Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:03 am 

Any plans for dutch Ceremony 'Tyranny from Above'?

"You make it easy."

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:27 am 

News from Voices:

"Vic Records will finally release the EXPULSION compilation "Certain Corpses Never Decay" this spring. It will feature both 1989 demos ("Cerebral Cessation" and "Veiled In The Mists Of Mystery"), an unreleased 2-track 7" from 1990 and a compilation only track. The entire material was remastered by Tomas Skogsberg at Sunlight Studio, the coverart was created by WATAIN's Erik Danielsson and the booklet features liner notes by EXPULSION guitarist Stefan Lagergren (ex - TREBLINKA / TIAMAT, now with MR.DEATH). More EXPULSION at http://www.facebook.com/pages/expulsion/191657390849316"

"You make it easy."

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:25 pm 

According to this Bandcamp page, Final Agony Records is planning to reissue a large chunk of the untitled Rhinocervs releases later this year. :hyper: Rejoice!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 pm 

So, I've been listening to the 20th Adversary Of Emptiness compilation (the Demilich reissue, duh!) and I have to say that I'm positively shocked! The sound quality is perfectly absurd throughout the first 28 songs present, with only the 29th and last one being sub-par. But then again that's a rehearsal/demo track that was apparently never mixed/mastered. It's still listenable though. Nespithe is like I've never heard it before, with an amount of clarity in the instruments that is bone-chilling, yet none of the feel of the album has been lost. Same goes for the demos, which sound absolutely fantastic!

In short, buy this fucking thing! :p

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:07 pm 

Ugh, lucky! Mine hasn't arrived yet.

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 am 

i've come home from work every day this week hoping that my demilich CD is there waiting but to no avail. That description just increases my anticipation, cannot wait to get it and give it a spin

The Animator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:36 pm 

androdion wrote:
So, I've been listening to the 20th Adversary Of Emptiness compilation (the Demilich reissue, duh!) and I have to say that I'm positively shocked! The sound quality is perfectly absurd throughout the first 28 songs present, with only the 29th and last one being sub-par. But then again that's a rehearsal/demo track that was apparently never mixed/mastered. It's still listenable though. Nespithe is like I've never heard it before, with an amount of clarity in the instruments that is bone-chilling, yet none of the feel of the album has been lost. Same goes for the demos, which sound absolutely fantastic!

In short, buy this fucking thing! :p

I got it in the mail yesterday and completely agree. I noticed things about the songs that I hadn't before.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:24 am 

Look who's back, kuntz.

Nice idea for a thread.

http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/force- ... -vinyl.asp

OUT EARLY MARCH 2014.

Once again, HELLS HEADBANGERS presses a modern underground gem onto the unholiest of formats, vinyl: FORCE OF DARKNESS' nuclear-powered second album, Darkness Revelation! Formed in 2002 in cult metal hotbed Chile, FORCE OF DARKNESS have been patiently perfecting their craft across a number of splits and demos, but it was 2010's Darkness Revelation where the power-trio really came into their own. On one hand, the influences across Darkness Revelation are clear as day - classic Sarcofago, Kreator, Vulcano, and Sodom, all 1986 vintage - but on the other, more important hand, FORCE OF DARKNESS know how to blacken the night with absolutely feral execution and immediately memorable songs brimming with everything that makes black/death so timeless. And at a lean 'n' mean 45 minutes, it's the perfect length to get in, get out, and DESTROY everything in its path. For the first time on vinyl LP, witness Darkness Revelation!

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:11 pm 

Negura Bunget-Om

Pre-orders just went up this morning. Down to 4 copies on black and 28 copies on splatter.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:48 pm 

Small update on the Coroner reissues for those who are interested. The band now has all of the first four albums up for sale on their webstore, still for the hefty sum of 17€ plus shipping. I was reading through the terms of service, since there were some doubts concerning shipping last time this was brought up, and what I've learned about it is that even if you pay they must accept the transaction. And if you checkout with Paypal without paying the shipping they won't accept it (and supposedly refund that amount). There's a small note there explaining that you need to checkout via their forms as to be able to add the shipping value, so the copies of PFD I bought for me and a friend ended up costing me over 19€ each! Yeah... :annoyed:

Anyway, I'm done with the band since it was the last one I needed to buy, so that eases it up a bit on the bile. Bad news though is that Marky is out of the band, with the twist being that he's most likely out because Ron and Tommy are planning to release new material. But that's a completely different story. ;)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:41 pm 

Has anyone bought the Coroner reissues of RIP and No More Color? I'd like to compare the sound quality between the new (specifically non-remastered) reissues released by the band and the ones from Noise/Sanctuary I own. Could someone please send me or upload a song of each album ripped at CBR320 Kbps? Pleeease?! ;)

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:01 pm 

Any new word on those Cancer reissues? I did a quick search and didn't really find much aside from the initial news when they were announced.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:43 am 

Ok, so I'm continuously bumping this thread. Sue me. :p

In the great words of Professor Farnsworth, "Good news everyone!". It seems that Hammerheart Records will be putting out the reissue for both Phlebotomized albums! Note the post from February 23rd.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phleboto ... 9653797208

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:11 pm 

Haha, yeah I'd just checked the other night to see how far back the thread had fallen. There hasn't been much news, at least that I can find, to merit any updates. Well, apart from that Phlebotomized, which I'm sure I'll be checking out.

Also, I assume by "first quarter" this means by the end of March, but who knows where things stand, officially:
Spoiler: show

edit: whoops, that was a big 'un

Pestbesmittad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:02 am 

SkullFracturingNightmare wrote:
Any new word on those Cancer reissues? I did a quick search and didn't really find much aside from the initial news when they were announced.

Out in April/May according to the latest info.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:38 am 

Amazon is showing the pre-order for Leprosy, set for April 29.
http://www.amazon.com/Leprosy-Death/dp/B00IQFC0BI/

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:36 pm 

It's me again bitches! :p

Phlebotomized reissue available for pre-order. You're welcome. :D

Doom777
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:14 am 

DEATH LEPROSY VINYL REISSUE PREORDER RELAPSE RECORDS SITE
you're welcome

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:31 am 

I should've posted this earlier, but Relapse released a song from the Leprosy reissue:

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:40 pm 

Just saw these pop up on another forum:

CD

CD and t-shirt

I have no clue what the source is for this next one, however, as the poster didn't include a link. I didn't find anything on either the main site or the Facebook page of Ulver and Century Media.
Quote:
Century Media has announced the ultimate box set (anthology) of ULVER. This release will present the formative (metal) years of Ulver, and its title is Trolsk Sortmetall 1993-1997.

It will contain the albums Bergtatt (1994), Kveldssanger (1995) and Nattens Madrigal (1996), collectively known as The Trilogie – Three Journeyes Through The Norwegian Netherworlde (released under this title as a 1000 limited edition triple picture vinyl box set in 1997).

Additional contents will be the band’s rudimentary but legendary demo tape Vargnatt (1993) plus the rare compilation track ‘Synen’ (Cthulhu Records 1997) as well as a recently unearthed 4-track rehearsal recording of tracks from Nattens Madrigal, which have been a well-kept secret until this very day.

With the exception of Nattens Madrigal, which is still the ferocious sounding black beast it always was, but now has a slightly more compassionate re-mastering courtesy of Tom Kvalsvoll at Strype Audio, Oslo, all the material has been carefully and considerably re-mastered to analog tape by Jaime Gomes Arellano in Orgone Studios, London and consulted by Ulver’s mastermind Kristoffer Rygg.

Mark Pilkington, of Strange Attractor Press UK, will be supplying liner notes offering a hermetic look into the early history and histrionics of Ulver, whilst Jon `Metalion` Kristiansen, author and publisher of Slayer Mag and founder of Head Not Found Records (where Bergtatt and Kveldssanger were originally released), will write his personal reminiscence about his relations with this massively influential band.

Trolsk Sortmetall 1993–1997 will be released as a brazen 5-CD box set with a canvas-bound slipcase and 100+ page booklet as well as a 4LP box (plus cassette). The entire layout will be done by Metastazis, Paris, who has previously worked with Ulver and has for this design been given access to lots of never before seen archival material.

With a total playing time of nearly three hours, Trolsk Sortmetall 1993-1997 is bound to become an essential epitome documenting the nascent days of these Norwegian (black) metal luminaries.

Important note from Century Media: “As many of you might have noticed, the albums Bergtatt and Kveldssanger have recently been bootlegged on vinyl, allegedly by two European labels (one from Belgium, one from the Netherlands). Those bootlegs both look and sound sub par. We highly advise you not to spend a single penny on any of those rip-off releases. If you are one of those who have been waiting patiently for these classic albums to finally get released on high quality vinyl, please wait for a few more months and get the definitive official editions instead, fully supported by the band. We guarantee you good things come to those who wait!”

Complete details to follow.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 pm 

Oh, finally, the Dawn reissues are starting to appear on the CM site.

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Dawn_-_Nae ... DER-/47444

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Dawn_-_Nae ... DER-/47497

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Dawn_-_The ... DER-/47445

Evoken
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:36 am 

This was a surprise to me, but Emperor's album "In the Nightside Eclipse" turns 20 this year, and in celebration, Candlelight Records are reissuing it as a 2CD set with lots of bonus tracks:

Deluxe hard-back Digibook, Double CD presentation - Bonus disc with previously unheard alternative mix of whole album. Additional previously unheard bonus tracks - All tracks re-mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios, 2014.

Disc 1:
In The Nightside Eclipse (re-mastered)
1. Introduction
2. Into the Infinity of Thoughts
3. The Burning Shadows of Silence
4. Cosmic Keys to my Creations & Times
5. Beyond the Great Vast Forest
6. Towards the Pantheon
7. The Majesty of the Nightsky
8. I am the Black Wizards
9. Inno a Satana
As The Shadows Rise 7 EP 1994 (re-mastered)
1. The Ancient Queen
2. Witches Sabbath
3. Lord of the Storms
Disc 2:
In The Nightside Eclipse, alternative mix 1993 (previously unreleased)
1. Introduction
2. Into the Infinity of Thoughts
3. The Burning Shadows of Silence
4. Cosmic Keys to my Creations & Times
5. Beyond the Great Vast Forest
6. Towards the Pantheon
7. The Majesty of the Nightsky
8. I am the Black Wizards
9. Inno a Satana
The Akkerhaugen Tapes 1993 (previously unreleased)
1. The Majesty of the Nightsky (4-track pre-prod. 1993)
2. The Burning Shadows of Silence (pre-prod. rehearsal 1993)
3. I am the Black Wizards (rehearsal 1993)

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:24 pm 

Guess you just missed the big picture... :ah-ha:

krakhuul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:51 pm 

I'm really hoping that the dynamics will be preserved on the Dawn reissue. What do you guys think the chances are of the remaster fucking them up? As far as I recall, the Sacramentum reissue, which was remastered by Swanö as well, was pretty much the same volume-wise as the Adipocere version.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:48 pm 

The Sacramentum remaster is actually pretty good when compared to the original. You can distinguish the drums and guitars a bit better. Dawn's first album was apparently never mastered, like the original versions of Brave Murder Day. Considering that, properly mastering it may end up making it sound closer to Slaughtersun in terms of feel. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:49 am 

Anyone has some info on the New Re-issues of the God Macabre - The Winterlong Cd and LP?

What i've heard, was that Relapse is doing these. With a Newly Recorded old song as Bonus Track. Confirmed by Jonas of GM. But no date is set so far? Im realy curious coz i need that one badly.

Any info would be helpful.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:50 am 

I hope they come out before July because I'm going to see the band here in Portugal by that time. Oh yeah, GM playing 100Km from my home, fuck yeah! :D

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:01 am 

Didnt help me with the info. But you're damn right. will see em also at the NDF.. awesome

Nordvis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:05 am 

Dråpsnatt - Hymner till Undergången (2010) will be re-issued this year, and we've got a bonus track that's previously unreleased on it as well.

http://www.nordvis.com/nordvis-welcomes ... -the-fold/
SKOGEN - Vittra, DigiCD

PRE-ORDERS:
MURG - Varg & Björn, CD/MC
LUSTRE - Blossom, CD

http://www.nordvis.com
http://www.facebook.com/nordvis
http://nordvis.bandcamp.com

Last edited by Nordvis on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:20 pm 

Glad to see you on here Nordvis! You've been putting out some killer stuff lately, and really stoked you signed Dråpsnatt.

Nordvis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:12 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Glad to see you on here Nordvis! You've been putting out some killer stuff lately, and really stoked you signed Dråpsnatt.

Cheers, we're very happy that we've managed to keep the quality of our releases high as ever this past year even as the quantity has increased. The signing of Dråpsnatt means we can keep that up even easier.
SKOGEN - Vittra, DigiCD

PRE-ORDERS:
LUSTRE - Blossom, CD

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:55 am 

Nordvis wrote:
Dråpsnatt - Hymner till Undergången (2010) will be re-issued this year, and we've got a bonus track that's previously unreleased on it as well.

http://www.nordvis.com/nordvis-welcomes ... -the-fold/

This album is absolutely great and I am happy to see that you will release the new album as well, its a great band.

Nordvis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:37 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
This album is absolutely great and I am happy to see that you will release the new album as well, its a great band.

Glad to hear it! We have set a releasedate for this re-issue now which is set at May 19th, more information available at http://www.nordvis.com/hymner-till-unde ... formation/
SKOGEN - Vittra, DigiCD

PRE-ORDERS:
LUSTRE - Blossom, CD

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:27 am 

Moonblood-Blut and Krieg official repress by Iron Bonehead

Ulver-The Trilgie repress with bonus material by CM.

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:28 am 

All 3 Dissection albums are getting a repress through The End.

rafa_hell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 pm 

Anyone could please tell if the quality of the reissues of Coroner are different ?

Cheers

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:18 am 

rafa_hell wrote:
Anyone could please tell if the quality of the reissues of Coroner are different ?

Cheers

They're not remastered, so I'd say they're more in line with the original sound.

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:38 pm 

jump on it of you are interested. they are available now for pre order.

http://www.relapse.com/label/the-winterlong-t-shirt-bundle.html

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:23 pm 

I'm assuming the "late 2013" bit means this rollout began last year -- which I guess makes sense, as some are already available. I only saw it posted to Facebook last night. Never even heard of most of these bands, and it obviously isn't the sort of reissue project that goes back too many years, but the stuff I checked out on youtube sounded really cool.

http://www.darker-than-black.com/

Darker Than Black Records wrote:
Starting in late 2013, D.T.B. Records is releasing the back catalogue (as well as upcoming records) of Ancient Records, from Sweden, on limited compact disc (jewelcase or digipack) and 7" EP.

Ancient Records release many unique bands and projects: Acerbitas, Bekëth Nexëhmü, Balwezo Westijiz, Dödfödd, Esh, Grav, Grifteskymfning, Helgedom, Hädanfärd, Kaos Sacramentum, Mystik, Remigius, Svartrit, Summum, Urkaos, Vanskapt...

Out now:
* Kaos Sacramentum - Bloodcurse Stigmata (CD)
* Kaos Sacramentum - Avgrundens konst (CD)
* Kaos Sacramentum - Förneka den fysiska lekamen (CD)
* Kaos Sacramentum - Scars of Revelation (CD)

Coming next:
* Hädanfärd - Destruktiva Reflektioner (EP)
* Bekëth Nexëhmü - De Svarta Riterna (CD)
* Bekëth Nexëhmü - De Urtida Makterna (EP)
* Bekëth Nexëhmü - De Underjordiska Valserna (EP)
* Hädanfärd - Smutsiga Sinnen (CD)

Meanwhile, limited merchandise for Grav, Grifteskymfning and Hädanfärd is made available from our worldwide distributor, Merchant of Death.
http://www.black-metal-mailorder.com/

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 am 

Finally... may 26th

http://maceration.bigcartel.com/product ... f-agony-cd

"You make it easy."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next