Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:46 pm 

@Bloodshot: Being heavy as hell doesn't always mean it's metal. There is zero thrash or death in this. If you're hearing such influences, then our definitions of the terms are light years apart. If anything, this might fly as groove metal sometimes, but as I said, it goes more in a metal-riff-less tough guy groove rock/nu-metal direction.

@Gruntruck: I'll check and report back.

@Exegutor: Pretty crusty/grindy, I agree with the blacklisting.

@Seker: We're currently discussing the band. Couple of mods (including me) think they're okay. I'll post the final decision here once there is one.

BodomSlayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:10 pm 

That Bloodshot song is awful. The vocalists sounds like he's gargling a bucket of horse shit while he sings.

RobVR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:42 pm 

BodomSlayer wrote:
That Bloodshot song is awful. The vocalists sounds like he's gargling a bucket of horse shit while he sings.

Sorry guy from Bloodshot.. Vocalist sounds like a Goat LOL ... :( Now I feel bad ...

:(

Ramii Muhammed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:33 pm 

i`m trying to add my band but i got rejected bec. as you said .. the band must have a valid release
we made our band by self efforts and we recorded our first EP and working on a Full length
i posted a download link at (4shared.com) when submitting the band for the digital record .. from this link you can download our tracks worldwide .. and we are streaming the tracks on youtube .. but now we can`t afford to sell our music at a fancy website like amazon or i tunes . i think you can consider 4shared.com as an official website where you can download our music .. correct me if i`m wrong please

MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:43 pm 

Why deleted a band I upload "Midnight Prey" http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Midnight_Prey/3540372854 and now other user upload again?

pd.- mortifero from argentina still blacklisted?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:08 pm 

MetalizeR888 wrote:
Why deleted a band I upload "Midnight Prey" http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Midnight_Prey/3540372854 and now other user upload again?

The physical tape hadn't been out yet so they were deleted again. Now the tape is released.

MetalizeR888 wrote:
pd.- mortifero from argentina still blacklisted?

Right, I forgot about that photo. So how many copies are there? How are they being distributed?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:20 pm 

Ramii Muhammed wrote:
i`m trying to add my band but i got rejected bec. as you said .. the band must have a valid release
we made our band by self efforts and we recorded our first EP and working on a Full length
i posted a download link at (4shared.com) when submitting the band for the digital record .. from this link you can download our tracks worldwide .. and we are streaming the tracks on youtube .. but now we can`t afford to sell our music at a fancy website like amazon or i tunes . i think you can consider 4shared.com as an official website where you can download our music .. correct me if i`m wrong please

1. The band's only release seems to be a short digital EP, only around 15 minutes in duration (cover songs don't count). Not quite what we consider a valid digital release.

2. I'm not entirely certain here, but 4shared.com seems to require registration in order to download something? At least it does for me. That sort of restriction adds to the fact that the band does not meet our criteria for lengthy and professional digital-only releases with reasonably public availability. If we accept a band based on an instant hosting link posted on Facebook, we expect that said link at least be readily downloadable.

If I'm wrong about 4shared.com, point 1 still remains.

MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:33 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
The physical tape hadn't been out yet so they were deleted again. Now the tape is released.

That is wrong because the user uglur accepted the band and saw the pictures of the tapes.

MetalizeR888 wrote:
Right, I forgot about that photo. So how many copies are there? How are they being distributed?

They are sending some cds in a few weeks, I only asked to his facebook account.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:58 pm 

MetalizeR888 wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

That is wrong because the user uglur accepted the band and saw the pictures of the tapes.

A mistake was made, then. Perhaps they were only the first copies the band received, but not for sale yet. I recall a report for the demo saying that while the demo was available digitally, the tapes were not out yet, with no set release date at that time. If you check this FB post from November 22nd it appears the band was waiting to release the tape through a label. There is no mention on their page of tapes being available through any other means before that date.

MetalizeR888 wrote:
They are sending some cds in a few weeks, I only asked to his facebook account.

What does that mean exactly? Copies are available in a few weeks? Or are they sending you some copies? We need some more info about distribution and limitation, considering it appears to be a blank CD-R release.

MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:40 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
A mistake was made, then. Perhaps they were only the first copies the band received, but not for sale yet. I recall a report for the demo saying that while the demo was available digitally, the tapes were not out yet, with no set release date at that time. If you check this FB post from November 22nd it appears the band was waiting to release the tape through a label. There is no mention on their page of tapes being available through any other means before that date.

Yes is a mistake, I dont received any advice (like other times). Witchhammer released the tapes the 14th of november, I used that base not the band page.

MetalizeR888 wrote:
What does that mean exactly? Copies are available in a few weeks? Or are they sending you some copies? We need some more info about distribution and limitation, considering it appears to be a blank CD-R release.

They are send me copies in a few weeks. I dont know the limitation, the distribution is for his facebook web.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:58 am 

Azmodes wrote:
@Seker: We're currently discussing the band. Couple of mods (including me) think they're okay. I'll post the final decision here once there is one.

Oh, almost missed this post. Thanks for the re-evaluation. Cheers!

Legion Of Andromeda
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:34 am 

Cheers guys,
I'm in Legion of Andromeda and after registering on the website few weeks ago to add my band I've discovered, to my surprise, that the band has been already submitted and then blacklisted: it seems that someone else submitted the band before us and maybe didn't follow the rules...
Can someone please tell me what happened exactly? Thanks in advance!
-R-

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:18 am 

Legion Of Andromeda wrote:
Cheers guys,
I'm in Legion of Andromeda and after registering on the website few weeks ago to add my band I've discovered, to my surprise, that the band has been already submitted and then blacklisted: it seems that someone else submitted the band before us and maybe didn't follow the rules...
Can someone please tell me what happened exactly? Thanks in advance!
-R-

Blacklisted for not being metal enough and done so only 3 weeks ago.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:37 am 

MetalizeR888 wrote:
Yes is a mistake, I dont received any advice (like other times). Witchhammer released the tapes the 14th of november, I used that base not the band page.

The label page has a news entry from November 22nd:
Quote:
22-11-2013 OUT NOW !!! [..] MIDNIGHT PREY'Demotape 2013(limited 66 handsnumbered copies.)

Before that, there's only news about it "coming soon."

MetalizeR888 wrote:
They are send me copies in a few weeks. I dont know the limitation, the distribution is for his facebook web.

Best to wait until you have the copies, post detailed photos of them and also ask the band about how many they made, then post screenshots of the conversation here.

MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:47 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Quote:
22-11-2013 OUT NOW !!! [..] MIDNIGHT PREY'Demotape 2013(limited 66 handsnumbered copies.)

Next time you have to asked first.
This is from the facebook of WHP: Jerasak Chotisatayangkul
14 de noviembre

WITCHHAMMER PRODS'S NEW TAPE ATTACK !!!!!
MIDNIGHT PREY'DEMO-TAPE'(Heavy Metal) limited 66 copies. OUT NOW!!!
$6Usd. + $4 Usd.postage (registered mail)
สาวกในไทย 150 บาท รวมค่าส่งแบบ ลงทะเบียนแล้ว

It says 14th of November...

MetalizeR888 wrote:
Best to wait until you have the copies, post detailed photos of them and also ask the band about how many they made, then post screenshots of the conversation here.

OK I have to wait his pack.

MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:03 pm 

Azmodes wrote:

Quote:

14 de noviembre

MetalizeR888 wrote:

OK I have to wait his pack.

Dark_Angel_Justin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:30 pm 

@Asmodes

Azmodes wrote:
Being heavy as hell doesn't always mean it's metal. There is zero thrash or death in this. If you're hearing such influences, then our definitions of the terms are light years apart. If anything, this might fly as groove metal sometimes, but as I said, it goes more in a metal-riff-less tough guy groove rock/nu-metal direction.

In this interview they talk about their influences http://www.oocities.org/azrielkris/ibloodshot.html . I don't think they have a sound that is in line with traditional Thrash or Death Metal. But I do feel they were influenced to a minor degree. I would agree with you that they have a more Groove Metal sound. One of the influences they talk about is Pantera so that's probably where it comes from. I think they're sound is more like Pantera, Lamb of God, White Zombie, Devildriver, . I don't think they are Nu-Metal at all. When I think of Nu-Metal I think of Korn and Limp Bizkit. To me Bloodshot doesn't fall into this camp.

NoKnownName
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:38 pm 

Just out of curiosity, why is Body Count blacklisted? Despite the fact they have a rapper as the lead singer, their debut is definitely speed metal with a hint of thrash.

koof
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:23 am 

The band Graveflowers is blacklisted but they are a black metal band (among the more raw/noisier bm bands, with a lot of atmospheric and post-black metal traits), reminiscent of Lonesummer, Rhinocervs bands, etc

Bandcamp:
http://graveflowers.bandcamp.com/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/graveflowersbm

Featured on clandestine cuts:
http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/article.p ... le_id=1341

Music for Downers label, put out the 'Oleander' CS and is also releasing 'The Hyacinth Garden' CS
http://musicfordowners.com/releases
http://www.discogs.com/Graveflowers-Ole ... se/4330146

Most metal song would probably Nightingale from Oleander. Very noisy, heavy, dsbm.

BodomSlayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:09 am 

Dark_Angel_Justin wrote:
@Asmodes

Azmodes wrote:
Being heavy as hell doesn't always mean it's metal. There is zero thrash or death in this. If you're hearing such influences, then our definitions of the terms are light years apart. If anything, this might fly as groove metal sometimes, but as I said, it goes more in a metal-riff-less tough guy groove rock/nu-metal direction.

In this interview they talk about their influences http://www.oocities.org/azrielkris/ibloodshot.html . I don't think they have a sound that is in line with traditional Thrash or Death Metal. But I do feel they were influenced to a minor degree. I would agree with you that they have a more Groove Metal sound. One of the influences they talk about is Pantera so that's probably where it comes from. I think they're sound is more like Pantera, Lamb of God, White Zombie, Devildriver, . I don't think they are Nu-Metal at all. When I think of Nu-Metal I think of Korn and Limp Bizkit. To me Bloodshot doesn't fall into this camp.

Bloodshot are just plain awful. They sound just like nu-metal and the vocals are just awful. The rest of their stuff that I heard on their CD baby page does sound like nu-metal. And just because they are influenced by other metal bands doesn't make them instantly be metal. I could sing music like the Wiggles and say I'm influenced by Graveland and Deathspell Omega but that doesn't make me any more metal.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:40 am 

BodomSlayer, while I share your sentiment about this band, please don't mini-mod. Thanks.

As this particular case confirms once again, influences as cited by bands are often just "stuff we like" and not much more. Bloodshot can talk about whatever they please in interviews. They can also call themselves sludge metal or krautrock, for instance. Doesn't make it any more true to my ears (and I can assure you the site's, i.e. rest of the staff). The band is not predominantly metal.
Quote:
2.HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR MUSICAL STYLE? IT'S VERY DIFFICULT TO BE CATEGORIZED.

:lol: Yeah, very eclectic.

MetalizeR888 wrote:
14 de noviembre

You mean here? Either the post has been removed since then or it can only be seen by his e-friends. No such links were included in your submission anyway, so perhaps uglur discovered something on his own. Perhaps the announcement was premature. Perhaps I'm wrong and the band just worded their post confusingly. Does it really matter? The tape is out now, the band is listed, you haven't lost any points, who cares?

NoKnownName wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why is Body Count blacklisted? Despite the fact they have a rapper as the lead singer, their debut is definitely speed metal with a hint of thrash.

It doesn't say. But the search function yields this.

koof wrote:
The band Graveflowers is blacklisted but they are a black metal band (among the more raw/noisier bm bands, with a lot of atmospheric and post-black metal traits), reminiscent of Lonesummer, Rhinocervs bands, etc

Bandcamp:

Facebook:

Music for Downers label, put out the 'Oleander' CS and is also releasing 'The Hyacinth Garden' CS

Most metal song would probably Nightingale from Oleander. Very noisy, heavy, dsbm.

Blacklist says it's ambient/post-rock/noise. I've checked the album on bandcamp and agree.

MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:22 am 

Azmodes wrote:
MetalizeR888 wrote:
14 de noviembre

You mean here? Either the post has been removed since then or it can only be seen by his e-friends. No such links were included in your submission anyway, so perhaps uglur discovered something on his own. Perhaps the announcement was premature. Perhaps I'm wrong and the band just worded their post confusingly. Does it really matter? The tape is out now, the band is listed, you haven't lost any points, who cares?

The post still there... I put the photo of the tapes and then uglur accepted the band. The next time be more proffesional and ask before deleted a band without any advice, OK? Thanks.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:30 am 

I do apologise if I was premature, but I still can't find the post you mention. Could you link directly to it?

uglur said he thinks that the tape might have been up for purchase when he approved them. From the looks of it now, I guess the sale was delayed or something. I have asked the band directly just to clear this up. :) (and for adding the correct release date to the current entry)

MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:28 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
I do apologise if I was premature, but I still can't find the post you mention. Could you link directly to it?

uglur said he thinks that the tape might have been up for purchase when he approved them. From the looks of it now, I guess the sale was delayed or something. I have asked the band directly just to clear this up. :) (and for adding the correct release date to the current entry)

This is the link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151712050692595&set=a.10150108085402595.281689.663957594&type=1&theater

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:31 pm 

"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

EDIT: I've just received an answer from the band, confirming the November 22nd release date for the Witchhammer Productions tape.

HeavyMetalAmerica
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:02 pm 

I was wondering why Beyond The Throne (USA) was blacklisted. I couldn't find them on this thread. Thanks.

http://beyondthethrone.com/albums/seduc ... ngle-2013/
https://www.facebook.com/TondOfficial

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:07 pm 

HeavyMetalAmerica wrote:
I was wondering why Beyond The Throne (USA) was blacklisted. I couldn't find them on this thread. Thanks.

http://beyondthethrone.com/albums/seduc ... ngle-2013/

No notes on this band to know why but I listened to a few tracks and it's very -core.

MetalizeR888
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:50 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

EDIT: I've just received an answer from the band, confirming the November 22nd release date for the Witchhammer Productions tape.

Next time contact the label.

BodomSlayer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:10 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
BodomSlayer, while I share your sentiment about this band, please don't mini-mod. Thanks.

As this particular case confirms once again, influences as cited by bands are often just "stuff we like" and not much more. Bloodshot can talk about whatever they please in interviews. They can also call themselves sludge metal or krautrock, for instance. Doesn't make it any more true to my ears (and I can assure you the site's, i.e. rest of the staff). The band is not predominantly metal.
Quote:
2.HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR MUSICAL STYLE? IT'S VERY DIFFICULT TO BE CATEGORIZED.

:lol: Yeah, very eclectic.

MetalizeR888 wrote:
14 de noviembre

NoKnownName wrote:

It doesn't say. But the search function yields this.

koof wrote:

Bandcamp:

Facebook:

Blacklist says it's ambient/post-rock/noise. I've checked the album on bandcamp and agree.

Sorry about that, ha ha. I realized after I posted that it probably came off that way and was not my original intention. Strangely, however, I had thought about putting something along those lines in my original post. That band is just so awful I can't believe they actually have a dedicated fan base. Woof.

HeavyMetalAmerica
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:13 pm 

Lurid Reign was rejected on the basis that they did not have an official release. Although they do have a random conglomeration of songs on their ReverbNation page, their Bandcamp has an EP entitled An Ode To The Night, and Cold​.​.​.. The rules state that "DIGITAL-ONLY RELEASES: Include links to sites like Bandcamp...where the release can be purchased or downloaded." Their Bandcamp is http://luridreign.bandcamp.com/album/an ... nd-cold-ep. Granted that is is not very long, it is an official release. Thanks.

PiotrB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:38 am 

HeavyMetalAmerica wrote:
Lurid Reign was rejected on the basis that they did not have an official release. Although they do have a random conglomeration of songs on their ReverbNation page, their Bandcamp has an EP entitled An Ode To The Night, and Cold​.​.​.. The rules state that "DIGITAL-ONLY RELEASES: Include links to sites like Bandcamp...where the release can be purchased or downloaded." Their Bandcamp is http://luridreign.bandcamp.com/album/an ... nd-cold-ep. Granted that is is not very long, it is an official release. Thanks.

And there is also something about lenght of digital release...
Their EP is about 10 minutes. In rules we have 30 minutes for being valid digital release.
Sometimes I accept shorter releases but come on...

Alhadis
Madder Max

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:13 am 

Yeah, that release barely scratches 10 minutes. 20 minutes is pretty much the scantest minimum for an acceptable digital release in most cases... Sorry.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:34 am 

MetalizeR888 wrote:
Next time contact the label.

So either the band lied to me or they are misinformed about the release date of their own debut demo? I guess everything's possible, but since the label site itself says 22nd now, I suspect that even if copies were available in some small quantities sooner (probably just a premature announcement), the 22nd is now considered the official release date for the physical version. Since the difference is only a few days anyway and evidence for the 14th is nebulous while the 22nd is confirmed by both the label and the band, we'll stick with the latter.

VanitasVanitatum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:25 pm 

https://myspace.com/firebrasil/music/songs

This is the song sample of Fire (BRA)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:31 pm 

VanitasVanitatum wrote:
https://myspace.com/firebrasil/music/songs

This is the song sample of Fire (BRA)

Well, like you yourself wrote in the genre field, this is hard rock. Not metal.

HeavyMetalAmerica
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:30 pm 

Alhadis wrote:
Yeah, that release barely scratches 10 minutes. 20 minutes is pretty much the scantest minimum for an acceptable digital release in most cases... Sorry.

PiotrB wrote:
HeavyMetalAmerica wrote:

And there is also something about length of digital release...
Their EP is about 10 minutes. In rules we have 30 minutes for being valid digital release.
Sometimes I accept shorter releases but come on...

Alright, thanks for the clarification. I'll just wait for something longer to be put out. Thanks

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:59 pm 

Why Ахерон from Russia is blacklisted?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:46 pm 

Mostly neofolk with a small amount of metal songs. The entry was added earlier this year so unless they've released a predominantly metal release since June, the band will stay on the blacklist.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

RobVR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 pm 

Rob's Valid Release wrote:
Hey Buddy I think you didn't listen to our music... I don know where is the Noise and the non metal riffs...

Some songs sound acceptable, others are borderline. Without a full release to listen to and evaluate, I'm not comfortable unblacklisting the band until we can be sure you've a 100% obviously metallic release in your discography. Bands like Spasm, Fecalizer and Paracoccy are here because at least one of their albums are fully metal. So the whole "but you accepted X, why not Y?!" argument will never work.

Also, we don't judge on live performances. We judge bands by their recorded material...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello amigos..

Any chance to review our EP (fecal addiction)?

Dear friends this is our recorded material please listen to it and provide your comments.. I think its ¨metal-grindcore¨ and and like I've said before Spasm, Guttalax, Fecalizer and many more approved band Style.. We are a mix of heavy/fast riffs and drums, extreme vocals and powerful bass and tons of energy and professionalism!!!!

Enjoy and let me know if anyone need a copy and will send

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMsqmGu ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by RobVR on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark_Forever
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:54 pm 

Why is the portuguese band BIZARRA LOCOMOTIVA blacklisted? They're one of portuguese most famous Metal acts, with 20 years of activity. They play Industrial Metal. I understand that you don't accept Industrial bands like Rammstein and such, but Bizarra Locomotiva are much heavier, they use Metal riffs, gutural voice and they can only be seen on stage with other Metal bands, including a participation in the biggest portuguese Metal festival, Vagos Open Air. If this isn't Metal, what is it?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250 ... 541  Next