Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:38 pm 

Bonziepsycho wrote:
I'm only having this issue with the Grimmness page, but when I click on View update history I get an error that says "DataTables warning (table id = 'historyList'): DataTables warning: JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JOSN formatting error."

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Gri ... 3540409874

I'm getting the same error as well.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:38 pm 

Grimmness page fixed. There was an invalid UTF-8 character copied from BandCamp. I've fixed it and added a mod warning to not change it.

...OK, I changed the album title, HellBlazer fixed it. :D

MadKraken
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:48 am 

Hi,

I would like to request the ability to filter by lyrical themes when searching for albums. Almost every other band-related filter is already available. I, and several others I know, enjoy collecting metal with particular lyrical themes, but keeping up with new releases can be a chore. This simple feature addition would help us tremendously.

Thanks.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:14 am 

If it's not much work, can reports be merged as well when merging artists (instead of being removed instantly with the duplicate page)? If feasible, such a feature can be very helpful to us.

+ viewtopic.php?p=2643778#p2643778 (bumping)

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:12 pm 

Antioch wrote:
If it's not much work, can reports be merged as well when merging artists (instead of being removed instantly with the duplicate page)? If feasible, such a feature can be very helpful to us.

I second this. Could be pretty useful imo.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:51 am 

I very much agree, consider HellBlazer informed.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:05 am 

Cheers, dude.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:49 pm 

Antioch wrote:

+ viewtopic.php?p=2643778#p2643778 (bumping)

Done.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:55 pm 

G-r-e-a-t! Appreciated. :thumbsup:

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:55 pm 

When a band has exactly 20 similar artists, the Similar Artists tab includes a "see more" button at the bottom, but clicking it does nothing because there are only 20 artists with 3 or more votes.

See here: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Kra ... ar_artists

The criteria should be changed from >=20 to >20.

lunaterra
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:35 pm 

There were two pages for Daisuke, so I filed a report to get them merged. That's done, but now the activity years for his previous band are messed up:
...and the edit page only shows one year range, so I can't fix it.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:42 pm 

I deleted it and re-added it.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:15 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
The reports tab on Whorror's page always appears as if there were some reports still open, but when you click on it there is no reports listed. On top of that, when I bookmark the band and turn on the setting that flags bookmarked bands with open report, it says there are six open reports.
Spoiler: show

Bump, still like this.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:34 am 

Clearing the cache didn't work...

Also, the year range are fucked up for that band.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:26 pm 

For some reason all of the Holy Diver reviews for the Killswitch Engage cover are under the Dio reviews tab (for example, all of the reviews under 10% are of such.)

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:58 am 

Bonziepsycho wrote:
For some reason all of the Holy Diver reviews for the Killswitch Engage cover are under the Dio reviews tab (for example, all of the reviews under 10% are of such.)

It's because a "split" version of the KsE cover was released in 2013 featuring the original Dio song: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Di ... ver/414057

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:15 pm 

I don't know where else to post, but the site has been very slow for me in the past couple of weeks, and more so in the past couple of days.
Examples:
- It takes a good minute to save a release (i.e. 60 seconds between clicking save and having the page refreshed with the album showing).
- I've started adding members (not lyrics :p) one-by-one. It doesn't affect the number of points one earns; however, supposing I added four members to an album line-up at once, the page would freeze on me. Not always, though, but more often than not.
- I can't access the more prolific artist pages anymore. They've always been slower, but now they're inaccessible.
- Twice I saved a band photo together with the logo, resulting in one of the two showing after the page's been refreshed. We're talking two times out of a hundred maybe, but still it was 0 out of 10.000 or something :p.
- Merging is taking longer than it used to, especially the loading step, not the merging step. The step when you choose the artist to be merged into your original entry and wait for those credits to load properly.
What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do?

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 am 

For some reason all tabs are in italic for me on this page - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/E.S.T./5861

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:37 am 

Krister Jensen wrote:
For some reason all tabs are in italic for me on this page - http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/E.S.T./5861

That happens when an HTML tag in the additional notes gets interrupted by the "See more" feature, so the page doesn't detect that a closing </i> tag exists. As far as I know, the only solution is to rewrite the additional notes such that either the </i> comes before the "See more", or the <i> comes after that point.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:56 am 

Condensed. It's a very small margin, but it suffices.

Lich Coldheart
Stares into the Void

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:12 am 

I have been getting the following message preventing me from accessing the site more and more often:
Quote:
Connection refused: www.metal-archives.com:80

What the heck's with that? :scratch:
I like keeping my sword wet, like a young girl in her prime.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:01 am 

Two suggestions.

Can we please grant Metal Knights the ability to delete albums, or at the very least child entries? It feels kind of silly that we can move and merge child and parent entries, but we can't delete errant versions like this or this that are either unfortunate duplicates, or the common entries created when low-ranking users try to "edit" a release by creating a new child version. With everything else the mod team does, there's no need for us to have to tag them each time a report like this is cleared up and an entry needs to be deleted.

In lieu of that (or perhaps in conjunction with it), can we change how many of the report categories automatically mark themselves red for moderator attention? I understand categories like Wrong Genre, which can only be resolved by a staffer, would benefit from automatically marking themselves for moderator attention, but other categories, specifically ones that can be worked by Knights like Duplicate Entry, Should be Removed, and Re-release/Other Version, do not. The problem it creates in these categories is that reports that genuinely do need a moderator to stop by are already marked red, leaving Knights no other way to get a mod to look at/deal with a report with out picking one and tagging them in the report with a notification.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

marcus 90
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:31 am 

Starting yesterday i have been getting an error when i try to access the upcoming albums page, all pages work except page 4 for some reason

The message below is the one i get when i try open page 4

DataTables warning (table id = 'upcomingAlbumList'): DataTables warning: JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error.

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:24 am 

Is it possible to make the Cyrillic "е" and "ё" interchangeable in the search system? It would make the search easier and save us from artist pages duplicates like "Фёдор Михайлов" and "Федор Михайлов" regarding the same person.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:09 am 

I've just realized that adding a link or an unlisted band to an unlisted artist's* page gives you a point. I suggest that this be disabled (for obvious reasons), as is the case with adding a photo to such a page.

*By "unlisted artist" I mean one attached to a draft.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 pm 

There's a bit of discrepancy when it comes to bands with an "Unknown" status. On an artist page, a band that is listed as "Unknown" status shows up under that artists's "Active Bands" tab. However, when looking at the "See Also" section of an artist on a band's line-up tab, bands listed as "Unknown" show up as former bands.

As an example, Granatus. On his artist page, his band Sieg Rex 88, which we have listed as "Unknown" status, shows in his active tab. When you view him on the member tab of Ha-Satan, he's listed as "ex-Sieg Rex 88" in the see also section.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:25 am 

Can Instagram be added to the default word list when adding a new link? I might not be using the right terminology, but having it like typing "f" defaults to the word Facebook. I've come across plenty of bands that use Instagram as well.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:00 pm 

and Google Play and Amazon please!!!

MetalEnlightenment
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:22 pm 

Reporting a dead URL.

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/bitterman

Maybe the account was deleted?

I came to an Error 404 User Not Found page by clicking on the sole review from user bitterman, for the live album Les Enfants sauvages, from 2014 by Gojira. It was recommended to report it. Not sure if this is the right place....

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:26 pm 

MetalEnlightenment wrote:
Reporting a dead URL.

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/bitterman

Maybe the account was deleted?

I came to an Error 404 User Not Found page by clicking on the sole review from user bitterman, for the live album Les Enfants sauvages, from 2014 by Gojira. It was recommended to report it. Not sure if this is the right place....

bitterman basically found a unique way to put his account in eternal limbo. It's not really an issue, as it were.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:35 pm 

He just changed his email and never reactivated the account. It's still there, but only admins and webmasters can see deactivated user profiles.

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:48 pm 

oogboog wrote:
There's a certain problem with the popup for adding links once you have something filled within the Link Name field. Whenever you click in the space between the URL and Link Type boxes, the popup glitches and is unusable, and you have to hit cancel to leave the error.

Just an annoyance that should get checked.
[/quote]

Bump this. It is still annoying for more than one year.

Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:28 pm 

^^ Yes, please fix this.

FunkyBurlin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 am 

Did the Metal-Archives forum homepage button on the top left disappear for anyone else? I can still click where it would be and it will take me to the forum homepage, but it's gone.

[Edit] - Nevermind, it's back now.. That was weird. lol

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:14 pm 

BlackenedZeroth wrote:
oogboog wrote:
There's a certain problem with the popup for adding links once you have something filled within the Link Name field. Whenever you click in the space between the URL and Link Type boxes, the popup glitches and is unusable, and you have to hit cancel to leave the error.

Just an annoyance that should get checked.

Bump this. It is still annoying for more than one year.

Pretty please.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:51 pm 

^ I think that might actually be a browser specific problem. I tried it on Microsoft Edge and had no problem, but when I tried it on chrome, that is when that happens.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:41 pm 

I believe that's an issue with Chrome. I get it all the time, too.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:49 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
When a band has exactly 20 similar artists, the Similar Artists tab includes a "see more" button at the bottom, but clicking it does nothing because there are only 20 artists with 3 or more votes.

See here: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Kra ... ar_artists

The criteria should be changed from >=20 to >20.

Was this fixed? My example is no longer applicable so I can't check.

Also gonna bump some really old stuff - please help me make MA better :(
MutantClannfear wrote:
MutantClannfear wrote:
Found a bug. The Portuguese band Colosso released two versions of their first full-length: a full-band version called Abrasive Peace, and an instrumental version called Peaceful Abrasiveness. They're listed as two versions of the same album, each with their own separate listing. Both of these albums are listed as instrumental, and when I try to mark the songs on Abrasive Peace as not-instrumental, it doesn't work.

Bump - this still appears to be an issue.

MutantClannfear wrote:
Mild nitpick: http://www.metal-archives.com/report/by ... /mode/page

On this page, it's impossible to see any diacritical marks over capital letters. The first letter is "Č", but it just looks like "C"... not the most urgent thing in the world to fix, but it does look rather strange.

MutantClannfear wrote:
I'm sleepy so I'll make this quick: you guys need to consider setting a max height limit on images so that tall images like the one on this page don't stretch down into the abysses of the Mariana Trench. Surely you must be doing something so that images wider than, say, 200 px are automatically loaded as a thumbnail and don't stretch off the right side of the webpage? Do it for image height too.

MutantClannfear wrote:
Is there anything the admins can do to make sure that right-to-left scripts such as Hebrew and Arabic orient themselves to the right? Seeing things like the lyrics to the second track on this album makes me sad.

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:02 am 

0th wrote:
This is a suggestion I made before: Add a "Go to page" to the pages like Browse Bands - Alphabetically, etc. Like this: http://www.metal-archives.com/lists/S , there are 26 pages. You wanna go to middle of the pages (for example page 12), you can't go there directly, you have to go from 5 to 7 to 9 to 11 then to 12, or from 26 to 22 to 20....

Bump this.

exile666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:29 pm 

I have been using this site for as long as it's existed and honestly find
almost no fault in it.
However I do have a suggestion that I feel would enhance the site.

Buy their stuff

Currently it seems as though the only buying site you have linked is EBAY
since the disappearance of GEMM. Is it possible to add DISCOGS to this section?

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 65  Next