Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:15 pm 

I thought it would be a cool idea to start a thread where everyone can come together to discuss various "unsolved mysteries", and ideally even make history by cracking a case or two (don't laugh, it's happened on Reddit before). It seems as if a lot of us on MA have an interest in such topics, and there are some pretty bright people on here -- so who knows? I, personally, don't care what cases are brought into light here; I just want to refrain from full-on conspiracy theories because they will only lead to bans and getting the thread locked. However, there are some things that are commonly thrown into the "conspiracy theory" category that perhaps don't belong in it (think "JFK assassination", rather than blogs about the Irruminati and Freemasonry) -- those should be fair game. The mods will keep the conversation relatively sane and logical.

What is everyone's pet mystery?

Last edited by ~Guest 373247 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:48 pm 

My favourite unsolved mystery at the moment has nothing to do with murder or crime, those of you who look at the space thread further down this subforum know about Tabby's Star...

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:16 pm 

Well the Zodiac killer case is an unsolved mystery in a lot of ways. Was it one guy or two? Why would one guy take credit for the other murderer? Why would he stop killing? Even the supposed friend of Arthur Lee Allen seems to have a bunch of convenient conversations with Lee Allen (apparently the most likely suspect) where he openly stated to his friend he would "shoot the kiddies one by one", don't you think a serial killer would TRY and keep that to himself?? And then Lee Allen's friend with all these perfect incriminating conversations conveniently is too drunk to take an accurate polygraph test not once but both times he was asked.

Lake Berryessa is one of the most unsettling murders and hearing Bryan Calvin Hartnell's first hand account makes it more so, he survived eight stab wounds to the back but maybe he was supposed to be alive to tell the story? Why would zodiac dress up in that elaborate outfit if he didn't want someone telling? A lot of questions on top of questions and very few answers and the narrowed down list is 6 potential suspects.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:27 pm 

Yeah, I dunno. This 1991 interview with Arthur Leigh Allen makes me think he's guilty as fuck. Notice how, at the very end, he says something along the lines of "I could never do that [kill someone]. It would be too difficult." :lol:

I admittedly never went that deep into the Zodiac case, and that's the first time I heard that his friend refused to take a polygraph test. I believe what you're saying, but I think maybe his friend had second-thoughts about turning him in. Also, one of the infamous Zodiac ciphers supposedly translated to a message that the perpetrator wanted to stop killing, but couldn't resist -- therefore, he wanted the police to catch him before he killed again. This was from a 2011 Daily Mail article, if I'm not mistaken. The subject of the article claimed to have cracked the last cipher, but the SFPD ended up not taking him seriously... they're mistaken, IMO.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:49 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
that's the first time I heard that his friend refused to take a polygraph test..
Check out the 2007 doco "This is the Zodiac Speaking" on youtube, it mentions it from one of the detectives. There's also a side doco with Don Chaney (his friend) where he talks at length and his convenient accounts contradict a lot of his statements. Not to mention he came forward well after the murders which would give him ample time to research and make up events to fit his story. Or if anything these statements make Don Chaney a more likely Zodiac than Arthur Lee Allen.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:12 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
claimed to have cracked the last cipher

...and there goes my planned hobby for Christmas/New Years vacations.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:31 pm 

No worries. There's an unsolved cipher on a sculpture outside the CIA headquarters for you to crack: Link

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:35 pm 

Damn you I was going to post that.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:42 pm 

Hah, interesting. Thanks!
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:54 pm 

My favorite mystery is the voynich manuscript, a book written in a completely unknown script, weird illustrations and completely unclear purpose.
Probably written between 1403 and 1438, even this Verge article released in 2014 can't deliver on it's promises of a supposed cracking of the code.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/28/5453596/voynich-manuscript-decrypting-the-most-mysterious-book-in-the-world

Here is the best partial and slow approach so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpZD_3D8_WQ

And here is the thing itself:
https://archive.org/details/TheVoynichManuscript

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:29 pm 

My favorite is the unsolved murder in Hinterkaifeck in 1922, but read for yourself.
There are lots of sites about it, just google it (most are in german, though).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinterkaifeck_murders

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:05 pm 

The most elusive unsolved mystery is why and how so many people voted for Trump! I am so topical you guys~

But seriously, the Bashir Kouchacji creepy-ass phone calls case has gotta be one of the most unsettling and creepy things I've ever heard of. I most certainly would never have put up with 9 years of that shit.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 am 

chaos_orb wrote:
My favorite is the unsolved murder in Hinterkaifeck in 1922, but read for yourself.

the hinterkaifeck case is really interesting, though my guts tell me it was that "dorfvorsteher" guy. I think it's fairly obvious.
but what I find most intriguing is that certain air of authoritarian, incest-ridden hickness in backwards bavaria. shame that police trainees' task force that reviewed the case for training purposes (there's a doc on this) weren't allowed to say who they thought was the most likely perpetrator.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:37 am 

The Original Night Stalker is most fascinating and keeps me awake most nights.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Night_Stalker
http://earonsgsk.proboards.com/
http://www.thequesterfiles.com/html/the_east_area_rapist__aka_the_.html

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:37 am 

into_the_pit wrote:
chaos_orb wrote:

the hinterkaifeck case is really interesting, though my guts tell me it was that "dorfvorsteher" guy. I think it's fairly obvious.
but what I find most intriguing is that certain air of authoritarian, incest-ridden hickness in backwards bavaria. shame that police trainees' task force that reviewed the case for training purposes (there's a doc on this) weren't allowed to say who they thought was the most likely perpetrator.

The most creepy part is that the murderer(s) had been hiding on the farm for days before the deed, watching the victims, and also lived there for days after the deed, caring for the cattle. Aside from that, it's really shocking that even the two and seven year old children were slaughtered with the mattock.

Mitosis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:46 am 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

Always found this incident to be extremely interesting.

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:28 am 

ironmaidens_666 wrote:

Yeah, I came to post this one. If you haven't already, give Larry Crompton's book Sudden Terror a look. It's a little schlocky as far as true crime goes, but Crompton was one of the members of the rape task force in the 70's.

The disappearance of Johnny Gosch is also one of the most interesting mysteries to me. Gosch was a newspaper boy who was (most likely) kidnapped in 1982 and police were unable to find even the most basic leads. The case starts to get convoluted when a boy from Nebraska claimed that he met Gosch in a child sex-ring involving high-ranking members of the government. Gosch's mother has also claimed to have been visited by her son as late as 1997. I suggest checking out the documentary Who Took Johnny? (it's on Netflix and other places) for a solid rundown of the case. Trying to read about it on the internet is a pain in the ass because of the tin-foil hat elements.

metroplex
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:54 am 

I couldn't sleep as a kid because of this.

Spoiler: show

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:20 pm 

I guess my favourite unsolved mystery has always been the Bélmez Faces. Scared me shitless when I was a kid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9lmez_Faces

I also like to read about Spring-Heeled Jack:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring-heeled_Jack

And also Borley Rectory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borley_Rectory

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:01 pm 

Oh, the Dyatlov Pass Incident... That one's pretty fucking disturbing. Any of you listened to Kauan's "Sorni Nai"? It's a concept album about that incident. And a truly fucking beautiful album too.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:46 pm 

OpsiusCato wrote:
Oh, the Dyatlov Pass Incident... That one's pretty fucking disturbing. Any of you listened to Kauan's "Sorni Nai"? It's a concept album about that incident. And a truly fucking beautiful album too.

Weird shit. After reading through the explanations, the parachute mines seems to be the most plausible and in line with the injuries they received.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:56 pm 

http://timecube.2enp.com/

I have no idea. It's an unresolved mystery all right.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:12 pm 

Timecube remains the Internet's greatest contribution to the field of unintentional comedy.

Thy Shrine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:12 am 

Not unsolved but, has anyone ever heard of the case of Reyna Angelica Marroquin? She was an El-Salvadorian immigrant who fled to New York in the 1960's. She had an affair with her boss, and was even impregnated. When she told her boss's wife, he killed her and stuffed her in a barrel in his crawl space. The barrel remained unhindered for 30 years until it was discovered in 1999. I learned about it from an episode of Forensic Files. Weird shit.

Perhaps.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:37 am 

Sepulchrave wrote:
http://timecube.2enp.com/

WHAT?

someone please break it down to me, there's no way I can scroll past those first few lines.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Mitosis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:34 am 

OpsiusCato wrote:

Never heard of it, will give it a spin!

The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
Weird shit. After reading through the explanations, the parachute mines seems to be the most plausible and in line with the injuries they received.

Yeah, probably "just" a military cover-up.
But that doesn't make it less interesting, I love reading about military/government secrets/cover-ups etc.

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:04 am 

Numerator_41 wrote:
ironmaidens_666 wrote:

Yeah, I came to post this one. If you haven't already, give Larry Crompton's book Sudden Terror a look. It's a little schlocky as far as true crime goes, but Crompton was one of the members of the rape task force in the 70's.

The disappearance of Johnny Gosch is also one of the most interesting mysteries to me. Gosch was a newspaper boy who was (most likely) kidnapped in 1982 and police were unable to find even the most basic leads. The case starts to get convoluted when a boy from Nebraska claimed that he met Gosch in a child sex-ring involving high-ranking members of the government. Gosch's mother has also claimed to have been visited by her son as late as 1997. I suggest checking out the documentary Who Took Johnny? (it's on Netflix and other places) for a solid rundown of the case. Trying to read about it on the internet is a pain in the ass because of the tin-foil hat elements.

Yeah, I have given the book countless reads.

Some other favorite mysteries of mine include:
Westall Incident
Amelia Earhart
Frederick Valentich
Beaumont children disappearance
Alcatraz Escape
Lasseter's Lost Reef
Phoenix Lights
Richey Edwards
Amber Room
Etan Patz ect...

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:04 pm 

ironmaidens_666 wrote:
Beaumont children disappearance

Oh wow, I just read up on this. Really sad story. And definitely creepy.

Question: has there ever been some sort of abduction of young'ns where they were taken, brainwashed in some capacity and raised in some sort of new family? I always assume child disappearance stories general end in children being murdered, but I think it's even creepier if they're "raised" in a new family and actually grow up thinking that's normal.

Need4Power
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:13 pm 

If you're into this type of stuff I would HIGHLY recommend a youtube channel entitled "Top 5". They make videos about all kinds of interesting stuff, including unsolved mysteries, disappearances, aliens, ghosts, pretty much anything that's interesting.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:41 pm 

ironmaidens_666 wrote:
Frederick Valentich

I've always wanted to know what happened to Frederick Valentich. There's been some stories but since his plane hasn't been found (or so we're told) we will never know. Being abducted seems like a stretch but I just wish I could go back in time and see exactly what happened.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Mitosis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:05 am 

This one from Norway is like a movie but in real life:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isdal_Woman

And this one is from my hometown, there's no English Wikipedia page.
But the story goes, that they found this Moose one one of the mountains (Hunneberg) with all legs broken outwards (see the picture).
First people thought it were struck by lightning, but it showed no burns.
So the only explanation left is that it was dropped from a UFO, be it a helicopter or something alien.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:31 am 

I did some digging around in the Phoenix Serial Shooter case a couple months ago. There's an Officer Seth Castillo who looks quite a bit like the sketch of the suspect that was released to the media. He was suspended the day before the serial killings began. He was arrested back in 2010 for an extreme-DUI, and reportedly threatened to kill the officers who arrested him. Also, he was later sued over the death of a man who was being held in custody at the time. Authorities reported that a handgun was used in at least some of the shootings, though they never specified the caliber. I dunno. My gut feeling is telling me I'm right. I can see him being disgruntled over the lawsuit and potentially losing his job, and he was probably even pissed about the media coverage of the whole ordeal. Gets drunk, goes on a rampage. One of the witnesses reported that there were two people in the vehicle the shots came from, and that the shooter was in the passenger seat. The alcohol would explain why he needed someone else to drive for him.

Photo of Castillo
Shooter sketch

Last edited by ~Guest 373247 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renardmul89
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:44 am 

The Oak Island "Money Pit" has always intrigued me since I saw a TV special about it in like '98

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/nova-s ... -treasure/

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:01 pm 

Renardmul89 wrote:
The Oak Island "Money Pit" has always intrigued me since I saw a TV special about it in like '98

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/nova-s ... -treasure/

History Channel is making a show with a new season starting soon about the Oak Island mystery. Couple guys with digging equipment have been prodding around the island looking for the rumored treasure, and they decided to make a show out of it.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:22 pm 

The most horrifying "unsolved mystery" that I know of, is the story of Tara Calico. She was a 19 year old girl who vanished while out biking. Her walkman was found destroyed on the pavement, and several witnesses reported to have seen her riding her bike (which was never found) and that a pickup truck with a camper shell on the back was seen following closely behind. What makes this story especially terrifying is that about a year later, a woman found the following Polaroid photograph in the parking lot of a convenience store, in the spot where a white windowless van had been parking when she arrived (the polaroid is on the left, on the right is a photo of what Tara looked like):

According to the mother, the girl in the photograph on the left is her daughter, because a scar on the girl's leg is identical to a scar Tara received in a car accident. Even weirder, the mother also recognized the book in the bottom-left corner ("My Sweet Audrina" by V.C. Andrews), as one of Tara's favorite books. But most haunting of all, to this day the boy in the photograph has never been identified.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:10 am 

Numerator_41 wrote:

Wow... The more I read about this kid's disappearance, the more bizarre and huge this whole thing gets.

And it seems to be really really HUGE.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:53 am 

Yeah, it's really bizarre and I'm still not quite sure what to think of the whole thing. If you've been reading about it I'm sure you've come across the Franklin Credit Union scandal which was widely dismissed as a hoax, but has some odd and unsettling links to the Gosch case. There was a documentary on the case approved by the American Discovery Channel and made by a group of British filmmakers. It wasn't "banned" like the video says, but Discovery Channel pulled the program before airing it and refunded the filmmakers the full $250,000 production costs. An unfinished VHS copy circulated later and made it onto the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY-F5JoHoho

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:06 pm 

One of the most haunting and infamous cases is the disappearance of Peggy Knobloch in Germany in 2001. She was behaving strange the days before her disappearance. She was often closing the lights at home and sitting in the dark. She throw her underwear away instead of giving it to her mother to wash it. She got scared when the phone was ringing and asked her mother not to answer it and when her mother did, there wasn't anyone answering. Were these signs of a potential sexual abuse?

On the day of her disappearance, she was just nine years old. In the morning, she begged her mother not to go to school but her mother insisted. Peggy went out and came back shortly after to hug her mother and she told her her that she really loved her mother. This was the last time her mother saw her. Peggy bought some food in a store and went to school where she lost her wallet but a member of the school staff found it for her. After school, she was walking down the street with her best friend. When they separated in front of her friend's house, Peggy gave her friend her chain and told her that it's a gift for her. Was she trying to say farewell by acting like this with her mother and her friend on that day?

Peggy continued to go home alone and was last seen walking down the street by a friend on a school bus about fifty meters away from her destination. She was supposed to stay at a neighbor's apartment with her little sister until her mother would come home from work. When her mother came home that night, there was no trace whatsoever of Peggy. She called all of Peggy's acquaintances and friends and later on the police that searched the entire region. Was Peggy kidnapped right in front of her home or did she go somewhere else?

The police didn't find anything. Soon, there were many theories concerning her disappearance. Apparently, a known pedophile was living close to her and the police searched his house and garden thoroughly but couldn't find anything. Somebody suggested that Peggy might have been killed and put in a grave of an woman that was buried shortly after her disappearance. The police exhumed the grave but didn't find a second body in the grave. One witness reported that he had seen the dead body of a young girl in a nearby forest. Since cell phones weren't very common back then, he went home and contacted the police but when the officers arrived, there wasn't any body in the forest and no trace could be found. Others suspected that the beautiful young girl was kidnapped by Czechs and brought across the nearby border. Two teenagers claimed they had seen Peggy in the afternoon beside an unfamiliar car with a Czech license plate number. The German police collaborated with their Czech colleagues but they couldn't find anything. Some people even suggested that a family member might have kidnapped Peggy but that couldn't be proven either.

The pressure on the police rose as time went by and the team of investigators was eventually changed. The new team focused on a mentally disabled man in his early thirties who had the mentality and intelligence of a young kid. This young man had been seen with children in town and had apparently already approached a boy in a park by taking off his pants and trying to masturbate in front of him. The police decided to focus on this man as a main target because the victim's mother had also seen him strolling around Peggy and her friends and suggested that he might have something to do with her daughter's disappearance. The young man always denied being a murderer and didn't actually seem to understand what was going on. The man was temporarily taken into custody in a mental institution. The police approached another inmate who wasn't mentally disabled and offered to reduce or nullify his sentence if he were able to collaborate by becoming friends with the mentally disabled suspect and get a confession of the murder of Peggy Knobloch. After a few weeks, the collaborator told the police that the mentally disabled man had confessed the crime to him. The police then organized daily interrogations with the suspect who didn't confess anything for days. It was only after several weeks of lengthy interrogations when the suspect finally broke down and confessed the crime. However, there were no tape recordings of his confession and the body of the victim still wasn't found. The young man got sentenced to a life penalty in early 2004 based only on the testimony of a few police officers who were doing the interrogations and the testimony of the inmate who claimed that the accused had confessed the crime to him during a personal conversation without any other witnesses. The second team of investigators didn't even follow any other potential leads at that point anymore.

Many people didn't believe that the mentally disabled man would have had the mental capacities to commit such a crime. One of his tutors and a lawyer teamed up to prove the man's innocence. According to the police, Peggy was last seen at 1:05 PM by her friend who was on a bus. The accused didn't have an alibi but was with another villager on the other side of the town at 2:00 PM to cut some wood. The tutor found out that the bus couldn't have made it to town before 1:15 PM which is ten minutes later than what the police had said. The lawyer rediscovered the testimony of the two teenagers who claimed they had seen Peggy in the afternoon next to a Czech car, a testimony which had been erased, ignored and nullified by the police in their files because it didn't go along with their version of the facts. The tutor and the lawyer also contacted the inmate who had collaborated with the police. He admitted that the mentally disabled man had never confessed anything to him. He had lied because had seen an easy chance to reduce his own sentence. With these new proofs, the lawyer and the tutor forced authorities to re-investigate the case. The imprisoned mentally disabled man saw his name cleared during the process and the investigations to find Peggy's real murderer started for a third time around 2014.

In the summer of 2016, Peggy's remains were finally found by a mushroom picker in a forest about twenty kilometers away from her hometown. Some of her clothes and personal belongings could be found but others are still missing. It's probable that she was killed elsewhere and that her body was only hidden in the forest after her death. During investigations, the police found the DNA of Uwe Böhnhardt, a right-wing terrorist and member of the Nationalist Socialist Underground that had killed about a dozen immigrants in Germany, on Peggy's clothes and remains. Since he committed suicide with his partner in 2011, he couldn't be interrogated by the police. It is rumored that a close friend of his with pedophile tendencies had a shack in the woods close to the place were Peggy's bones were finally found. Did the terrorist and his friends who were living into hiding back in those days really take the risk to abuse and kill the girl?

It is also rumored that Peggy's mother had a Muslim boyfriend back in the days and was sometimes wearing a headscarf. Some investigators have evoked the possibility that Peggy might have been targeted because her mother was about to become a Muslim and because of her mother's foreign boyfriend. Did Peggy only become a victim because of her complicated family situation?

A few months later, police officials admitted that the fact that Uwe Böhnhardt's DNA was found on the site might have been a mistake. With the help of several photos, it was discovered that the police might have used the same measuring rod and the same laboratory for the examination of Uwe Böhnhardt's body and the examination of Peggy Knobloch's body. According to some officials, it might be possible that the measuring rod wasn't cleaned accurately and that's why some traces of Uwe Böhnhardt's DNA could be found close to Peggy Knobloch's body. Did the police make a huge mistake again?

Investigators have now sent a series of questions about Peggy Knobloch to Beate Zschäpe, another member of the Nationalist Socialist Underground who was closely related to Uwe Böhnhardt and his entourage, who has been on trial for the past three and a half years in order to uncover all the crimes related to the right-wing terrorist group. Does she know anything about a possible relation between her deceased collaborator and the young girl?

Are the two most infamous crimes in Germany since the reunification - the NSU terror attacks and the mysterious murder of Peggy Knobloch - actually related?

In my opinion, this is probably the most mysterious and shocking case of the new millennium. What do you guys think about it?

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:18 pm 

Damn kluseba, that was a highly disturbing read.

In order to keep this thread going, I shall mention two unsolved mysteries that have been intriguing me for a while now:

1. The Hessdalen lights: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessdalen_lights
Unexplained phenomenon in Norway which is still being witnessed and documented, go to youtube to see some footage of what may well be a natural though not yet understood occurence.

2. The haunting of the Jollerhaus in Stans, Switzerland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-1Sx8dTb4
This is, according to my knowledge, the best documented Poltergeist case there is. In 1862, a family in central Switzerland suffered under an increasingly worse Poltergeist haunting, which was witnessed by many people until the family couldn't bear it any more and left the house. The "patriarch" of the family wrote down every single occurence minutely and later published it. A fascinating book printed in 1950 recounts his entire writings and therefore makes for an excellent and fearful read. Unfortunately, it was only released in German. If I had no other time-consuming obligations, I'd love to translate it.

Renardmul89
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:41 am 

Good reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_p ... steriously

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next