Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:05 pm 

Oh my god that's amazing.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:32 pm 

That sucked. I was hoping it would go somewhere, but it was so soft-ball it didn't explain even itself well.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:24 am 

Amazing pseudo-intellectual garbage, really.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 am 

The reasons I wrote my review for it become more clear all the time...

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:55 am 

People like that should be barred from listening to music. They don't deserve it.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:17 pm 

Spoiler: show

Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:03 pm 

More translator fun; too big for screenshot.

1% no to be so bad. - 1%
_erlkonigstochter_, May 1st, 2017

Quote:
The Sweden for me has your value and your place when it is black metal bands. Also, one of my favorite scenarios where black metal bands are hosted, and, in great majority, are worthy of respect for having a sound quality, and be part of a movement as broad as the underground.

I, as usual, was browsing around to find black metal bands like I always do, and I came across this project of just a single member baby, whose project called ''Naugrim ". Well, I went for a check-up. My first impression, respectively, was knowing that a boy of just 14 years were in charge. Soon, I thought: "Wow, is that right?" For me, it was a surprise. Because I never would have thought that a boy so young could be in black metal. This may sound a little biased on my part, but in a way, it's for him, yes! I don't belittle anyone, I think we all have the capacity to reach your potential because of quality. So, I was very impressed by your age and be here. I wanted it to be less sarcastic.

Anyway, regardless of age, and forgetting this comment not as important in this review. I believe that the ability to do something impressive and quality, no age sets, and all criticism is valid. Being constructive or not. Especially, when it comes to black metal to me. And, honestly? This album entered the list of the WORST I've ever heard, being brief. I really waited for something good. I really waited for something that I could admire. For something that I could rape the play every minute. For something that would make me believe, and that made me think for a moment, "Come on, can be of your liking." But, no!

Starting with the first track "Higher Source". I don't know how to give a specific name to the vocals. But, sounds like someone who was choking on his own vomit. I've heard worse vocals, but this surpassed all that I've heard so far. A raw vocal, though breathless and without any technique. That pretty left me deaf me so bad that is. "The Dajjal" possess a good guitar distortion at the beginning of the song, and good riffs. However, I realize that there are some passages that the guitar sounds like a cheap video game and used for a long time, showing defects after to use it after a long time again. I can be wrong, or not. But, in this passage that I noticed, being unnoticed was the first remarkable detail. "Mörkrets Kallelse" is like listening to a scratched CD, that running, it crashes causing a sound boring and agonizing. And all the rest of the album. Boring, agonizing, and bad. Although, the instruments, and especially the guitar like riffs and distortion. As well as the fast battery in a low tone that is present in all tracks. At least, something went to enjoy.

Finally, I would like to say that this album to a raw black metal band, have to work hard in those vocals. And, of course, in this mix. For a project like "Naugrim", launch right away an album without any preparation, it's rude to receive that kind of criticism. Let's be frank! If you're going to do something within the Black Metal, please, do it right! No one is forced to witness something bad and evil done to BM even being raw, even showing a sound cold and harsh as it should be a band of RBM, I mean, I excuse the fact that this project be part of rodeo for this type of genre. By boast the swedish scenario a respectable form, as a black metal listener coming from this cycle, don't settle for that. Even a kid who has a lot to grow musically to create and run this type of sound. I may be being ''merciless'' and more than that, just honest.

My dear and adored gentlemen, if you are ready to stay deaf with a noise project interesting, making it the day tedious. I recommend this album to all of you. Live 42 minutes of pure torture. Sorry, but "Naugrim" failed the test. After all, it's black metal or a joke for the attempt of an extreme sound terrifying?
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:06 am 

Last.fm

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 am 

That actually made me laugh :D Also, 100%.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:48 pm 

Last.fm

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:09 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Lol nice save. I rejected that and wished I would have saved it to post here right after I clicked.

What band/album was he reviewing? Can I take a guess at "Iced Earth"?

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:21 pm 

He was reviewing this lame-ass Havok album.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:39 am 

Last.fm

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:54 pm 

It's true, if you want to "look for a band that keeps opened your mouth" you generally have to sort through the seedier parts of Craigslist.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:18 pm 

Last.fm

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:13 am 

To be fair, "Woof bark bark woof yip yap yip woof bark bark bark bamboozled." is a pretty spot-on musical description of Alestorm.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:49 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:
To be fair, "Woof bark bark woof yip yap yip woof bark bark bark bamboozled." is a pretty spot-on musical description of Alestorm.

I dunno, that description seems a little...ruff around the edges...

...I'll be here all week!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:59 am 

Last.fm

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:46 am 

Diamhea wrote:

At least he is right about the only thing Stone did wrong.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:21 am 

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:00 pm 

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:14 am 

Last.fm

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:20 am 

anergy looks like a combination of angry and energy, sounds actually quite metal if it was on purpose though ;D

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:40 pm 

Last.fm

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:11 pm 

^ Holy shit, I actually laughed because that "420 blaze it" came out of absolutely nowhere. :lol: :lol:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:51 am 

Also, Carach Angren are a worthy alternative to Buckethead.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:17 pm 

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 pm 

Last.fm

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:35 pm 

:lol:

FOR FUCK'S SAKE PEOPLE, GOOGLE DOCS. USE IT.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:58 pm 

If my review got deleted like that, I would just default to something short and stupid like, "THIS ALBUM IS A FALSE. DO NOT ENTRY."

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:43 am 

Honestly, just hitting that convenient "save draft" button at the bottom has been good enough for me. I also do most of my rough drafts on paper though so I technically have a backup of sorts on my note book.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:22 am 

Modern computers should have no problem with that kind of thing. Just get a decent word document application open and write everything there. It isn't 15 years ago where computers would overheat and randomly shut down anymore.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:35 pm 

Or just do like me and press the "save draft" button every tenth word or so.

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:35 pm 

Or simply use the Notepad software, so that you could review your album even if there is an Internet cut-off. God I love modern technology.

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:40 am 

Last.fm

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:24 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

I wonder if these peoples know really what they're doing. I mean, if they have read at least once a review they know what they're writing will absolutely get rejected. Or maybe they're just trolls.

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:13 pm 

Most of them are not trolls; they really are that idiotic. It's dead serious.

Last.fm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:42 pm 

Last.fm

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:47 pm 

Put that as a Youtube description and you're bound to have a comment that has actual track start times for the video.

meshigene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:16 pm 

that supposed to be remarkably/hilariously bad?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 76  Next