Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:55 pm 

odium wrote:
Why has been Boia (https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Boia/3540431765) already accepted 12 hours ago? Though the official release date of their EP is 12/15/17, it is still listed as pre-order on "Caligari's" webshop (http://caligarirecords.storenvy.com/) or bandcamp (https://caligarirecords.bandcamp.com/al ... th-cd-tape).

Release date is today. Looks like they're shipping out tomorrow, a day late but not a big deal. It's a reputable label, anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/CaligariRecord ... =3&theater

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:12 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Release date is today. Looks like they're shipping out tomorrow, a day late but not a big deal. It's a reputable label, anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/CaligariRecord ... =3&theater

Does it mean that I can already submit the band on the day of the official release day, even if it is not available for official purchase yet (i.e. marked as pre-order)? The reason I'm asking is that several bands were rejected for me for this particular reason, i.e. that they were still marked as "pre-order" though that changed in upcoming 5-6 hours. These were by released by the same "Caligari", by the way. Besides, the official release date for Boia was 28th of November first, then changed for 8th of December, finally announced as 15th of December (and still listed as pre-order in the official shop, though that's already of no importance, as it's possible to buy through bandcamp).

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:23 pm 

Ideally an album shouldn't be marked as a pre-order, but this case doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Deleted New Eminence from Germany - mostly new wave.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:06 am 

Deleted Audrey Horne. Obviously not metal, but also didn't meet our more stringent SP/exception requirements.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 pm 

You deleted Audrey Horne? You can't, this band has a lot of metal elements, the new album seems to be more heavy metal, listen to this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_BuIGZENfY
I know, this is not here I have to post that, but it's so strange to not find them on the archive!

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:32 pm 

Axel666MoWi wrote:
You deleted Audrey Horne? You can't, this band has a lot of metal elements, the new album seems to be more heavy metal, listen to this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_BuIGZENfY
I know, this is not here I have to post that, but it's so strange to not find them on the archive!

We have and did. Our purge of side-projects is part of a long standing audit we have been doing, that song is on an album not out. If you want to bring them up again, do so after the new album is out.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:13 am 

If that album turns out to be acceptable I can restore the deleted page.

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:12 pm 

I know I'm really late on this, but I just noticed Regression of Humanity (Poland) is listed here...even though when I tried to submit it on the same day as this entry, it was rejected because "This is too short for a digital only EP, especially given the genre." So how come this current entry was accepted and not mine?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:32 pm 

Deleted Sierść from Poland - some sorta blackish noise rock/hardcore punk

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:12 am 

Deleted Mourning Souls from Brazil. Noise. Originally accepted based on a short, low-quality, digital-only black metal release with <20m of original music, the 10 full-lengths and other releases appear to all be noise.

Also deleted Forgotten Krypt from Brazil, no valid release. 12 copies of a demo on CD-R and a couple short digital-only demos.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:44 am 

Dehester, death metal from the USA, should be removed.
Only one track available on their website (kind of noise with death metal riffs)
And there is a demo listed on their discography, but it seems that the tracks were not a demo, just a split with others bands.
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dehester/30883

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:49 pm 

Removed Hellpass.
Short-lived Myspace band with a 16.30 minutes digital-only demo.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:58 pm 

Midnight Rider wrote:
Removed Hellpass.
Short-lived Myspace band with a 16.30 minutes digital-only demo.

Nice

mrnieldie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:43 pm 

:::

Last edited by mrnieldie on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:31 am 

Well you were the one who initially added the bandcamp link, which is currently dead, you also edited the album data.... why almost 5 years later are you questioning this?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

mrnieldie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:16 am 

Last edited by mrnieldie on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:16 am 

Deleted Shax from Brazil. No valid release. The tape is allegedly limited to nine copies, but it isn't even available for sale.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:41 am 

Axel666MoWi wrote:
Only one track available on their website (kind of noise with death metal riffs)
And there is a demo listed on their discography, but it seems that the tracks were not a demo, just a split with others bands.

Someone?

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:17 pm 

Why Vile Apparition got accepted?

The digital version is less than 20 minutes and the tapes is still at the pressing plant.

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Vi ... 3540436118

I directly asked the label.
https://imgur.com/a/HZr7j

Megalodon_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:18 am 

EpicDismemberment wrote:
Why Vile Apparition got accepted?

The digital version is less than 20 minutes and the tapes is still at the pressing plant.

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Vi ... 3540436118

I directly asked the label.
https://imgur.com/a/HZr7j

I was unaware of this when I submitted, no harm intended. I was simply going off the release date announced by the band - I'd heard no mention of delays, so figured the release must have gone ahead as planned.

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:56 am 

Fair enough, I'll boot them until the tape comes out.

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:48 pm 

S9NE wrote:
I know I'm really late on this, but I just noticed Regression of Humanity (Poland) is listed here...even though when I tried to submit it on the same day as this entry, it was rejected because "This is too short for a digital only EP, especially given the genre." So how come this current entry was accepted and not mine?

Any comment on this?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:27 pm 

Deleted Chaos in Head. Nu-metal.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:21 pm 

S9NE wrote:
S9NE wrote:

Any comment on this?

I tried to research this one, but it's far enough out that your original submission is longer archived in the deleted entries. My guess would be one mod felt it was too short, rejected it, and then someone else felt it was enough to pass. Unfortunately, we're not infallible. Sorry I couldn't give you a direct, concrete answer!

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:28 pm 

Fair enough. Thanks for answering.
Oh and for the record, I still have the draft and it says you're the one who rejected it. It's alright though.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:31 am 

Axel666MoWi wrote:

Someone should really check this...

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:16 pm 

S9NE wrote:
Oh and for the record, I still have the draft and it says you're the one who rejected it. It's alright though.

:eek: I can’t remember what I rejected this morning, so... How about I owe you a beer if we ever meet IRL!

S9NE
Magical Metal Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:33 pm 

TheStormIRide wrote:
S9NE wrote:

:eek: I can’t remember what I rejected this morning, so... How about I owe you a beer if we ever meet IRL!

No thanks, I'm straight edge.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:45 pm 

Deleted Corona from Austria. Hard rock.

hobo7088
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:34 pm 

Hey all, long-time visitor & first-time writer here,

I want to pose a question... Sorry if this is the wrong place for such a thing but I could not find any indication about it in the rules or several other board posts after 20+ min of searching & trolling so I want to ask here.

I was aimlessly clicking on "random band" as I often do for amusement, when I came across some Nazi band (Aryan Honour or Aryan Wind or some terrible name). It turns out there are quite a few bands with lyrical content like White Pride and Nationalist propaganda. Obviously I'm biased, but is there no moral conflict whatsoever about chronicling these clowns? Why do we let them have a place in our archive & community? Do we draw the line with any lyrical content like hate speech or do we just let them have their entry and leave it at that? At the very least, shouldn't they be flagged in some way?

Again, apologies if this is the wrong place to pose such a question or if it has indeed been discussed elsewhere (feel free to let me know if that is the case). I'd be curious to hear from a veteran contributor or site mod on this.

Many thanks!

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:50 pm 

hobo7088 wrote:
Hey all, long-time visitor & first-time writer here,

I want to pose a question... Sorry if this is the wrong place for such a thing but I could not find any indication about it in the rules or several other board posts after 20+ min of searching & trolling so I want to ask here.

I was aimlessly clicking on "random band" as I often do for amusement, when I came across some Nazi band (Aryan Honour or Aryan Wind or some terrible name). It turns out there are quite a few bands with lyrical content like White Pride and Nationalist propaganda. Obviously I'm biased, but is there no moral conflict whatsoever about chronicling these clowns? Why do we let them have a place in our archive & community? Do we draw the line with any lyrical content like hate speech or do we just let them have their entry and leave it at that? At the very least, shouldn't they be flagged in some way?

Again, apologies if this is the wrong place to pose such a question or if it has indeed been discussed elsewhere (feel free to let me know if that is the case). I'd be curious to hear from a veteran contributor or site mod on this.

Many thanks!

A staffer can probably give you a better answer but this is how I view it: Bands are listed on the site if they are metal, regardless of their lyrical themes, since lyrics don't change if a band is actually metal or not. Because of that, if bands were to be accepted/rejected based on lyrics, that would take away from the credibility of the archives as a database of heavy metal bands.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 pm 

^ Pretty much this.

Our mission statement eseentialy goes down to "If it's Metal, and fit's out guidelines it has a place on our site". We are a database, putting in personal ideologies in such work is detrimental to the idea of an archive or an encyclopedia. Are neo-nazi bands fucking stupid? Of course they are. That is a sentiment in the extreme majority 'round here. But if it is metal and fits our release guidelines, it's going to be here.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

hobo7088
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:24 pm 

Understood. Thanks guys.

Megalodon_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:28 pm 

Why was Defenstration given a pass? All they've released is a ~15 minute digital-only EP. It doesn't exactly stand out production-wise, either.

Here's a link to it for reference.

Anyway, I'm not necessarily saying that they should be removed, but rather inquiring about the grounds under which the release was accepted. I see it was created and accepted by the same mod, so maybe there is a particular reason.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:35 am 

I can only assume that Doomsday felt the EP was acceptable, overall. The validity of digital-only releases is ultimately up to moderator discretion, so expect some variation.

Mitchfynde
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:57 pm 

The band in question:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Asteroid/38993

They are listed as "stoner/doom metal", but I just don't hear it. They are a stoner rock band. I'm actually a fan of their first two records and have listened to them quite a lot, but aside from one or two riffs... there's really nothing metal here.

Here's a link to the first album. I believe this is why they may have been allowed on here. It's fairly metallic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDyvbqrZQ0g

I would have submitted a thingy about this, but I got temporarily banned once already for submitting something stupid. I figured it might be a better move to make a discussion about it on here. So, what do you think? Should they be removed?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:44 am 

hmmm, I'll check out Asteroid soon. EDIT: Okay, gave all three full-lengths a listen and I agree with you. Stoner/psych rock with minimal metal present. Will delete.

Deleted Poropetra, Yossi Sassi (Band) and Roman Kostrzewski as part of our cleaning and re-evaluation process of non-metal exceptions. Also the Messiah Marcolin project Requiem, which is not metal but some kind of electronic music.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:28 am 

Axel666MoWi wrote:
Axel666MoWi wrote:

Someone should really check this...

Yeeeeaaahh, I very much doubt that that demo is acceptable/exists. Deleted.

Mitchfynde
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
hmmm, I'll check out Asteroid soon. EDIT: Okay, gave all three full-lengths a listen and I agree with you. Stoner/psych rock with minimal metal present. Will delete.

Deleted Poropetra, Yossi Sassi (Band) and Roman Kostrzewski as part of our cleaning and re-evaluation process of non-metal exceptions. Also the Messiah Marcolin project Requiem, which is not metal but some kind of electronic music.

Yeah, I really figured Asteroid didn't fit. Only their first album really has any metal elements at all. The rest of the discography has basically none. Like I said before, I really do like the band... but they're not metal.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:22 pm 

On what release is Drain(STH) playing metal?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE4mgDkczck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TztBPJkqK8M

I apologize to anyone who has to sit through this.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 168  Next