InThyKingdom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:28 pm 

I would participate as well.
LITTLE NORWAY PRODUCTIONS

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:12 pm 

I received a copyright infringement notification from Mediafire.

Spoiler: show
Dear MediaFire User:

MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection.

The file named An Eye for an Eye.txt is identified by the key (7v6m6v93vzhdkud).

As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512(c)(1)(C) of the DMCA, we have suspended access to the file.

The reason for suspension was:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Notice ID: c82c17d9-913d-46a5-b601-0ade559d1bda
Notice Date: 03/25/2015

Re: Notice of Unauthorized Use of Paramount Pictures Corporation Property

mediafire

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are contacting you on behalf of Paramount Pictures Corporation (“Paramount”). The
information set forth in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, we are
authorized to act on behalf of Paramount, the owner of an exclusive right under copyright
in the copyrighted work(s) identified herein (“Paramount Content”).

We have detected on your site the presence of file(s) that contain Paramount Content. The
information provided below identifies the location of the file(s) on your site. We have a
good faith belief that the use of this content in this manner is not authorized by the
copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

Please immediately remove or block access to Paramount Content, including, without
limitation, each of the URLs identified below. To the extent that your site allows
multiple URLs to point to or access the content file, we request that you, at a minimum,
prevent all access to the content file, not merely access through the URLs specifically
identified herein. Please also take steps to ensure that Paramount Content is not
re-posted on or otherwise available through your site.

Below is a non-exhaustive, representative list of the Paramount Content being infringed on
and through your site, and illustrates the nature and scope of infringement being claimed.
Accordingly, we request that you take reasonable steps to remove or block access to all
copies of the identified Paramount Content and to address the broader problem of
infringement of Paramount Content through your site, in addition to removing or blocking
access to the specific URLs identified below. We further request that you use the
information provided in this notice to identify the users responsible for posting the
file(s), or the links thereto, and to terminate the accounts of those users who are
“repeat infringers.” See 17 U.S.C. § 512(i)(1)(A).

We urge you to take immediate action to stop this infringing activity and to inform us of
the actions you have taken and their results. To that end, please send us a prompt
response indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter, making sure to
reference the Notice ID number above in your response

Nothing in this letter shall operate as a waiver of any rights, claims or remedies
available to Paramount with respect to the infringement alleged herein. All such rights,
claims and remedies are hereby expressly reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. You may reach me via email
at [email protected], by telephone at (408) 217-5000, or by regular
mail at 2880 Lakeside Dr, Ste 360, Santa Clara, CA 95054.

Sincerely,

Brad Bo
On behalf of Vobile as an agent for Paramount
2880 Lakeside Drive, Suite 360
Santa Clara, CA 95054
v: (408) 217-5000
[email protected]

Information Regarding Infringed Paramount Works

Eye for an Eye

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7v6m6v93vzhdkud

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

http://www.mediafire.com/?ftjk2ii1vnt

Paycheck

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hw0pf ... k+2003.rar

Shrek - 2

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bjq8d ... %5D+%5BEUR%[..]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5m09 ... EUR%5D.rar

Shine a Light

http://www.mediafire.com/download/temth ... gon+%5BCon[..]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Cryptix OpenPGP 0.20050418

iEUEARECAAYFAlUSU8YACgkQ7IGmw+21qI1dLQCXf8wPvpvt7ivVe8caVby3X/vH
vwCfRt9jjVzfbONwPQdbw/P7iJBlJrE=
=QyUu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name: Paramount Pictures Corporation
Contact Address:
Contact Name: Paramount Pictures Corporation
Contact Phone:
Contact Email: [email protected]

Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated.

If you feel this suspension was in error, please submit a counterclaim by following the process below.

Step 1. Click on the following link to open the counterclaim webpage.

http://www.mediafire.com/myaccount/suspension_claim.php? u=3c4087ae2887741e79530d0264cb4fcae850bcca8770bb96

Step 2. Use this PIN on the counterclaim webpage to begin the process:

3a25

Step 3. Fill in the fields on the counterclaim form with as much detail as possible.

This is a post-only mailing. Replies to this message are not monitored or answered.

© 2014 MediaFire, LLC

It's basically about a txt file containing lyrics from this challenge written by GeoCO3 and titled "Eye for an Eye" that some dumbass from Paramount thought was a pirated copy of a film of the same name. Nothing too serious, but still, what the fucking fail man.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:39 pm 

hahahahah what a stupid fuck.

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:32 pm 

Hard to believe it's been a whole year since the last challenge... :(

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:41 pm 

Damn, already?

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:04 am 

Well, unless people are against it, I'm going to start a black metal challenge...

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:55 pm 

My friend wants to record my band play something to practice mixing extreme metal, so if it isn't too late, I will contribute a black metal song! Or a death metal one, if that ends up being the genre.

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:21 pm 

Sounds good! Guess I better start the thread soon.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:25 pm 

Knowing the guy, it will be mixed sometime in 2018 (or never finished at all), but hey. :D

projectfear22
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:38 am 

kingnuuuur wrote:
I received a copyright infringement notification from Mediafire.

Spoiler: show
Dear MediaFire User:

MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection.

The file named An Eye for an Eye.txt is identified by the key (7v6m6v93vzhdkud).

As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512(c)(1)(C) of the DMCA, we have suspended access to the file.

The reason for suspension was:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Notice ID: c82c17d9-913d-46a5-b601-0ade559d1bda
Notice Date: 03/25/2015

Re: Notice of Unauthorized Use of Paramount Pictures Corporation Property

mediafire

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are contacting you on behalf of Paramount Pictures Corporation (“Paramount”). The
information set forth in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, we are
authorized to act on behalf of Paramount, the owner of an exclusive right under copyright
in the copyrighted work(s) identified herein (“Paramount Content”).

We have detected on your site the presence of file(s) that contain Paramount Content. The
information provided below identifies the location of the file(s) on your site. We have a
good faith belief that the use of this content in this manner is not authorized by the
copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

Please immediately remove or block access to Paramount Content, including, without
limitation, each of the URLs identified below. To the extent that your site allows
multiple URLs to point to or access the content file, we request that you, at a minimum,
prevent all access to the content file, not merely access through the URLs specifically
identified herein. Please also take steps to ensure that Paramount Content is not
re-posted on or otherwise available through your site.

Below is a non-exhaustive, representative list of the Paramount Content being infringed on
and through your site, and illustrates the nature and scope of infringement being claimed.
Accordingly, we request that you take reasonable steps to remove or block access to all
copies of the identified Paramount Content and to address the broader problem of
infringement of Paramount Content through your site, in addition to removing or blocking
access to the specific URLs identified below. We further request that you use the
information provided in this notice to identify the users responsible for posting the
file(s), or the links thereto, and to terminate the accounts of those users who are
“repeat infringers.” See 17 U.S.C. § 512(i)(1)(A).

We urge you to take immediate action to stop this infringing activity and to inform us of
the actions you have taken and their results. To that end, please send us a prompt
response indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter, making sure to
reference the Notice ID number above in your response

Nothing in this letter shall operate as a waiver of any rights, claims or remedies
available to Paramount with respect to the infringement alleged herein. All such rights,
claims and remedies are hereby expressly reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. You may reach me via email
at [email protected], by telephone at (408) 217-5000, or by regular
mail at 2880 Lakeside Dr, Ste 360, Santa Clara, CA 95054.

Sincerely,

Brad Bo
On behalf of Vobile as an agent for Paramount
2880 Lakeside Drive, Suite 360
Santa Clara, CA 95054
v: (408) 217-5000
[email protected]

Information Regarding Infringed Paramount Works

Eye for an Eye

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7v6m6v93vzhdkud

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

http://www.mediafire.com/?ftjk2ii1vnt

Paycheck

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hw0pf ... k+2003.rar

Shrek - 2

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bjq8d ... %5D+%5BEUR%[..]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5m09 ... EUR%5D.rar

Shine a Light

http://www.mediafire.com/download/temth ... gon+%5BCon[..]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Cryptix OpenPGP 0.20050418

iEUEARECAAYFAlUSU8YACgkQ7IGmw+21qI1dLQCXf8wPvpvt7ivVe8caVby3X/vH
vwCfRt9jjVzfbONwPQdbw/P7iJBlJrE=
=QyUu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name: Paramount Pictures Corporation
Contact Address:
Contact Name: Paramount Pictures Corporation
Contact Phone:
Contact Email: [email protected]

Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated.

If you feel this suspension was in error, please submit a counterclaim by following the process below.

Step 1. Click on the following link to open the counterclaim webpage.

http://www.mediafire.com/myaccount/suspension_claim.php? u=3c4087ae2887741e79530d0264cb4fcae850bcca8770bb96

Step 2. Use this PIN on the counterclaim webpage to begin the process:

3a25

Step 3. Fill in the fields on the counterclaim form with as much detail as possible.

This is a post-only mailing. Replies to this message are not monitored or answered.

© 2014 MediaFire, LLC

It's basically about a txt file containing lyrics from this challenge written by GeoCO3 and titled "Eye for an Eye"

does this mean they are actually checking the uploaded files or? o.o privacy privacy attack!

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:11 am 

I've updated the index on the first page to include CloggedUrethra's newest challenge. I think it's been a year since the last update. :|

The next challenge is going to be the 20th in 6 years! Any ideas on how to make it SUPER EPIC?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:35 pm 

we can do 20min long tracks. any style so that way it's open for everyone. Like one single concept 20minute track

3-4 month time grace period to write possibly?

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:54 pm 

The thought had crossed my mind, but I dread the prospect of having to listen to a 3+ hours compilation.

One idea I had is to make a sort of complete this story song. Basically, a number of participants sign on; one gets to start everything off with whatever theme and genre they like, then the next participant tries to continue where the previous one left off (maybe even change stuff around to their taste, e.g. switching genres) and so on and so forth until the final participant ends it. The result could turn out to be a real roller coaster ride with a few laughs for good measure. Not sure how it would work out though, considering that challenge activity seems to be at an all time low. I'd expect lots of "I'll have to skip my turn etc."

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:35 pm 

Yea I think the less where you have to depend on other people the better just due to that fact alone. It's always better and more participation if everyone works separately. and hell you know you won't listen to a 3 hour comp you know it might be an hour hour and half tops. Not too many people can pull off that feat. I know me and clogged can and have done so. maybe that might be a side elite challenge to the main one for everyone else.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:37 pm 

So maybe a story mode or something like you said but a bit better defined... regular song... side elite challenge make it a 20min song. and not 15 mins of feedback and drone/ambient tacked on to a regular song.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:06 pm 

The twenty minute song sounds interesting. The only thing I'd be concerned with is rinse-and-repeat song structure. Verse, chorus, bridge, verse, chorus, interlude, verse chorus, soft interlude, bridge again, then verse chorus...

I would list a rule that rehashed verses/segments can't be repeated more than twice, or something similar. But that would exclude a lot of Burzum style black metal, or funeral doom... Basically anything where atmosphere is primary concern.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:32 pm 

I know what you mean. I don't want people to try to make their song longer just by repeating shit way more than it needs. One should be a good enough musician to know when and how to use something repeating to where it's a good hypnotic trance and not just some boring filler. those burzum songs and funeral doom know the difference.

Vesheljinn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:07 am 

The 20 minute story song idea sounds really good. After all, it is a songwriting CHALLENGE.

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 am 

The story idea sounds like fun, just worried about having to rely on others, as has been said. Definitely interested in the 20 minute song idea. That would be an epic challenge! Think we could finish it before the end of the year?

MourningPyre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:48 am 

20 minute song challenge would be excellent. I'd be all about that. Certain rules could be put in place that'd not allow a person to play the same riff ala funeral doom metal. The rules would have to clearly state that the song needs to evolve. Anyway, would be interesting and I'd participate.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:39 am 

Nah, funeral doom usually has room for some pretty trancy riffs. If you stifle that option, there goes half the appeal of this competition.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:40 pm 

well trancy riffs are fine but they don't souly rely on a single riff for a majority of a song esp a 20 min long one.. I think what he is saying if someone is playing riff A for 5minutes + with no evolution of it or leads or anything else that builds upon the foundation riff then that shouldn't be allowed. but if you are using riff A for that long and it slowly builds where the riff is being played the entire song length but various other things are building on top of it then it's evolving therefore moving and being utilized properly instead of just dead weight time fill.

Vesheljinn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:42 pm 

So, bottom line, this is happening, right? The 20 minute song

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 pm 

If someone writes a 20 minute song that just repeats riffs or sections or whatever a million times, that's the fault of the songwriter, not the challenge, and is fair game for criticism if someone does something like that and submits it to the challenge. 20-minute songs sounds like a good idea. Hell, the last challenge would've been about the same length if everyone just contributed single 20-minute tracks, since two contributors did entire albums.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:28 pm 

yea bottom line 20min songs are going to happen. in a week or two the guidelines and time to complete it will be set and a new thread will be posted.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:52 am 

How long is it gonna last? I definitely want in, but lack the means to work with audio at the moment, so I can't throw my name in the hat, yet.

MourningPyre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:54 am 

Arkhane wrote:
Nah, funeral doom usually has room for some pretty trancy riffs. If you stifle that option, there goes half the appeal of this competition.

If we're talking about a funeral doom riff where a guy uses a 4-chord pattern for 11 minutes while slowly building a lead melody out of it, I suppose you have a point. I listen to doom/funeral doom so I'm not knocking the genre. The curious thing for me will be building a 20 minute "life," and how I can do that. Hehe.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:37 pm 

itll be a longer challenge. maybe a 3 month one. that way it should be enough time and also not too long to where people would forget and drop out.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:39 pm 

Well, if someone knows how to keep a 20 minute song "alive", then I guess they'll get a good review. I'm starting to think less is more in terms of rules, and we can just let the user reviews speak for themselves. NotBatman made a good point earlier.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:01 pm 

I think you both are thinking way too much on that or that there are any particular rules in place aside from a deadline and the song being done in the time set.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:08 pm 

That was my post saying I need to stop over thinking it. :p

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 pm 

Good now go listen to the last challenge even if you didn't participate.

jellomonster
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:58 pm 

Sorry metal archives noob here.. So where do I get info on the challenge and how do I join it?

Thanks!

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:33 pm 

The previous challenge is over, but it sounds like a new challenge will be started soon. A new thread will be started and you can post in it to join.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:58 pm 

Yea I'll host it. I'll up a thread laying out everything. I might have a give away as well. but it'll be my awful albums.

MourningPyre
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:08 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Yea I'll host it. I'll up a thread laying out everything. I might have a give away as well. but it'll be my awful albums.

Should be pretty tits. I've been looking forward to it. It's been a creative winter for me this year, so this might be the motivation I need to break the writer's block.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:47 pm 

Good deal i'll lay it out this weekend.

CloggedUrethra
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:19 am 

Cool, another give away, and hey I'm looking forward to that Subterranean Birthright in the mail. Looking forward to this challenge!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:10 pm 

I know you be and I'll be sending a few other goodies with it!~

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next