Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MattyDNZ
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:27 pm 

Hey guys,

I tried submitting my new band 'Your Sad Existence' last night and it got declined by auto.

I do have a digital release from this band which can be found here:
http://yoursadexistence.bandcamp.com/album/killer

All the songs have been encoded and we have our copyrights with APRA AMCOS in New Zealand.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks for your time to look into this.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:31 pm 

Please, read the rejection message. Your digital-only Ep does not meet the criteria to deem it acceptable, for starters, length-wise
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Hisie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:20 pm 

Hi! I tried to submit the band "Odium Enthronement" from El Salvador but is blacklisted!
Now the band have a release and they play Black Metal
here is a song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8uiP5GWLXo

The release that includes a demo in the previously era (Thy Funeral Judas), new tracks of the new era and 2 live tracks:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Od ... _II/626403

Voodoochild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:16 pm 

Hello,

About a year ago I submitted my (then grindcore) band Clear History to the site. It was rejected and I was ok with that. It was rejected because the grindcore wasn't enough on the metal site and that was definitely understandable for me.

We only had 1 song and a single on cd by then but now we have a full album and a metal label picked us up because we started to lean way more to black metal. Still grind but with more metal riffs.
My label guy asked me to put the band on Metallum but it is now blacklisted.
I hope our new sounds can be reviewed and go more to the metal side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6pi76PnPIA

Our release:
https://www.facebook.com/CLEARHISTORYGR ... 1759180849

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Hesta

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:03 pm 

Hisie wrote:
Hi! I tried to submit the band "Odium Enthronement" from El Salvador but is blacklisted!
Now the band have a release and they play Black Metal
here is a song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8uiP5GWLXo

The release that includes a demo in the previously era (Thy Funeral Judas), new tracks of the new era and 2 live tracks:
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Od ... _II/626403

It's blacklisted because the user kept submitting without a valid release, which this still isn't. Despite it being a CD - 1-5 and 9-10 are from the band under the previous name (which for this purpose means they aren't recordings from this incarnation of the band). That leaves only 3 new tunes under this name, so the majority of the release isn't new material. Therefore, there's no valid release just yet. Wait for them to release a full record of material under the new name and then we can re-evaluate. Thanks.

ekolog
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:29 pm 

Hi guys, can you unblock Etersc? They released a single, now everything is OK.

https://etersc.bandcamp.com/releases

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:31 pm 

A digital single isn't grounds to undo the blacklisting in any event.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:32 pm 

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Saelkirk/3540421726
This band "Saelkirk" has been rejected. Why? The guy who rejected this band doesn't say anything about the rejection.
It's long enough, black metal, digital and with a good sound.
Can someone help me? Thanks!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:44 pm 

Well it is under twenty minutes. It has something to do with the release being invalid, not the band's metalness.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:18 pm 

I've been submitted this in queue http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Int ... 3540420610. A few hour later the same entry was added by mod with mispelled band name, of course with no queue http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Int ... 3540421698. And then my submission was rejected with notes "the band you have submitted is already present in the database. To avoid a duplicate entry, we had to delete your submission" even though my submission was submitted first. It's just not make sense hahaa..

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:34 pm 

I assume the mod who added that didn't notice your pending draft because of the typo and the other mod who rejected it didn't notice that it had been submitted before the entry. I have restored your submission and deleted the duplicate.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:36 pm 

Axel666MoWi wrote:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Saelkirk/3540421726
This band "Saelkirk" has been rejected. Why? The guy who rejected this band doesn't say anything about the rejection.
It's long enough, black metal, digital and with a good sound.
Can someone help me? Thanks!

Yeah I rejected this, it was previously rejected for being roughly half ambient half metal and the metal half being extremely poor quality (i.e. bedroom black metal). I agreed with the previous evaluation and rejected it again.

cepit wrote:
I've been submitted this in queue http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Int ... 3540420610. A few hour later the same entry was added by mod with mispelled band name, of course with no queue http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Int ... 3540421698. And then my submission was rejected with notes "the band you have submitted is already present in the database. To avoid a duplicate entry, we had to delete your submission" even though my submission was submitted first. It's just not make sense hahaa..

When I came on your submission earlier today it was flagged that another band with same name/location was already added to the site. Sure enough it was the same band and it was already accepted, so I rejected yours.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:38 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Well it is under twenty minutes. It has something to do with the release being invalid, not the band's metalness.

Yeah but 19 minutes, is long enough no? Some bands have been added with less than 19 minutes long...

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:48 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
I have restored your submission and deleted the duplicate.

Thanks Az :)

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:05 pm 

Ok, thanks Erosion of Humanity for explain!

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:06 pm 

Not a problem my man.

Azmodes wrote:

EpicDismemberment
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:31 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
ElectricOwl wrote:
Hi, I tried to add the Nottingham sludge/doom band Shrykull last month, they've just put out a split with Dark Mother (detailed on the archives here: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Da ... ull/620157 )

The split was only available for preorder at the time, so the band were rejected with a note saying wait until the release is actually out, then they would be accepted. The split is out now and listed as 'for sale' on their Bandcamp page so I just tried to add them again, but it now says they're blacklisted - I was wondering if this was an error?

Thanks for your time.

No error. Just blacklisted last month for being more punk than metal.

Based on which release? Yeah, they surely have punk influenced, but sludge/doom is predominant. Please make a reevaluation. Thank you.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:45 am 

Dude it was JUST blacklisted in December. It was literally less than a month ago.

Azmodes wrote:

EpicDismemberment
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:34 am 

And? If the band was blacklisted less than a month I can't share my opinion and ask you to make a reevaluation on here? Did you listen to their music yet? Please do and tell me what you think. Thanks

Airon13
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:52 am 

Hi, I have a guestion and a suggestion related to this.
First, why Lita Ford has been blacklisted as a band but admitted as artist? I mean, for example, another artists such as Sebastian Bach and Ronnie James Dio are both registered as solo artists and as solo career bands, so I don't understand why Lita Ford is in this situation.
And my suggestion is to include some kind of link/tab/option in the solo artist page that shows directly the solo band page (not only the discography that is already shown, i mean a whole page). And so there's only one page for the artist and the solo career band.
Thanks for your attention,
Airon
(PS: sorry for my bad english)

Metantoine
Big Beautiful Famgot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:17 pm 

RJD's solo career is (obviously) metal while Lita Ford's solo albums aren't. She only has a profile on the site because she was a guest on actual metal albums (WASP, Ozzy...)

Metantoine's Magickal Realm
Halberd

Rune Arnesen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:27 am 

Hi!

My bands application was rejected because our EP is not available for download.
But this is not correct. One can download it through .i.e. Apple Music/iTunes. (A couple of the other sites in our digital distribution package also offer downloads, but I assume one major site is sufficient?)
Or does the EP need to be available for free download?

-Rune, Somewhere Beyond

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:34 am 

Why was Shinda Saibo No Katamari from Japan blacklisted?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:38 am 

Brutal mathcore.

Last.fm

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:39 am 

Rune Arnesen wrote:
Hi!

But this is not correct. One can download it through .i.e. Apple Music/iTunes. (A couple of the other sites in our digital distribution package also offer downloads, but I assume one major site is sufficient?)

-Rune, Somewhere Beyond

Of course it doesn't have to be free. You didn't include any of those links in your submission so that's why it was rejected. Just resubmit with the proper links (put in links to both since all mods don't have the same media accounts) and we'll take a listen.

Rune Arnesen
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 am 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
Rune Arnesen wrote:
Hi!

-Rune, Somewhere Beyond

Of course it doesn't have to be free. You didn't include any of those links in your submission so that's why it was rejected. Just resubmit with the proper links (put in links to both since all mods don't have the same media accounts) and we'll take a listen.

Hmm... Thats a bit werid, but...
I'll resubmit it.

Thanks!

boblovesmusic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:56 pm 

Just curious, has the Black Mages ever been revisited for inclusion to the archives? The first album sounds more hard rock/prog, but the next two sound more metal then not. While they're technically metal versions of video game tunes, one could argue that the composer is apart of the band thus it could be a bit of an exception or what not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSSgYOyxme0

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:46 pm 

boblovesmusic wrote:
Just curious, has the Black Mages ever been revisited for inclusion to the archives? The first album sounds more hard rock/prog, but the next two sound more metal then not. While they're technically metal versions of video game tunes, one could argue that the composer is apart of the band thus it could be a bit of an exception or what not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSSgYOyxme0

It wasn't about the sound - the blacklist note says "Cover band" - so guess that argument didn't work. :)

Zodijackyl
Definitely Proportionate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:00 pm 

Their status as a cover band is kind of weird, as the band members did originally write the music. I'm not sure I'd call this predominantly metal, though. Seems to be pretty faithful representations of the originals with the instrumentation of a rock band, but only a few of them really sound like metal riffs, from what I'm hearing. Nifty band, though.

BastardHead
Worse than the PMRC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:04 pm 

I had to ask Morri about this myself a few years ago, but the reason something like The Black Mages, despite Nobuo Uematsu being a member, is not allowed but guys like Daisuke Ishiwatari and Taro Bando are is because the soundtracks for Guilty Gear, Blazblue, and F-Zero X are metal by themselves, whereas The Black Mages simply selects metal tracks (and non-metal tracks that they subsequently metallize) across the entire Final Fantasy library and compile them into albums. Hypothetically, if Uematsu had written a soundtrack for a game that was composed entirely of metal tunes, he'd have a page himself, but The Black Mages still wouldn't. At the end of the day, regardless of the fact that Uematsu is the keyboardist, they're still a cover band.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:11 pm 

The Black Mages ain't even metal, that's why they aren't listed, regardless of what the blacklist note says.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Propaganda666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:43 am 

Hi ! Please submit band that I add http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/M%C ... 3540421010
"Provide proof of metalness (a link to song samples)"- here is promo teaser of album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pubu9EWT71I
"and valid release (either evidence for a physical release, such as photos, or for a valid digital release)" - here is label that will release this album in February
https://www.facebook.com/fimbulvinterproductions
Thanks.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:31 am 

Just submit the band when the album is available.

Last.fm

Propaganda666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:12 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Just submit the band when the album is available.

Ok,thanks for info.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:51 pm 

Hey guys, i tried to sunmith the band Disgusted Geist and was rejected for the following reason "Since this is a rough demo, please wait for the tape to release."

The tape is already available for purchase in their bandcamp page since January 2, or do i have to wait until the tape ships out to their customers on February 15 to re-submit?

https://disgustedgeist.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Zodijackyl
Definitely Proportionate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:56 pm 

Yes, that's a pre-order. Wait until it has been released.

RaduP
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:11 pm 

E-an-na from Romania, folk metal, were probably rejected because at the time of their submission their EP was released only digitally. Now it has a physical release available for order, would that remove them from the blacklist?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/eanna.romania/ ... 01468198:0

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm 

Nope, they were rejected because they aren't metal. Just folk instruments and non metal -core.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

delcev903
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:42 am 

Band Lower Parts of Human Sludge (Serbia) is blacklisted but I think they can be accepted in the archive. They sound preety much like every other brutal death metal/grindcore band here, plus they have physical release:
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59174B05

SOUND:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTrBIaZjIW4

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:05 am 

delcev903 wrote:
Band Lower Parts of Human Sludge (Serbia) is blacklisted but I think they can be accepted in the archive. They sound preety much like every other brutal death metal/grindcore band here, plus they have physical release:
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59174B05

SOUND:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTrBIaZjIW4

A user would not stop submitting this without proof of PR. Whitelisted now.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427, 428 ... 541  Next