Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:20 pm 

You might remember the story about the woman in white that my friends had encountered a few years ago. I talked about it here a few months ago. Recently, I have visited one of these friends for several days and we talked about it again. I pressured him a little bit and he ended up confessing that this whole thing was fake and that his friend and himself had only made it up. They had told it to several people because back in those days we had a lot of African friends who used to talk a lot about supernatural phenomenons such as women that transformed into werewolves, shamans that could make your penis disappear by shaking your hand and trees that would walk at night. Nobody believed their stories and my friends got tired of it and decided to invent their own story. They told it in such a realistic way that everybody seemed to believe it. I was never quite sure if it was true or false. I'm glad it isn't true. This is probably also the case for most or even all other so-called supernatural events.

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:59 pm 

kluseba wrote:
You might remember the story about the woman in white that my friends had encountered a few years ago. I talked about it here a few months ago. Recently, I have visited one of these friends for several days and we talked about it again. I pressured him a little bit and he ended up confessing that this whole thing was fake and that his friend and himself had only made it up. They had told it to several people because back in those days we had a lot of African friends who used to talk a lot about supernatural phenomenons such as women that transformed into werewolves, shamans that could make your penis disappear by shaking your hand and trees that would walk at night. Nobody believed their stories and my friends got tired of it and decided to invent their own story. They told it in such a realistic way that everybody seemed to believe it. I was never quite sure if it was true or false. I'm glad it isn't true. This is probably also the case for most or even all other so-called supernatural events.

Honestly this is more amusing than the story itself. :lol:

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:53 pm 

AshesInYourMind wrote:
I got stuck in an elevator, alone, once, when I was like 8. The only way I got out was that someone heard my screaming. I swear I was in there for like 15 minutes. Might not sound creepy, but it was terrifying when I actually experienced it.

That does indeed sound terrifying for a small child... hell, even today, I still am uncomfortable in elevators. Knowing that you're in motion but not feeling like it, is just wrong.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Mitosis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:59 am 

This is probably just creepy for me, but I'm not a spiritual person that believes in the soul etc. But I've always been day dreaming a lot, so drifting away with a thought isn't something new for me.

But a few days ago, when I were showering, I started to think about my new apartment and how I would put my furniture.
After a few minutes I "woke up" in the shower, disoriented, took a few seconds to remember where I were.
Since then I've got this "out of body" feeling, because it really felt like I was walking around in my new apartment but my physical body was still in the old one.

Anyone else had a "out of body" experience?

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:24 am 

Bumping this thread since everyone seemed to really enjoy reading it but it got buried. I (fortunately) don't have anything to contribute myself, though I'm sure there are some other new members that have stories they might like to share.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:37 pm 

I was in the US Navy for quite a good chunk of my life. I was on deployment and I had completed my time back aft on lookout. Of course it was the middle of the night and I decided to take a shortcut back to the bridge through the helo hanger. In the hanger there was a ladderwell going up to some electronics spaces. A woman was walking up the ladder. Real long hair. As I walked by she was crouching down to watch me. Not so strange yet? Well we were an all male ship. When I got to the bridge I told the other guys what happened. I was told, oh you have seen the woman of the helo hanger. Apparently a lot of people saw her. I didn't go back through there for a while and never again at night.

Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:37 pm 

I unfortunately don't have any good stories as such , but I definitely have felt something/someone touch me while sleeping only to see nothing there when I snapped awake ...

I sincerely apologize if this post comes across as lame by the way , but I suppose mundane experiences with the paranormal are worth mention as well . :hail:

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:51 am 

Khan Vozdig wrote:
I unfortunately don't have any good stories as such , but I definitely have felt something/someone touch me while sleeping only to see nothing there when I snapped awake ...

I sincerely apologize if this post comes across as lame by the way , but I suppose mundane experiences with the paranormal are worth mention as well . :hail:
Well I am sorry I didn't have a story of Shamans making my penis disappear.

Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:47 am 

last_eulogy wrote:
Khan Vozdig wrote:

Lol I'm not sure what you mean by this response , but FWIW my comment very much implied that mundane tales involving the paranormal are cool as well . :wink:

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:55 pm 

Khan Vozdig wrote:
last_eulogy wrote:
Khan Vozdig wrote:

Lol I'm not sure what you mean by this response , but FWIW my comment very much implied that mundane tales involving the paranormal are cool as well . :wink:
It's a response someone made a few posts up.

All the way up until my early 20s I would have the exact same dream. Wherever I was living a group of aliens looking things would come into my house. I could not scream and was completely powerless as I followed them from my bedroom. I would go outside with them, to some type of craft. Then the dream would end.

In my early 20s I woke up with bruises all over my body, a bloody nose and something under the skin in the palm of my hand. Someone I shared this with asked why didn't I go to the Dr? I was living check to check, I didn't have a car. Had two hours to get to work. I didn't work, I didn't get paid. So I showered and went to work. When I was at work I went into the bathroom with one of the tools from the factory. I cut out whatever was in my hand and flushed it. I still have a barely visible scar. At the time in the bathroom, I specifically remember thinking I can't believe they are fucking back. Leave me the fuck alone already. To this day I don't even know why I thought that. Most people don't believe it, but this all really happened to me. The dreams, the thing under my palm. I ALWAYS want proof before I believe anything. To this day I figure it was probably just me, with an overactive imagination. It all ceased when I went in the military. As far as I know I have never had the dreams again.

Believe me, I know it sounds like bullshit. I am not saying it is anything more than dreams and some coincidences, but sometimes I wonder if that's all it is.

Last edited by ~Guest 2944 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:11 pm 

Wait so... when you cut open your own hand (holy shit!), there actually was something in there? Goddamn! :eek:

Osore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:18 pm 

"Oh, I haven't told you, he saw a ghost," said my mother on the phone that night.
"What? You must be joking, ghosts don't exist," I was determined.
Then she told me what happened. Her partner was sleeping during the day and she heard him saying: "Go away, go away!" She hurried to see what's going on and she saw him looking at something with a terrific look on his face. She was so convincing that it was a ghost of his brother's dead wife who lived there ~20 years ago and died of cancer. My mother must be a good storyteller because after that conversation I kept telling to myself there must be a logical explanation, but the details were so eerie (yes, she fund some stuff from the deceased person in the highest part of the closet), and I was walking through the house in 3 am with chills running down my spine and every hair would rise on my head from time to time - I had a feeling that someone is watching me and I was more prone to turn my head around. Then I asked myself how am I going to have a shower if there's a possibility that someone is watching me naked. :-D That was the first and the last time my atheism was put on a test - by the morning I found out it was just a sleep paralysis.

Three years after that I read Henry James' The Turn of the Screwand it immediately became my favourite novel(la), next to Wuthering Heights, which also has goosebumps-inducing scene with a ghost. It's very difficult for me to get caught in a (prosaic) ghost story, but when I do, it's very pleasant in a creepy way.

severzhavnost wrote:
Wait so... when you cut open your own hand (holy shit!), there actually was something in there? Goddamn! :eek:
It sounds like his blood capillaries ruptured on a few places, hence the bruises, and he probably had a haematoma on his palm. Anticoagulants can cause that.

gasmask_colostomy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:22 pm 

I don't know if this really sounds that creepy or is a good story, but I told my wife after she asked if I'd ever seen a ghost and she thought it was pretty freaky.

Some context first:
I used to work in an English training school in China. There were usually about 3-4 foreign teachers there at any time, and a Chinese staff of 10-15 depending on the day. I guess we'd teach up to 200 students on good days. It was a busy place. We would work until 9pm, because people had more time to attend classes in the evenings.

The building was like a shop-front, facing the street where the reception area was, going up to a larger second floor, and - like quite a few older places in China - leading up to apartments and the roof via a back door and staircase. That meant you could access the school from the rear by unlocking a security door on the second floor. Because the reception area had a large metal shutter for security, the school was usually opened and closed by the back door, and the last person who left just had to turn off the lights and shut the back door, which locked automatically.

What happened:
I had some good friends at that place, including some of the students. They were all ages and I was a young guy (about 25 at the time), so I made friends easily with the university students who were learning English to go abroad. The evening when this happened, I had been talking to 2 Chinese friends about 20 years old, both good English speakers who knew the school well. Because I talked to people, I was often slower to leave than others, but I had never been the last one at work before. Usually the receptionist would wait until about 9:15 and then help to shut the building. For whatever reason, that night she had left early, and I found that the 3 of us were the last in the building.

We knew we were supposed to turn the lights off and did them all, but then one of those guys (who is kind of naive I guess) went down the stairs to the reception to make sure everything was locked up there. He came back a minute later and, from the lights on our phones, we could see he looked really shaken. He mumbled to us that there was a kid downstairs sitting in the dark, and asked us to come down with him. The 3 of us went down and there was a boy about 8/9 years old, kind of chubby, cropped hair, standing near the shutters in the reception area.

I guess I was the oldest and most comfortable in the school, so I assumed he was one of the young students and asked him in English if he was alright. I told him that everyone had gone home. He didn't answer, so naturally we assumed he didn't understand the English. To be honest, I hadn't recognized the kid, but the teachers are supposed to speak English as much as possible at those kind of schools. We changed tactics and my other friend asked him in Chinese whether he was waiting for his mum and what he was doing there. The boy was so shy and barely even looked at us while we were trying to help him. We really didn't know what to do.

The only thing that made sense was to take him out of the building with us and then see if a parent or older sibling was waiting outside. My first friend guided him with a hand out of the reception area and up the stairs, at which point I went back to the desk to collect my bag. While me and one friend were looking for it (it was dark remember), the boy apparently ran out the back of the building, which we only discovered when we looked back and the other friend mentioned it to us. Told you he was a bit naive.

The boy was our responsibility, so obviously we went out to find him. One of us ran down the stairs to catch up with him, then came back a minute later and said that he wasn't there. We shouted up the stairs to see if he'd gone to the roof (nope), and checked the school one last time. He was definitely gone from the school premises (he'd been seen to leave), so we locked up and walked round the back of the school, thinking we would see him on the way to the main road, which was the only way to walk. He was nowhere to be seen.

Taken individually, none of these things are that weird, just taken together they seem pretty creepy. A boy sitting in the dark in a school that's about to be locked up for the night; he doesn't respond to us in any language while we're trying to help him; he runs away as soon as he sees an exit; he seemingly disappears on the stairs, because there's no way a chubby 9 year old would outrun a fit university student down 2 flights of stairs and across a 30 metre courtyard, even with 20 seconds head start. Added to all this the fact that the 3 of us swore we hadn't seen him in the school before. Needless to say, we never saw him after that either.
the dismal stench of The Chicken Bone Gallows on the Plains of Mediocre Desolation was unleashed upon the unsuspecting world by the unholy rusty lawnmower molester horde that is Satan's Prenuptial Charcuterie from the endless field of tombs that is Butthill, Alabama

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:31 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Yes, I swear this to be true. There was a little bump in the palm of my hand. I don't even remember if I looked at it. I cut it and dug it out. I believe I just flushed it right away. I was in fear mode. The scar is still there, but barely visible.

Khan Vozdig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:21 pm 

Ah I see what you mean last_eulogy ...

I don't think your story is bullshit at all by the way , after all it's not as if something that can't be proven isn't true .

From_Wisdom_To_Mabt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:00 pm 

last_eulogy wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:
Yes, I swear this to be true. There was a little bump in the palm of my hand. I don't even remember if I looked at it. I cut it and dug it out. I believe I just flushed it right away. I was in fear mode. The scar is still there, but barely visible.

If I just cut something out of my palm, I'm going to study the SHIT out of it and take photos on my phone (assuming this was recent enough that you had one.)

From_Wisdom_To_Mabt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:23 pm 

I only have one, so here it is.

In the spring of 2009 I was dating this girl for a few months. She lived with her mother and brother in an older house that was in rather poor condition. It had multiple holes in the walls, stained carpeting, and her bedroom door wasn't even on hinges. You needed to pull her door back and lean it against the wall to enter/exit her room. It was quite a mess. They also had a basement. It was cluttered with boxes and miscellaneous junk everywhere, it had a washer/dryer, and rectangular windows near the ceiling on the far side of the wall. Kind of typical, but still gave you a spooky vibe.

On a couple of occasions she would tell me stories about how she had witnessed large black masses forming in her home and creeping towards her, only to retreat after she would scream at it to go away. I thought she was either making it up, or recalling instances where she was half asleep and imagining things. She also shared with me a story about how, on some nights, she could hear a deep voice muttering indistinctly in her basement. She never wanted to go down there alone. It had a narrow, steep staircase, and very poor lighting.

So one day, we went down there while she did some laundry. The basement is sort of divided into two sides; one, where the washer and dryer were, and the other was nothing but junk and boxes. The center was divided by the water heater, a concrete beam, and just a strip of random stuff around it. There were a couple of chairs at the furthest end of the basement, opposite the stairs, where you could see both the left and right sides. And that's where I sat while we talked and she did laundry. At some point, we had a bit of an argument, and she went back upstairs. I figured, fuck it, I'll just sit down here and listen to some music on my headphones while we both cool off. It was daylight, and the limited sunlight was coming through the slim windows. After maybe 10 minutes, I just look over, and that's when I saw what looked to be a head duck down behind the water heater. I'm a big skeptic, and during those days I was big on debunking the paranormal and the like. It startled me, but I figured it was just my head that cast an odd shadow. I suspected the sunlight through the window at first, but at the angle the light came into the room didn't seem likely to cast a shadow that far. I tried to recreate it a couple of times, and failed. I started to feel a sense of dread fill me, and at that point I had stopped my music and was listening for anything strange. I heard nothing. After a moment, I thought "fuck this," and got up and walked down the left side of the basement towards the stairs. Suddenly, as I reached the bottom steps, I sensed/felt something rush up behind me, and I fucking BOOKED IT up those steps and slammed the door shut behind me.

Maybe I just imagined the shadow, maybe it WAS my own head somehow, but the memory still makes me uncomfortable.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:20 am 

From_Wisdom_To_Mabt wrote:
Spoiler: show
last_eulogy wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:

If I just cut something out of my palm, I'm going to study the SHIT out of it and take photos on my phone (assuming this was recent enough that you had one.)

+1

In the spring of 2009 I was dating this girl for a few months. She lived with her mother and brother in an older house that was in rather poor condition. It had multiple holes in the walls, stained carpeting, and her bedroom door wasn't even on hinges. You needed to pull her door back and lean it against the wall to enter/exit her room. It was quite a mess. They also had a basement. It was cluttered with boxes and miscellaneous junk everywhere, it had a washer/dryer, and rectangular windows near the ceiling on the far side of the wall. Kind of typical, but still gave you a spooky vibe.

On a couple of occasions she would tell me stories about how she had witnessed large black masses forming in her home and creeping towards her, only to retreat after she would scream at it to go away. I thought she was either making it up, or recalling instances where she was half asleep and imagining things. She also shared with me a story about how, on some nights, she could hear a deep voice muttering indistinctly in her basement. She never wanted to go down there alone. It had a narrow, steep staircase, and very poor lighting.

So one day, we went down there while she did some laundry. The basement is sort of divided into two sides; one, where the washer and dryer were, and the other was nothing but junk and boxes. The center was divided by the water heater, a concrete beam, and just a strip of random stuff around it. There were a couple of chairs at the furthest end of the basement, opposite the stairs, where you could see both the left and right sides. And that's where I sat while we talked and she did laundry. At some point, we had a bit of an argument, and she went back upstairs. I figured, fuck it, I'll just sit down here and listen to some music on my headphones while we both cool off. It was daylight, and the limited sunlight was coming through the slim windows. After maybe 10 minutes, I just look over, and that's when I saw what looked to be a head duck down behind the water heater. I'm a big skeptic, and during those days I was big on debunking the paranormal and the like. It startled me, but I figured it was just my head that cast an odd shadow. I suspected the sunlight through the window at first, but at the angle the light came into the room didn't seem likely to cast a shadow that far. I tried to recreate it a couple of times, and failed. I started to feel a sense of dread fill me, and at that point I had stopped my music and was listening for anything strange. I heard nothing. After a moment, I thought "fuck this," and got up and walked down the left side of the basement towards the stairs. Suddenly, as I reached the bottom steps, I sensed/felt something rush up behind me, and I fucking BOOKED IT up those steps and slammed the door shut behind me.

Maybe I just imagined the shadow, maybe it WAS my own head somehow, but the memory still makes me uncomfortable.

you can turn that into a nice short story... lots of elements there... boy and girl, haunted old house... :)

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:39 am 

I have a really peculiar one. Let me try to assimilate this properly:

Back in November/December of 2019, I went through a breakup (my first relationship after a 16 year relationship/marriage). This breakup effected me even more than the 16 year one, and it made me really take a good long look at myself, my faults, what has happened in my life that made me the way I am. 2019 in whole was a very untethering and soul-shaking year. At the end of the year, I decided to write a two page story/poem about all my feelings. I had always planned to do something bigger with it.

I am an independent filmmaker. I make short films. Had a couple of projects planned for 2020, and they all got shelved due to COVID. Then all these isolation film festivals started popping up online, and I got to thinking how I could make a short film by myself in isolation. And then I remembered the poem.

At the beginning of May, I went into the wooded area directly in front of my apartment. I made a quick little experimental/avant-garde film using nothing but my iPhone. The entire film is approx 3 minutes long.

You can watch the film here if you'd like. However, as I've stated above, it's very experimental and personal. https://vimeo.com/418921611 The password needed to unlock the video is matches0515

Now two things happened: one of which is slightly comical and one that is the creepy part.

As I was exiting the wooded area, wearing all black, carrying a wooden chair as well as the device I used to prop my phone on, I saw a small child and her mother outside the apartment complex beside me. The little girl was staring at me in disbelief/horror. Think about this: she was about 3-5 years old and just saw a man exiting the woods walking toward her building. I'm not sure the mother ever saw me, but I couldn't stop thinking about how this possibly effected/traumatized this poor kid. She may be afraid of "the man from the woods" for years. I wanted to say something to them, but I was worried that would almost make it worse. :durr:

But after this, when I started editing the film and placing the voice over narration, I spent WAAAAY too much time looking at myself. The combination of the feelings the poem was bringing back up, plus the somewhat eerie nature of the project... I started to become frightened. I was uneasy in my own apartment and basically afraid of my reflection. For about a week after the filming was done, I didn't like looking at myself in the mirror AT ALL (especially when getting ready for bed). I kept expecting to see/feel/hear something weird or creepy.

The film has since played at four or five online web-festivals, and one festival in Melbourne, Australia actually put a trigger warning prior to the film, so I guess it wasn't just me that got creeped out? Anyway, a very bizarre feeling to kind of scare yourself. I still haven't re-watched the film since watching the final cut back in May.

Slater922
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:19 am 

jimbies wrote:
You can watch the film here if you'd like. However, as I've stated above, it's very experimental and personal. https://vimeo.com/418921611 The password needed to unlock the video is matches0515

I'm into experimental films, so I decided to give yours a check. It's pretty decent, as I got an eerie vibe from it. Do you have anymore films you made that were uploaded on Vimeo or any other place?

Osore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:20 am 

jimbies wrote:

Interesting accent; is this how people in your area speak? I'm actually deaf for smaller differences in pronunciation, but yours sound like it has been influenced by the prominent British 'r dropping' at the end of some words.

The text sounds like something I would write if I were more into expressing things explicitly, which would make it sound more confessional or psycho-philosophical - this is how my professor labelled a work I wrote when I was 14. Although I'm not keen on it now, it's still the best I wrote in my early teens (https://pesimum.wordpress.com/2014/10/17/throwback/).

Great places to spark your imagination are cellars and attics of that kind - old, dark, with poor light that cast ominous shadows. Unfortunately, my attic is empty and boring.

For anyone looking into a solid ghost story in the vein of The Turn of the Screw, there's a Gothic horror film The Others. I watched it for the first time when I was maybe 12, and saw it again on TV recently. The twist at the end is wicked.

From_Wisdom_To_Mabt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:04 am 

Osore wrote:
For anyone looking into a solid ghost story in the vein of The Turn of the Screw, there's a Gothic horror film The Others. I watched it for the first time when I was maybe 12, and saw it again on TV recently. The twist at the end is wicked.

I actually saw "The Others" in theaters, but that was the only time I ever watched it. That's way overdo for a rewatch.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 pm 

Slater922 wrote:
jimbies wrote:

I'm into experimental films, so I decided to give yours a check. It's pretty decent, as I got an eerie vibe from it. Do you have anymore films you made that were uploaded on Vimeo or any other place?

Yeah! I'm DM you some links.

Osore wrote:
jimbies wrote:

Interesting accent; is this how people in your area speak? I'm actually deaf for smaller differences in pronunciation, but yours sound like it has been influenced by the prominent British 'r dropping' at the end of some words.

The narration was actually generated using a text-to-voice automated program. I really wanted it to be completely devoid of any other human element besides the subject's face.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:00 pm 

last_eulogy wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:

The thing in my hand happened in 1994/1995 time frame. Camera phones weren't a thing like they are now. I absolutely wish I had studied or even saved it. For whatever reason I instantly flushed it. Its been so many years since the last time I had the dream. Now I can only remember one of them in vivid, clear detail. Everything about it. It had to be in 1987-1988 timeframe, because during that time frame my family lived in a certain house. Every detail. The rest now are just little fragments.

..and you can see why I never ever talk about it. I never even told my ex wife and we were married for quite a long time. Its just how people react. If this really happened to you, why would you not take pictures.

DeadKid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:28 am 

Fortifiv3 wrote:
Speaking of which, have any of you ever experienced sleep paralysis? I have; a few times actually. The first few times it happened I was completely terrified. The very first time was probably one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. I had not the slightest idea what was happening. I didn't know if I was ever going to be able to move again. I couldn't move anything. Though the first few times it was awful, I have to admit I learned to enjoy it. It's pretty relaxing when you are able to calm yourself down and not freak out. If you ever experience sleep paralysis (you all should read some more about it) try to calm yourself. Try not to "fight" it. It typically doesn't last very long; just a few minutes. Don't freak out. Just relax because there is not much you can do to counteract it once it occurs..

The creepiest thing that happened to me was probably sleep paralysis, but thankfully it wasn't terrifying. In 2009 I was sitting at my PC listening to music in the early evening when memories of the dreams I'd had that week started coming back to me. They put me in what I described as a trance at the time, as I could barely move. Perhaps within a minute, all of that morning's dreams came flooding back to me in greater detail and I snapped out of it and felt nauseated. Coincidentally one of the songs I listened to around the time it happened was Pain Dream by Bikini Eyebolt. I didn't initially think of sleep paralysis given I'd been awake and didn't think I was tired at the time, but remembering dreams led me to think it was a random dream state of some kind and that's why I didn't find it scary. A couple of years earlier I'd started making a lot of effort to remember my dreams and type them up, so it wasn't that surprising for me to have access to such a flood of dream memories. In hindsight I wondered if I should've been more concerned about finding myself temporarily sitting in some sort of vegetative state. In 2013 I was diagnosed with having had a silent cerebellar stroke (silent meaning no symptoms at the time it occurred), but the doctor said my infarcts were very mature and implied it had happened when I was much younger.

An online friend who suffers from epilepsy has similar episodes that can last for hours. He also described it as a trance or forced meditation, but his nickname for it is 'screensaver'.

last_eulogy wrote:
something under the skin in the palm of my hand

Not creepy but: something like this happened to me once as a kid. I realised there was something solid in my palm that wasn't supposed to be there. Turned out it was a little slice that had broken off of one of the large glass marbles I'd been playing with. I must've slid my hand along the carpet, causing the slice to painlessly insert itself under the outer layers of skin. I was able to coax it back out without much trouble. I can probably find the marbles here and see if I can identify the one it came from.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:15 pm 

That could be it for me. I don’t know. I used to play with BB guns as a teenager. I had an ex who suggested it was probably a stray BB. I try to remain open, but that seems like a possibility. Shot myself quite a few times. I don’t remember the palm of my hand, but I’ve been a bit morbid my entire life. It’s likely. Or someone could of got me in a BB gun fight.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:15 pm 

I was spending free time in a cottage, which is owned by my parents.It was autumn already, and one night I had to take a leak, so I went outside.

I noticed ome movememnt at my right side and turned to watch. There was a small (child-sized) totally black humanoid figure running. It run towards a pine tree and began to climb it, extremely fast. I watch this thing for about 2-4 seconds I guess. It run at normal speed, but it climbed very fast. It dissappeared in the branches.

I heard nothing. Where I saw this figure, there's a sauna building with an electric light. The figure was running by the building, light behind it.

I was awake, I'm sure about it. My heart was pounding like mad.

-----------

Then there's some UFO sightings... All very different. One was like a shooting star, coming towards ground. However, it began to lift again towards space. Meteors do not lift back up, now do they?

This happened abut five minutes later:Another light was like a lighthouse's circling light. It turned once, then dissappeared, only to appear again in a different place. Everytime it moved into the same direction.

One UFO I saw when I was in army (1992). I was driving an ambulance when there was a march. It was night, and another guy was sitting next to me. We both watched a light that moved in weird patterns, sometimes totally stopping.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm 

Lane wrote:

One UFO I saw when I was in army. I was driving an ambulance when there was a march. It was night, and another guy was sitting next to me. We both watched a light that moved in weird patterns, sometimes totally stopping.
Interesting stuff. Especially the humanoid type figure. When I was in the Navy, underway. It was the middle of the night, all was quiet. I was up on the bridge on watch and I stepped out to talk to my friend who was the lookout. We were off the coast of Florida. Something hit the water in the distance. I used to know the furthest you could see from the bridge. I was in navigation and that kind of stuff used to be part of my job. Sadly I don't remember the distance anymore, but it was right on the horizon. The explosion was so powerful it lit up friends face. This was a huge explosion. In a few seconds it was under the water gone. I tried to get the senior officer on the bridge to check it out, but we were on a mission. So we never did. Anytime I tell someone about it, they say oh that was just space junk. I've seen space junk hit the water and this thing was nuclear.

DeadKid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:05 pm 

last_eulogy wrote:
That could be it for me. I don’t know. I used to play with BB guns as a teenager. I had an ex who suggested it was probably a stray BB. I try to remain open, but that seems like a possibility. Shot myself quite a few times. I don’t remember the palm of my hand, but I’ve been a bit morbid my entire life. It’s likely. Or someone could of got me in a BB gun fight.

That reminds me of a story from my mother. She once stepped on a nail sticking up at the beach while wearing flip-flops. Some weeks or months later, a piece of her flip-flop had migrated and emerged at the top of her foot. Would be quite freaky if you didn't quickly recognise what it was.

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:39 pm 

A house I lived in when I was younger had a bunch of weird things happen. I didn’t find out until later that the previous owner had a heart attack on the basement toilet. The day we moved in we were putting stuff down in the basement and the toilet decided to flush on its own. We were creeped out but my stepdad said it was just a pipe unfreezing and letting loose. We didn’t believe what he said but we couldn’t disprove it. When I first moved in, my room was in the attic and on multiple occasions I would hear what sounded like someone walking up the stairs in the middle of the night and my dog would go crazy barking and growling at nothing.

My other family members would experience some things as well. My brother said one morning he got up early and went to go to the bathroom and when he opened the basement door he saw something walking up the stairs at him that completely froze him in his tracks. My mother who never believed in ghosts or anything like that her whole life said she saw something going up the stairs to the third floor and stopped mid stairs and stared at her for a couple seconds then went on his way. My sister was watching a movie and the VCR stopped mid movie and rewound itself.

The strangest thing ever that happened in that house ever though was late at about 1 in the morning. At this point I moved to the basement as it was split into two rooms one for storage and one side that was the biggest room in the house. At the back end of the storage side was an old coal shanty for back in the day before there was oil heating in the house. No one ever went in there or over there. So my brother a friend and I were trying to sleep and we hear a loud click from back on the other side of the basement. We weren’t sure if we were just hearing things so we went to check it out and the coal shanty light was on. So we were a little freaked out but went over and turned it off. I went over and stood at the stairs and stared at the coal shanty and a couple minutes later that loud click happened again and the light flipped on again. We hauled ass out of that house and we’re completely freaked out. After a awhile we went back in flipped the light off and it never happened again. We found out later, the night all that happened was the week the old owner died.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:45 pm 

rawsewage wrote:
A house I lived in when I was younger had a bunch of weird things happen. I didn’t find out until later that the previous owner had a heart attack on the basement toilet. The day we moved in we were putting stuff down in the basement and the toilet decided to flush on its own. We were creeped out but my stepdad said it was just a pipe unfreezing and letting loose. We didn’t believe what he said but we couldn’t disprove it. When I first moved in, my room was in the attic and on multiple occasions I would hear what sounded like someone walking up the stairs in the middle of the night and my dog would go crazy barking and growling at nothing.

My other family members would experience some things as well. My brother said one morning he got up early and went to go to the bathroom and when he opened the basement door he saw something walking up the stairs at him that completely froze him in his tracks. My mother who never believed in ghosts or anything like that her whole life said she saw something going up the stairs to the third floor and stopped mid stairs and stared at her for a couple seconds then went on his way. My sister was watching a movie and the VCR stopped mid movie and rewound itself.

The strangest thing ever that happened in that house ever though was late at about 1 in the morning. At this point I moved to the basement as it was split into two rooms one for storage and one side that was the biggest room in the house. At the back end of the storage side was an old coal shanty for back in the day before there was oil heating in the house. No one ever went in there or over there. So my brother a friend and I were trying to sleep and we hear a loud click from back on the other side of the basement. We weren’t sure if we were just hearing things so we went to check it out and the coal shanty light was on. So we were a little freaked out but went over and turned it off. I went over and stood at the stairs and stared at the coal shanty and a couple minutes later that loud click happened again and the light flipped on again. We hauled ass out of that house and we’re completely freaked out. After a awhile we went back in flipped the light off and it never happened again. We found out later, the night all that happened was the week the old owner died.
Very interesting. Did your family move out because of everything that happened?

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:11 pm 

No. We lived there for about two more years after the light flipped itself. My mom thought we were full of BS when we told her. She didn’t tell us about her experience seeing the apparition on the stairs until many years after we were out of the house. She was in denial about what she saw because she was a total skeptic.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:41 pm 

rawsewage wrote:
No. We lived there for about two more years after the light flipped itself. My mom thought we were full of BS when we told her. She didn’t tell us about her experience seeing the apparition on the stairs until many years after we were out of the house. She was in denial about what she saw because she was a total skeptic.
Its always interesting to me that ghosts, or whatever you want to call it appear to people in one form or another. When I turned 30 years old, I had lived in 30 different houses. This high number is mostly due to my upbringing. Never once did I see a ghost, or have any ghostly experiences. I always thought due to living in so many houses at least one would of had one. I do get what I call the gift, or sometimes the curse. Its laughable to most people, which is fine by me. I just usually tell no one. I can go into a building or room and sometimes I get this feeling that is very hard to describe. Sometimes it's so intense, I feel like someone else in in the room with me. Or like I am being watched and no one is there. There was a room in my ex in laws house that was very hard for me to be in. It was a spare tv room at one point. When I got out of the military I was sitting in there. I used to get that feeling in there, but one night it was like I was being stared at. It was so intense I actually covered the window and again later I went outside to see if I was being watched. Another case of it was at a friends house. I believe my ex wife must of told him some stuff about what happens to me. The first time I went over his new house, I got the feelings in a room near the front of his house. He mentioned something about it, but I never bit. Also in a section of the basement. Some weeks later I was texting him. He said he thought about having a professional come in his house. Apparently weird stuff happens to his family in those two rooms. I don't know how to use it if it is anything. I really never tell anyone about it either. Most people think you are nuts at the mention. There are quite a few times this feeling was really intense. Thats it though. Never did anything else with it, if it is anything.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:25 pm 

Thankfully the sleepwalking hasn’t returned since adolescence, because I used to do dangerously complex movements while asleep. Waking up to discover that I had climbed a tree is not something I care to go through again. But I am told I still do odd things while sleeping, such as singing in an “operatic style”, which I suppose is one step away from speaking in tongues.

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:28 pm 

so it's been quite awhile since I have posted, will get back to review stuff too-

a few years ago, after healing from my bone marrow transplant, I made the move from Oregon to be with my wife here in Colorado.. in the beginning of all that, we just visited each other for a couple weeks each- she came up there for 2 weeks and I went bussed back with her and visited for a little over 2 weeks, since I had to fly back. the greyhound trek is a brutal one . . anyways! so we get here, on day one, and when we arrived it was super late.. around 1 or 2am. wife goes into the bathroom and I drop my suitcase on the bed to open, pull out whatever things needed then put suitcase away all that. well, the moment indropped stuff on the bed, just as I was setting it down actually, I heard this voice say, 'hi John!' (my name).. like it was a womans voice, and it sounded like she knew me very well and was happy to see me. . and it was directly behind my head. surely wasn't my wife's voice, or anyone else's since they were all sleeping- we arrived wayy too late. so the second I heard that voice, I turned around to look at the doorway, nothing.. looked out into the hallway, both ways- nothing at all.. waited to see any shuffling about or anything, nothing.. asked my wife if she was talking or said anything to me.. nope. not a thing. . it was just the way the voice was spoken, how it gave me chills right as I heard it as well.
there's been a few incidents since then, as I now live here with her and some family.
now.. a few incidents have happened, as I mentioned, and one day out of the blue I asked my mother in law (whom we live with.. and yeah that's just the situation man) if she has ever had any weird happenings in this house, she says she does have things that still happen to this day. like little things going missing and such.. she also told me how, 25ish years ago is when she first bought this house, and that the people before her, were a couple who fought all the time ect.. well they had a kid, a boy.. one day they fought and fought, and the wife got so pissed she grabbed their son and left the house, got on i25 right next to us, purposely drove on the wrong side of the highway to kill herself- along with the boy. . not sure what became of the husband, but get this, his name was John.
neighbors directly next door, they have this whole section of concrete with the handprints and written names and dates, like a lot families that lived somewhere for so long like to do.. well, there's a John that's been there for a long time. they moved out, and guess who moved in from out of state? a couple, and the man's name is John. we are actually great friends now and have marvelled at this generations of John's in one area . . anyways.. can tell of the other incidents as well too if interested

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:19 pm 

Most of the time growing up my family never owned a car. We didn't live in someplace like NYC where you can just hop on a bus. When I was around 16, I had a part time job. I worked a few hours in a factory after school. While I was at work a crazy rainstorm started outside. I always walked or rode a bike to school and to home. This day I was walking. The rain was really coming down outside and I knew I would be walking home in the rain. The job I had was only a few miles from the farm we were living on. The farm itself was a 500 acre farm. A street cut through the middle of it. I was just coming to the farm when lightning started hitting near me. Then in an in a split second I heard a loud deafening boom and was blinded by a light. I am guessing a bolt struck extremely close to me. I couldn't believe it and ran the rest of the way home.

Luvers
Writes generic (and possibly meandering) posts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:22 am 

Back in 2016 I was encouraged in a group situation to compartmentalize notable captures in my life, regardless of the outcomes of these moments. A concept no different than making a photo album, each moment is a snapshot in time. Moments important in that they were major pivot points but also influenced subsequent years and I realized something I find disturbingly creepy, not so much as one occurrence but several. Of all the negative snapshots in life, more than ever necessary, most of the significant negatives happened in the month of November. As a child, throughout high school, in college or adulthood, be it confrontations resulting in significant injuries, professional setbacks, awful alcohol relapses, failed rehabs, thefts, family loss, property lost, etc... all have occurred in November. Example:

On November 27th 2001 I was at a positive sobriety meeting, the group knowing I had just reached a six month mark, which was noteworthy at the time for me, and returned home to a fire that burned a room addition to my house substantially. It destroyed 100+ recordings, a story manuscript I had wanted to publish and thousands in recording equipment, mixing console, 2 guitars, 4 drums heads and a clarinet.

Some months have no negative snapshots in them and some months have only a few negative scattered over the years with a few positive snapshots as well. Whereas I cannot recall a single important snapshot of positivity ever occurring during the month of November but over 25 distinct negative snapshots, including the single worst day of my life. To be sure, nothing negative has occurred in November in over a decade but I still get a foreboding gloom that envelopes life throughout November. I am not superstitious or subscribing to curses of course, but the notable events have given me cause to pause.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:12 am 

Paws for the cause.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:21 am 

November is a wierd month. It's a dead month, usually. It's when it gets to be too cold and dark for any outdoor stuff to happen, and parties, outdoor activities, gatherings, and so on basically cease and everyone just kind of hunkers down (gee that sounds a lot like whats going on right now, except for the outdoor stuff) But although November is cold and dark, it's also too early for the Christmas holiday, and too early for skiing, snowboarding and other winter fun stuff to happen, and it's just the month where everything kind of dies down. It has always been my least favorite month to be honest.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:39 pm 

A new one for me, a sound phenomenon:

I was sitting at my parents' summer house. Me and my mom were drinking coffee and having breakfast. Suddenly, we both heard quite a loud "mooo!"

I felt like it came inside, right next to me. It's in woods, the place, but there's a rather big open yard, and there definitely was no moose in sight... Or some biggish animal like that. It did not sound like it was coming from behind the window, but inside, right at the kitched table.

I was one loud-ish "mooo" and that's it. My mom heard it too, saying it was a clear "mooo". No idea.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next