Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Frostpunk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:12 am 

Hello folks

A month ago (literally) I bought a t-shirt online from the negura bunget webpage to their official e-mail (so no fake shit). And everything went well
They responded fast, they or he was friendly. But after a month I still didn't recieve any package, okay, no worries I live in Belgium and it comes from Romania it might take a while. So I sent them an e-mail asking simply if it's normal it takes so long. I still didn't recieve any answer, I also posted several comments and messages on their facebook but guess what, no answer, even though they keep posting new things on their facebook. So it's not like they didn't see it. Even more, they "liked" a comment of someone on the same post while I wrote my comment one day before his comment. So they certainly saw it, no excuses.

The strange thing is this band is not so underground and should have some credibility, they're actually a bit famous for the black metal scene. And nowhere on the internet have I seen something about a scam, so that's why I still doubt it.

Okay 15 euros is not a big deal, but hey, a scam is a scam

Frostpunk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:24 am 

I sent an undercover e-mail with another adress wanting to buy a shirt. They aswered directly so, yes, they scammed. Anyone who had similar experiences from this band or another or wants to talk about it go ahead...

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:48 am 

I googled it and sending something from Romania to Belgium should only take a few days, not even a week.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:41 am 

Frostpunk wrote:
I sent an undercover e-mail with another adress wanting to buy a shirt. They aswered directly so, yes, they scammed. Anyone who had similar experiences from this band or another or wants to talk about it go ahead...

REALLY?!? That sucks!

aaronmb666 wrote:
I googled it and sending something from Romania to Belgium should only take a few days, not even a week.

+1.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:44 am 

how did you pay? if you used paypal, and it's only been a month, they'll refund you the money...

DennisDemoniarch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:13 pm 

I have a comrade having experienced a similar happenstance with this band a few years ago... the band? the Romanian post? I don't know... that friend did not receive his three CD box set at the very start when the 3rd album started making a stir over here.

Frostpunk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:20 pm 

aloof wrote:
how did you pay? if you used paypal, and it's only been a month, they'll refund you the money...

I did it with bank transfer, but paypal was possible but since I don't have it and it takes a long time until your money is on it. I just did bank transfer.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:36 pm 

try talking to your bank about it. they're usually quite quick to get you back money you paid for services or goods you did not receive, if you used a debit or credit card. call them, or walk into your local branch. don't take the first "no" and go, as sadly not all bank employees are sharp or up to date. try someone else, or the branch manager.

oh, and never send money to someone you don't know via bank transfer again. paypal and credit/debit cards offer protections.

Frostpunk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:38 pm 

aloof wrote:
try talking to your bank about it. they're usually quite quick to get you back money you paid for services or goods you did not receive, if you used a debit or credit card. call them, or walk into your local branch. don't take the first "no" and go, as sadly not all bank employees are sharp or up to date. try someone else, or the branch manager.

oh, and never send money to someone you don't know via bank transfer again. paypal and credit/debit cards offer protections.

Thanks for your help ;)

Gorblethorp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:45 pm 

Figures. They've sucked since Om.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:01 pm 

It's one thing to suck at writing black metal but a different thing entirely to suck at treating your fans/customers decently. I don't even think they're correlated at all.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Gorblethorp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:37 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
It's one thing to suck at writing black metal but a different thing entirely to suck at treating your fans/customers decently. I don't even think they're correlated at all.

Whoa... you're, like, really perceptive, dude.

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:50 pm 

Gorblethorp wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

Whoa... you're, like, really perceptive, dude.

Why did you have to post that then? :P

And well, I hope OP gets their merch or their money.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:53 pm 

I ordered a shirt from them November 2013, got it...Last month. Also wasn't the design I ordered (though I still liked it, so I kept it rather than fuck around with return) and they gave no response that the first print wasn't available nor did they respond to any of my inquiries in that 11-month period. So yeah, may not be scammers but they definitely aren't running a good business.

(This after I drop $50 on shirts at Corpse Clothing and the fucking twat company goes into insolvency...)

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:30 pm 

i purchased a couple shirts directly from Negru, but that was before Hupogrammos and sol faur left the band though, took 2-3 weeks from romania to united states. of course..that was years ago, who knows nowadays, guy can't even keep a lineup.

Samoroth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:05 pm 

It's a well known fact that Negru is a dog and that since Hupogrammos left the band (was kicked out from his own band actually) that the band died with him. Ignore everything what came after Om and listen to Dordeduh.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 am 

When Virstele Pamintului was released I ordered the woodenbox, I didnt receive it in 3 weeks. So when I was in their concert I spoke to Negru, the guy inmediately went to the bus and gave me the wooden box. He apologized and told me that the box was sent so he didnt unterstand was going on. A very nice guy.

If you want to order mechandise of this band I would recommend you to visit Aural Music´s website, there are plenty of t-shirts and cds and they work very well.

And Virstele Pamintului is truly great cd, I dont understand why some people dont listen to the album before they speak so badly about him/them.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:41 am 

Because the quality of the their music doesn't in any way reflect the quality of their personality?

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:58 am 

henkkjelle wrote:
Because the quality of the their music doesn't in any way reflect the quality of their personality?

In this case the most important thing, for me, is the quality of the music.

For example I dont have a good opinion of Satyr, but I still love Satyricon´s first album, and I even like the newer ones, but not the las two ones.

My only opinion about the Negru is that he was very nice with me, and he was very touched when I told him how much I like Negura´s music.

But I can imagine that he acts like a dictator inside the band.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 pm 

I ordered two shirts through their Facebook over the summer. It was about a month after I had ordered, so I sent another email. After that I received the package in like two weeks. I'm not sure if they're scamming or just not the best at keeping track of things.

Frostpunk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:12 am 

Propably not scamming indeed. But they answered directly on the "undercover e-mail" no matter how much effort I put in telling them I still didn't recieve an answer on my own name they just didn't respond. And then they were talking about "there's a conspiracy that we don't see some messages" or something like that. Still weird behaviour but I expect to recieve my package after all

Angurboda
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:26 am 

I know this thread is quite old by now, but I've experienced the exact same thing as the op. Ordered two shirts, got a very friendly confirmation but then neither received my shirts nor an answer to my e-mails. I gave up about 6 of them later, so 30 Euro down the drain! And since then I don't even feel like listening to Negura anymore, because that's not how you treat your fans :-/

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:33 am 

Angurboda wrote:
I know this thread is quite old by now, but I've experienced the exact same thing as the op. Ordered two shirts, got a very friendly confirmation but then neither received my shirts nor an answer to my e-mails. I gave up about 6 of them later, so 30 Euro down the drain! And since then I don't even feel like listening to Negura anymore, because that's not how you treat your fans :-/

Really?!? Post on their Facebook and annoy the hell out of them!

Angurboda
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:25 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Really?!? Post on their Facebook and annoy the hell out of them!

Well, it's been before Christmas '13 and I haven't got the e-mails anymore, so that probably makes no sense... I've just realised now that apparently others had the same problem! Did you order something too? And did you get it?

Emanon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:36 am 

This is the band who, when I saw them live a couple months ago, managed to only bring two of their actual band members along for the show (enlisting two members of the openers as replacements), and probably 80% of their vocals were recorded. And their headlining set was only maybe 40 minutes long.

So I'd count that as a rip-off.
Darkness, like a cloak of saffron velvet, surrounds him. Stark trees of stone support the moon and stop the sky from falling in around him. He stands upon his mountain throne, his arms held high, he’s all-alone, ashen face turned towards the sky.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:00 am 

Angurboda wrote:
Well, it's been before Christmas '13 and I haven't got the e-mails anymore, so that probably makes no sense... I've just realised now that apparently others had the same problem! Did you order something too? And did you get it?

Anyway, I hope it helps. No, I haven't ordered anything.

Emanon wrote:
This is the band who, when I saw them live a couple months ago, managed to only bring two of their actual band members along for the show (enlisting two members of the openers as replacements), and probably 80% of their vocals were recorded. And their headlining set was only maybe 40 minutes long.

WTF?!? Is that today's Negura Bunget?!? Congrats, Negru! :nono:

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:27 pm 

Holy fuck, that's awful. :lol: Glad I didn't see them when they came through Chicago a while ago. I was even ready to give nu-NB the benefit of the doubt since I didn't think Tau was as bad as many made it out to be, but man.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:56 pm 

wow, things have changed! :( i saw the band live at an open air fest in 2012 and they sounded really awesome:
i didn't know them at the time (and i'm not really a fan of this kind of black metal) but i remember to be hooked just after few seconds of the first song.. this is very sad

I_Crash_and_Burn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:11 pm 

I usually wait at least 3 months before considering the seller a rip-offer. I have waited more than 2 months for packages coming from eastern Europe, and I live in Italy, our boundaries are the most unprotected in the whole world so it's not a problem of customs or whatever, they simply take a lot of time to arrive.
From Romania, Bulgary, Hungary, Ucraina or Russia, the shortest wait is 60 days, if you're lucky. Also, the band usually doesn't manage the merchandise by person, it is normally handled by someone who has the trust of the band and works for the entity.

I don't think a band well known in the underground,but still an indie as Negura Bunget is , has ripped you off or is working to rip you off, because you as a fan are important to keep them alive and into the music scene, as far as i don't think that Prosthetic records is ripping me off the two Tempel LP's i paid near June (repeat : June) and I'm still waiting. They told me by mail problems with these releases have come through and that the vinyls will be shipped as soon as possible and I trust them.

Also, be aware that not all the postmen are honest people. It's the good and bad of purchasing records and merchandise via internet. Sad but true.

Last edited by I_Crash_and_Burn on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angurboda
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:20 pm 

I_Crash_and_Burn wrote:
I usually wait at least 3 months before considering the seller a rip-offer. I have waited more than 2 months for packages coming from eastern Europe, and I live in Italy, our boundaries are the most unprotected in the whole world so it's not a problem of customs or whatever, they simply take a lot of time to arrive.
From Romania, Bulgary, Hungary, Ucraina or Russia, the shortest wait is 60 days, if you're lucky. Also, the band usually doesn't manage the merchandise by person, it is normally handled by someone who has the trust of the band and works for the entity.

I don't think a band well known in the underground,but still an indie as Negura Bunget is , has ripped you off or is working to rip you off, because you as a fan are important to keep them alive and into the music scene, as far as i don't think that Prosthetic records is ripping me off the two Tempel LP's i paid near June and I'm still waiting. They told me by mail problems with these releases have come through and that the vinyls will be shipped as soon as possible and I trust them.

Also, be aware that not all the postmen are honest people. It's the good and bad of purchasing records and merchandise via internet. Sad but true.

As I wrote: I ordered almost two years ago now and I still haven't received the shirts nor my money back. So I guess that's just lost, nothing needs two years to be delivered!! And although it might not have been the band themaelves, they could have at least reacted to my e-mails. They could have written me that the post lost them or whatever, even that would've been better than just nothing. No sorry or anything...

I_Crash_and_Burn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:35 pm 

Two years are a lot of time, but the pal who started the thread is mourning for an one-month wait.
After two years nothing will ever arrive for sure, and if you read my last lines, postmen are not as clean as a soap by inheritance.

The fact is that everyone buying items in internet is liable to being ripped-off. Unless you'd ask directly for a registered shipping (which is something that I highly recommend to everybody) you cannot be sure if the seller has shipped the item or not. Most of the times he has, but the package may be lost or stolen on its way to your home, and if the seller tells you repeatedly he has sent the parcel, 99% of the times it is the truth.

I have mourned so many parcels in my life I have even lost the count... the last one is the first Sentimen Beltza LP limited to 100, bought in Texas and never arrived. The guy from there assured he sent the stuff, which way can I prove him wrong?
Don't forget there's e-bay, even the most idiot postman can wreck your package, look what it contains, check in internet for a possible easy gain and earn easy bucks simply because your package has won the 1st prize in the misfortune game.

Angurboda
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:40 pm 

I_Crash_and_Burn wrote:
Two years are a lot of time, but the pal who started the thread is mourning for an one-month wait.
After two years nothing will ever arrive for sure, and if you read my last lines, postmen are not as clean as a soap by inheritance.

The fact is that everyone buying items in internet is liable to being ripped-off. Unless you'd ask directly for a registered shipping (which is something that I highly recommend to everybody) you cannot be sure if the seller has shipped the item or not. Most of the times he has, but the package may be lost or stolen on its way to your home, and if the seller tells you repeatedly he has sent the parcel, 99% of the times it is the truth.

I have mourned so many parcels in my life I have even lost the count... the last one is the first Sentimen Beltza LP limited to 100, bought in Texas and never arrived. The guy from there assured he sent the stuff, which way can I prove him wrong?
Don't forget there's e-bay, even the most idiot postman can wreck your package, look what it contains, check in internet for a possible easy gain and earn easy bucks simply because your package has won the 1st prize in the misfortune game.

I agree with you, it is a risk. I thought, however, that Negura wouldn't want to lose fans over some shirts. But they didn't tell me they sent it, they just told me nothing. And that's what I'm most disappointed about. Because otherwise I could've blamed the postman (or one of our ex-neighbours who liked to steal stuff out of the letterbox).

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:26 pm 

NB ripping fans/customers off is not news really.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:02 pm 

I'll move this to the feedback forum at some point.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:16 pm 

They just ended a 7 week tour recently. I'm assuming they were making promises while out on the road, then started shipping everything when they get back. Just be patient.

mark of the devil
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:50 pm 

I heard they hired Blake Judd to handle their mail order business.

Last edited by dreadmeat on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
*donk* the sound of me laughing my head off... :|

Emptiness Cycle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:19 pm 

I had similar issues.

*sigh*

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:34 am 

Emanon wrote:

Something weird must had happened because I saw the current line-up and they were awesome, though I havent enjoyed the last album at all.

g_k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:39 pm 

they died after Om, used to be one of my favorite bm bands.

wolfgrott
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:38 pm 

I had bad experience with them also. I paid for ltd.ed. N'Crugu Bradului album which i never got.
I sent many messages asking about it but the answers were bleak at best. After a while i was ignored altogether.
Something must be very wrong if there's so many of us here with bad experience.
I really doubt that so many packages can get lost...it's more likely that they were never sent.
RIP-OFF and a SCAM if you ask me.

Another issue i had was when i ordered the Virstele wooden box. It took like forever-more than one fucking year till i finally got it.
I do understand that it's a specific item that takes a lot of time to manufacture but ONE FUCKING YEAR?!
I ordered it through Aural webstore and they offered me refund and all but i don't need a refund,
i just wanted to get the box i paid for more that one year earlier.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next