Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Pale Empress
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:00 am 

Does anybody have any background on this operation? More importantly does anybody have information concerning their credibility? They're the ones who are handling the release of the upcoming Leviathan demo compilation. I've done a little bit of research into them and it looks like Blake Judd (Nachtmystium) is involved with it in some capacity. I assume it's his operation primarily if the material/merch on their bandcamp is any indicator.

I'm really wary of this whole thing, even if Judd is "making amends," it gives me a really weird vibe.

Wasn't sure if this was the appropriate place to post this, I figured I'd get a more concise answer here then I would in one of the commerce subforums.

leatherandtrash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:59 am 

I don't really know anything about the label/distributor per se, but I did order The First Sublevel on cd and vinyl. I was definitely hesitant when I saw all of the Nachtmystium stuff on there, just because of his spotty past, specifically concerning merchandise. That being said, Leviathan is probably my favorite bm band, so I decided for 30 bucks it was worth the risk. I will post on here as far as the results, but that's all I can offer lol. Trial and error.

It was so difficult for me to pass up on the Instinct Decay shirt because that's a very special usbm album to me, but I decided I'd wait and see if I get my LVTHN stuff first and then go from there, not to mention I don't know if I can support Judd financially at all...

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:12 am 

They've been on Bandcamp for about six months and have had hundreds of orders placed. Haven't heard a single complaint so far - from what I can tell Blake isn't involved and it's a legit label that just does licensing.

Pale Empress
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:43 pm 

It's Blake's operation. I doubt he'll pull the same thing he did before. in truth i doubt Wrest would let this happen if he had reservations about the label and how it's being run, or if he thought blake would cut and run after working to restore some credibility to himself and the nachtmystium brand (the fact that prophecy thought it was a safe bet to sign them is a testament in and of itself). he knows people view him as a liability so i'm not too surprised he's taking a low-profile approach to it.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:48 pm 

Blake has also been personally replying to people on Facebook who were fucked over in the past and sending them money via PayPal. He might actually have changed.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:49 am 

leatherandtrash wrote:
I don't really know anything about the label/distributor per se, but I did order The First Sublevel on cd and vinyl. I was definitely hesitant when I saw all of the Nachtmystium stuff on there, just because of his spotty past, specifically concerning merchandise. That being said, Leviathan is probably my favorite bm band, so I decided for 30 bucks it was worth the risk. I will post on here as far as the results, but that's all I can offer lol. Trial and error.

It was so difficult for me to pass up on the Instinct Decay shirt because that's a very special usbm album to me, but I decided I'd wait and see if I get my LVTHN stuff first and then go from there, not to mention I don't know if I can support Judd financially at all...

Please do! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got a weird vibe from this label popping up out of nowhere to release this album. Especially since they have Devout Records who I believe is supposed to release the Lurker Of Chalice demos at some point.

Reply to topic