Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:11 pm 

orionmetalhead wrote:
There is no way to search for albums based on release date more specific than month and year?

What if I wanted to see all the albums that were released throughout the years on July 1st? Is this possible?

Still curious about this. Maybe it got lost in the mix.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:08 pm 

In the rules section on the main site, under the "Valid Albums Only" tab, "Released and Distributed Albums Only" header, the two physical release photo examples hosted on imageshack are both '404 Not Found'.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:25 pm 

I've noticed that the delete button shows up on the browse labels page even if I'm not logged in. Is this an oversight? I'm not sure if we'd allow anyone to just come here and deleting labels left and right.

Spoiler: show

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:18 am 

TheStormIRide wrote:
When doing menial edits of upcoming albums (like adding track lengths), I get a warning message stating that upcoming albums need artwork (even though artwork is already there). I've just been saving the artwork and re-uploading for now, but it seems a bit strange to have to resubmit the art that's already there.

Fixed? Sorry that took a long time.

MasterOfSin wrote:
Romanization

Since not everyone knows chinese, russian, japanese, arabic, ... languages.
It's posible to create another field, as similar as "alias" of the artists, to put the name band, album or artist romanize, when posible?

That can be added in additional notes.

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Minor issue but would it be possible to extend the text box for record labels on band pages? Everything is gravy when browsing via pc but when browsing via mobile the box isn't big enough when looking at unsigned bands.

You kids and your damn phones. :old:

Lich Coldheart wrote:
It looks like some colors look strange in Windows 10:

I'm using the latest version of Opera.

Eh... Looks fine in Opera on Win 7. Sounds like a bug in the Win 10 version.

orionmetalhead wrote:
orionmetalhead wrote:
There is no way to search for albums based on release date more specific than month and year?

What if I wanted to see all the albums that were released throughout the years on July 1st? Is this possible?

Still curious about this. Maybe it got lost in the mix.

Yeah, I'll add that later, I guess. Not sure if anyone else would use it though.

oogboog wrote:
I've noticed that the delete button shows up on the browse labels page even if I'm not logged in. Is this an oversight? I'm not sure if we'd allow anyone to just come here and deleting labels left and right.

An oversight, but it just gave an error if a user without authorization clicked on it anyway. I removed the button though.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:27 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cetacean/3540407047
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Gravew%C3%BCrm/589
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Cryptopsy/17
Looks like the formatting gets janky if the genre, location or lyrical themes go to a second line now?

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:35 pm 

On this page: http://www.metal-archives.com/recommend ... 3540357656

Click on one of the percentages to see who voted for what, then click on a username. The box which allows you to jump to a user's bands added, reviews, or collection is obscured because it opens up behind the previously opened box.

~Guest 290927
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:03 am 

Sorry for my procrastination, should have reported the bug years ago.

Example: Bullet Storm / The Blood of the Disaster Dead

I just added this split from Humiliation's page. Now the band's line says "Taste / Humiliation", giving the viewer the impression that the first part of the title "Bullet Storm" belongs to Taste. However, Humiliation's tracks appear first and "Bullet Storm" is Humiliation's side. The problem: if the split is "Band X / Band Y", and it you add it from Band X's page, then on the band's line, it actually reads "Band Y / Band X", which is ridiculous.

Proposed solution: Arrange the bands in the order in which they appear on the split. This means no matter whether you add it from Band X's page or Band Y's page, it will always be "Band X / Band Y" in the band's line.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:32 pm 

I might be out the of the loop here, but has the 5-band submissions limit been lifted? I checked the band queue just now and user haivefolk has about 20 bands waiting.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:06 am 

Yup.

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:38 am 

Bug: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/%E ... %87/480235
There's a slash after the band name on this release page, and in edit mode if you save, the page says this is a split album, "at least one band on this split release must be on the site." though the release type is EP.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:07 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/I ... 666/280147
This review; it shows up as Incubus in the latest reviews page but correctly as Opprobrium on the review page. It's possible the former uses the parent's information regardless of version?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:24 pm 

BlackenedZeroth wrote:
Bug: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/%E ... %87/480235
There's a slash after the band name on this release page, and in edit mode if you save, the page says this is a split album, "at least one band on this split release must be on the site." though the release type is EP.

Weird. Another case: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Se ... ore/491388

EDIT: ok, this can be fixed by switching the type to "split" in the drop-down and immediately switching it back to the correct type (no need to save in between).

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:01 am 

Did we fully get the ability to add the same artist to multiple bands on the same split? The guy named "Cumshot Iirot" is the same artist under both Cockrot and The True Brown Noise on this split.

BastardHead wrote:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:18 am 

Nope, but its been proposed.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:29 am 

Hi, I don't know if it has been suggested yet, but what about a "Birthdays today" feature on the main page (maybe just above the RIP one) with all the artists' birthdays of the day? It would be a useful feature!

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:01 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Nope, but its been proposed.

Well maybe it's an unintended side effect of something else, but it appears to be an option now. I tested it with a few other splits and I've been able to manually add one artist to the lineup tab multiple times under multiple bands, as seen below.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Fa ... %3F/393518 - Skullkrusher is now on both bands
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Bu ... tic/354206 - N.E.R.C.O.
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Wi ... cre/221932 - Corneus/Ziegenpeter
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Un ... pse/406430 - Waldseel/Lombard
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sa ... ron/123485 - Eklipse/Eclipse

BastardHead wrote:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:27 am 

It would appear that the Ubergods answered our prayers.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:47 am 

Azmodes wrote:
It would appear that the Ubergods answered our prayers.

Um, that's been done for a while. Pretty sure I told you... maybe... :oh shit:

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:13 am 

Yeah, right after posting that I thought I remembered something, but I wasn't sure. You probably did, though.

AddWittyUsername
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:56 pm 

Would it be possible to allow the option "Unknown" for release format in the Advanced Search, to specifically search for those releases that do not have a format set? A pretty large number of those have info in either the VD or Notes that would allow for setting a format--I keep coming across releases with CD-R in the VD but no format set with some frequency, for example--but right now it hinges on someone coming across it, noticing and editing it. Would be nice to have a way to search for it.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:41 pm 

RE: Adding artists to multiple bands on splits--This only works for main members. There's still no way to mark off that a guest/session musician, or a misc staffer, performed their duties for both bands on the split. Not a major concern, but always nice to have.

BastardHead wrote:

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:32 am 

AddWittyUsername wrote:
Would it be possible to allow the option "Unknown" for release format in the Advanced Search, to specifically search for those releases that do not have a format set? A pretty large number of those have info in either the VD or Notes that would allow for setting a format--I keep coming across releases with CD-R in the VD but no format set with some frequency, for example--but right now it hinges on someone coming across it, noticing and editing it. Would be nice to have a way to search for it.

Well, I made this thing: http://www.metal-archives.com/todo/no-format

Any other info that would be useful in that table?

AddWittyUsername
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:55 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
AddWittyUsername wrote:

Well, I made this thing: http://www.metal-archives.com/todo/no-format

Any other info that would be useful in that table?

Hm, not that I can think of right now, no... Notes and VD are the main two and they're there. The other fields may -sometimes- contain the appropriate info, but that's rare enough it's not worth adding into the table, I'd say. Only other thing I can think of is Notes of the release's main or other versions, but that's requires enough careful manual vetting that it is, again, not worth adding in (if it is even possible, anyway).

Downside of the list is that it takes a fairly long time to load or sort by a different option such as VD, but it should help significantly even just to -have- a list of releases without format. A bit more manual work to find the stuff in there to fix than if I'd be able to cross-check with searches, but a significant improvement nonetheless.

NorseDave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:34 pm 

NorseDave wrote:
Hi, I don't know if it has been suggested yet, but what about a "Birthdays today" feature on the main page (maybe just above the RIP one) with all the artists' birthdays of the day? It would be a useful feature!

What about my awesome idea?! :-D :-D :-D

Phunzem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:23 am 

Have you considered the option of searching certain albums that have certain rating? Let's say I want to search albums of Heavy Metal genre which have 90 to 100% review rating.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:07 pm 

NorseDave wrote:
What about my awesome idea?! :-D :-D :-D

Hmm, sorry but I don't feel that would be all that useful, or worth the effort. I doubt many people care about who's birthday it is today...?

Phunzem wrote:
Have you considered the option of searching certain albums that have certain rating? Let's say I want to search albums of Heavy Metal genre which have 90 to 100% review rating.

Well, it is planned to add review averages to the results of advanced searches, at least. Now, average rating as a criteria? Hmm, I don't know, maybe. I don't really like to give too much weight to review scores though, since it's highly subjective.

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:14 am 

hope this is the right spot.
I noticed some strange thing:
Normally if you have an artist were it stands it is active in a band it is that bands paged mentioned as a member as well.
In this instance:
Andy Sneap: Active bands (http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Andy_Sneap/1454) - The Scintilla Project (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/The ... 3540386268)
If you go to that projects band page he is not listed as a member at the Current line up (he is listed in the album as a full member and producer/engineer).
when you click members in one of his other bands you normally see the other bands he is in (like See also in: zzz, ex-xxx, ex-yyy), but again this project is not mentioned, I thought it was a strange thing.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:54 pm 

I have no idea if this is the right place to post this, but today I for the first time tried to add a signature to my profile. I don't see it in my posts, but it is written in the text box in the signature area of my user control panel.

Any help?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:00 pm 

Under "Board preferences" -> " Edit posting defaults", do you have "Attach my signature by default" enabled?

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:02 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
Under "Board preferences" -> " Edit posting defaults", do you have "Attach my signature by default" enabled?

I didn't. I just switched it. It's still not showing on my old posts, let me see if it shows on this post.

There it is! Thanks. :metal:

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:16 pm 

Rompestromper wrote:
hope this is the right spot.
I noticed some strange thing:
Normally if you have an artist were it stands it is active in a band it is that bands paged mentioned as a member as well.
In this instance:
Andy Sneap: Active bands (http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Andy_Sneap/1454) - The Scintilla Project (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/The ... 3540386268)
If you go to that projects band page he is not listed as a member at the Current line up (he is listed in the album as a full member and producer/engineer).
when you click members in one of his other bands you normally see the other bands he is in (like See also in: zzz, ex-xxx, ex-yyy), but again this project is not mentioned, I thought it was a strange thing.

That might happen if the artist is added as a band member on an album, but not on the band page. I added Sneap as a member on the band page (which he seems to be) as well, so it should look normal now.

Not sure about the line-up of this band though, it's possible some members should actually be guests..? Like, they have three guitarists on there. Then again, I don't know if they'll continue making music. Seems like it could be a one-off concept album.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:19 pm 

Was there a report system in v1? And if so, is there a way to view those reports?

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:41 pm 

Antioch wrote:
Was there a report system in v1? And if so, is there a way to view those reports?

There were reports, but they were only viewable by mods.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:10 pm 

If I pm you about a certain band, is it easy to extract a report I believe exists/-ed?

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:12 pm 

There's a certain problem with the popup for adding links once you have something filled within the Link Name field. Whenever you click in the space between the URL and Link Type boxes, the popup glitches and is unusable, and you have to hit cancel to leave the error.

Just an annoyance that should get checked.

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:59 pm 

As long as it's been brought up, I might as well mention that when using Safari, I experience a glitch with that link pop-up too, where clicking the "add" button shades the page, but no window for adding the link info ever appears at all and I have to click the browser's refresh or back button to get out of it. Works fine once I switch to Firefox.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:36 am 

oogboog wrote:
There's a certain problem with the popup for adding links once you have something filled within the Link Name field. Whenever you click in the space between the URL and Link Type boxes, the popup glitches and is unusable, and you have to hit cancel to leave the error.

True. The same goes for adding musicians. It happens quite a lot actually.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:14 pm 

Antioch wrote:
If I pm you about a certain band, is it easy to extract a report I believe exists/-ed?

No. Reports in v1 were deleted after being handled.

Unless, coincidentally, that report was still open in the time frame during the v2 launch, and was later closed through the v2 mechanic, I suppose, but then you'd see it like any normal v2 report now.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:32 pm 

korgull wrote:
As long as it's been brought up, I might as well mention that when using Safari, I experience a glitch with that link pop-up too, where clicking the "add" button shades the page, but no window for adding the link info ever appears at all and I have to click the browser's refresh or back button to get out of it. Works fine once I switch to Firefox.

What version? And does it always do that?

Seems to work for me...

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:01 am 

Safari version 9.1 on a Mac running Mavericks 10.9.5 ...yes, it does always do it on every band page I try it on.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 65  Next