Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:34 am 

+ tyrannus696 Feb 2013 NB: please read the feedback threads before dealing with this guy, he has ripped a few people off, my trade was good however.

shwartzheim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:22 am 

Worse than Hitler. Trade at your own risk:

We had a deal 18 months ago where I was giving him 5 CD’s (2 x Benediction, 2 x Sentenced and a Kreator disc) in return for 3 of his (Dawn, God Dethroned and Nomicon).
He received my package without making any mention of it and it was only when I started feeling a little suspicious that I googled his name and found that he trades on a Filipino forum as well. Sure enough, everything I sent him was on his updated list. Three weeks of messages without a single reply and no package received from him.
Finally, I get “Really sorry man, but I lost your CD’s. I left them in a bag in the back of a taxi”. I made it pretty clear that I didn’t buy his story but said fine, I’ll pick others then. I picked 4 others, was told all good will mail them out ASAP. Same story: Many messages sent, no response. Never heard from him again.
I sent him my part of the trade In February last year and by May it was pretty obvious (if it wasn’t already) that I’d been screwed. Only a few months later I started seeing other Metallum users asking about him and telling more or less the same story.

rexxz wrote:
it refers to a guitar tuning where you take the E standard scale and "drop" you low E string to a D, enabling you to play power chords with a single finger. It is for noobs and children.

Last edited by shwartzheim on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:28 am 

You can just post it in here, he's pretty well known to be a rip-off from what I have read: search.php?keywords=tyrannus696
I must have been a lucky one.

If we get a few negatives posted in here I'll tag this thread with known rip-off

Last edited by dreadmeat on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
shwartzheim PM sent

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:09 am 

Ok we have so many reports of this guy ripping people off I’ll be sticking this thread and adding [known rip-off] to the thread title

6 reports in this thread alone: viewtopic.php?p=2242851
There are more reports if you look around
search.php?keywords=tyrannus696
you can find his Facebook page and Myspace etc too
He apparently has some aliases and there are reports his brother is also a rip-off

SO here is some info, which may be removed if he makes good on his trades

tyrannus696
tyrannus696@yahoo.com
lord_tyr
lord_tyrannus

+6399291800901

JONATHAN DUENAS
P-13 ISING, CARMEN,
DAVAO DEL NORTE,
8101 PHILIPPINES

This guy appears to be his brother, need more info and a new thread but for now this can just stay here
Their IP addresses marry up, actually there are a few members who have the same IP addresses as tyrannus696
this guy below is still logging in regularly here too by the way...

zanthicus
zanthicus@yahoo.com
Jay Duenas

Roxyben
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:37 pm 

I successfully traded with this guy. I must have been one of the lucky ones who actually got their part of the trade. Totally forgot what we traded though, was a few years ago now. Nothing worse than being ripped off though if that is what he has been doing. I still even have the envelope he sent in.

Reply to topic