Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
orie999
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:14 am 

I had put this as a singular thread, but I was re-directed to this place ;)

Hello everyone. I am new here, so I hope I am in the right place of the forum to ask.
I need help to now what song is this and who is the band.
https://mega.nz/#F!Zb4zXS6C!K8DYcyjAf-kdKSll4kg1xA

Track was recorded the best I could, from my own audio tape. This song played in a local radio in 2002~2003 (i think it dates 2002). I used to let a tape recording the Metal program radio, and later I would decide what songs to stay with. But Sadly the narrator only would say the name of the last song played. :/

I dont get really what they are saying, as I tried and to even get on DarkLyrics.com to see if it matched any lyrics to be able to get a band name. No luck with this song or even the others that I have NO idea where they are from. :/

This songs is black Metal, with female vocal singing in what seems to be a trained soprano, and synths in a very raw foundation.

Hope anyone can actual track this down. Been trying since 2003...

Thank you in advance. ^_^

"Celebration of Life with The Never-ending Universal Sound"
-The Τέχνη(art)of 音楽(music)-"

Karol99
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:46 am 

Can anyone please figure out the lyrics of Dark Tales by Deathrow?

Joel327
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:09 pm 

Need help, been searching over a year, it’s probably a death metal band. A song that uses sample from the original Pashto movie ending, Norma bates talking.. ( it’s sad when a mother has to say the words that condemn her own son) it’s driving me nuts.. thanks guys

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:12 pm 

In case anyone recalls: There's a black metal band, I believe from Finland or something like that, who are known for their devil clothing and masks (yeah, with horns and stuff). They play and odd, experimental form of black metal. If I recall correctly their most recent album was released last year and it was critically acclaimed, but I just cannot remember their name.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:13 pm 

Finland, Devil clothing...could it be Turisas? Although their most recent album was older than last year.

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:49 am 

Just found them: Terra Tenebrosa. I was slightly wrong about where they were from and their most recent album date.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
I overheard a song being played over the PA at a show recently and I am wracking my brain trying to figure out who did it. The only clues I can think of:

Some lyrics may start with "I am".

The main riff sounds almost exactly the riff at 0:55 of White Slavery by Type O Negative: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QuK17lSvDo

The song was doomy but a lot faster than the Type O Negative song. The vocals were also different, I didn't hear Peter Steele.

Could this actually be a Stone Temple Pilots song?
Got the 'I am' thing and riff is not that far from Type O.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdCEPhNBnrM

RomanG
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:39 pm 

Hello everyone. Can anyone help with this?

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/6ftM/NxLHHzFwX

Upd.
I found it. Algol - Gorgonus Aura (2000)

meowsophy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:02 pm 

I have been trying to find an old (90s/80s or maybe even before I think) sludge band for some time. It was a very dirty form of sludge with hardcore/trad doom mixed (more of hardcore in it if I remember right). The most distinguishing feature was a fat balding middle aged band member sitting shirtless in a yoga pose with rather distinguishing eyes. There were candles burning to both sides of him I believe. The same person is also behind another such sludge project. I remember watching a sort of music video of them; old black and white footage of them destroying a tv set in an abandoned part of some city.

If it helps, I probably found out about it from a rym/last.fm list of slow death metal (!) bands whose top items were death/funeral oriented and bottom were sludgier.

So can anyone find me this band?

meowsophy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:24 pm 

Found it! The bands are https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Upsidedown_Cross/24886 and Kilslug.

Cant find the video right now though.

Tanuki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:10 pm 

Hey folks, got one that's driving me crazy, hope someone can help.

This band played some amalgam of thrash and metalcore, released an album in the mid-00's that was really hyped but was allegedly terrible. From what I remember, the coverart is like a gold mask, and I'm pretty sure the band's name began with an A. I know it's not Apophis, but I think it's something similar.

Woutjinho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 pm 

August Burns Red? With Thrill Seeker?

Atomization - Spotify

Tanuki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:10 pm 

Woutjinho wrote:

Nope, but damn, that was a really good guess Woutjinho. Thank you for trying

It was a one-word band and is on M-A, to my knowledge. Maybe it was more groove than metalcore, on second thought?

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:07 pm 

I've asked dozens of people, but no one could answer my question and also these "What song is this" apps didn't help in any way.

I remember the vocal melody in the refrain (around 1:30), but I never came even close to a solution. Where do I know that melody from?

https://youtu.be/TW-XOcsV5nk?t=1m30s

Pls, this drives me crazy for more than a year now :ugh: :???:

Joel327
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:07 pm 

Hey heathens, trying to remember a song that samples the ending monologue from the original Psycho movie. (Black and white) it’s Norman bates mother’s voice in his head. Here’s a clip thanks guys any help would be awesome https://youtu.be/dYDxxHrlmUghttps://you ... YDxxHrlmUg

HARLEY_XLH666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:42 pm 

There is this black metal band out there that has a live video on youtube.

The beginning of the video, the vocalist is wearing a hooded cloak and swinging this smoking device back and forth on the end of a chain for a minute or two. He then puts the item down and the show starts.

Really vague description I know, but wondering if anybody might know of the band or concert I am referring to from this piece of info? Normally I save links to concerts I live but I guess I didn't for this one and can't remember the band now and kind of want to watch it again :S

(Edit: 2 things to add to this post is that this is not an outdoor concert, it is a concert inside a venue as well as it is a full live concert. Not just one song)

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:41 pm 

Sounds a bit like what Attila does on Mayhem shows.

HARLEY_XLH666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:11 pm 

Found it!!! I must have gotten this semi mixed up with something else because was no smoke coming from the "device", nor was it the vocalist swinging it but it was the bass player. This also may have been an outdoor show rather than a venue. Been a pretty long time since I watched it. Regardless the video was Besatt - Black Cult Of Evil - Brazilian Tour 2008 FULL SHOW - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L0VrV-uBd8

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:56 pm 

So I'm trying to track down a symphonic power metal song I heard on the radio today... I have some lyric scraps, but Google searches have revealed nothing.

Song was maybe 6-7 minutes, opens with some orchestration. Male singer with an accent, sounded Spanish. Some of the lines were roughly "slipping in the darkness," "I can't see my destiny," and "with the muses I danced in daylight."

And the weirdest part is the chorus sounded like the "Double, double, toil and trouble" song from the third Harry Potter film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMzrgXFeX_o

I've had it stuck in my head all day but can't seem to come up with anything. I scoured all Spanish power/symphonic releases in the Archives from the last few years for a start, but didn't notice anything with the above lyrics. For all I know the band is Brazilian and the song's ten years old, though...

Edit: Stumbled upon Numenor from Serbia, who this mystery song is not from, but now I remember there were a couple of rasped/black metal vocal lines in the song.

Edit 2: Ah fudge it's Dark Moor. I thought they sounded a bit like Dark Moor. Wouldn't have guessed it was actually them! (I only have The Gates of Oblivion and am not familiar with the newer vocalist's albums.) Guess I gave up too quick before posting. Case closed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6vb3VDY1gQ

Paka01
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:42 am 

Tanuki wrote:
Hey folks, got one that's driving me crazy, hope someone can help.

This band played some amalgam of thrash and metalcore, released an album in the mid-00's that was really hyped but was allegedly terrible. From what I remember, the coverart is like a gold mask, and I'm pretty sure the band's name began with an A. I know it's not Apophis, but I think it's something similar.

Artas - The Healing maybe? It was released in 2008.

leichenfrost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:33 am 

hello metalheads,

on youtube there was a cool song i liked very much, but i do not remember the title and the artist. it was black metal
the lyrics were "joseph fucked mary" and "bastard jesus christ" or similar.
does someone know the song and the band?
thankyou very much

leichenfrost

Braltika
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:34 am 

Anyone remember a certain "black metal" band with about 5 - 7 members that was claimed/promoted by their label to be the fastest band in the world. They only had one album I believe and the promotion photographs remind me of what Dimmu Borgir has looked like since the DCA album. Also, it reminded me a bit of Slipknot due to the large amount of members.

If I remember correctly, the band was an artificially created band purely for commercial reasons. Probably to ride on that early 2000's succes of Dimmu Borgir. They were disbanded after the
first album because it flopped and was not memorable at all. The production was real clean, artificial and most likely with programmed drums because of the unnatural speed some songs had...

I've absolutely no idea about the country of origin, which label or which letter the band name started with, although I think it started with a "C".

Help me, you're my only hope.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:53 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
I've asked dozens of people, but no one could answer my question

Sounds like this, but I doubt that's it, since it's a Swedish song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC3EszN3Uuo

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:32 am 

Opus wrote:
PaganiusI wrote:
I've asked dozens of people, but no one could answer my question

Sounds like this, but I doubt that's it, since it's a Swedish song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC3EszN3Uuo

Indeed similar, but I never heard that song in my life, so that can't be it.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:13 pm 

HARLEY_XLH666 wrote:
There is this black metal band out there that has a live video on youtube.

The beginning of the video, the vocalist is wearing a hooded cloak and swinging this smoking device back and forth on the end of a chain for a minute or two. He then puts the item down and the show starts.

Really vague description I know, but wondering if anybody might know of the band or concert I am referring to from this piece of info? Normally I save links to concerts I live but I guess I didn't for this one and can't remember the band now and kind of want to watch it again :S

(Edit: 2 things to add to this post is that this is not an outdoor concert, it is a concert inside a venue as well as it is a full live concert. Not just one song)

Sounds a lot like Batushka

yoyovec
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:52 pm 

Hi, Im search from very long time a song - acoustic song (no drums, no bass, only acoustic guitar) with female voice. Was very very sad song, non english, maybe scandinavian language( not sure). Other songs in album was in english with male vocals - power metal. I cant remember song or band name, but Im sure is released before 2007. If help - this band was from power metal collection I was downloaded somewhere 2005-2006.
Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english!

Woutjinho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:00 pm 

Tanuki wrote:
Woutjinho wrote:

Nope, but damn, that was a really good guess Woutjinho. Thank you for trying

It was a one-word band and is on M-A, to my knowledge. Maybe it was more groove than metalcore, on second thought?

I'm skipping the one word section and give it another try.
All that Remains - This Darkened Heart
As I lay Dying - Frail Words Collapsing

And than I thought one word, starting with an A and a golden mask - > Agamemnon. Is that it?

Atomization - Spotify

Braltika
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 am 

yoyovec wrote:
Hi, Im search from very long time a song - acoustic song (no drums, no bass, only acoustic guitar) with female voice. Was very very sad song, non english, maybe scandinavian language( not sure). Other songs in album was in english with male vocals - power metal. I cant remember song or band name, but Im sure is released before 2007. If help - this band was from power metal collection I was downloaded somewhere 2005-2006.
Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english!

It's not power metal but perhaps it's Theatre of Tragedy?
Or maybe Tristania?

Could also be After Forever or Within Temptation? Nightwish?

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:48 pm 

Trying to remember the name of a band, I remember one of it's albums had a rather serene-looking album cover, with a sleeping woman and a wolf curled up besides her. I think they were German, and I forgot what kind of music they played. Anyone knows what i'm talking about?

~Guest 427139
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 am 

Marag wrote:
Trying to remember the name of a band, I remember one of it's albums had a rather serene-looking album cover, with a sleeping woman and a wolf curled up besides her. I think they were German, and I forgot what kind of music they played. Anyone knows what i'm talking about?

Mantus ‎– Wölfe (https://www.discogs.com/Mantus-W%C3%B6l ... se/4580434) ?

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:37 pm 

Olika wrote:

Not it, but looked similar.

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:31 pm 

Last edited by Epicureo on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bates
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:47 pm 

Pretty sure the second one is somewhere in the cover art atrocities thread. There's a ton of possibilities for the first one in that thread, too.

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:21 pm 

Epicureo wrote:
Trying to remember two albums released before 2009 that featured on their covers:

-Some sort of demon possibly having a sexual intercourse with a nun
-An old naked woman spreading out her genitalia

I think they were both black/death or just straight up black metal but I'm not too sure about it.

1. Maybe this?
https://www.discogs.com/Iconoclasm-Prea ... se/9279601

Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:58 pm 

Last edited by Epicureo on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Epicureo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 3:21 pm 

45 pages in, I've finally found it!
Funeral Mist - Maranatha
https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... 9#p2618149

Bates
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:13 pm 

Glad I could help, and hell no, seeing that once was enough.

ds777fighter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:49 pm 

One of my friends showed me a music video on YouTube years ago of this death metal band where the band was all dressed like hillbillies and I think they were on a stage in front of a barn and bale of hay and etc. I didn't think anything of it, but now that I'm trying to find it again years later, I cannot for the life of me find it. I've searched tags on YouTube like "hillbilly metal" or country or redneck but I don't think I've found it. I recall the vocalist having long straight blond hair and they were wearing blue jean overalls. I was shown the video no less than 3-4 years ago. Any help finding this band/video is much appreciated.

Braltika
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:11 pm 

ds777fighter wrote:
One of my friends showed me a music video on YouTube years ago of this death metal band where the band was all dressed like hillbillies and I think they were on a stage in front of a barn and bale of hay and etc. I didn't think anything of it, but now that I'm trying to find it again years later, I cannot for the life of me find it. I've searched tags on YouTube like "hillbilly metal" or country or redneck but I don't think I've found it. I recall the vocalist having long straight blond hair and they were wearing blue jean overalls. I was shown the video no less than 3-4 years ago. Any help finding this band/video is much appreciated.

Well, it's not death metal (It's not even metal) but after a quick search in Youtube I found this: https://youtu.be/QhXHINK7-o4

Could that be it?

ds777fighter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:19 pm 

Braltika wrote:
Well, it's not death metal (It's not even metal) but after a quick search in Youtube I found this: https://youtu.be/QhXHINK7-o4

Could that be it?

No, it was an actual band. I don't know if it was the band's gimmick or just for the one video.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 48  Next