Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:23 pm 

Lol, that's what I thought back in like May...,.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:29 pm 

Has he been here that long? I didn't know. Although now his accounts don't survive more than a few days? Before, he was able to survive a bit longer.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:51 pm 

Wondering about hells_unicorn's sudden interest in dumping the newly-added bands' line-ups into the album line-ups. Some of them can be found online - not quite the same as the ones he adds but still close - but most can't. Educated guesses? Or does he have valid sources? Can you draw his attention to my message, please? There's not one iota of disrespect between my lines, only curiosity.

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 am 

Antioch wrote:
Wondering about hells_unicorn's sudden interest in dumping the newly-added bands' line-ups into the album line-ups. Some of them can be found online - not quite the same as the ones he adds but still close - but most can't. Educated guesses? Or does he have valid sources? Can you draw his attention to my message, please? There's not one iota of disrespect between my lines, only curiosity.

I started looking into albums to add to my review challenge list for next month a couple weeks ago (have digital promos with descriptions for a few and filled those in), started adding some lineups on ones where I was planning on reviewing off Bandcamp and saw the lineups on official sites/Facebook, though some weren't specifically assigned to the albums themselves but were of bands that had formed the same year. I got a notice about a week ago that I wasn't properly capitalizing the roles of each member so I just started going by what was listed on the bands' lineups instead of typing them out. If this shouldn't be done without having a physical copy of the album I'll stop doing it and I'll ask to have any points gained for wrong information docked. I haven't been terribly active at putting in band info until recently, largely due to being focused solely on reviewing, and as I've been fighting writers block I may have gotten a little carried away.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 am 

A physical copy isn't a requirement, no. As long as it's clearly stated on the promo credits or on one of the band's social media/digital outlets that a certain line-up pertains to a specific album, you're fine. The notice you've received about "roles" must've been from a mod, so I'll leave that to them. However, whenever this is your only reference...
hells_unicorn wrote:
some weren't specifically assigned to the albums themselves but were of bands that had formed the same year.

...and you choose to add the line-up nonetheless, you won't be doing the site you love a big favor. ;)

J__Ason
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:49 am 

I changed the lineup of Shturm - Karmaruna based on a scan of the booklet. The previous lineup was identical to the current band lineup except with Kain instead of Tim, so it was probably assumed based on that. It was added by fog_human back in 2012. He hasn't edited anything since 2013 but almost all his 147 points were gained through adding lineups, so perhaps his edits should double checked.

By the way, I'm not sure if songwriting, lyrics, and samples should be in the main lineup or misc. In particular the former two I'm certain I've seen mods/knights move from main to misc and misc to main (at different times in different places). I put them in misc so if that's wrong, someone can correct that.

Also, there's no default suggestion for "Vocals (clean)" or similar. The exact wording in the booklet was "clean vocals" - what should be put in the lineup for that?

hells_unicorn
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:32 am 

Antioch wrote:
A physical copy isn't a requirement, no. As long as it's clearly stated on the promo credits or on one of the band's social media/digital outlets that a certain line-up pertains to a specific album, you're fine. The notice you've received about "roles" must've been from a mod, so I'll leave that to them. However, whenever this is your only reference...
hells_unicorn wrote:
some weren't specifically assigned to the albums themselves but were of bands that had formed the same year.

...and you choose to add the line-up nonetheless, you won't be doing the site you love a big favor. ;)

Gotcha, yeah, the notice came from a mod and it had to do with the fact that I hadn't capitalized the band member's roles properly (ex. typing out "lead guitar" instead of "Guitars (lead)"), so I just matched up every lineup of digital promos I had with what the current or former band members were listed as doing rather than typing them out. I think there were 4 or 5 albums where I was going by the general lineup giving on the band's Facebook/Home page and simply applied it to the album since the band was founded the same year and had no former members listed anywhere on their sites. I'd say approximately 20-30 points worth of artists were added to new albums under those conditions, so I'll definitely understand if a corresponding score adjustment is needed, it's not my intention to load the mods up with more work than they already have.
Ominous Glory Facebook

My reviews.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio (July 14, 1942 - May 16, 2010)

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 am 

J__Ason wrote:
By the way, I'm not sure if songwriting, lyrics, and samples should be in the main lineup or misc. In particular the former two I'm certain I've seen mods/knights move from main to misc and misc to main (at different times in different places). I put them in misc so if that's wrong, someone can correct that.

Lyrics go in main if the artist who wrote them is part of the band. Pretty sure songwriting is the same.

J__Ason wrote:
Also, there's no default suggestion for "Vocals (clean)" or similar. The exact wording in the booklet was "clean vocals" - what should be put in the lineup for that?

Vocals (clean)

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:22 pm 

Songwriting and lyrics go under the main lineup tab for regular lineup members.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:01 pm 

J__Ason wrote:

Don't worry about the suggested roles too much. It's not meant to be an approved list of the onyl terms you're allowed to add, more like a feature to speed up things and also keep them consistent. If the role from an official source doesn't show up, it's fine to just add it as is (provided it's objective and not nonsense like "ultraheavy axe attacks"). As far as consistent format goes, try to heed the one used by the feature, i.e. that'd be "Vocals (clean)" as opposed to "Clean vocals". Though it's really not that big of a deal.

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:17 am 

This user should be warned for added upcoming album without complete release date. The CD still in pre-order

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 am 

cepit wrote:
This user should be warned for added upcoming album without complete release date. The CD still in pre-order

He has been warned before. Critical warning sent.

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:50 pm 

Melanesia keeps on adding guesswork line-ups - his latest doing
A scan with the correct line-up.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 pm 

Banned. Undo his edits.

Last.fm

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:37 pm 

His lengths one by one earned him veteran status.
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/coffinfodder666

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:48 am 

^A vandal, too. He added this album, claimed it was an EP, and asked us to remove the additional note.
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/618954/
EDIT:
If the report above is nuked together with the album entry, here's the original:
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/616584

Last edited by Antioch on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:21 am 

Critical warning sent.

Last.fm

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:25 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Anhell%20Graven

Ban evasion, as this guy is the previously banned user Celtic Cross.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:26 pm 

Lots of lyrics/lengths added one by one yesterday
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Nekro%20MORTEM

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
Lots of lyrics/lengths added one by one yesterday
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Nekro%20MORTEM

Warned.

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 pm 

Anyone have to send a notice to this newb to do not add album that have more than 6 bands. He did it on here.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:18 am 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Anhell%20Graven

Ban evasion, as this guy is the previously banned user Celtic Cross.

Banned.

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:23 am 

Salpius added several duplicate versions of two albums (1 | 2)

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:19 am 

Krister Jensen wrote:
Salpius added several duplicate versions of two albums (1 | 2)

Also started adding lyrics one-by-one. Warned and duplicates removed.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/khabarov

2017-11-22 13:09:37 (second one) - changes label name in a way that makes me feel he replaced one edition with another by editing an already added one rather than adding a new one.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/EMPEROR_22

Ignored a mod warning and added the real name of a artist. I've removed the artist's name.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:51 am 

That's the third time I'm trying to get an adequate answer.
Hope it's the last.

MasterOfSin adding digital releases writes "Amazon", "CDBaby" etc. to the version description field.
For example, this one was marked "Amazon", although it is uploaded to iTunes too.
And this album was marked "CDBaby", although I saw it on Amazon. Why not "Amazon/CDbaby" then???
It seems he writes random digital platforms to this field and I don't understand why.
What about the more often case when there are several platforms (say, CDBaby/iTunes/Amazon/Google Play/Bandcamp)?
Maybe one should check accurately all of them and if an album is being sold only through one of them - ONLY IN THIS CASE fill it.
Second way looks as paranoic as adding several digital versions for each digital platform.
Thus, I think it is more correct to leave this field blank at all.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:22 pm 

The right thing to do is indeed to leave the field blank, but not every contributor has the time to check all digital outlets before submitting a band or a release, especially when one adds new stuff at the same rate as Master's. Many users add the name of the outlet they got the info from, simple as that. If I were you I'd just remove it and move on. ;)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:59 pm 

Yeah, I also think that adding the online source for a digital release to that field is generally a bad idea. It's like adding the name of the store where you bought a CD to the VD field. These things are often not confined to a single outlet anyway, so it's either incorrect from the start or soon to be outdated. I'm fine with mentioning something was made available through a band's FB or homepage or only spread on this or that site in the additional notes, but treating stuff uploaded to the bigger digital music sites exactly like more tangible properties like vinyl colours is inviting chaos.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:47 pm 

Guys, glad to see that, so why just won't you tell him not to do that?..
PS to Antioch: I remove it usually when I change some other data, additionally, I don't like grabbing points by such a simple way like deleting or adding one useless item :)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:54 pm 

Managing digital releases in all their infuriating complexity and evanescence is still something of a nightmare, so don't expect us to have all the answers and be all on the exact same page. I plan on bringing this up in the internal forum, though, along with some other digital-related issues.

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:10 am 

Hi,
i remember in some thread to talk about it and if an album is release in more than one digital plataform it should be notified on the additional notes.
Meanwhile i will stop to add this information in the description field and add it on additional notes.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:59 am 

Fine, thank you.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:21 pm 

Despite plenty of warning on both Janza and Seeds of Iblis' pages about not adding their plagiarized band photos, this genius went ahead and readded them anyway. I've removed them, but he needs a reminder to read the bright-ass orange box at the top of the page.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:18 am 

Warned.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:13 pm 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
Despite plenty of warning on both Janza and Seeds of Iblis' pages about not adding their plagiarized band photos, this genius went ahead and readded them anyway. I've removed them, but he needs a reminder to read the bright-ass orange box at the top of the page.

Just by looking at that guy's name, he's most likely a troll. I mean, "Girl-raping Butcher" says a lot about him. Keep an eye on him and let us know about any fuckups on his part.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:40 pm 

Newb added a compilation.
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Pa ... e_6/683588
No harm done, but he should be told not to add those.

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:07 am 

Antioch wrote:
Newb added a compilation.
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Pa ... e_6/683588
No harm done, but he should be told not to add those.

Diamhea notified him.

J__Ason
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:27 pm 

I posted about this report a month ago - can I get someone to deal with it? https://www.metal-archives.com/report/v ... /show/mine

I just added a summary of all you need to know, so it should be pretty easy to take care of: ask for proof, ban if none is given.

Quote:
SUMMARY:

Mareridt does not appear to actually have done any of the things she is credited for. She should be deleted, and users artdeath666 and mrrdt should be interrogated/punished for adding false information.

According to user total_destruction, there is no information about who did the lyrics on Arkona - Chaos.Ice.Fire (Hellfire Records CD version).

According to user polytoximaniac, there is no information about who did the lyrics on Arkona - Chaos.Ice.Fire or Taran - Taran.

According to user SF01, the lyrics on Arkona's side of Arkona / Illness are simply credited to Arkona, on both the 7" version and the cassette version.

Only a few people on MA have Creatio Cosmicam Bestiae in their collection and no-one got back to me, but presumably we'd get the same result.

She was added on Chaos.Ice.Fire by artdeath666 on 2017-04-20, as Myrkraverk. Note the name's similarity to the band Myrkur. Myrkur announced the album Mareridt on 2017-05-18. mrrdt joined on 2017-05-20 and reported that Myrkaverk's name should be changed to Mareridt (her proof was "I know this person"), and added the three other album credits. Note that mrrdt is Mareridt with the vowels removed.

My hypothesis is that mrrdt is the same person as Myrkraverk/Mareridt, and she is a Myrkur fangirl who chose a Myrkur-related metal name and got her friend artdeath666 (or maybe that is her original account) to add fake information about her, and then decided that she wanted to have a different Myrkur-related metal name, so she registered as mrrdt and reported the name change and added more fake info.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:06 pm 

^ I've requested the user's attention on the report and asked for a picture of the booklet that the user claimed the artist is credited in.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 120  Next