Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
19dlb92
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:33 pm 

Hi
I don't know if this counts but I try it:
I re-released a tape this May of the demo Haunted by the Shadows of War by my band Forstyrre.
Forstyrre was not accepted becausse it was more Ambient than Black Metal (what I think is not true but anyways).
So I re-released the tape with a bonus track which is called "Das warten auf den Krieg".
It is old school bm now
So my question is: Could I resubmit it because that bonus song is black metal with a little ambient part in it and I think my demo is a slow black metal with ambient influences.

here is the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aoe6qigkPU

if you want to check out some other songs of the demo here are two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVYHSgSsAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxZ9kbfdYno

Cheers and thanks for your time

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:08 pm 

disturbio619 wrote:
Hello, excuse my poor command of the language, I'm using google translator, well once it was clear this will raise my question.

my question is focused on the digital material bands, for example just reject a try climbing for not having physical material, however these bands allow for their facebook page downloads can her songs, but are only valid iTunes Amason, etc.

then in the hypothetical case of a band never had physical materials and digital was never through iTunes, Bandcamp, Amazon, the band would never be worthy of being in the Encyclopaedia Metallum?

hope you can do something about it, for one is all, best regards

Depende. Cómo distribuyen el material digital? Está disponible para descarga, o bien, sólo es "streaming-only"? Exactamente cuál es la situación? De qué banda nos hablas?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

MankindHasFailed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:21 am 

Please check my pending list in the submission queue. I want to add more bands but I can't because 5 band limit. Thanks.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:29 am 

MankindHasFailed wrote:
Please check my pending list in the submission queue. I want to add more bands but I can't because 5 band limit. Thanks.

Be patient. Pleading here won't get your submissions accepted any faster.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:05 am 

19dlb92 wrote:
Hi
I don't know if this counts but I try it:
I re-released a tape this May of the demo Haunted by the Shadows of War by my band Forstyrre.
Forstyrre was not accepted becausse it was more Ambient than Black Metal (what I think is not true but anyways).
So I re-released the tape with a bonus track which is called "Das warten auf den Krieg".
It is old school bm now
So my question is: Could I resubmit it because that bonus song is black metal with a little ambient part in it and I think my demo is a slow black metal with ambient influences.

here is the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aoe6qigkPU

if you want to check out some other songs of the demo here are two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVYHSgSsAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxZ9kbfdYno

Cheers and thanks for your time

If I remember correctly, a number of mods agreed that the demo was more ambient than metal. One black metal bonus track on a re-release is not going to make a difference.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:29 am 

What about the Indian band "The End?" Why are they Blacklisted?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:22 am 

More ambient than metal.

disturbio619
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:06 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
disturbio619 wrote:
Hello, excuse my poor command of the language, I'm using google translator, well once it was clear this will raise my question.

my question is focused on the digital material bands, for example just reject a try climbing for not having physical material, however these bands allow for their facebook page downloads can her songs, but are only valid iTunes Amason, etc.

then in the hypothetical case of a band never had physical materials and digital was never through iTunes, Bandcamp, Amazon, the band would never be worthy of being in the Encyclopaedia Metallum?

hope you can do something about it, for one is all, best regards

Depende. Cómo distribuyen el material digital? Está disponible para descarga, o bien, sólo es "streaming-only"? Exactamente cuál es la situación? De qué banda nos hablas?

Los materiales de estas bandas (évelom y forever lost) esta disponible para descarga en sus paginas de facebook y reverbnation en el caso de evelom y para forever lost solo desde facebook, en el caso de la primer solo cuenta con un demo y la otra solo cuanta con singles

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:44 pm 

geneanlucas wrote:
Why Muqueta Na Oreia is blacklisted?
Is not a Thrash Metal/Crossover band?
"Blatta" album: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
"Lobisomem Em Lua Cheia" album: http://download1519.mediafire.com/0inm4 ... _Oreia.rar

The blacklist says it's nu-metal, but the note is from 2012. So I listened to the 2013 album and this isn't really thrash or crossover thrash, more like a mix of mallcore and groove metal/hardcore. Sounds borderline at best, I don't think the band has a place here.

disturbio619 wrote:
Los materiales de estas bandas (évelom y forever lost) esta disponible para descarga en sus paginas de facebook y reverbnation en el caso de evelom y para forever lost solo desde facebook, en el caso de la primer solo cuenta con un demo y la otra solo cuanta con singles

Évelom: Pues, el demo digital parece suficiente, ¿pero qué es esto? ¿Hay una edición limitada en vinyl?

Forever Lost: Solo veo un par de sencillos digitales, incluso sin carátulas. No son aceptables, ve aquí nuestras reglas acerca de lanzamientos digitales.

Mcniggleston
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:30 pm 

Recently my submission for "Buried Alive!" from the US from rejected for no audio samples, here's one of the 3 songs they recorded on the 1993 demo that I uploaded onto my Youtube channel, sounds like heavy metal to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwrXemc ... e=youtu.be

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:16 pm 

Could you upload the rest of the tape as well? :)

Mcniggleston
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:21 pm 

The entire rip is available here:
http://heavymetalrarities.com/forum/vie ... 73#p121873

If you don't have an account for the forum, here's the direct 4shared link:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/yf9-3JEZba/B ... _Demo.html

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 pm 

Ah, can't download from 4shared, so I'm out. For the record, the one song on Youtube sounds more like some kind of aggressive noise rock/grunge than metal to me. I got Butthole Surfers vibes there.

ᛃᚨᚱᛚ ᚡᛖᛗᛈᚤᚱᛖ
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:46 pm 

I would like to know why Dani Filth's band Devilment is blacklisted? I mean, Shagrath's Ov Hell is on the MA.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:48 pm 

vempyre wrote:
I would like to know why Dani Filth's band Devilment is blacklisted? I mean, Shagrath's Ov Hell is on the MA.

Devilment is categorized as Nu-Metal
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

gravew00d
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:24 pm 

Just saying, Avenged Sevenfold's newest album is pure metal. It's as metal as anything by Iron Maiden or Metallica for sure. They even copy a riff from Metallica. It might not be good, but it's enough to get them off the blacklist. You've done the same with Soulfly

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:29 pm 

A couple mods gave the newest Avenged Sevenfold album more than a few thorough listens when it was new and ultimately concluded that yes, it's heavier, but it's still not predominately, undeniably, indisputably based in metal. Having a few metal elements or nicked riffs here and there doesn't mean it's a metal record. For massively popular bands like A7X, please just use the search function next time, because there's a 99% chance somebody will have asked before you and already gotten an answer.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:59 pm 

Use the search function next time. The album even had its own thread... It's far from being as metal as Maiden or Metallica (it copies the Black Album, not their thrash era anyway.)

Myself back in August 2013 wrote:
Stardate 210813: Commandant Tony here. I dedicated 53 minutes of my evening to this album and here's my thoughts.

Song 1: pretty metal, nods to modern heavy metal like Accept.
Song 2: The title track, not so bad, the riffs are really groovy, a bit metal, could possibly be acceptable if the whole album was like it.
Song 3: Hard rock track akin to Guns and Roses albeit shitty.
Song 4: Rip Off of Metallica's Black Album, metal? sure, I guess?
Song 5: They want to sound cool and has half-assed symphonies and an latin intro, pretty damn heavy, kinda ok, kinda metal.
Song 6: pop rock ballad
Song 7: Hard rock
Song 8: Borderline, Maidenesque
Song 9: Borderline, some shitty symphonic and blackalbumics again.
Song 10: shitty ballad

Overall a pretty diverse album, it clearly has metal elements especially the solos, some of the riffs too. But I say that it's not enough to add them to MA, the core of the band is still hard rock albeit a bit heavier. The first 5 songs would be acceptable, the 2nd half destroyed the precious hopes of their fans!

Tony out. I'll blast some Drawn and Quartered to remove the bitter taste in my mouth.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:44 pm 

Cheers to Drawn and Quartered! Excellent death metal, it's some genuinely sinister stuff.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:42 pm 

PDS wrote:

Not to step on anyone's toes here or to start a major controversy but I listened to the sample that's out there and, although it's Dani Filth and it still blows, it's not what I think of when the term nu-metal is thrown around. Also, wouldn't that fit in under the side project rule? Just asking.

Like your reviews?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:42 pm 

mjollnir wrote:
PDS wrote:

Not to step on anyone's toes here or to start a major controversy but I listened to the sample that's out there and, although it's Dani Filth and it still blows, it's not what I think of when the term nu-metal is thrown around. Also, wouldn't that fit in under the side project rule? Just asking.

I haven't checked the latest track, but at the moment this ruling is gone by the demo, which seems to have been taken off youtube (but you can still listen to two of the demo tracks on their soundcloud), which does sound like Drowning Pool with Gothicy overtones.

Also, the band wouldn't count as a side-project as Dani Filth didn't create the band, he joined later on.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

hypnocada
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:11 pm 

This is Dan Lively of Sweet Cicada and Victor Griffin's In-Graved.
HypNoGoG was 'blacklisted' even though it meets the listing requirement of being my improv side project that I play guitar and sing in. The debut album, as well as all of my material, has been picked up by Stone Groove Records, the song order changed to be more metal on 'side one', and there have also been 2 singles released.. I believe that this project carries enough metal to qualify for listing here (besides being a side project of an already recognized metal artist).
Check out the opening number (which has also been released as a single): http://youtu.be/PRYjj34yp7s
There are many more HypNoGoG albums already tracked that to be released soon, and will be quite heavier.
Thank you for reconsidering the riff-fest known as HypNoGoG for listing on this cool site.

HypNoGoG music download site:
http://hypnogog.bandcamp.com/

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:20 pm 

This was brought up not too long ago. See this post reflecting the mod assessment of the project.

EDIT: Regarding Metantoine's post below, quite right, I meant that the band is not acceptable at this point. If there are any new (released) releases, post here.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 am 

PDS wrote:
I haven't checked the latest track, but at the moment this ruling is gone by the demo, which seems to have been taken off youtube (but you can still listen to two of the demo tracks on their soundcloud), which does sound like Drowning Pool with Gothicy overtones.

Also, the band wouldn't count as a side-project as Dani Filth didn't create the band, he joined later on.

Ok. That works. No big deal to me, I don't like them. lol Just wanted clarification.

Like your reviews?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:06 pm 

hypnocada wrote:
There are many more HypNoGoG albums already tracked that to be released soon, and will be quite heavier.
Thank you for reconsidering the riff-fest known as HypNoGoG for listing on this cool site.

If it's really more metal, let us know when they'll be released and it will be reconsidered.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

19dlb92
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:46 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
If I remember correctly, a number of mods agreed that the demo was more ambient than metal. One black metal bonus track on a re-release is not going to make a difference.

Ok! thanks for the info!

spikedfist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:25 pm 

Hi, you re jected Thy Hideous Wake, asked for a sample and "third-person review/page" - here: https://www.facebook.com/ThyHideousWake

true facts^ demo bought at a live show.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:40 pm 

Restored.

majestyinruin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:46 pm 

Hello. A band I submitted was rejected (Majesty in Ruin). We have a hardcopy demo available for purchase as well as a bandcamp page. I was unable to edit any info before re-submitting. It would be helpful if this was an option.

Anyway... Thanks for the service you guys provide! Best site on the web!!

Hildr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:25 am 

Just wondering, but it says the band "Scar the Surface" from Melbourne, Australia has been blacklisted. They have released their debut album, From the Shadows to the Fire, and sound similar to "Degradead", which has a page here.

iTunes album link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/from- ... d708309604

geandro7
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:03 am 

Why Erra and Between the Buried and Me are blacklisted? I think they are metal enough

Erra > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXlwsp_s5Y
Between the Buried and Me > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5a4fZTNal8

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:16 am 

Hildr wrote:
Just wondering, but it says the band "Scar the Surface" from Melbourne, Australia has been blacklisted. They have released their debut album, From the Shadows to the Fire, and sound similar to "Degradead", which has a page here.

iTunes album link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/from- ... d708309604

The blacklist says more -core than metallic. Which I will agree on. Also please don't compare bands to bands we have on the site. 1. We run on a case-by-case basis. 2. Degraded sure doesnt sound like it.

geandro7 wrote:
Why Erra and Between the Buried and Me are blacklisted? I think they are metal enough

Erra > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXlwsp_s5Y
Between the Buried and Me > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5a4fZTNal8

Erra is too hardcore based Metalcore.

I'm not even going to bother with BTBAM. They have been discussed too often on this thread. Think of it as a jungle adventure through these pages.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:32 am 

BtBaM have been discussed to death, then to undeath, then -to let this metaphor spiral out of control- we destroyed its brain (zombie combat 101) and buried the remnants in a bathysphere on the bottom of the Mariana Trench. And to this day, people are still occasionally pounding on the airlock. Anywho, use the search function and you'll find ample explanation.

majestyinruin wrote:
Hello. A band I submitted was rejected (Majesty in Ruin). We have a hardcopy demo available for purchase as well as a bandcamp page. I was unable to edit any info before re-submitting. It would be helpful if this was an option.

Anyway... Thanks for the service you guys provide! Best site on the web!!

Alright, I looked it up, seems legit. I've approved the band.

hypnocada
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:02 am 

10-4, will do...
Meanwhile.. in accordance with your guidelines,
I think that HypNoGoG being a 'side project' of mine should deem it's inclusion.

Do you think that being improvised diminishes heaviness?
Did you hear 'Lycans', or 'Earth's Earliest Ages'?
The Hendrix doesn't cancel out the Sabbath ;)

Thanks, dudes.

GeorgZnaeym
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:53 am 

Hello, where can I send physical demo copies to for approval to be on this site? Also the covers that were on the 2014 split were from a band that we were in that has since disbanded, so they are original. Any other things that can be done so that the band shall be excepted will gladly be done. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Our band is metal, we just have a variance of influences that make it a different sounding metal.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:30 pm 

hypnocada wrote:
10-4, will do...
Meanwhile.. in accordance with your guidelines,
I think that HypNoGoG being a 'side project' of mine should deem it's inclusion.

What few side-projects we do accept are usually connected to (no offense intended) well-known and renowned artists in the metal scene. These are rare exceptions. It does not mean that every SP of every metal musician out there is going to be added.

Quote:
Do you think that being improvised diminishes heaviness?

It's not really about the presence of improvisation diminishing anything. It's about improvisation/rock jams being more present than actual metal parts.

GeorgZnaeym wrote:
Hello, where can I send physical demo copies to for approval to be on this site? Also the covers that were on the 2014 split were from a band that we were in that has since disbanded, so they are original. Any other things that can be done so that the band shall be excepted will gladly be done. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Our band is metal, we just have a variance of influences that make it a different sounding metal.

Thanks, but no need to send anyone actual copies, you can upload photos of them to http://imgur.com/ and include the link(s) in the submission notes.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:08 pm 

Why is the band A Night In Texas blacklisted? Can't post samples now but they essentially sound like Rings Of Saturn without the spacey stuff, ultra-fast tech deathcore with the occasional slow chugging breakdown, but pretty metallic to me. Thy Art Is Murder-ish.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:20 pm 

More core than metal.

LeMiserable
Milhouse van Houten

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:27 pm 

Fair enough, I guess.

Defreasis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:34 pm 

Why was Tjahjo Wisanggeni blacklisted?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 280, 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286 ... 541  Next