BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:42 am 

Hi,
We have some info:
http://brutalassault.cz/en/

Spoiler: show

Quote:
BA 2018 dates announced, early bird tickets up for sale and the first batch of bands revealed! published 1 week, 4 days ago

After the last year, that was for the first time in history sold out in pre-sale, we now bring you early bird tickets for Brutal Assault 2018! The festival will be held between 8th and 11th August 2018 again in the fortress Josefov.

The first wave of PRINT @ HOME tickets is on sale until the end of April 2018. Please order at our new eshop shop.brutalassault.cz.

We are happy to welcome Swedish classics AT THE GATES – who spawned melodic death metal, influenced metalcore and went ahead of their time with the all-time classic record Slaughter of the Soul. Confirmed is also demonic Hellenic death metal of DEAD CONGREGATION, who themselves have also re-defined blasphemous death metal stemming from the depths of netherworld with their instant-classic debut record Graves of the Archangels. Ever since they’ve stayed loyal to the subgenre they helped to revive and belong among the most essential bands death metal has to offer these days.

SADISTIC INTENT set their path to be classical styled underground death metal around 30 years ago, when it was not yet coined what will be in the future regarded as so and they never strayed from this path. They kept low profile and swore their oath to the underground and we now have the great pleasure to welcome them at BA for the first time ever! After years we will welcome back legendary Dutch act PESTILENCE. Tech death metal pioneers who left significant mark on extreme metal scene promised to play mostly all-time classics.

MISERY INDEX on the other hand never shied away from mixing death metal up with grindcore and helluva dose of adrenalin and they will present their juiced-to-the-tits style at BA again! Returning to our festival are also THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, who are drawing on melodic and metalcore elements and combining them in a powerful and energic death metal blend. And for the first time ever you will have the chance to experience uncompromising dirt-laden violence hardcore grind of their fellow Americans NAILS. Equally uncompromising will be also British act KUROKUMA, who are ready to blow brains wide open with a vicious sludge sound.

The genre of doom metal will also be represented by guardians of the old ways NOVEMBERS DOOM from the US and on the other hand purveyors of progress and experiments OBSCURE SPHINX from Poland. Progressive and reflective attitude to composing will also be showcased by Emperor frontman IHSAHN with his solo project.

As for black metal, even here we managed to get representatives of the ultra-orthodox school in CARPATHIAN FOREST and on the other hand we’ll host agents of melodic Portland scene with members of Agalloch, Uada and Maestus with their new project PILLORIAN. Beyond that we’re also gonna have WHOREDOM RIFE out of Nidaros, Norway, who are firmly rooted in classical second wave black metal of the early 90’s. However, beyond that they also manage to bring in their distinctive style of eerie melodies and massive amounts of charisma, especially in their frontman K.R. Geared to battle with this combination of elements in conjunction with their strictly underground integrity they might be able to become the banner bearers for the genre known as true Norwegian black metal.

The out of ordinary icing on the metal cake will have form of retro-futuristic electronica produced by French half-man, half-synthesizer PERTURBATOR, who took both metal and electronic scene by storm with his peculiar dark synths paying homage to the 80’s and aesthetics stemming not only from movies of the period but also from metal-specific approaches.

Quote:
New bands announcement! Wardruna, Converge, Tormentor, Ingested published 3 days, 23 hours ago

WARDRUNA is a Norwegian music group founded by Einar Kvitrafn Selvik that first enchanted their listeners with their mesmerizing debut album gap var Ginnunga in 2009, which also marked the first part of the planned Runaljod trilogy. In the ensuing years the group have spent a lot of time on adapting their music to a live format and establishing a live band. This resulting in a handful of very special concerts, perhaps most notably when they performed in front of the majestic 1100-year-old Gokstad ship at the Viking Ship Museum in Norway.

With the use of the oldest of Nordic instruments and poetic metres as well as lyrics written in Norwegian, Old Norse and Proto-Norse tongue, Wardruna manages to make ​​a strikingly beautiful and intense continuation of old northern musical traditions. Indeed WARDRUNA primarily use old and historical instruments such as primitive deer-hide frame drums, Kraviklyra, tagelharpe, mouth harp, goat horn, lur and more. Non-traditional instruments and other sources of sound like trees, rocks, water and torches are also used. All of these elements are carefully woven into a rich musical landscape and complemented with whispering voices, melodic song and mighty choirs. Although WARDRUNA's music share characteristics with music typically labeled as folk, world and/or ambient, none of these genres can really describe their unique style. It truly must be experienced and you will have the unique opportunity at Brutal Assault 2018!

With great pleasure we can announce that TORMENTOR will return from the dead after 20 years of silence to play BA 2018! Formed in Budapest in 1985, TORMENTOR is the one the best kept secrets in black metal. Possibly not that many fans of the 2nd wave of black metal bands (especially from Norway) can appreciate the immense influnce that TORMENTOR had on their output. The iconic debut album, Anno Domini together with the Seventh Day of Doom demo are some of the most influential releases in black metal with profound impact on acts like Mayhem, Dissection, Nifelheim, Immortal, Darkthrone or Emperor.

Even though Anno Domini was recorded in 1988, due to problems caused by the communist regime, it took many years to formally release it. The influence had to be spread via undergroud tape trading which kept TORMENTOR under the radar for some, however nowadays the musical legacy of TORMENTOR can firmly be placed amongst other pioneering acts such as Bathory, Sarcofago or Celtic Frost.

After TORMENTOR's early demise in 1991 the band's charismatic singer Attila was invited to join Mayhem to record his innovative vocal lines for the timeless classic De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas and kept busy with the band whilst also pursuing numerous other artistic projects, while the guitarist Tamás Buday is active with Swedish masters of black thrash Nifelheim. That means you don't have to be worried about rusty skills as the bands will be appearing in the classic line-up.

Another renowned musical prophets, this time bending, expanding and fusing hardcore and metalcore will return to BA... ladies and gentlemen, prepare for CONVERGE! These Boston-based heavy-music innovators will release a new album this November after 5 years of silence. The album tittled The Dusk In Us shows the band’s artistic evolution and avant-garde sensibilities while still capturing their classic sound. After forming in Massachusetts in 1990, CONVERGE made their debut with 1994’s Halo in a Haystack. Quickly regarded as pioneers within the aggressive music arena, the band had a major breakthrough with their landmark album Jane Doe—a 2001 release praised as iconic by the countless followers of the CONVERGE cult.

The last band on our list for today are disseminators of sickness from Manchaster INGESTED, who are currently signed to the leading label in their genre of technical brutal death metal - Unique Leader records.

Let's see! :beer:

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:56 am 

Some good names on here: namely, Dead Congregation, Perturbator, Nails, and Coverge. I also haven't seen Novembers Doom, Carpathian Forest and At The Gates yet. But overall, I'm not creaming over the lineup just yet.

... but who am I kidding, I'll still go, BA always delivers.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

~Guest 417309
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 pm 

Dead Congregation AND Sadistic Intent? I wanna gooooooo :aww: :aww:

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:37 am 

This is JUST the beginning! :beer:

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:12 am 

Ministry, Saint Vitus, Blood Incantation, Origin, Broken Hope, and Aluk Todolo confirmed!

Quote:
t’s been only two years since the last MINISTRY BA show but the impression Al Jourgensen and his cohort left the last time was so intense we simply couldn’t resist to draw this powerhouse of psychotic sound back when they’re available with a new record!

Long before the early 2010s, before the legions of Sabbath-worshipping bands emerged from their caverns with lava-lamp font logos and denim vests, there was SAINT VITUS. Along with bands like Pentagram or Trouble, SAINT VITUS pioneered doom metal in its manifestation as a distinct metal sub-genre and in 2018 they will finally make their BA debut!

BLOOD INCANTATION will unleash upon you cerebral whirlwind of atmospheric death metal. The energy and magnetism of live BLOOD INCANTATION will tangibly melt through the PA system, taking you to an unknown dimension. Also in the dimensions of death metal, ORIGIN explode forth with the intensity of a second Big Bang phenomenon, launching cranium-collapsing projectiles of extremely fierce technical death metal, merging technicality with utter brutality. Speaking of brutality, Chicago’s BROKEN HOPE should be the first band mentioned under the entry brutality in virtual lexicon of death-metal history.
Last but not least get prepared for primordial vibrations and sonic manifestation of the forces of the universe channeled via hypnotic occult rock of the Frenchmen ALUK TODOLO.

Fuck yeah for Blood Incantation. That's a massive zinger.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:36 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:
Ministry, Saint Vitus, Blood Incantation, Origin, Broken Hope, and Aluk Todolo confirmed!
Fuck yeah for Blood Incantation. That's a massive zinger.

Cool, thanks! :beer:

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:35 am 

New bunch of bands added lately:

Behemoth, Dying Fetus, Hate, Hirax, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Northlane, Carnifex, Counterparts, and Nasty.

The first two are usual suspects, and big draws, but personally, I'm really happy to see Hate and Hirax there, since I've never seen either of them live. Diablo Swing Orchestra could also be a lot of fun live.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:44 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:
New bunch of bands added lately:
Behemoth, Dying Fetus, Hate, Hirax, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Northlane, Carnifex, Counterparts, and Nasty.
The first two are usual suspects, and big draws, but personally, I'm really happy to see Hate and Hirax there, since I've never seen either of them live. Diablo Swing Orchestra could also be a lot of fun live.

Thanks! :beer:

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:03 am 

Lol Perturbator. I mean, that he's tight and all, but at Brutal assault? Weird..

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:05 am 

Unorthodox wrote:
Lol Perturbator. I mean, that he's tight and all, but at Brutal assault? Weird..

News:

Quote:
BEHEMOTH BACK AT THE FORTRESS! EXCLUSIVE SHOW AT BA2018 CONFIRMED! published 1 week, 1 day ago

Brutal Assault has got one of the first headliners for the next edition! Polish black metal act BEHEMOTH is returning for one and only exclusive CZ & SK show in 2018!

Quote:
“CROSSWORDS” BANDS UPDATE with DYING FETUS and HIRAX published 2 days ago

Thanks to everyone who took a part in the crossword game! And now we would love to announce new bands officially! DYING FETUS from Maryland have been synonymous for brutal death metal for more than 25 years and we are more than excited to welcome them back in the fortress once again, as well as their blackened death metal colleagues HATE from Poland. Old school metal maniacs would definitely appreciate that HIRAX with mighty Katon W de Pena are coming to BA to give us a lesson about true thrash metal riffing!

The list of avant-garde bands is being extended by DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA, Swedish act that originally combines progressive metal with jazz fusion or even swing. Also some fresh hardcore blood is coming to BA, including Australian metalcore NORHTLANE, deathcore butchery CARNIFEX as well as bestial screaming hardcore COUNTERPARTS or beatdown hardcore Belgians NASTY.

So:

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:28 am 

Unorthodox wrote:

They always invite a couple of slightly out-of-the-box non-metal or borderline-metal artists. In the last few years, there were Phurpa, Lightning Bolt, God Is An Astronaut, Igorrr, King Dude... it works surprisingly well when you can take a break from the extreme metal. As for Perturbator, I'd gladly take a brake to bust a move to some synthwave. Missed him two years ago, because Leprous were on at the same time.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 am 

New batch of bands!

Celeste
Dodecahedron
Exhorder
Full Of Hell - (replacing Nails)
Grave Pleasures
Paradise Lost
Plini
Neocaesar
Nocturnus AD
Unleashed
Unsane

In my opinion, a formidable force.

xxld1k
The Sweetest Summer Child EVER!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 am 

As it approaches nearer and the lineup is slowly being revealed, this may be my first time out of the US. Really looking forward to this.

https://www.last.fm/user/xxld1k

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:54 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:
New batch of bands!

Quote:
NEW BANDS WITH PARADISE LOST, NOCTURNUS AD, UNLEASHED AND FULL OF HELL! published 1 week, 6 days ago

PARADISE LOST have not only defined the gothic subgenre and raised doom metal to a new level, they can also be considered pioneers of an entire musical generation. Upon their formation on the ashes of other musical pioneers Nihilist, UNLEASHED were formed and quickly adopted the position of Chief Vikings of Swedish Death Metal scene, which they up to this day refuse to vacate. And speaking of pioneers, we’re also extremely happy to welcome unique thrash powerhouse from the US to the bill, EXHORDER! Another groundbreaking act that will honor BA with one of its unique cosmic death metal performances is NOCTURNUS AD of Mike Browning!

NEOCAESAR will be invoking the best form of Dutch death metal once represented by Sinister and even though the band is recent spawn project, it is comprised of veteran former Sinister members. The current incarnation of Finnish post-punk phenomenon Beastmilk will pleasure the fans under the moniker GRAVE PLEASURES, while the fans of progressive guitar work can look forward for the virtuoso PLINI! We will also welcome uncompromising UNSANE, brutal soundtrack of New York city cacophony and the toughest noise riffs which are able to attack with fury of angry beast.

Contemporary avantgarde with grim undertones will be summoned by DODECAHEDRON, while French CELESTE will cast gloom with their dark post-hardcore sludge. Aggressive and one of the best live acts FULL OF HELL will replace NAILS in the line-up, so get ready for walls of noise and massive explosions of furious rhythms and riffs. This is brutality and darkness in its purest form.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm 

So:

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 am 

New bunch of bands, including some big guns:

https://scontent.fbts4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26731354_1658094814248249_305757695969539482_n.jpg?oh=a49bc3130f1b7efd585606497fbd8bcd&oe=5AE9AE36
(Side note: Yay for zombie sheep.)

Act of Defiance
Angelmaker
Armored Saint
Azarath
Brujeria
Dragged Into Sunlight
Gojira
Graveyard
Integrity
Municipal Waste
Pain
Suicidal Tendencies
Terror
Testament
Wiegedood

I'm SUPER PSYCHED about Armored Saint, actually. Never saw them, never thought I would, and after Metal Church being a blast last year, I hoped they would bring in some old school 80s metal to mix up. They did not disappoint. Some great names on here, I'm sold and I'm gonna buy my ticket soon.

Cianan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 pm 

Just bought my ticket. Will be heading there after Wacken. Super excited!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:

Cianan wrote:

Same here, thanks! :beer:

P.S: But not Wacken. :-D

Cianan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
TheWaltzer wrote:

Cianan wrote:

Same here, thanks! :beer:

P.S: But not Wacken. :-D

Haha, I've never been to either festival, so I had to check out Wacken at least once! So far though the Brutal Assault lineup has me drooling!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:26 pm 

Cianan wrote:
Haha, I've never been to either festival, so I had to check out Wacken at least once! So far though the Brutal Assault lineup has me drooling!

I won't. Too much heavy metal for me.
Same with Brutal Assault. For the third year in a row.

:beer:

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:49 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:

Quote:
GOJIRA, TESTAMENT, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, GRAVEYARD and many more published 1 week, 2 days ago

We are thrilled to announce probably the biggest bands update accross different genres. To spice things up we are welcoming back technical death metal powerhouse GOJIRA, one of extreme prog’s modern leading lights.

Also thrash metal Titans TESTAMENT are returning to BA, the band, that reigned the genre throne with the latest album Brotherhood of the Snake. Speaking of veterans, we are also happy to welcome classic heavy metal juggernaut ARMORED SAINT this time with former Anthrax member John Bush as well as mighty Peter Tägtgren with his melodic industrial-metal alter ego PAIN.

Get your bandanas ready, since SUICIDAL TENDENCIES are coming to Josefov, skateboard anthems factory with monstrous bass lines and the one and only drummer, that makes hardcore thrash legends even more killer.

Who's responsible for crossover thrash tsunami few years ago? Blame MUNICIPAL WASTE for sure aka let’s remind those times when Cryptic Slaughter, D.R.I. or Attitude Adjustment ruled stages. A soupergroup ACT OF DEFIANCE consisting of former Megadeth members will give us a lesson about true heavy/thrash metal riffing.

Fans of golden rock era could appreciate Swedish act GRAVEYARD, the one and only band, which was able to resurrect faithfully the best rock vibes of 1960s and 1970s.

Mexican drug lords BRUJERIA are coming once again to show us grindcore / death metal Macarena. Polish school of blackened death metal will be represented by AZARATH.

British DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT relentlessly push boundaries of black metal, post-metal and sludge to new extremes with a huge wall of amps and extreme decibels of anger and despair. Belgian beast WIEGEDOOD with members of AmenRa, Oathbreaker or Rise and Fall will show us a merciless black metal storm.

Hardcore lineup getting stronger with uncompromising INTEGRITY, a classical Clevo band from the dark side of hardcore that began to put metallic sound into the genre. Another hardcore punk veterans TERROR are also coming to the fortress. Meanwhile, Canadian ANGELMAKER is the new predatory pike in the deathcore pond.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:01 am 

(Spoilered for size)

Black metal update:

Arkhon Infaustus
Belphegor
Bölzer
Cruachan
Malokarpatan
Marduk
Mortiis
Wrathprayer

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:45 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:
Black metal update:
Arkhon Infaustus
Belphegor
Bölzer
Cruachan
Malokarpatan
Marduk
Mortiis
Wrathprayer

Quote:
As many of you know, MORTIIS will be playing the first era set this summer and the atendees of Brutal Assault won’t miss it!

WTF?!? That's CRAZY! :eek:

P.S:
https://twitter.com/regenmag/status/950810651823411200
http://regenmag.com/news/mortiis-to-embark-on-european-and-australian-tours-reinterpreting-1994-era-1-album/

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:09 am 

So, we have:

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:13 am 

This lineup is already super stacked and they've only announced like half of it and just one of these bands is a headliner? Honestly, I'd love to go to this. It seems super affordable other than flights from America; anybody from Europe who goes to this have ideas on how to save money there (i.e., fly in somewhere other than Prague and take a train or something)? Because as it stands I'd be spending like $2000 just to get there and that's a big old no go :-D :-D :-D

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:31 am 

Turd Blaster wrote:
This lineup is already super stacked and they've only announced like half of it and just one of these bands is a headliner? Honestly, I'd love to go to this. It seems super affordable other than flights from America; anybody from Europe who goes to this have ideas on how to save money there (i.e., fly in somewhere other than Prague and take a train or something)? Because as it stands I'd be spending like $2000 just to get there and that's a big old no go :-D :-D :-D

Regarding travels: Flying into other Czech towns or somewhere nearby in Poland is probably not possible. Anyway, the train network is pretty decent around here. Prague is by far the most convenient place to fly to, but maybe check Vienna (the trains and buses go relatively frequently to the Czech rep., it takes roughly 4 hours to get to Jaroměř). Also Dresden is kinda close, but I can't quite give you advice on that and I have no idea whether flying there is even a thing.

As for any other info, feel free to PM me, I've been at the festival a few times and I lived in the Czech rep. for 5 years, so I think I can help you with most of the stuff you might come across.

AbdullahNA
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:36 pm 

TheWaltzer wrote:
... but who am I kidding, I'll still go, BA always delivers.

Amen :nods:

xxld1k
The Sweetest Summer Child EVER!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 am 

New bands today. Akercocke sealed the deal for me.

CANNIBAL CORPSE
AKERCOCKE
HELMET
MYRKUR
PALLBEARER
LVMEN will perform their latest album Mitgefangen Mitgehangen.
H2O
BLEED FROM WITHIN
E-FORCE
HORSKH

https://www.last.fm/user/xxld1k

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:15 pm 

xxld1k wrote:
New bands today. Akercocke sealed the deal for me.
CANNIBAL CORPSE
AKERCOCKE
HELMET
MYRKUR
PALLBEARER
LVMEN will perform their latest album Mitgefangen Mitgehangen.
H2O
BLEED FROM WITHIN
E-FORCE
HORSKH

Quote:
BANDS UPDATE WITH CANNIBAL CORPSE, MYRKUR, HELMET OR PALLBEARER published 3 hours, 13 minutes ago

This time Brutal Assault goes deeper into the underground with another load of bands for the 2018 edition. Death metal fans can rejoice as we confirm CANNIBAL CORPSE bringing their king size portion of guts, blood and death classics to BA once again. Also, we will welcome British progressive death / black act AKERCOCKE a.k.a. reunited band releasing an excellent comeback album of jaw dropping magnitude.

Regarding classic stuff, HELMET with their trademarked groovy guitar riffs and unrestrained drums filled with easily recognizable voice of Page Hamilton will unleash their post hardcore whirlwind within the fortress for the first time.

Talking about darker stuff, Amalie Bruun’s MYRKUR will perform with her atmospheric raw, dissonant blackened riffing combined with vocal efforts leaning closer to the earthy, doomish folk similar to Chelsea Wolfe. Canadian PALLBEARER, probably the biggest Rush fans in the world, will carry their unique doom metal coffin to BA. And speaking of dark melancholic music, renowned Neurosis-like post hardcore cult LVMEN will perform their latest album Mitgefangen Mitgehangen.

Hardcore fans could appreciate H2O, unrestrained hardcore/punk act that blended Cro-Mags and Agnostic Front with punk drive of Token Entry. Speaking of comebacks, after six years we will welcome metal core whirlwind from Highlands called BLEED FROM WITHIN. True thrashers will get E-FORCE, Canadian/Frech act with former Voivod members.

Last but not least addition to the lineup? If you are into cold electro beats, then you would dig HORSKH, French duo beating up audience with brutal electro-industrial.

Cianan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:11 am 

They just announced some more bands!

Quote:
Abysmal Grief
Aura Noir
Coffins
Danzig
Goblin
Harakiri for the Sky
Hypnos
Insanity Alert
Jasta
Sepultura
Uncured

Definitely like some of the names on this list!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:58 am 

Cianan wrote:
They just announced some more bands!
Definitely like some of the names on this list!

Quote:
Danzig at BA! Sepultura, Goblin or Aura Noir on the bill published 1 day ago

This year, Glenn Danzig will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the formation of his namesake band after involvement with horror-punks the MISFITS and gothic hard rockers SAMHAIN. The celebration will take form of a limited number of special shows including debut performance of DANZIG at Brutal Assault!

You know it’s Danzig the moment you hear him. Due to his ingenuity, horror and punk formally collided with The Misfits’ genesis in the 70’s and early 80’s. Danzig vision for Samhain impacted the landscape of extreme music, fortifying the crossroads between heavy riffs and occult imagery so prevalent these days. And then came DANZIG, where the bluesy swagger and classic Danzig howls cemented his legacy with hits like Mother or Twist of Cain.

The phenomenon of SEPULTURA comes back to BA again! For over thirty years SEPULTURA has been delivering their very own blend of death metal, hardcore, thrash, punk and tribal music with astonishing passion. What had begun in Belo Horizonte in 1984 soon turned into a metal hurricane of threatening proportions and has taken on undreamt-of dimensions since the enlistment of American vocalist Derrick Green in 1998. You simply have to experience the surge of energy SEPULTURA delivers live to understand the undying loyalty this cult act enjoys from the fans worldwide. SEPULTURA will also be our substitute for TESTAMENT who cannot unfortunately make it in the end.

Other spectacular addition to the lineup we are extremely proud of comes from Italy in the form of CLAUDIO SIMONETTI'S GOBLIN. One of the most fascinating prog rock bands of all times has first drawn attention of the whole world with their collaboration with prolific giallo horror filmmaker Dario Argento on his 1975 flick Profondo Rosso (Deep Red). On the soundtrack to the movie GOBLIN took frenetic slices of King Crimson-esque jazz-rock and transformed them into their own blend of progressive music. Later-on with albums like Roller, soundtrack to George Romero’s Dawn of the Dead or especially the unholy cult of European prog rock Suspiria, GOBLIN have presented an ambitious affair that blends jazz, prog rock, and heavy metal into chilling and totally distinctive style that made them one of the most important bands of the progressive movement.

AURA NOIR was formed in 1993 by Aggressor and Apollyon to pay homage to classic 80’s metal as Venom, Slayer & Kreator however in the end AURA NOIR forged their own blend of black thrash that now spans five albums and secured AURA NOIR their own place in the parthenon of Norwegian extreme metal.

JASTA – a solo project of HATEBREED vocalist and master of pumping motivational lyrics Jamey Jasta will perform its blend of hard rock and hardcore while death metal genre will be represented by local heroes HYPNOS in its traditional form and upcoming young band from NYC UNCURED, that is tuned to the progressive side of the thing with its combination of technical musicianship, brutal riffs, and melodic interludes.

COFFINS from Tokyo, Japan will play their doom laden rotten death metal, scavenging the depths of evil and darkness. Their refreshing and mind-bending amalgamation of doom and death metal’s greatest moments will crush your souls.

A hidden treasure of underground gothic doom metal – ABYSMAL GRIEF will make their BA debut. These gloomy masters of dark sound will take you down the damned path leading to the sepulcher, among the dusty coffins.

The last two bands on the bill are HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY with their synthesis of post-rock textures and emotional black metal rage and INSANITY ALERT with their crossover thrash in vein of S.O.D. or D.R.I.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:11 am 

More bands!

Quote:
Bands update to spice it up: Laibach, Green Carnation or Pain of Salvation (published 2 weeks, 1 day ago)

This update of the festival line-up is made not just of your meat and potatoes bands you would generally expect from established metal festival as we were focusing on bringing in more exotic flavours that are not usually consumed by large crowds of metalheads... However we know that BA fans are special and hence deserve some special spice! Enjoy!

Cult originators of retro-avant-garde LAIBACH are making one of their ultra-rare festival appearances at this years’ BA! The retro-avant-garde of LAIBACH is an artform ranging from graphics, paintings, videos and installations, to concerts and performances, creatively questioning artistic ‘quotation’, appropriation, re-contextualisation, copyright and copy-left. Although starting out as both an art and music collective, LAIBACH became internationally renowned foremost on the music scene, particularly with their unique cover-versions and interpretations of hits by Queen, the Rolling Stones or Beatles.

GREEN CARNATION both precede and are a natural successor of the experimental/avant-garde trailblazers In the Woods... and since its namesake blossoms first appearance, peering from beneath the permafrost of Norways winter, each successive GREEN CARNATION album is a welcome sight in the dreary sameness of general scene and their set at BA 2018 will be musical sight not to miss.

The ultimate melodicity of the renowned Swedish progressives PAIN OF SALVATION may be even too sweet to swallow for general BA crowd, however the raw emotions cloaked in dark, progressive polyrhythms and challenging syncopations, brilliantly darkened keys and percussive muscle will serve as a diversification of blasting metal elements at this years BA.

Fans of alternative approaches towards both life and music can look forward for KrishnaCore mantras of positive drug-free attitude to life of the 90’s spawned by Ray Cappo’s project SHELTER. US based trouble-makers WISDOM IN CHAINS will kick some ass with their killer street rock mixed up with some heavy old school hardcore and Oi! while Manchester hardcore youngbloods BROKEN TEETH will do their big BA debut after stirring up the European underground intensively for the past two years.

Another fascinating hot spice for the lineup will be the experimental hardcore-based synth-driven technical mix of styles of ROLO TOMASSI, who are expressing themselves with loud, energetic vibrancy and intelligence that is not cloaked in any gimmickry, macho posturing or stupid imagery while from the opposite side of the hardcore spectrum we will have EVERGREEN TERRACE, who trail their own path with their powerful combination of melodic hardcore and punk-rock strains.

Swiss pioneers MESSIAH quickly acquired a sworn fan base in the 80’s underground, however the band has dissolved due individualism of the respective band members. However, the timeless thrashing madness has never been forgotten by the loyal fanbase and after 14 years of silence since the brief reanimation in 2003 MESSIAH are now back and will take BA by storm!

Iceland has spawned many of the contemporary black metal finest acts and this small indigenous but prolific scene is sending ambassadors from MISÞYRMING, yet the Icelandic domination over the avantgarde dark music scene of Europe might be disputed by ULSECT. ULSECT are born of collaboration between Dodecahedron and Textures members and their music shifts from dense death metal dissonance to lucent avant-garde atmosphere.

NERVOCHAOS were established in São Paulo in 1996 and have been spawning aggressive and chaotic music shredding the barriers of death metal and hard core ever since while touring the world and this year they will debut our festival! Even more exotic in their origin and dedicated to sheer musical brutality are progenitors of Indonesian BDM scene JASAD, who will torture European sickos for the first time ever!

Last but not least, get ready for one truly party experience with STEVE ‘N’ SEAGULLS, undoubtedly one-of-a-kind band from Finland playing bluegrass versions of notoriously known metal classics. Have you ever dance at BA listening to agro country versions of Iron Maiden?

Just got my ticket. :thumbsup:

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:00 am 

More news:

Quote:
THE LAST UNDERGROUND LINE-UP UPDATE! published 1 week, 3 days ago

First off let’s start with bands that cannot make it to BA this year for various reasons, among these are DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA, IHSAHN, SAINT VITUS, NOVEMBERS DOOM and GRAVEYARD.

This update kicks off with relentless Swedish death/thrash DIABOLICAL and a household name of alternative hardcore with rap influences DOG EAT DOG! British doom masters ESOTERIC are spawn of the post-industrial decay in Birmingham and the aural mayhem they bring forth is a gloomy way of looking at things that the classic Polish metal hardcore FRONTSIDE also deal with but in their own style bending way. Italian bulldozing goregrind GUINEAPIG are considerably lighter in their selection of topics. On the list will also be Dutch grindcore heavyweights INHUME that could make Czech Republic their second home, great progressive death from the miniscule Principality of Andorra PERSEFONE and absolute legends of Brazilian crossover RATOS DE PORÃO!

Our update further continues with the finest selection of what the local underground has to offer: flesh cutting death mongers ANIME TORMENT and CUTTERED FLESH, dark shoegaze DÆRRWIN, classic symphonic death DEPRESY, forefathers of local US-styled death metal scene GODLESS TRUTH, industrial black GORGONEA PRIMA, wild provocateurs HENTAI CORPORATION, melodic death INNERSPHERE, deathgriding hardcore POPPY SEED GRINDER, unique alternatives PRVNÍ HOŘE, emo hardcore RAVELIN 7, Slovak folkish black RAMCHAT and the originators of ethno-doom SILENT STREAM OF GODLESS ELEGY.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:34 pm 

Quote:
THE VERY LAST UPDATE WITH COMEBACK KID OR TOXIC HOLOCAUST published 1 week, 6 days ago

We still have few more bands to spice the whole thing up. So here comes the very last update. Canadian hardcore machine COMEBACK KID will shake fortress walls with unstoppable energy of sharp guitars and one-of-a-kind vocals of Andrew Neufeld. One of the top hardcore bands nowadays will drag you into the pit after seven long years.

Regarding comebacks, we are more than excited to welcome back TOXIC HOLOCAUST, a band you can always count on if you want some classic straightforward no-bulshit 80s thrash metal. Do not hesitate and apply for master's degree in headbanging since Joel Grind's squad will give you a truly old school lesson!

On the other hand, Australian ESKHATON would please everybody who admire chaotically brutal and nihilistic death metal in vein of Portal. If you expect traditional structures and hooks and obvious riffs, then you should move along. Eskhaton are all about violence, chaos, intensity and bestial wrath.

Among all those recorded-in-a-cave bands, there are only few winners and Chilean black/death metallers ORACULUM are definitely one of them. Their blasphemous craft worships relentless barbarity of all those proto black and death metal classics and brings you back to era when metal was purely underground.

From Mortiis's newsletter:

Quote:
Last but not least MORTIIS is touring around the globe to present a live reinterpretation of the 1994 classic album “Ånden Som Gjorde Opprør”!

JUN 02 Revolution Festival, Timișoara, Romania
JUN 15 Salón Bolívar, Mexico, Mexico
JUN 24 Ragnard Reborn Festival, Kharkiv, Ukraine
JUN 29 Kilkim Žaibu, Varniai, Lithuania
JUL 14 Castle Party, Bolków, Poland
JUL 25 Badlands Bar, Perth, Australia
JUL 26 Crowbar, Fortitude Valley, Australia
JUL 27 The Factory Theatre, Sydney, Australia
JUL 28 Bendigo Hotel, Collingwood, Australia
JUL 29 Brisbane Hotel, Hobart, Australia
JUL 30 Enigma Bar, Adelaide, Australia
JUL 31 Darkroom, Christchurch, New Zealand
AUG 01 Valhalla, Wellington, New Zealand
AUG 02 Whammy Bar, Auckland, New Zealand
AUG 09 Brutal Assault Festival, Jaromer, Czech Republic
NOV 15 Mvseo Rock, Buenos Aires, Argentina
NOV 17 Fundación Teatro Bolívar, Quito, Ecuador

Anyway, I think I WON'T be able to go this year. :cry:

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:31 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Anyway, I think I WON'T be able to go this year. :cry:

STILL not sure. :grumble:

Cianan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 pm 

I'm actually really happy with the days for each band, as for me personally, the bands I want to see are all scattered around so I hopefully shouldn't have to worry about making tough choices.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:30 am 

Full schedule here:

Surprisingly few scheduling conflicts for me personally.

By the way, the fun starts at Tuesday afternoon already. This is the warm-up party lineup, starts around 4 PM:

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES
MONUMENTS OF MISANTHROPY
ROOT
GRIDE
BEAST WITHIN THE SOUND

Hit me up if you need any info or help.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 am 

TheWaltzer wrote:
Full schedule here:
Hit me up if you need any info or help.

Enjoy, guys! :beer:

No holidays for me this year. :cry:

Archtur
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:26 pm 

I will be there.... it is my 3rd time in a row !!!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 am 

Archtur wrote:
I will be there.... it is my 3rd time in a row !!!

It should have been mine too. :(

Fuck! Tomorrow!

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2  Next