Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:42 pm 

Well, they had announced with some sense of certainty that there wouldn't be any more live shows following his leaving of the UK, but they still had plans re: recording and such. But whatever the reality of the situation was, they later released this statement:

Quote:
As some people (internet journalists, mainly) seem to be incapable of interpreting information, we would like to announce here, officially with no chance of misinterpretation, CRUCIAMENTUM HAS NOT SPLIT UP. Following a period of uncertainty towards future live activity, we are in the final stages of composing for our debut full length album and hope to start recording in 2014. No further details are available as yet. We are also open to offers for live dates in 2014.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:48 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
iamntbatman wrote:
Fortunately for the world that was an unfounded rumor and they're working on their debut full length.

I'm late, but this was hardly an "unfounded rumor". The band made a Facebook post stating something along the lines of one of their members was leaving the country soon and that they would split up as soon as he did so.

I think it was a case of the band, around the same time as the geographical split, getting to the point where they were getting significant attention and support, like playing MDF, and the support that was coming around at that time gave them the extra push to overcome geographical difficulties and make new music.

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:48 pm 

So yeah, 50% off Candlemass merch for the next two weeks, which is fine, but suffering from either no back print (hoodie) or silly back print ("I bind unto myself today the strong name of the trinity") - I don't know man, between all the silly Satan stuff I have on the back of my Inquisition and Sarcofago t-shirts and countless pentagrams on others, I'm afraid people are going to start thinking I'm not the most mature fellow out there.

Also, why do people ordering outside the EU get 25% off their orders? Everyone is meant to be equal in Sweden, this doesn't seem like it's treating anyone fairly (and by 'anyone', I mean 'me').

http://www.candlemassmerch.com/

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:51 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Well, they had announced with some sense of certainty that there wouldn't be any more live shows following his leaving of the UK, but they still had plans re: recording and such. But whatever the reality of the situation was, they later released this statement:

Quote:
As some people (internet journalists, mainly) seem to be incapable of interpreting information, we would like to announce here, officially with no chance of misinterpretation, CRUCIAMENTUM HAS NOT SPLIT UP. Following a period of uncertainty towards future live activity, we are in the final stages of composing for our debut full length album and hope to start recording in 2014. No further details are available as yet. We are also open to offers for live dates in 2014.

Oh, was that what it was - no more live shows? I remember reading what I interpreted as a definite end to the band, so I might just be remembering the circumstances wrong then. My bad... :oh shit:

In other news, I randomly decided to check out Aborted again after years of harboring ill feelings towards them and after checking out Goremageddon... it's actually pretty good! :o Vocals are a bit weak, but riff-wise this is like a slightly modernized continuation of None So Vile. I can dig it.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:11 pm 

Please stop, mindshadow. There's a reason I haven't replied to you since November 25, 2013 and it's not anti-English sentiment.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:14 pm 

Sweet God in heaven, my autism meter is off the goddamn charts.

Obligatory Last FM Link

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:16 pm 

Oh my fucking god

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:17 pm 

Well that's just proof that the ones in charge refuse to respond to all these pressing matters. You're not doing your job, Zodi. You're digging yourself in.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:20 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Sweet God in heaven, my autism meter is off the goddamn charts.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:20 pm 

Finally, proof of our concerns.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:21 pm 

pls understand zodi

pls

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:23 pm 

Well that settles it then - someone has to give mindshadow your facebook details, home address and work phone number because quite clearly private messages are not working.

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:24 pm 

Good god, I thought *I* was autistic.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:24 pm 

Okay, I don't really have anything to say, but I just had to get in on this. So...

Spoiler: show

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:26 pm 

Enough is enough, this has summed up the corruption of the current situation in a balanced way. Another thing...mindshadow has eluded to cover ups attributed to the "us and them" paradigm he so unbelievably sums up here in 2014. The rich keep getting richer, whisteblowers are bigots, and Angela Merkel.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Last edited by Diamhea on Mon May 05, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:26 pm 

Couldn't have asked me in a Private pm then? :roll:

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:28 pm 

Well, you'd think that when one does not receive a response to numerous inquiries over six months that the receiver is not interested in said inquiries, but what do I know...

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:29 pm 

Asking via PM did work in my case, though.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:05 pm 

Markov sent me a package and addressed it to TheShawnIRide, which gave me quite a chuckle. Thanks man. The shirt looks great!

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:14 pm 

New Swans album is up for streaming on NPR First Listen! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:38 pm 

Wow, mindshadow is worse than a stalker ex who won't take no for an answer.

Zodi you should consider filing a restraining order.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:22 pm 

This brings the phrase "to mindshadow" closer to dictionary-verb status. mindshadowed, mindshadowing, etc.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:49 pm 

mindshadow wrote:
I can only conclude there is a strong anti - English sentiment on this board.

BRITAINS GOT FUCKING AIDS!

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:21 pm 

So I'm moving to Alberta for the summer the day after tomorrow. Going to go work in Banff, which is one of the most beautiful areas in Canada from what I've heard. If that doesn't work out, I have an opportunity to go work in the oil fields, which pays extremely well. I know someone who's done it and he's described the work as "pure hell", but eh, builds character I suppose.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:23 am 

Banff is beautiful! I've only been there a few times, but it's nice. Where are you going to be working?

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:34 am 

Wilytank wrote:
mindshadow wrote:
I can only conclude there is a strong anti - English sentiment on this board.

BRITAINS GOT FUCKING AIDS!

Don't forget the bad teeth and flat beer!

Oh wait, I'm American, our beer is even worse

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:01 am 

In relation to zodijackyl's post, this is mindshadow:

DarkWolfXV
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:12 am 

Guys, it looks like Suicide Silence might be accepted into MA soon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZG7Pow0s0
I know you guys aren't into deathcore, but, like, actual riffs and no breakdowns.
How will MA handle this?

EDIT:
Lyric video and an actual release for the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uqrYLIzXI

Last edited by DarkWolfXV on Tue May 06, 2014 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:41 am 

Eddie sounds different from when he was in All Shall Perish. More flat, I guess it fits with Suicide Silence. If this is the least metal song on their new album, I'd say they should be accepted, but it's still not too convincing.

last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:47 am 

How will we handle this? Well, we check the album and evaluate. There's going to be people posting about the new album in the S&C subforum sooner or later. Can't say I've ever really listened to the band (now there's a surprise), this single sounds acceptable at first listen, but we'd of course want to wait for the whole album first.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:57 am 

Woolie_Wool wrote:
Oh wait, I'm American, our beer is even worse

Like hell! Our piss is better than their piss and our microbrews kick the Old World's ass.

Brew Free or Die! U-S-A.

Here's some weird documentary about Ghost B.C ...eh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_8UNS8ferE

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:00 am 

Just watched the movie Rockstar, it's a pretty good movie but I couldn't help think that this had a very Tim 'Ripper' Owens vibe to it.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:07 am 

I think that's kind of what it's about homeboy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_%22Rip ... #Rock_Star

But, he seems peeved about it.

UGH. "Believe" by Solitude Aeturnus is so good. Adagio as a whole man. What an album.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:39 pm 

After listening to Incantation's first 3 albums, I still don't get what you guys like about them so much. It's not that I can't stand it, there's a lot of really good riffs that seem to be marred down by the same angry bumble bee strumming or some super slowed down doom parts. I find myself getting halfway through songs like demonic incarnate and thinking "ok, this is pretty cool" and then totally lose all interest a few minutes later. Also should probably mention I can't stand doom metal at all... maybe that's part of the problem? I want to "get" whats to like about Incantation, I just dunno what all the fanfare is about I guess.

~Guest 285672
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:58 pm 

So I'm taking a 2-day bus ride tomorrow from St. Louis, MO to Portland, OR. Trying to add on some bus-riding music to my playlist, because that's obviously more of a priority than remembering to bring my most important documents.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:08 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
After listening to Incantation's first 3 albums, I still don't get what you guys like about them so much.

I bought their first album many many years ago when I didn't even know who they were, don't think I ever finished listening to it and it's been collecting dust ever since. I'm sure their sound is totally different now, maybe I should give them another shot sometime when I feel like listening to DM?

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:25 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
After listening to Incantation's first 3 albums, I still don't get what you guys like about them so much.

I bought their first album many many years ago when I didn't even know who they were, don't think I ever finished listening to it and it's been collecting dust ever since. I'm sure their sound is totally different now, maybe I should give them another shot sometime when I feel like listening to DM?

I checked out a couple tracks from their latest album, Vanquish in vengeance and it seemed pretty much on par with Onward and Mortal Throne with a bit clearer sound, maybe a bit less doom-y. I really wanna like them just because of that churning, pure evil sound they have but something about em just turns me off every time. From what little I've heard of the Incantation "clones" out there, I kinda like them more, dead congregation isn't half bad

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:32 pm 

So people here will have to work zero hour contracts or not receive benefits.

How will people pay mortgages/rent with no Idea how much money theyll earn each week?

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:38 pm 

As far as Incantation goes, tastes are subjective. I'm just very glad and thankful I'm in the camp that absolutely fucking loves them.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:57 pm 

I really appreciate early Incantation, but I rarely listen to those albums these days. My tastes moved away from that sound in DM years ago.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518  Next