Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:31 pm 

redstar2112 wrote:
Sorry to trouble you with this stupid question, but how do I delete my account?

You cannot. The most you can do is delete all the info displayed on your profile and edit all the text out of your posts.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:29 pm 

Check out question #4 in here:

Click Me!
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:10 pm 

I have a complaint: All of the recently closed threads say use the right thread, but I keep clicking on the right and all I get are random user profiles. What's up with that?

Heh...yeah, I'll go now...

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:26 pm 

...By right thread they mean the correct thread.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:27 pm 

Obscurum wrote:
...By right thread they mean the correct thread.

Dude, he knows that. He was making a silly joke.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:29 pm 

I thought so, but this thread isn't exactly supposed to be a comedic one.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:03 pm 

It isn't, that's why I warned him. Probably should have done away with that post too.

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:19 pm 

Argh, I'm getting tired of seeing this "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes." bug. It usually occurs after I've searched for something, hit the back button, then try to search for something else, but it has occurred when I don't do that.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 pm 

joppek wrote:
when editing a post, the button says "submit" rather than "save" - makes the editor wonder if they're actually editing rather than making a double post by mistake

joppek wrote:
the thread icon legend is missing three of the icons (New posts, New posts [ Popular ] & New posts [ Locked ])

also, the legend doesn't mention that yellow means you have posted in the thread

just bumping these since there's been no response to either one...

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:30 pm 

I have an issue. How do I turn off the forum thread subscription feature? I wandered into my control panel and "unmarked" and deleted all of the topic subscriptions I had before, (there was only one), and until that point, I never received an email about it and now every time I post in a topic, it automatically gets added to this subscription list and I get an email every time somebody posts in that specific thread. It's really clogging up my email. How do I make this stop?

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:34 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
I have an issue. How do I turn off the forum thread subscription feature? I wandered into my control panel and "unmarked" and deleted all of the topic subscriptions I had before, (there was only one), and until that point, I never received an email about it and now every time I post in a topic, it automatically gets added to this subscription list and I get an email every time somebody posts in that specific thread. It's really clogging up my email. How do I make this stop?

I assume you're using the Quick Reply box whenever you type a response? Press "Full Editor" next to the submit button, and then underneath the text field there should be a series of five check boxes. Uncheck "Notify me when a reply is posted".

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:38 pm 

viewtopic.php?p=2337091#p2337091
This post, the 81st of the thread, is invisible when viewed in standard sorting order. Instead you see only the next post: viewtopic.php?p=2337092#p2337092
Reversing the sorting order makes it visible, but makes the second post of the thread vanish (which is now the 81st displayed).

I'm using FF24, but it is reproducable in IE10.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:31 pm 

Yeah, nope. Now ANY TIME I go to respond to ANYTHING, it automatically checks that notify button. I'm sorry, but I'm not clicking off a checkbox EVERY TIME I post a reply to a thread. It'd be really great if this was either set to default off, or there was a master override in the control panel where I can just turn off the subscription feature altogether. It's a pain in my ass and it's still clogging my email.

Hi, I'm an idiot.

Last edited by ~Guest 98976 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gelordum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:49 pm 

FasterDisaster, dude, check the preferences carefully, there is already such function. Simply go here and do the same as on the screenshot:

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:17 am 

Whatever happened to the free music downloads thread?
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:54 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Metal81 wrote:
Out of curiosity, why was this taken off the stickies on the first page?

Because, back when the thread was started, official band-sanctioned download links were sort of a rarity, so the thread had a lot of cool stuff. However, with the advent of things like Bandcamp, loads of bands are using it as a platform to give away free music. As you can see, the thread basically became a promo thread that hung out in the Metal Discussion forum. People who are in bands or who otherwise want to promote bands that have music available for free, official download are of course free to make threads in the promo forum.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:07 pm 

Missed it. Thanks, man.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Worthless_Dream
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:23 pm 

Just a minor thing; why isn't Azmodes in the moderator list at the top of the page? just from observations I think he is a moderator on all forums and the main site.

Obscurum
Emperor of the Shadows

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:30 pm 

Worthless_Dream wrote:
Just a minor thing; why isn't Azmodes in the moderator list at the top of the page? just from observations I think he is a moderator on all forums and the main site.

Weird. He's a global mod meaning a forum mod + administrator on the site. And OpsiusCato should be grouped in with the site mods ...

Worthless_Dream
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:40 pm 

I am fairly certain that OpsiusCato has the ability of forum mods in this particular sub forum, that's why he is shown there in this forum but not in the other ones.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:43 pm 

This is nothing short of an outrage and I will not stand for it. If this debasing oversight is not remedied soon, I'll quit.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:44 pm 

All orange mods have the ability of forum mods in the S&C and not just Opsius. This little detail will be fixed soon, don't worry.

No, Austria needs you!!!!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:29 am 

XcKyle93 wrote:
Argh, I'm getting tired of seeing this "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes." bug. It usually occurs after I've searched for something, hit the back button, then try to search for something else, but it has occurred when I don't do that.

Hey guys, I'm still having this annoying problem :/.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 pm 

Can we do something about threads that have vague titles? They're obnoxious, and give almost no indication as to what they're discussing. I'll link some examples as to what I mean.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=102435

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103048

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:01 am 

I noticed this happened a while back, and has yet to be rectified. Under the Members tab at the top of the page, you can't sort by "Username Begins With" anymore. You click on the tab and nothing comes down.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:41 am 

For some reason, when I click my mouse's wheel button on a link to access a new page without leaving my current one, the new tab opens, BUT, the tab where that link is also opens the new page. This only happens in this site so I guess it's not my mouse nor my computer. I wonder if anybody else has had this thing going on.

Edit: Oops, so it seems that this issue was already addressed. Feel free to delete this post.

Exigence

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:38 pm 

The stacked book logo on the top left of the screen links to the forum. Meanwhile, the link on the top right (which is underscored by "Message Board" leads to the main site. Seems like that should be switched.

Terminus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:23 pm 

I've been getting a page with this popping up quite a bit today.

Quote:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

J_Ason
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:33 pm 

I just had some weird results in regards to the character limit while editing my sig. Quotation marks (") count as six characters. Text within a url tag doesn't count towards the limit, unless it includes a space. The [url=link]and[/url] blocks only count as one character each, which I guess is intended, but if you add a space inside one of the blocks, the characters within that block as well as the characters between the blocks count. It doesn't matter if you make it [/u rl] or if you just add a space in the link. If you add a space in both blocks, all characters count, and the characters between the blocks don't count twice. If you just add a bunch of letters within the blocks, so that it becomes e.g. [/ur83koe3352l] and the block doesn't work, that doesn't do anything to the character count.

In general, this seems to count as two characters:

[a=b]c[d]

where a, b, c, d are strings of text without spaces and a has nonzero length

Edit: case in point, my sig.
Spoiler: show
Code:
[size=100]Check[/size] [size=100]out[/size] my [size=100]blog:[/size] [url=http://theblrpperspective.blogspot.se/]theblrpperspective.blogspot.se[/url]
[size=100]Here's[/size] [size=100]what[/size] [size=100]people[/size] [size=100]are[/size] [size=100]saying[/size] [size=100]about[/size] [size=100]it:[/size]
[size=100]"Opinions[/size] on [size=100]the[/size] [size=100]internet?[/size] [size=100]Holy[/size] [size=100]cow![/size] [size=100]This[/size] is [size=100]amazing"[/size] - [size=100]that[/size] [size=100]guy[/size] [size=100]from[/size] [size=100]that[/size] [size=100]thing[/size]
[size=100]"Such[/size] [size=100]beauty[/size] [size=100]inspires[/size] [size=100]one[/size] to [size=100]give[/size] [size=100]the[/size] [size=100]gift[/size] of [size=100]murder"[/size] - [size=100]Lord[/size] [size=100]Worm[/size]
[size=100]"I[/size] [size=100]concur"[/size] - [size=100]John[/size] [size=100]Wilkes[/size] [size=100]Booth[/size]
[size=100]"I[/size] [size=100]have[/size] [size=100]been[/size] [size=100]shot[/size] in [size=100]the[/size] [size=100]head,[/size] [size=100]but[/size] at [size=100]least[/size] I [size=100]got[/size] to [size=100]read[/size] [size=100]that[/size] [size=100]kickass[/size] [size=100]blog"[/size] - [size=100]Abraham[/size] [size=100]Lincoln[/size]
[size=100]"69205[/size] [size=100]outrageous[/size] [size=100]articles[/size] [size=100]you[/size] [size=100]wish[/size] [size=100]you'd[/size] [size=100]read[/size] [size=100]sooner[/size] [size=100]blah[/size] [size=100]blah[/size] [size=100]blah[/size] [size=100]change[/size] [size=100]your[/size] [size=100]life[/size] [size=100]jawdropping[/size] [size=100]90s[/size] [size=100]kids[/size] [size=100]clickbait"[/size] - [size=100]Buzzfeed[/size]

Check out my blog: theblrpperspective.blogspot.se
Here's what people are saying about it:
"Opinions on the internet? Holy cow! This is amazing" - that guy from that thing
"Such beauty inspires one to give the gift of murder" - Lord Worm
"I concur" - John Wilkes Booth
"I have been shot in the head, but at least I got to read that kickass blog" - Abraham Lincoln
"69205 outrageous articles you wish you'd read sooner blah blah blah change your life jawdropping 90s kids clickbait" - Buzzfeed
"I concur" -John Wilkes Booth
"I have been shot in the head, but at least I got to read that kickass blog" -Abraham Lincoln

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:39 am 

Not sure if this is the correct place to mention this, but anyways... The last couple of days I seem to have problems with loading the forum and the MA encyclopedia (sometimes it seems to hang for half a minute or so, and refreshing will eventually help load the specific page after some time...) is the site and forum having some server issues lately or is this just me ? I don't see anything announced concerning server problems (or maintenance) or anything like that so I just wanted to be sure by asking... Thx.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:59 am 

Machine_Dead wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct place to mention this, but anyways... The last couple of days I seem to have problems with loading the forum and the MA encyclopedia (sometimes it seems to hang for half a minute or so, and refreshing will eventually help load the specific page after some time...) is the site and forum having some server issues lately or is this just me ? I don't see anything announced concerning server problems (or maintenance) or anything like that so I just wanted to be sure by asking... Thx.

Server was on the fritz late Friday night. Also note that the site does a nightly backup (used to be around 1am EST though this may be different now), during which the server tends to go up and down. This may be why it hangs for short periods and then loads fine.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:58 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
(used to be around 1am EST though this may be different now)

Sleepless Floridian, can confirm it's still around this time. 1-1:30 am EST, the site is deader than Dead.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:04 am 

The backups run at around 1 AM EST and generally slow down the site to a crawl. -_-

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:42 pm 

I added Bal-Sagoth's demo reissue today. It can be seen on the discography tab in 3 versions now. I used "add another version" from the original release's page. For Example Darkthrone's 'Soulside Journey' does not show on their discography tab, even though it was released in 1991 and reissued in 2003 (as seen in its "other versions" tab).

Then on Bal-Sagoth's vinyl reissue, I wasn't able to add songs to side B. I tried with 2 browsers (Firefox and Opera). The songs always went to side A (songs 4 & 5).

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:45 pm 

Wrong thread.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:11 pm 

I've noticed I get the occasional 404 error on the forum, albeit very rarely. It happened to me this morning when I went to the metal discussion forum. A simple refresh fixes it though.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:21 pm 

MorbidEngel wrote:
I've noticed I get the occasional 404 error on the forum, albeit very rarely. It happened to me this morning when I went to the metal discussion forum. A simple refresh fixes it though.

This has been happening to me for as long as I can remember.

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:38 am 

I am not sure if this is the right one to ask this question but sometimes I see bands with an additional note that doesn't feel relevant anymore (though this is arguable).
For example this one: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Resurrected/6772
It states that: "Ben and Stefan Bays are brothers.", good to know, however Stefan left the band. Is this additional note still relevant or not anymore. I know it is really minor but I just want to know if that is a reason to ask for an edit or not. I don't recall all others but I just see from time to time remarks about band members that left that isn't that relevant. And then I don't mean that a band was started by one but he left, since that is really relevant of course.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:45 am 

This is a forum about forum bugs - so definitely not the right thread - but the answer... they are still brothers and both are listed in the overall lineup, so yes, it's still relevant.

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:13 am 

ok, sorry, wasn't really sure which one is the right one.
I agree that they are still brothers etc. but personally I don't see that as relevant point anymore, but is just my opinion and I can agree on your point as well :)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next