* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:58 am 

HouseSpiders wrote:
Haat888 wrote:
User SzatanSerdutszko88 is adding useless links to last.fm or wikipedia and ridiculous photos

I noticed yesterday he is still doing all of that. :ugh:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/SzatanSerduszko88

And he's still adding his useless links...

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:26 am 

HouseSpiders wrote:
And he's still adding his useless links...

He's probably adding those Last.fm and Wikipedia links simply because they show up in the link autofill thing.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:38 am 

Yeah probably, but his links are still pretty useless... I don't think any of the links are official ones, and it's not like he's adding links to pages that don't have any other official sources on the web either. Maybe he doesn't know about his wrongdoing, but either way, I guess he should probably be sent a message.

Fulgurius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:51 am 

Warned.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:32 am 

Last lyrics were added one by one: http://www.metal-archives.com/users/bitterman

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:13 pm 

I've told him to stop that.

attilaslaytanic666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:12 am 

Gelordum wrote:
This :-D lowercasing word "Like" in titles:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/attilaslaytanic666

Be careful what you say, if you do not know what you mean ... this gossipy hairdresser disgusts me, but sometimes I take a look.

I do all I can and know, the points I give a shit and all of you too.

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:09 am 

Gelordum wrote:

Gelordum, atilla is a heavily dedicated user with a long history of hard work behind him. Avoid pointing fingers at users of his rank, because they've generally been here long enough to know the rules by now. :rolleyes:

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:05 am 

Look at this guy:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Immortalon

He is adding an information about Polish licensed tapes released years ago (Metal Mind, Mystic, Morbid Noizz). Is this a necessary stuff in additional notes of the albums? I don't so.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:22 am 

^ What are you referring to specifically? If those are label names, please note I can't Ctrl-F them from the modification history.

But, mentioning re-releases and versions in the additional notes is actually ok.

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:32 pm 

^ E.g. take a look on additional notes and the last sentence in it:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ob ... mplete/722

He wrote about a standard licensed tape released in Poland by Metal Mind. It isn't a re-release or a special version. So, can we add to additional notes all possible licensed titles (tapes), from e.g. Romania, Czech Republic and so on? In addition, he didn't mention about an exact release date (year).

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:36 pm 

There is nothing wrong with that if the information is correct. He could/should have elaborated on the year and the country, but no point-whoring to be found here.

attilaslaytanic666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:11 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
Gelordum wrote:

Gelordum, atilla is a heavily dedicated user with a long history of hard work behind him. Avoid pointing fingers at users of his rank, because they've generally been here long enough to know the rules by now. :rolleyes:

Many people look, but only a few can see.

Tueur
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 am 

could you send a strong warning to user countmozart

This idiot is not able to add correct line-ups, have already found plenty of mistakes in the past but here

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/B% ... Ort/391561

http://www.discogs.com/B%C3%B6hse-Onkel ... ase/385925

Stephan Weidner: Bass, Vocals, KEYBOARDS

he has no sources and he just simply adds all members

Also for 2 members, they played different instruments

Matthias Röhr Bass (1981-1982) / Guitars (1982-2005)

He adds all members then deletes the wrong instruments, is it TOO DIFFICULT to do it before clicking on "save the tab"?

2013-10-25 09:30:23 countmozart Album line-up modified for Böhse Onkelz - Dunkler Ort : Removed Bass role for artist Matthias Röhr <=======
2013-10-25 09:30:21 countmozart Album line-up modified for Böhse Onkelz - Dunkler Ort : Removed Guitars role for artist Stephan Weidner <========
2013-10-25 09:30:15 countmozart Album line-up modified for Böhse Onkelz - Dunkler Ort : Saved artist Matthias Röhr to line-up with role: Guitars
2013-10-25 09:30:15 countmozart Album line-up modified for Böhse Onkelz - Dunkler Ort : Saved artist Matthias Röhr to line-up with role: Bass
2013-10-25 09:30:15 countmozart Album line-up modified for Böhse Onkelz - Dunkler Ort : Saved artist Kevin Russell to line-up with role: Vocals
2013-10-25 09:30:15 countmozart Album line-up modified for Böhse Onkelz - Dunkler Ort : Saved artist Stephan Weidner to line-up with role: Bass, Vocals
2013-10-25 09:30:15 countmozart Album line-up modified for Böhse Onkelz - Dunkler Ort : Saved artist Stephan Weidner to line-up with role: Guitars
2013-10-25 09:30:15 countmozart Album line-up modified for Böhse Onkelz - Dunkler Ort : Saved artist Peter Schorowsky to line-up with role: Drums

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:53 am 

Warned.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 am 

Loads of lyrics one by one today: http://www.metal-archives.com/users/germandeather

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:32 am 

Notice sent. I tend to be more lenient with this when it comes to lyrics.

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:41 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Shinryu%20Heika

Adding useless links on artist profiles (wikipedia for example)

Trey Azagthoth Added link: Wikipedia
2013-10-25 16:55:27 David Vincent Added link: Wikipedia
2013-10-25 16:53:18 Michael Amott Added link: Wikipedia
2013-10-25 16:52:20 Chuck Schuldiner Added link: Wikipedia
2013-10-25 16:50:29 Angela Gossow Added link: Wikipedia
2013-10-25 16:47:53 Kerry King Added link: Wikipedia
2013-10-25 16:45:40 Gene Hoglan Added link: Wikipedia
2013-10-25 16:44:33 Brendon Small Added link: Wikipedia

as well as various lyrical themes for many bands (which I'd not trust at all)

Gelordum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:34 pm 

Zorg85 wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/Shinryu%20Heika

Adding useless links on artist profiles (wikipedia for example)
as well as various lyrical themes for many bands (which I'd not trust at all)

And wrong line-ups.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:27 am 

I'll message him. Any specific lineups? I looked a bit but didn't notice anything obvious.

Shinryu Heika
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 am 

about wiki I'm sorry . about line up yes i have source the time album released and current line up.. about lyrics i read the lyrics (mostly Indonesian band which i understand the lyrics.. and comma and space I'm sorry my mistake and my writing habit

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:44 am 

Shinryu Heika wrote:
about line up yes i have source the time album released and current line up

That is not a source. Don't make informed guesses based on lineups and the time of release. Only use definite sources, like the liner notes of the booklet or on the band's website. Album lineups are presented as accurate fact, so they should be added as such.

Shinryu Heika
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:16 pm 

since mostly i modified is my friend band and info direct from band member so it shouldn't be a problem,, only a few of them i search info about them in web

Shinryu Heika
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:37 pm 

if you think my modified band is wrong you can correct them...

ok thanks before ...

Shinryu Heika
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:25 pm 

Next time sure i carefully adding band info/correction from legitimate source
about lyrics before i add lyrical theme i READ TITLE AND MUSIC LYRIC FIRST !! and mostly i add lyrical theme band from indonesia and japanese which i understand well

Thanks

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:46 am 

What's the point of this?! Robert Lowe left ages ago. http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Candlemass/34
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:22 pm 

Perhaps it is not the right picture, showing the current lineup, but it is a valid one. Not exactly point-whoring.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

doomster999

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:40 pm 

I mean was it utmost necessary? When there was a picture consisting of current line-up? (+Mats Leven, -Rob Lowe)
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:38 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/users/gabalgabow is adding links to the main page of labels (Nihilistic Holocaust) on bandpages, as well as lots of other interview links (though they were a long time ago) that I will delete later... unless, someone else volunteers sooner of course.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:36 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Perhaps it is not the right picture, showing the current lineup, but it is a valid one. Not exactly point-whoring.

perhaps not point whoring, but I recall a certain Metal God that I actually respect mentioning that this is the thread where "we" report all perceived wrongdoings, and in my eyes this one is a perceived wrongdoing... he switched from a very current (featuring Candlemass' new singer and keyboard player) and decent resolution photo to one that stopped being valid over a year ago. he may not have had the extra point in mind (I actually doubt he did), but what was his reasoning?

most "experienced" users are spending quite a bit of time on this site, trying to keep it informative and up to date, and it's honestly exasperating when someone changes a photo to an older/resolutionally worse one, or deletes a well-written bio just because they had the points to do so.

I mean, you wouldn't "let it go" if I changed the current Metallica photo to one with Dave Mustaine and Cliff Burton, right?

I'm not personally attacking Immortalon (and, in the unlikely event it's not 100% clear, nor am I attacking Opsius in any way), but ideally I'd like him (:Immortalon) to share his reasoning behind this, and also be told not to do it again. I'd change the photo back myself, but I don't want it to turn into an "edit war", so I shot him a PM asking about it, long before I saw it mentioned here, actually. he hasn't seen it yet.

apologies for the rant :)

doomster999 wrote:
I mean was it utmost necessary? When there was a picture consisting of current line-up? (+Mats Leven, -Rob Lowe)

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:24 am 

Oh, no! He is adding so many albums with wrong titles!
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/KrO ... on_history

doomster999

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:43 am 

Thanks for concurring, aloof. :) Below is a good quality image including Per Wiberg and Mats Leven. If it's ok then someone with higher ranking can change the current image with it.

Spoiler: show

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:09 am 

aloof is correct, such things can be reported here. It was an unnecessary, detrimental update. I have uploaded doomster999's pic, thanks.

BlackenedZeroth wrote:
Oh, no! He is adding so many albums with wrong titles!
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/KrO ... on_history

Warned and lost all points.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 am 

HouseSpiders wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/users/gabalgabow is adding links to the main page of labels (Nihilistic Holocaust) on bandpages, as well as lots of other interview links (though they were a long time ago) that I will delete later... unless, someone else volunteers sooner of course.

Now I've cleared all the mess...

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:05 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Shinryu Heika wrote:
about line up yes i have source the time album released and current line up

That is not a source. Don't make informed guesses based on lineups and the time of release. Only use definite sources, like the liner notes of the booklet or on the band's website. Album lineups are presented as accurate fact, so they should be added as such.

All of these have been cleaned up now, by aaauuuu and myself.

Zorg85
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:46 am 

LordSeth MMT is adding lyrics with capital letters -_-

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Ne ... ado/355377

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:49 am 

Warning sent regarding both one-by-one updates AND the shit capitalisation. :facepalm:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:38 am 

Regarding him adding stuff one-by-one:
Zodijackyl wrote:
He has a weird issue with security policies that cause edits with more than one field changed to time out. To make a long story short, we made an exception to this for him, since he has been good with adding reliable data and isn't abusing it to gain privileges.

He doesn't care about points, just wants to contribute.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:44 am 

Out of curiosity... exactly what kind of "issue with security policies" would that be? I don't understand what that might possibly mean.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 am 

As I remember from an email I received from him after I had first warned him, he has to make do with some ultra-obsolete computer setup at work and every time he tries to input all the stuff at once, he gets an error message that some fields are empty. He even sent me screenshots, but I'm not sure if I have them anymore.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 120  Next