Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:34 am 

It was absotively posolutely meant as a joke. That was literally the entire point of the line.

Overall I really enjoyed Black Panther. In a weird twist of fate, the only thing I didn't like about it were the generic and dull action scenes which, ironically, are usually the only reason I can stand Marvel movies. I wouldn't call it better than Spider-man Homecoming or Thor: The Dark World or the second two Captain America movies, but it was goddamn light years ahead of dumpster fires like Captain America and Thor 1 and fucking Ant Man.

Also, if judged purely as a comic book origin story, it may be about the best one ever made, lol.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:22 am 

thanks for sticking it to the white cucks on the board, PD - i appreciate the honest and accurate assessment of that race baiting hollywood bullshit.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:53 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Every time PD says 'sub-Saharan' a little white boy in Florida gets his first Nazi Youth haircut.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:55 am 

I also love the bullshit non-argument about how nobody would have cared if it were about white people. Yeah, no shit, that would have changed the entire context and point of the movie.

Electric Death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 pm 

I'm surprised no one pointed this out yet but guns are useless in the context of a society that uses a metal that could absorb energy/vibrations (hence, the name Vibranium). Zhuri even spoonfed us the details on how Vibranium works and how the new Panther suit could absorb energy.

So with rifles and guns out of the way, hand to hand combat with weapons that can shapeshift makes more sense.

Then again, if I had to explain all that for someone to enjoy that movie, I don't think I would want to go out on a movie date with that person.

Psyche_Dome
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Every time PD says 'sub-Saharan' a little white boy in Florida gets his first Nazi Youth haircut.

I don't get the reference; what has a slang term for the German Government over 70 years ago got to do with it?

What's Florida got to do with it?

Please–anyone from Europe!!!

Psyche_Dome
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 pm 

Electric Death wrote:
I'm surprised no one pointed this out yet but guns are useless in the context of a society that uses a metal that could absorb energy/vibrations (hence, the name Vibranium). Zhuri even spoonfed us the details on how Vibranium works and how the new Panther suit could absorb energy.

So with rifles and guns out of the way, hand to hand combat with weapons that can shapeshift makes more sense.

Then again, if I had to explain all that for someone to enjoy that movie, I don't think I would want to go out on a movie date with that person.

Imagine Tony Stark with this technology. Imagine Tony Stark; 'what the fuck are you folk doing?'

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:33 pm 

Psyche_Dome wrote:
He drinks fecking flower juice, making him strong, but no other soldier or bodyguards can drink this magic juice from the magic flower. In fact, stuff the Panther nonsense and go with Flower Man as his super hero name; what dumb shit!

This just in! Superman now renamed to more accurate "Alien Boy". Batman now known as "Dead Parents Avenger".

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:33 pm 

i think you mean you people

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Electric Death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:36 pm 

Psyche_Dome wrote:
Electric Death wrote:

Imagine Tony Stark with this technology. Imagine Tony Stark; 'what the fuck are you folk doing?'

I don't know man when the Stark family got vibranium they made a frisbee.

Last edited by Electric Death on Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BastardHead
Worse than the PMRC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:36 pm 

PD: This doesn't make sense.

Literally everybody: Actually it does if you just pay attention to the context and themes of the film, it's actually explained in plain English.

PD: BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS OTHER CHARACTER WITH COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IDEALS, MORALS, AND PERSONALITY??

I'm willing to bet everything I own that PD originally wrote "spear-chuckers" in that first post before catching himself and rewording it.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:37 pm 

honestly, it amazes me that PD doesn't think the fact that everyone is so well spoken is the most unbelievable part

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Psyche_Dome
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:39 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Psyche_Dome wrote:
He drinks fecking flower juice, making him strong, but no other soldier or bodyguards can drink this magic juice from the magic flower. In fact, stuff the Panther nonsense and go with Flower Man as his super hero name; what dumb shit!

This just in! Superman now renamed to more accurate "Alien Boy". Batman now known as "Dead Parents Avenger".

Superman and Batman do not have power because they drink fecking flower juice. There's depth to their characters. The lead protagonist in Dumb Panther doesn't even get the depth of character. At least Captain America had some character development.

Peter Parker was bitten by a genetically engineered spider and changed on a genetic level. Every fecking one of Panther's sidekicks could b given the dumb flower juice. It's poor writing, unlike The Winter Soldier or Iron Man.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 pm 

Psycho_Dome wrote:
Why can't everything just stay in the same general mold of a rich white businessman character? Why does there have to be anything different or challenging in this fantasy universe that's not like my safe comfortable narrow mind wants it???

Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:44 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
honestly, it amazes me that PD doesn't think the fact that everyone is so well spoken is the most unbelievable part

:bow: :bow:

That'll do.

Psyche_Dome
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:44 pm 

BastardHead wrote:

Literally everybody: Actually it does if you just pay attention to the context and themes of the film, it's actually explained in plain English.

PD: BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS OTHER CHAcRACTER WITH COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IDEALS, MORALS, AND PERSONALITY??

I'm willing to bet everything I own that PD originally wrote "spear-chuckers" in that first post before catching himself and rewording it.

I know that Europe and America are in two different worlds, both ethnically and culturally, but I find it to be really amazing how your perceptions are so different from Europe, Russia, Asia, Australasia.

You're in auto on my critique; too race conscious about this matter.

Last edited by Psyche_Dome on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:48 pm 

nekrosonic wrote:
Finally, I'm fucking unable to contain my hype for the next Quentin Tarantino flick 'One Upon A Time In Hollywood'. It's supposed to star (allegedly) DiCaprio, Pitt, Cruise and Margot Robbie. Possibly the most stacked leading cast of all time? I fucking loved Django and H8 and am one of the rare few who think QT has only gotten better since he started - his last two films I rank right alongside Pulp Fiction and Inglorious as his best. Here's to hoping this new one continues the trend.

I am also very excited for this. All that mess with Uma Thurman in the past couple weeks had me worried that it might grind all this to a halt, but it looks like it's blown over now.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Schlub_Niggurath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:59 pm 

Psyche_Dome wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

PD: BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS OTHER CHAcRACTER WITH COMPLETELY DIFFERENT IDEALS, MORALS, AND PERSONALITY??

I know that Europe and America are in two different worlds, both ethnically and culturally, but I find it to be really amazing how your perceptions are so different from the Europe, Russia, Asia, Australasia.

You're in auto on my critique; too race conscious about this matter.

You keep calling them spear-throwers and third worlders. It's so obvious that you went into the film with a big, black chip on your shoulder

Psyche_Dome
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

Oh dear!

CoconutBackwards
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:15 pm 

Razakel wrote:
Hey, I'm the biggest Godzilla fan ever. I'd be really stoked on Criterion re-releases if they had cool bonus features. I've always wanted to watch a really good documentary on old Tokusatsu movies. But otherwise I still have my VHS copies of most of the Showa-era Godzillas.

What did you think of Shin Godzilla, nekrosonic? Seriously one of my favourite ones ever. I've got that on blu-ray but unfortunately it doesn't have any behind-the-scenes stuff. Still, can't wait til they announce a sequel.

I loved Shin Godzilla. I'm not a huge Godzilla buff, so I haven't seen as many as I'm sure you have, but I really liked this movie. I remember reading somewhere there are problems with rights and we won't be seeing a sequel any time soon which is why they're making the animated movies on Netflix.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:20 pm 

Enough.

PD, your subtle racism isn't subtle whatsoever, and I'd be right minded to toss you if you decide that it's worth continuing this tirade of yours.

The rest of you, as tempting as it can be, don't take the bait and jump into dumpster fire discussions. It's a better judgment to report the post, and let us deal with it, than to see the thread derailed in a manner that is both inflammatory and unnecessary.

With that said, let's move on from this.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 pm 

Psyche_Dome wrote:

Superman and Batman do not have power because they drink fecking flower juice.

Right, Superman ONLY has power because he just so happens to be absorbing a very specific frequency of radiation, completely by accident, through our yellow sun. Superdepth. SuperRad. SuperInteresting.

Psyche_Dome
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:46 pm 

Derigin wrote:
Enough.

PD, your subtle racism isn't subtle whatsoever, and I'd be right minded to toss you if you decide that it's worth continuing this tirade of yours.

The rest of you, as tempting as it can be, don't take the bait and jump into dumpster fire discussions. It's a better judgment to report the post, and let us deal with it, than to see the thread derailed in a manner that is both inflammatory and unnecessary.

With that said, let's move on from this.

Completely wrong! There's not one racist comment or any underlying racist comment from myself. Again, an American audience in the most racist society in the western world–completely misinterpreting a critique of a movie, because of an indoctrinated and cultural misinterpretation.

I wont mention this movie again: and note! I lauded the movie Get Out, which has an amazing underlining story about culture and racism.

And, my best mates are Mayo, who's half black. Costa, who's Greek, and Dani, who's Irish-Iranian . I'm a Londoner, and I'm disgusted by these comments.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:52 pm 

My post wasn't an invitation for you to continue. Since you chose poorly, enjoy your break.

EDIT: On second look, you're a ban evader for fucking Holocaust denial? Yeah, take a permanent break instead.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Xlxlx
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 pm 

My fucking god, well, that explains everything :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Infant Annihilator are well known to sell their albums on Iron Maiden - Killers tapes that they recorded their stuff over. And they're in the process of figuring out how to burn over pressed Beherit and Darkthrone CDs.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:45 pm 

I knew I couldn't trust someone who defended latter day Megadeth as much as he did.

~Guest 417309
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:14 pm 

Razakel wrote:
Hey, I'm the biggest Godzilla fan ever. I'd be really stoked on Criterion re-releases if they had cool bonus features. I've always wanted to watch a really good documentary on old Tokusatsu movies. But otherwise I still have my VHS copies of most of the Showa-era Godzillas.

What did you think of Shin Godzilla, nekrosonic? Seriously one of my favourite ones ever. I've got that on blu-ray but unfortunately it doesn't have any behind-the-scenes stuff. Still, can't wait til they announce a sequel.

Shin Godzilla fucking destroyed my panties bro. Possibly my second favorite out of all the films, behind only the original. Fucking adored the Muto and the whole evolution angle, thought it really brought the franchise back to it's horror roots, and the whole strucutre was so unique and the action was delivered so quickly, watching it the first time was like a religious experience lol. Hell, I think it makes Godzilla (2014) look downright boring. Exactly 10 minutes of Godzilla in that one, for a 123 minute movie. They should have called it 'Cranston'.

Thiestru wrote:
Shin Godzilla was utterly bizarre. I like it, but it's so strange, and not in the way that Godzilla movies typically are. That Godzilla didn't really seem like Godzilla, and I thought his new attacks were overkill. This was at once the most powerful and the most vulnerable Godzilla there's ever been. I don't know, but I don't see how they can follow that up in any way that's good.

His design and super-charged powers made him feel almost like a demonic force of nature, honestly I thought it was the best portrayal yet. I don't think they'll 'follow it up' with any kind of continuity as, since around the Millenium-era flicks, Toho has been making each film it's own self-contained continuity, anthology style is that called?

Thiestru wrote:
Also, have you guys seen the animated Godzilla on Netflix? I'm not sure what to think about it. Godzilla's not in it nearly enough.

My slow ass just found out about this a few weeks ago. Planet of the Monsters looks amazing from the trailers, but I want to wait for the right night to sit down and watch it because I'm super excited and so far the right night has not presented itself lol. I think the concept is amazing - kaiju take over the Earth and drive away humanity, who come back 20,000 years later to try and re-claim it? Fucking trippy brehhh. And apparently
Godzilla's evolved and mutated in such a way that's he's almost plant-like now or some shit? They make him bonded to the Earth's flora or something in some way? I don't know yet but it sounds cool as hell.

And about that MCU stuff after pondering it more - my 'self-serious' adjective was not a good choice for what I was trying to convey I just meant, too much exposition and back story for me, all the mandatory humanizing of the superhumans and emotionality mucking up my mindless violence. But Guardians 1 and 2, Strange, Ragnarok and Black Panther are all fucking rocking flicks and it seems like they'll only be getting better.

And Psyche_Dome you're just wrong.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:44 pm 

Planet of the Monsters disappointed me quite a bit. I should say that I don't really watch much anime to begin with, but yeah, it just wasn't very good. It followed the same outline that too many Godzilla movies do - decently cool beginning with an intriguing premise, then about an hour of "human bullshit story" no one cares about, then a pretty cool final showdown. They just could have done so much more with an anime. Yes, they made Godzilla the size of a mountain, but the action sequences weren't nearly as cool as Shin Godzilla. Oh well, I'll watch the sequels and it excites me that there are now three simultaneous, unrelated Godzilla series on the go, but I'm pretty much only invested in the live-action Toho stuff.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 pm 

The Highlander reboot now has a script.
http://deadline.com/2018/03/highlander- ... 1202307522

Upside? Chad Stahelski is on to direct, and it's clear the man knows how to blend good action with style.

Downside? Ryan Condal's show is one of the lamest and most infuriatingly boring programs I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. I may have told the story already, but I was part of a test audience for the Colony pilot and said, in my review, that the $30 I was paid wasn't worth the 90 minutes I wasted on such trite. He's responsible only for shit.

nekrosonic wrote:
And about that MCU stuff after pondering it more - my 'self-serious' adjective was not a good choice for what I was trying to convey I just meant, too much exposition and back story for me, all the mandatory humanizing of the superhumans and emotionality mucking up my mindless violence. But Guardians 1 and 2, Strange, Ragnarok and Black Panther are all fucking rocking flicks and it seems like they'll only be getting better.

Ehhhhhh...I still don't think that's too great a critique. "Stop treating these characters like actual characters and just let them smash shit together" is how we got Suicide Squad and the Schumacher Batman flicks.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:23 am 

Earthcubed wrote:
When did we start considering most Marvel movies self-serious and when can we stop.

+1.

What about Detroit?
https://www.filmaffinity.com/en/film150729.html

Quote:
Synopsis / Plot:
A police raid in Detroit in 1967 results in one of the largest RACE riots in United States history. The story is developed around the Algiers Motel incident, which occurred in Detroit, Michigan on July 25, 1967, during the racially charged 12th Street Riot. It involves the death of three black men and the brutal beatings of nine other people: seven black men and two white women.

We could watch this yesterday and it was not good.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:06 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
We could watch this yesterday and it was not good.

This (Cantábrico (Los dominios del oso pardo)) was:
https://www.filmaffinity.com/en/film503745.html

Youtube: show

Breathtaking documentary. This is where we live! :love:

~Guest 417309
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:25 pm 

Finally watched Planet of the Monsters and actually really liked it, despite being upset at how little Godzilla is in it. It was a lot fucking better than Godzilla 2014, at least. Story was intriguing, animation and acting were on point. Can't wait for Pt. 2, hopefully it's more kaiju-heavy.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 am 

I'm not very much impressed by this year's movies so far. Den of Thieves and The Commuter were unpretentious and nice action-thrillers but everything else I have watched was average at best. Annihilation seems to be a predictable mixture between Arrival and Ex Machina. Red Sparrow feels like The Villainess meets Naked Weapon. Game Night was the usual party movie with a twist.

I'm watching the Zatoichi movies these days since I was able to purchase the gorgeous Criterion boxed set. I have watched twelve movies so far and can't get enough. The acting is great, the films ooze with atmosphere and the stories have purpose.

''Visitors'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/visitors-a-short-story-p1453372

''Bullet'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/bullet-a-short-story-a173345708

Earthcubed
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:43 pm 

Dear sweet Jesus, please let there be more films like Annihilation. My god. Even better than the book. It's been a long time since I've gone to the theaters several times in one week to see the same film. That 12-minute section with no dialogue is almost like a religious experience nestled inside a horror film.

If you are in the American market, do not wait until this comes out on Netflix. I feel very sorry for the markets where it went straight to Netflix.

Necroticism174 wrote:
The last 20 minutes of Annihilation was the best part, yeah. The music was fucking insane.

Yeah I can't get it out of my head, but apparently some of that wasn't actually part of the score. Mind you, they integrated it extremely well into the rest of the scene. It's from this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxkUpzAZrBc

FloristOfVampyrism wrote:
That wasn't meant as a k.o. though, he specifically targeted an area of the cerebellum which, if ruptured, renders you a Jehovah's witness indefinitely

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:00 am 

acid_bukkake wrote:

nekrosonic wrote:

Ehhhhhh...I still don't think that's too great a critique. "Stop treating these characters like actual characters and just let them smash shit together" is how we got Suicide Squad and the Schumacher Batman flicks.

This pretty much exactly the description of the 70's Godzilla era.

"What's happening in this movie?"

"Godzilla fights more monsters, +1 monsters this time."

"If you put the Marvel logo on there, I'll watch it 5 times in the theater."

Honestly, this was my feeling on all of the Avengers movies thus far. Except instead of guys in monster costumes, it was guys in super hero costumes punching CG bad guys for 2.5 hours a piece. I think there was a point in Avengers 1, 2, and Civil War where I was wondering how much longer the movie was going to be. And the one moment where they were doing some kind of character development, from Civil War, it seemed ill-fitting, and the motivations seemed swapped. Captain America and Tony Stark each seemed to be defending the opposite points their characters had been building toward.

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:25 pm 

Wind River - Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch investigate a murder on Native American land. Pretty good movie. Recommended.

Get the Girl - A woman working as a bartender has a secret admirer. Lacking the confidence to approach her directly - possibly because he doesn't look old enough to drink - he formulates an idiotic plan. He'll pay a local sleazeball big bucks to create some kind of ruse to manipulate the woman into falling in love with him. One thing leads to another, and the sleazeball assembles a crew to stage a "fake" kidnapping of the bartender and the secret admirer ...... although as far as she knows, it's a real kidnapping.

This movie was even messier than that plot summary. I couldn't tell what it was trying to accomplish half the time. There were some scenes clearly going for comedy, with mixed results. At other parts I noticed the movie expecting me to care about these characters, when the bartender is the only one who wasn't a complete lowlife, and she got too little screentime anyway. The ending speech was one big unearned wannabe emotional moment that simply didn't work. And the script used voiceovers to shoehorn in profound quotes from famous people, like they do at the end of Criminal Minds episodes.

This is from the writer / director of Contracted, which I re-watched recently and think still holds up. I respect him for trying something different here, but it wasn't as successful.

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 pm 

Also watched "Wind River," thought it was terrible. Even worse than a movie that is thoroughly bad is a movie that starts out good and takes a turn into Shitsville. This one started going wrong at about the point where he was in the police car with that kid, who suddenly started spouting some "Dangerous Minds" stuff about how he was a self-aware stereotype or something. Melodrama, bad acting and awful dialogue ran the show thereafter.
Shane and the gun battle were the only redeeming factors from there on out.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 pm 

My biggest issue with Wind River was that it started out as the type of mystery in which we in the audience expect to learn things as the main characters learn them. Then it decided to just show us exactly what happened with a flashback scene toward the end.

~Guest 417309
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:00 am 

Resident_Hazard wrote:

This pretty much exactly the description of the 70's Godzilla era.

"What's happening in this movie?"

"Godzilla fights more monsters, +1 monsters this time."

This is precisely why they're some of the finest motion pictures ever committed to celluloid, and shall never lose their re-watchability.

CoconutBackwards wrote:
I am also very excited for this. All that mess with Uma Thurman in the past couple weeks had me worried that it might grind all this to a halt, but it looks like it's blown over now.

Yeah all that stuff sucks and hopefully they can bury the hatchet somehow. I'm honestly not surprised at Tarantino being a maniac on set though - Abel Ferarra and William Friedkin were the same way, and those are two filmographies of a very few that can hold their own against Tarantino's.

The last twenty minutes of Annihilation are wicked, but the buildup to that point was a little hollow and dragging. I'd still reccomend seeing it in theaters if you're into these kind of flicks. Ultimately enjoyable, just don't expect anything revolutionary like Ex Machina.

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:48 am 

Watched "Evils of the Night" on Prime yesterday - a shining example of complete 80's softcore/sci-fi nonsense with plenty of very funny dialogue and "special" effects. Highly recommended.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 697, 698, 699, 700, 701, 702, 703 ... 746  Next