's revealed that Brock was poisoned by Lily-of-the-valley, not ricin.

So, since he's already starting to call Walt on his bullshit, and he just got pickpocketed by Huell, he puts two and two together and realizes that Walt was behind the whole poisoning of Brock, with Saul's help to pull off the pickpocketing of the ricin cigarette, in order to enlist Jesse's help in killing Gus.

Last edited by iamntbatman on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:19 am 

This is pretty hilarious.

Spoiler: show

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:08 am 

I figured everything out except for the pickpocketing. Didn't notice that although I did think it was awkward the way Huell impeded his way by the door. My initial reaction was maybe those were the same brand of cigarettes the ricin was in in the old episode. I still cried when Walt hugged Jesse though. He had me fooled yo. haha...Fool me once, shame on you....

So I wonder if anyone's at the house Jesse's about to torch. I say Jr. is taking a dump and will burn. Didn't notice his car though. hmm. Still, shit just got Real.

Last edited by nekuomanteia on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:50 am 

nekuomanteia wrote:
So I wonder if anyone's at the house Jesse's about to torch. I say Jr. is taking a dump and will burn. Didn't notice his car though. hmm. Still, shit just got Real.

That or eating breakfast.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:01 pm 

@Marty: :lol: "who do you think he's shown this to?" "No one."

Obfuscation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm 

@iamntbatman

One minor correction though, it was Jesse who informed Walt that it was Lily of the Valley.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:52 pm 

Ah right, good call. I'll edit the post.

Haha, that Malcom in the Middle video was hilarious.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:28 pm 

The only confusing thing to me was how Walt poisoned Brock to begin with - did he slip some of those berries in his food, approach him on the sidewalk and give them to him; what? Did I just miss a line that explained it somewhere?

Also yeah, :lol: at that video...

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:50 pm 

If I remember correct he was left alone with him for a sec and could have given him the berries knowing full well kids like candy-like treats.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:31 am 

nekuomanteia wrote:

Given that we know the house doesn't burn down (flash forward at beginning of this seasons second half) I'd say not.

I have never been able to think of a logical way that Walt could have poisoned Brock. Sure, kids are naïve, but Walt is pretty distinctive looking; its so massively risky for him to have approached Brock. Hence, it was probably one of Sauls boys....But still, I wanna know how....

I'm also looking forward to Jessie becoming aware of Walt's inaction when his (Jessie's) girlfriend was aspirating on her vomit. Surely it comes out.

RapeTheDead
Stoned Jesus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:17 pm 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Walt poison Brock with that breed of flowers to which he knew Brock was allergic?

SKYLESS AEONS
SENTIMENT DISSOLVE
HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:32 pm 

No, it was Lily of the Valley, which is poisonous.

RapeTheDead
Stoned Jesus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:00 pm 

Right, yeah. I couldn't remember the specific kind of plant.

SKYLESS AEONS
SENTIMENT DISSOLVE
HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 am 

^I can't recall Brock being specifically allergic to anything...

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:14 am 

Nah, Jesse said the doctors told him "kids just eat [Lily of the Valley] sometimes, and they get sick." I was wondering how Walt got Brock to do so. I was watching some interviews with the cast the other night because I had nothing to do, and lo and behold Vince Gilligan actually answered his hypothesis for what happened: Walt crushed up some berries and put them in a juice box, and replaced Brock's juice box at school with it. So apparently it won't come up in the show again, and this is all we'll get.

VenusianSea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:59 am 

Acidgobblin wrote:
I'm also looking forward to Jessie becoming aware of Walt's inaction when his (Jessie's) girlfriend was aspirating on her vomit. Surely it comes out.

Frankly, I keep reading about this and I'm not sure why people are assuming that he will find out about Jane's death. The only way for it to happen would be if Walter tells him about it, and there's just no reason for Walter to do that. Unless it's some kind of act of defiance, like Jesse is pointing a gun at him and Walt is taunting him to pull the trigger, something like that, but it strikes me as too dramatic for the show. And useless.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:05 pm 

Hi :hyper:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm 

^ :confused:

Obligatory Last FM Link

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:59 pm 

:o

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:34 pm 

VenusianSea wrote:
Acidgobblin wrote:

Frankly, I keep reading about this and I'm not sure why people are assuming that he will find out about Jane's death. The only way for it to happen would be if Walter tells him about it, and there's just no reason for Walter to do that. Unless it's some kind of act of defiance, like Jesse is pointing a gun at him and Walt is taunting him to pull the trigger, something like that, but it strikes me as too dramatic for the show. And useless.

Yeah right, because Breaking Bad is never dramatic....;) I sort of feel something needs to come from that incident because I can see no reason for it to have been shown unless its going to be followed up. I think it would actually make for even more soul-crushing craziness.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next