Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:09 pm 

HeavenDuff, could you elaborate about not wanting to wear a Burzum patch near Montreal? Do you know anyone who has been confronted or something like that?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:22 pm 

HeavenDuff wrote:
You also have to take into account that right now, it's a very sensitive subject to talk badly about Islam, and that is pretty much everywhere in the Occidental world, where most of metal bands come from.

Speak for yourself. Where I live I get hostility for not trashing Islam. I'm pursuing a middle east studies degree and I've been called a terrorist sympathizer by my family and co-workers a bunch of times for it.

Last edited by ~Guest 226319 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:00 pm 

Apteronotus wrote:
HeavenDuff, could you elaborate about not wanting to wear a Burzum patch near Montreal? Do you know anyone who has been confronted or something like that?

Yeah, it's pretty common these days.

Antifa thugs are pretty active in Montreal. Before recently it's always been just stories I've heard, like bouncers from the Katacombes throwing people out of the venue because they wore Burzum patches. But more recently, at the last Messe des morts in Montreal, a friend of mine attented the show, and she said her and her friends were attacked by antifa in a little bar not far from the venue before the show because one of her friends wore a Burzum patch.

For them, if you wear a Burzum patch it means you endorse Varg's personal political views, so you're basically him... or Hitler... whatever... and you become fair game.

John_Sunlight wrote:
miskatonic79 wrote:
You also have to take into account that right now, it's a very sensitive subject to talk badly about Islam, and that is pretty much everywhere in the Occidental world, where most of metal bands come from.

Speak for yourself. Where I live I get hostility for not trashing Islam. I'm pursuing a middle east studies degree and I've been called a terrorist sympathizer by my family and co-workers a bunch of times for it.

I didn't mean it that way. I'm not saying that there is no racism in Occidental countries, but that in pretty much every Occidental country there is a a strong public discourse against Islamophobia, which often translates into "not allowing any kind of criticism towards Islam". The discourses against Islam still exist, but there is a strong opposition against them coming from both Liberals and far-left political and social groups.

Like Taake and Marduk had shows cancelled in North America in the past few years because antifa violently protested their shows.

But yes, you are absolutely right. There is still a lot of blind hatred against anything Middle-Eastern in Occidental Countries.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:55 pm 

There's also a strong counter-discourse saying the exact opposite things. At least here in America, considering the political side which strongly believes the counter-discourse currently controls every branch and level of government, it's a bit hard to buy the idea you're selling that occidental society is out to get anyone who criticizes islam. Politicians who call for muslim bans get elected president, after all.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:57 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
There's also a strong counter-discourse saying the exact opposite things. At least here in America, considering the political side which strongly believes the counter-discourse currently controls every branch and level of government, it's a bit hard to buy the idea you're selling that occidental society is out to get anyone who criticizes islam. Politicians who call for muslim bans get elected president, after all.

I've not said that occidental societies are out to get people who talk against Islam. I said there is a strong discourse that opposes Islamophobia in occidental societies and that it seems to confuse everything that is somewhat critical of Islam with racial hatred. It is, however, just one of the major discourses, even in the US. There are other major discourses, such as the strong reactionary anti-islam discourse held by Trump and by a large group of people. I've never said that the anti-islamophobia discourse is the dominant or main discourse. I said it's there and it is one of the major discourses. It's common among far-left anarchists, but also in a more politicaly traditionnal way in liberal parties such as the Canadian Liberal Party in Canada.

Now there are a ton of various different discourses that share this common idea, they are not all exactly the same. I, personally am against racism, but do not consider real, founded criticism towards Islam to be racism. I'd never support the killing of Muslims because of their religious fate. That never stopped extremists from calling me a racist for saying it's not right to beat people up for wearing a Burzum patch.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:08 am 

HeavenDuff wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty common these days.
Antifa thugs are pretty active in Montreal. Before recently it's always been just stories I've heard, like bouncers from the Katacombes throwing people out of the venue because they wore Burzum patches. But more recently, at the last Messe des morts in Montreal, a friend of mine attented the show, and she said her and her friends were attacked by antifa in a little bar not far from the venue before the show because one of her friends wore a Burzum patch.
For them, if you wear a Burzum patch it means you endorse Varg's personal political views, so you're basically him... or Hitler... whatever... and you become fair game.

Fucking asshholes! :scratch:

Idiots fighting idiots. :nono:

And we're in between. :-P

P.S:

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:22 am 

Whoa I wandered into the politics sub forum.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:03 pm 

HeavenDuff wrote:
It's common among far-left anarchists, but also in a more politicaly traditionnal way in liberal parties such as the Canadian Liberal Party in Canada.

I'm part of a lot of far-left circles, and I've yet to hear any apologism for reactionary elements in Muslim communities. Unless you count wearing the hijab as reactionary for some strange reason.

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:00 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
miskatonic79 wrote:

Hey man, I didn't quote this. I was gonna say I do speak for myself but this isn't the case lol!

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:12 pm 

Oops! Quoted the post wrong. Fixed it.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:22 pm 

So... we have news:
https://es-es.facebook.com/lamesnieherlequin/posts/974427876039008

Quote:
Continuing to record the next PESTE NOIRE with the sound engineer of "L'ordure à l'état pur". Old equipment for an old - but professional - sound!

https://www.facebook.com/lamesnieherlequin/photos/a.283688441779625.1073741828.283675498447586/979755412172921/?type=3

Quote:
We are currently looking for a synth player with a good level (a musician, not just some dude who mastered CAM) capable of composing dark, ambient pads, and organ/hammond organ pads. The principle is simple, send your candidature to this e-mail address : [email protected]
We will then send you two samples of an already existing track of PESTE NOIRE. You shall compose a pad of synth for each one according to your inspiration and will send us your recordings. The person who will obtain the closest results to our tastes will be picked to compose the synth for the next PESTE NOIRE album.
Please share this post and tag your musician friends in the comments.

https://es-es.facebook.com/lamesnieherlequin/posts/980528495428946

Quote:
Spellgoth (Horna, Baptism, Trollheims Grott, Slave’s Mask etc.) officially becomes the synth player of Peste Noire.
I received very good stuff and still was waiting for more than a dozen of participants but I have decided to immediately stop my choice on Spellgoth for the following reasons:
- He’s a nazi (no, just kidding).
- His parts sound heavenly.
- He is a friend, a man that I respect a lot (I didn't knew he played synth), who listens to Peste Noire since the very beginning and with which the connection will be total.
Thank you to those who postulated and sorry that I had to make this decision so fast.

CradleOfBurzum
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:28 pm 

Thanks for the update! I've been meaning to check to see if there was any recent news. Although, if they just found their keyboardist, it makes me feel like there is still a considerable amount of work to be done on the new album. But, excited that they have the producer from "Ordure" (probably my favorite album of theirs as it has such a bizarre sound) back and that it seems like there will be plenty of synths/organs on the new album, which I always love to hear.

Cynical
Asshole

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:28 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
miskatonic79 wrote:
Well, can anyone recommend me some good, anti Islamic black metal bands that are not connected to the NSBM scene?

Weapon.

Personally, I'd rather support Nazis than rapists who target teenage girls.

EDIT:
HeavenDuff wrote:
Janaza. Which doesn't seem to bother a lot of people since it's a female led bm band from the Middle East

Janaza was a hoax band; it's actually some guy from the U.S. who made up a story to get attention for his shitty bedroom black metal.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:33 pm 

CradleOfBurzum wrote:
Thanks for the update! I've been meaning to check to see if there was any recent news. Although, if they just found their keyboardist, it makes me feel like there is still a considerable amount of work to be done on the new album. But, excited that they have the producer from "Ordure" (probably my favorite album of theirs as it has such a bizarre sound) back and that it seems like there will be plenty of synths/organs on the new album, which I always love to hear.

:beer:

More news:
https://www.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/photos/a.889665241210002.1073741830.887155571460969/946500335526492/?type=3&theater

Quote:
The mix of the next PESTE NOIRE is being finalized and the La mesnie Herlequin webshop will re-open soon.

Posted 10/04/2018 1:38.

CradleOfBurzum
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:23 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
CradleOfBurzum wrote:

:beer:

More news:
https://www.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/photos/a.889665241210002.1073741830.887155571460969/946500335526492/?type=3&theater

Quote:
The mix of the next PESTE NOIRE is being finalized and the La mesnie Herlequin webshop will re-open soon.

Posted 10/04/2018 1:38.

Thanks again. I see Famine had to delete his older Peste Noire Facebook page... I wonder why. I also wonder why he so frequently closes his webshop down. It's not like he's touring non-stop and can't maintain the store.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:25 am 

he probably does because he wants to.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:19 am 

into_the_pit wrote:
he probably does because he wants to.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Famine's that kind of guy. he's somehow obsessed with being underground and keeping a low profile but at the same time he doesn't. He's known for limiting his album pressings to stupidly low quantities it's almost impossible to get a hold of any of KPN albums, probably to maintain the band's kult status or whatever, yet he decides to produce one of the most hollywood-esque, over-the-top black metal videos I've ever seen.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:41 pm 

CradleOfBurzum wrote:
Thanks again. I see Famine had to delete his older Peste Noire Facebook page... I wonder why. I also wonder why he so frequently closes his webshop down. It's not like he's touring non-stop and can't maintain the store.

I still see 2 pages.
Because he gets sick with the human contact, for fucks sake! Image

:P

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:09 am 

The strength of some anon's whinging perpetuates from beyond the grave.

Spoiler: show
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:36 am 

The accusation doesn't make sense. How is it hypocritical to include bands whose politics you don't agree with when the stated mission of the site is to include all metal bands? That's an example of the opposite of hypocrisy.

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:22 am 

I guess I'm going to pre-order this because if I ever decide I want it at a later date it will cost 10x as much.

zera_p
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:11 am 

Personally I think including obvious Neo Nazi bands in the archives is repulsive.
The nazi regime and its consequences were the single most tragic event in the history of the world, a tragedy the human race will never recover from, an event so unique in its barbarism and evil on an industrial scale, no decent site such as the metal archives should give an opportunity of exposure to bands that support this hideous ideology, metal or not. And I'm not a fucking leftist.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:47 am 

pale_horse wrote:
I guess I'm going to pre-order this because if I ever decide I want it at a later date it will cost 10x as much.

Run for your live! :P

:lol:

zera_p wrote:
Personally I think including obvious Neo Nazi bands in the archives is repulsive.
The nazi regime and its consequences were the single most tragic event in the history of the world, a tragedy the human race will never recover from, an event so unique in its barbarism and evil on an industrial scale, no decent site such as the metal archives should give an opportunity of exposure to bands that support this hideous ideology, metal or not. And I'm not a fucking leftist.

Cool:
https://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewforum.php?f=3

zera_p
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:52 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:

zera_p wrote:
Cool:
https://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewforum.php?f=3

You're more than welcome to waste your own time...

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:34 pm 

zera_p wrote:

zera_p wrote:
I'm not a fucking leftist.

Pick one.

zera_p
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:48 pm 

blackmantram wrote:
zera_p wrote:

zera_p wrote:
I'm not a fucking leftist.

Pick one.

There's a fucking moron, if there ever was one.

So wait, being repulsed by nazi ideology makes me a leftist, or what? Are your parents brother and sister?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:56 pm 

Our goal is to catalog every metal album that has ever been publicly released and distributed. We can't achieve that goal with censorship; we wont remove valid bands and albums because we may personally find the lyrical content repulsive - and trust me, we find it just as repulsive as you. However, that's not our purpose, and we expect our users and visitors to acknowledge and respect that, too.

With that said, please don't derail this thread any further, and let's continue discussing Peste Noire and its music.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

HeavenDuff
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:28 pm 

Cynical wrote:
Janaza was a hoax band; it's actually some guy from the U.S. who made up a story to get attention for his shitty bedroom black metal.

Can you provide any kind of source to back this up?

zera_p wrote:

We should also remove Nazism from Wikipedia and from history books, because it promotes it or gives it exposure, right?

Metal Archives is here to provide information on metal music. Removing bands that actually exist from MA because of their political ideologies would go against the main objective of MA.

Just like some libraries are finaly giving access to Mein Kempf because of it's very important historical and political role, I can understand why a website like MA would not censor even the worst bands.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:08 am 

Some more news:

Quote:
The webshop has been closed for quite a long time now because of simultaneous and time consuming work (recording of the next album, participation with upcoming projects, restructuration of the label in order to better serve futur orders…). I’m going in Ukraine soon to finalize the artwork of the next PESTE NOIRE with the designer of Militant Zone and I will re-open the label La mesnie Herlequin after this summer. Release of the seventh PESTE NOIRE album, new merchandising, vinyl edition of the PN albums etc. A lot of (classy and polished) releases are expected on LMH and we will make sure that they’re available quickly for everybody. The shop will stay open all the time.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1044188852396243&id=283675498447586
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:53 am 

Z0MBIE wrote:
Some more news:

Thanks! :beer:

https://www.facebook.com/lamesnieherlequin/photos/a.283688441779625.1073741828.283675498447586/1044187849063010

Quote:

The webshop has been closed for quite a long time now because of simultaneous and time consuming work (recording of the next album, participation with upcoming projects, restructuration of the label in order to better serve futur orders…). I’m going in Ukraine soon to finalize the artwork of the next PESTE NOIRE with the designer of Militant Zone and I will re-open the label La mesnie Herlequin after this summer. Release of the seventh PESTE NOIRE album, new merchandising, vinyl edition of the PN albums etc. A lot of (classy and polished) releases are expected on LMH and we will make sure that they’re available quickly for everybody. The shop will stay open all the time.

50 minutes ago. Same here:
https://www.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/posts/980599568783235

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:22 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
They have a released called Aryan Supremacy, they use nazi imagery, and they play with openly racist bands. I don't care what they call themselves, but any single one of those facts is enough for me to stay the fuck away.

Imagine being this much of a pussy

Mamont
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 pm 

A Peste Noire video interview where Famine talks about about band's history, latest video clip, etc, and answers questions should be soon made by MZ.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 pm 

Mamont wrote:
A Peste Noire video interview where Famine talks about about band's history, latest video clip, etc, and answers questions should be soon made by MZ.

Yeah, thanks. :beer:

https://es-es.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/posts/1006653509511174

Quote:
For all those asking about the video - yes, the whole PESTE NOIRE - "Boulgakov set" was recorded and will soon be released on our official YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/c/militantzone It will also be featured in the upcoming KPN interview that we've been filming with Famine for the past week.

Stay tuned - there is a lot more to come, just give us a moment to catch a breath!

https://es-es.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/posts/1003349006508291

Quote:
Concert de rue de KPN sans autorisation improvisé hier à Kiev dans une rue passante, merci au public d'être venu et à Militant Zone pour leurs idées toujours plus dingues. Jusqu'où ira-t-on ?

Crédit photos : Jurgen MetalPhotography

https://es-es.facebook.com/kommandopestenoire/posts/1003819603127898

Quote:
Black Pest over Kyiv

Those who've been to Kyiv know that Andriyivsky Descent is one of the most beautiful, atmospheric and popular places of the city's historical center. Yesterday, its residents, guests and simply passers-by had a lucky chance to listen to the live session of Famine performing Dans ma nuit, Quand je bois du vin and Casse, Pêches, Fractures et Traditions in front of Mikhail Bulgakov Museum, House #13, and film it. Judging by their feedbacks, they really enjoyed it and would definitely sing along if they knew the words ;)

"Je suis un fist dans le cul de Marianne
Ma première piste c'était «Supremacy Aryan»
Je suis le vice, les couilles grosses pourries du Roi
Expéditif comme une croisade de Godefroy..."

Kommando PESTE NOIRE in collaboration with MIlitant.zone
have lots of surprises ahead!

http://militant.zone/kpn2017/

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:57 pm 

Spoiler: show

:roll: Yeah, seriously, fuck this goon and fuck his shitty music too.

zera_p
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:23 pm 

Herd mentality engaged into the 5th gear!

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:11 pm 

zera_p wrote:

I threw my peste noire cds in the garbage years ago. How's that for you!

zera_p
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:25 pm 

lost_wanderer wrote:
zera_p wrote:

I threw my peste noire cds in the garbage years ago. How's that for you!

I'm impressed! No, actually I'm not. I threw my Burzum collection to the garbage years ago. How is that for you?! My Burzum collection >> your P.N. collection, so I win. And fuck your idols too, you tool.

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 pm 

zera_p wrote:

I'm impressed! No, actually I'm not. I threw my Burzum collection to the garbage years ago. How is that for you?! My Burzum collection >> your P.N. collection, so I win. And fuck your idols too, you tool.

I also threw my Burzum collection in the garbage too. So I still win. Check mate, pal.

Bingewolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:23 pm 

HeavenDuff wrote:
miskatonic79 wrote:
Well, can anyone recommend me some good, anti Islamic black metal bands that are not connected to the NSBM scene?

Janaza. Which doesn't seem to bother a lot of people since it's a female led bm band from the Middle East
Taake has some lines about Islam in his music. Which lead to antifa goons cancelling some of his shows.

Janaza was fake. For a few months, there was stories of a Anti-Islam black metal sect in the Middle East including them and Seeds of Iblis, amongst others. However, when the band started doing media and answering questions, there were many contradictions and details that didn't check out. I want to say Noisey was the blog that figured it out but it's been so long ago, I can't remember...

Taake's problem is less his lyrics than the fact that he's performed in Germany with a swastika painted on his chest and made multiple statements about "subhumans". Taake had a moment where they were becoming very popular and touring the globe but that faded quickly when those swastika photos came out. I think that's when Antifa got involved, not over his lyrics....

The only band I'm familiar with that had anti-Islamic lyrics without NS ideology attached was Weapon. Solid blackened death metal band from Canada.

In regards to Peste Noire, anyone who thinks Famine isn't a supporter of far-right ideology is out of their minds. It's pretty blatant and in your face. The imagery, the bands they play with, etc... There's no question. Despite the underground support they have, I had never really listened to them because I find that ideology and imagery off-putting. I did watch the video posted in the thread and I thought it was kind of cool. You rarely see a BM band do something like this. It looked more like a Terror video than something a BM band would put out. That said, I found the music quite boring.

As has been said in this thread already, there is so much great music out there not attached to shitty ideologies that I tend to steer clear of that part of our scene. In terms of PN, now that I've heard them, I don't even enjoy the music so it's an easy choice for me.

For the Drudkh references here, does anyone have proof of NS leanings of this band? I've always liked their albums and I haven't heard them labeled this way before so I'm curious to hear about it.

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:37 am 

''For the Drudkh references here, does anyone have proof of NS leanings of this band? I've always liked their albums and I haven't heard them labeled this way before so I'm curious to hear about it.''

I don't know for sure but Roman Saenko of drudkh have make a guest session on a peste noire album, so there's chances that he share sympathies for some of those view.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next