Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:32 am 

Based on those tracks, I'd call them melodic/metallic hard rock.

Lich Coldheart
Stares into the Void

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:09 am 

Alright, I see it's not metal enough for you. But how on earth did bands like Lordian Guard get into the archives, then?
I like keeping my sword wet, like a young girl in her prime.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:11 am 

I don't know them. You might be looking for this thread.

DAKINGINDANORF
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:56 am 

I was wondering why Mithrandir (UK) was blacklisted. They are clearly NWOBHM to my ears

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:00 am 

The blacklist says "Prog Rock/Hard Rock". Be aware that bands falling under or tagged as NWoBHM can often differ significantly in sound.

Pessipath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:56 pm 

TheStormIRide wrote:
Pessipath wrote:
http://youtu.be/SUrmaSvNmfY Did you actually listen to the whole album because most of the album is stuff like this.

The vast majority of the song you posted is unacceptable. I'm standing by the blacklist on this.

...Most of the song and songs on the album is technically proficient metal instrumentation, on top of the fact that "chugs" are still a metal characteristic and really nothing else. Can't be "hardcore" for example since hardcore's characteristics are speed, tempo changing punk riffs and have no association with heaviness or chugs.

BastardHead
Worse than the PMRC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:06 pm 

Pessipath, one of your biggest issues I've noticed is that you seem to believe that hardcore doesn't have different characteristics between its own subgenres. I noticed this when you namedropped Turnstile when arguing Xibalba's genre, which is the equivalent of saying that Suffocation can't be a metal band because they don't sound like Iron Maiden. No Zodiac, Nasty, Zero Progress, Turnstile, Blacklisted, The Chariot, these bands are all hardcore in some way while not sounding alike. Hardcore is just as diverse as metal, and I feel like you should probably get a little bit more familiar with the genre before you continue lobbying for the inclusion of bands that are blacklisted for -core reasons.

Quote:
Can't be "hardcore" for example since hardcore... [has] no association with heaviness or chugs.

For example, this is demonstrably untrue, and in fact just hilariously misinformed (notice how that last link starts fast but is clearly based around the slow, heavy breakdown that follows). There are some bands that keep the tempo up, but it's certainly not all of them.

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 am 

Objecting to the rejection of my recent submission Unrest (Philadelphia). The official release date for their album is March 24 but the CDs exist and are being sold now. I know this because I have about 500 of them in my living room currently and am selling them. :) Thanks!

Dark Descent Records

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:15 am 

If half of the CD run is already being sold then the release date isn't really March 24th, is it? You should have specified this clearly in the submission.

So copies are being sent out already? Just checking, because here it seems to suggest something closer to February 13th. (granted, it does say "on or before"...)

Youtube comment from the label here says:
Quote:
Thanks for the large pile of views and comments so far! CDs are on their way here and should start shipping early next week from our shop (link in the video description).

And that's from yesterday.

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:54 am 

Azmodes wrote:
If half of the CD run is already being sold then the release date isn't really March 24th, is it? You should have specified this clearly in the submission.

Sorry - I meant to but forgot. Lots of fields to fill in when submitting. To be clear about this, March 24 is the distributor's release date (which is where many of the other half of the pressing have gone, to the distributor). That's the "official" date when it will be on Amazon and for sale by other shops. But to meet that date, I have to have them pressed a month plus in advance, and I pre-sell them when I get them because sitting on inventory for a month or two is not something I like to do.

This is extremely common, by the way. Dark Descent does it too, probably many other labels. (And in case it's not clear, I am the owner and sole employee of Unspeakable Axe.)

Azmodes wrote:
So copies are being sent out already? Just checking, because here it seems to suggest something closer to February 13th. (granted, it does say "on or before"...)

Youtube comment from the label here says:
Quote:
Thanks for the large pile of views and comments so far! CDs are on their way here and should start shipping early next week from our shop (link in the video description).

And that's from yesterday.

Yes, they arrived earlier than expected (Friday rather than sometime next week - I wasn't sure exactly when the plant would ship) and will be shipping as soon as I pack up pre-orders. Pic: https://www.facebook.com/UnspeakableAxe ... =1&theater

Dark Descent Records

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:02 pm 

ok, resubmit with that link included.

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:24 pm 

Well, I screwed that up! I clicked re-submit thinking it was going to then let me edit the release, but apparently it just went straight back into the queue. If you reject again I'll do it the proper way.

Dark Descent Records

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:33 pm 

That's okay, I just added a link to the moderator comment section. I'd just approve the band right away, but I haven't listened to the actual music yet (even if that may be a formality in this case). In any case, the release part is covered now.

dalecooper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:25 pm 

Awesome, thank you.

Dark Descent Records

Master_of_puppetz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:26 pm 

Hello.
I wanted to add a band to this site, but found, that band in the blacklist here. Band named "Second to Sun" (from Russia).
They have physical release at least of their first EP, if this was a problem.
http://cs624617.vk.me/v624617688/1b337/WX6BGnOYRrI.jpg
If there's other reason why they're in the blacklist, let me know, please.
Thanks.

BastardHead
Worse than the PMRC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 pm 

Blacklist states musical reasons, specifically "industrial djent".

Burning_Heretic
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:39 pm 

I was wondering why Season of Ghosts was blacklisted. They appeared in metal festivals and major metal media actually give them good ratings on the album (by Coroner Records)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:47 pm 

Blacklist says it's rock with a bit of melodeath thrown in.

Burning_Heretic wrote:
They appeared in metal festivals and major metal media actually give them good ratings on the album (by Coroner Records)

That's good for them. But we list bands based on their music, not what festivals they appear at or what kind of reviews they get.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:00 pm 

Burning_Heretic wrote:
I was wondering why Season of Ghosts was blacklisted. They appeared in metal festivals and major metal media actually give them good ratings on the album (by Coroner Records)

I don't think that album has one primarily-metal track. It doesn't matter how closely associated the band is with the metal scene, most of that is from Sophia's previous collaboration with BSC anyway. That album is all pianos and alternative rock/metal with only a handful of melodeath/groove riffs.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

guiiwolff
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:59 pm 

Hello guys, i've added my band (which exists since 2008 and have some material released during these years) and i've named the genre incorrectly and you guys rejected it. We released a new EP and i've returned to edit correctly the fields and update with new photo, new logo and the new EP released. BUT my band has been blacklisted and i still don't know why! I read the rules and i came back for update and edit what i've inserted wrong, but now I CAN'T even submit the band. Help please!
My band is called "IrviN", and we play a blackened heavy with influences of death, thrash and doom! We play metal of course!

Last edited by guiiwolff on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:13 pm 

Metal at heart, perhaps, but not in style. Too much core according to the blacklist note, so that was definitely the reason for the initial rejection.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

guiiwolff
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:19 pm 

Yeah, that's why i've especificated "horror metalcore (EARLY)" in the genre field. We changed the genre two years ago and no longer play Core stuff, guys. I can't submit with the new infos because it's blacklisted and we are no core metal anymore. :c

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:37 am 

Link some songs from the new EP and I'll check it out after my sleep.

Master_Of_Thrash wrote:
All I meant to say was that the band's name doesn't sound ballsy enough for me to listen to it

Lord_Sauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:33 pm 

There are two 80's US bands named White Lion, the glam rock one and the one which has released their LP in 1984. These are the samples from it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxoQ2VCaU-s
http://www.divshare.com/download/17586326-eed
http://www.divshare.com/download/17586347-381

If the admins agree, I think this one should be allowed here.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:35 pm 

I'd agree, though I don't suppose there are any more songs from the album available for listening?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:41 pm 

Yeah, it would be fantastic hearing a few more samples. It rides the rock line pretty damn close. More samples would help us figure out if the whole LP is predominantly metal.

guiiwolff
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:29 pm 

PDS wrote:
Link some songs from the new EP and I'll check it out after my sleep.

We're producing the fisic material to be released this year. But the new EP showing the "new" band IrviN has been released entirely on youtube. (We're managing to release on itunes and spotify for better sharing)
(Listen to the full EP here> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxbJuyqEp-HfY03igdxhVOx-4XUvB_ILz)

The first song released as a single in may 30th, was "Falsos Mitos" and were posted on my work channel (I work with lyric videos and other videos stuff for bands in the brazillian underground). And you can listen it here (or in the link of the full album above): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VcSVTZjAFA&feature=youtu.be

This song is pretty heavy and it's the only song in the EP with "something" core. In the end of the song you can hear a brutal deathcore stuff. But the entire album incorporate many different genres (The title song it's a mix of southern, groove, new and death metal, for example)

Our favorite song and one of the fans like the most, it's "cidade em cinzas", in english "City In Ashes", and you can listen it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLIh5hg1HeU
We incorporate many genres in our sound (Death metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal and groove metal. The instrumentals tracks are pure ambient with some horror stuff) and you can hear EASILY that we're not a core band. Marcello Pompeu from Korzus, a very famous band from Brazil, it's our friend and have listened and said to us after ir, that the new EP it's pretty heavy and awesome. This guy has years of playing metal and his band is influence to many bands from here. So again I didn't understanded the blacklisted thing, man. Hope you approve our page in this amazing community. Thanks o/

stjernefodt
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:43 pm 

This is related to the band I submitted today, Magicis Vulgaris Raptorem. This was rejected due to the lack of original material (it is indeed a cover album) but in the submission rules it states that versions of traditional songs can be submitted. All of the songs are recordings of songs that are traditional songs and at least 100 years old, except for the closing instrumental. I don't seek to argue this further than this one post, but I would I would be remiss if I didn't at least attempt to appeal.

If this request is denied, will the information remain on the site, visible to me? The reason I ask is that I am currently working on an album of original material for later this year. Regardless of the outcome, I thank you for taking the time to consider my appeal.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:55 pm 

stjernefodt wrote:
This is related to the band I submitted today, Magicis Vulgaris Raptorem. This was rejected due to the lack of original material (it is indeed a cover album) but in the submission rules it states that versions of traditional songs can be submitted. All of the songs are recordings of songs that are traditional songs and at least 100 years old, except for the closing instrumental. I don't seek to argue this further than this one post, but I would I would be remiss if I didn't at least attempt to appeal.

If this request is denied, will the information remain on the site, visible to me? The reason I ask is that I am currently working on an album of original material for later this year. Regardless of the outcome, I thank you for taking the time to consider my appeal.

This one's my fault for going too quickly. I've restored it.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:01 pm 

guiiwolff wrote:
Post and Links

Ehhh, it sounds fine by me - if a little chuggy. Though I would still prefer a second opinion from some of the other mods first.

Master_Of_Thrash wrote:
All I meant to say was that the band's name doesn't sound ballsy enough for me to listen to it

guiiwolff
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:06 pm 

PDS wrote:
guiiwolff wrote:
Post and Links

Ehhh, it sounds fine by me - if a little chuggy. Though I would still prefer a second opinion from some of the other mods first.

Of course man, but as you can hear and as I said, we incorporate many genres in our song. You can hear heavy influences from korzus, behemoth, legion of the damned, slayer, black label society and etc etc etc. Nothing core! hahahahaha Thanks for listening and I hope you guys accept my band. I've submitted the old EPs of the band in the page, but I've especificated the changes in the genre field o/

Lord_Sauron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:25 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
I'd agree, though I don't suppose there are any more songs from the album available for listening?

Derigin wrote:
Yeah, it would be fantastic hearing a few more samples. It rides the rock line pretty damn close. More samples would help us figure out if the whole LP is predominantly metal.

OK, I will leave in my drafts until I find more samples. Thanks to both for answering.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:28 am 

guiiwolff wrote:
Of course man, but as you can hear and as I said, we incorporate many genres in our song. You can hear heavy influences from korzus, behemoth, legion of the damned, slayer, black label society and etc etc etc. Nothing core! hahahahaha Thanks for listening and I hope you guys accept my band. I've submitted the old EPs of the band in the page, but I've especificated the changes in the genre field o/

Irvin has been unblacklisted, feel free to submit.

Master_Of_Thrash wrote:

LosHongos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:44 am 

Hi
I was trying to submit my band, but I found it had previously been submitted and blacklisted. So I'm suggesting to eventually reconsider the blacklisting.

The band is "buioingola", an italian three-pieced band formed in 2011, with a demo released in 2012 and a full-lenght album released in 2013.
Regarding the "valid album", "Dopo l'apnea" full-lenght was released in a digipack edition first (photo: https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=554D15D5 ), and then re-released in 2014 by the american label Sentient Ruin Laboratories in a tape edition (photo: https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... e=5566143E ).

Concerning "metalness" or not, as many reviews state (for example: http://www.cvltnation.com/empire-shadow ... ew-stream/ ) "Dopo l'apnea" has many elements coming from metal music, being compared to bands like Altar of Plagues, Ash Borer, Planks etc, bands that have been approved by the staff. The entire album can be streamed here: http://buioingola.bandcamp.com/

I can guess that maybe the first submission was made at the time the full lenght album wasn't already out, since it has much more metal characteristics compared to the demo which is much more post metal oriented.

Thanks for your attention
Cheers

man_of_shadows814
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:40 pm 

Hello everyone,

I just submitted a Tunisian one-man ban called I the Intruder. It was rejected for "non-valid digital release". I'd like to know the exact reason. Is it because the digital EP is not long enough ? I'm just asking this cause I don't clearly see the reason...

Thanks for reading and answering.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:55 pm 

man_of_shadows814 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just submitted a Tunisian one-man ban called I the Intruder. It was rejected for "non-valid digital release". I'd like to know the exact reason. Is it because the digital EP is not long enough ? I'm just asking this cause I don't clearly see the reason...

Yeah, it is because the Ep isn't long enough. A 12 song ep wont cut it for a digital release. For digital release we require around 20-30 minutes of material.

Master_Of_Thrash wrote:

man_of_shadows814
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:13 pm 

PDS wrote:
man_of_shadows814 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Yeah, it is because the Ep isn't long enough. A 12 song ep wont cut it for a digital release. For digital release we require around 20-30 minutes of material.

Ok, thank you PDS. I'll be careful for future submissions.

guiiwolff
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:34 pm 

PDS wrote:
guiiwolff wrote:

Irvin has been unblacklisted, feel free to submit.

Thank you so much man! Submitting right now!

Metallic Shock
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:48 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Metallic Shock wrote:
I know Jeff Scott Soto's solo work isn't metal, but would his new band SOTO be metal enough for the site when the new album comes out in a week? Not sure exactly which subgenre I'd associate it with although there's definitely some groove metal in there and even some power metal like on End of Days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBE1gyRh4gk
90 second samples of every song on the upcoming album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85MjeRWGnUE
A full track called The Fall, kind of Adrenaline Mob-ish.

Previously he had uploaded a full stream of the song Wrath but took it down after posting the 18 minute sampler there. Also I'm not sure if (assuming this new album is considered metal enough for the site) we should add his previous solo catalog onto his page since there seems to be a slight distinction between the two despite having the same current lineup.

Well, that's not quite what this thread is for, this seems to be considered a new project. That band is not blacklisted, nor was it previously rejected. If you think it's acceptable, submit it once the album is out. If you have doubts, don't.

Okay so I submitted them and they were rejected, although I didn't receive an email as to why (I think because I switched emails around that time). Here's the full album in case metalness was the issue: http://spotify.to/#!s=Inside+The+Vertig ... ak&c=album

Btw just click on the open space to the left of the number of each track to play them. It could just be me but it took me a while to realize how to get the stream to start lol.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:09 pm 

It was judged more hard rock than metal.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 305, 306, 307, 308, 309, 310, 311 ... 541  Next