sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 am 

Another random recommendation by me

https://furyens.bandcamp.com/album/plug-and-plague

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:24 pm 

Looking for dirty, raw-as-fuck thrash with a death metal edge. Bits of tremolo picking would be great. Basically something like Vomitor's last album or Perversion.

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:51 pm 

praey wrote:
Looking for dirty, raw-as-fuck thrash with a death metal edge. Bits of tremolo picking would be great. Basically something like Vomitor's last album or Perversion.

Patecabra - El Horror

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:52 am 

Rippingheadache wrote:
praey wrote:

Patecabra - El Horror

This is perfect, thanks!

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:06 pm 

:thumbsup:

Always glad to recommend bands in dire need of re-discovery. Hellsheadbangers get on this shit!

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:45 pm 

praey wrote:

praey wrote:

Sarcofago - I.N.R.I., Laws Of Scourge
Mutilator - Immortal Force
Sepultura - Morbid Visions, Schizophrenia
Attomica - Attomica, Limits Of Insanity
Mystifier - Goetia, Wicca
Holocausto - Campo de Extermínio
All Death albums (In particular Scream Blood Gore and Leprosy) ; check out the rehearsals and live recordings on each album. All rehearsals and live recordings recommended are on the deluxe editions.

MayanWarrior86
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:12 am 

For praey, Apocalyptic Raids released "The Pentagram", absolute Hellhammer worship. Maybe that might be up your alley?

CynicalDux
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:26 am 

Can anybody recommends some good Thrash slav/Russian Thrash band like the bosnian Cornix?

Thanks!

StainedClass95
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:27 pm 

These might be too obvious but Shah-Beware and Aspid-Extravasation are the only ones coming to me on that front. Both of those are well-regarded albums and rightly so, so if you have not heard of them then you should enjoy them.

CynicalDux
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:34 am 

Thanks @StainedClass95, awesome bands indeed!

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 pm 

CynicalDux wrote:
Can anybody recommends some good Thrash slav/Russian Thrash band like the bosnian Cornix?

Thanks!

Check out the self-titled album by Valkyria.

One of the most brilliant, and underrated thrash albums I've ever heard.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:14 pm 

Rippingheadache wrote:
CynicalDux wrote:

Thanks!

That is an amazing album. I totally agree.

It's so out there and original though that I'm not sure that's what he's looking for.

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:20 pm 

To be fair, both Shah and Aspid, of which the OP seems to enjoy, are quite singular and distinctive themselves. I figured Valkyria seemed like a good fit I dunno lol.

On a related note, old school Russian metal in general is just cool as hell.

zen3001
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:47 pm 

anyone here know anything like early thrash, I mean something like kill em all or ace of spades.
Those two are the only albums I know that fit the thrash/hardrock sound I'm looking for.

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:26 pm 

zen3001 wrote:
anyone here know anything like early thrash, I mean something like kill em all or ace of spades.
Those two are the only albums I know that fit the thrash/hardrock sound I'm looking for.

I know I've mentioned it before but Cogumelo Records is an excellent source of thrash metal. I would also like to include Early Sepultura and early Sodom.

CynicalDux
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:53 am 

Quote:

That is an amazing album. I totally agree.

It's so out there and original though that I'm not sure that's what he's looking for.

Thank you kindly for the recommendation. Valkyria is an excellent album, the synth part is kind of disturbing at first but after a few listens, it's really original and distinctive. Interesting piece!

Quote:

I'll say anything by Architorture is pretty good, the first Death Angel's The ultraviolence, Razor, Testament's The Legacy, Some Dio albums like Holy Diver, Overkill's Horrorscope and my actual fav Cornix's Ratna Masina.

Enjoy :)

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:53 am 

zen3001 wrote:

You could try:

Overkill's debut "Feel the Fire"
Artillery - "Fear of Tomorrow"
Hatework (Italy)
Sodom - Punishment for Decadence

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:26 pm 

I've been checking out this album lately: JENNER - "To Live Is to Suffer"

This is not only the best all-female band I've ever heard, it's one of the best metal/thrash albums I've heard in the last several years.

It's a shame they don't seem to be more acclaimed.

CynicalDux
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:58 pm 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
I've been checking out this album lately: JENNER - "To Live Is to Suffer"

This is not only the best all-female band I've ever heard, it's one of the best metal/thrash albums I've heard in the last several years.

It's a shame they don't seem to be more acclaimed.

I second the Jenner album, it's great thrash, the voice is unusual at first but the guitar part is brilliant. After a couple of listens all of this makes sense.

My recent recommendations will be:

- Darkest Color a greek band, very interesting
- Cornix, a Bosnian band the best piece of Thrash I listened to for dedaces, if the foreign languages don't scare you.
- Subtype Zero The Astral Awakening

xenon8247
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:49 pm 

Aight fellas so I need some bands that are similar to Revocation's albums Existence is Futile and Chaos of Forms. This means lots of diversity, intensity, amazing solos, not too much tech-death influence, and HUGE bonus points for jazz or blues-based writing and soloing like in Tragedy of Modern Ages. This was before Revocation went tech/prog-death and though they remain extremely good at what they do I personally prefer the thrashier stuff.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:19 am 

xenon8247 wrote:
Aight fellas so I need some bands that are similar to Revocation's albums Existence is Futile and Chaos of Forms. This means lots of diversity, intensity, amazing solos, not too much tech-death influence, and HUGE bonus points for jazz or blues-based writing and soloing like in Tragedy of Modern Ages. This was before Revocation went tech/prog-death and though they remain extremely good at what they do I personally prefer the thrashier stuff.

What about something like PESTILENCE - "Resurrection Macabre"?

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:26 am 

CynicalDux wrote:
My recent recommendations will be:

- Darkest Color a greek band, very interesting
- Cornix, a Bosnian band the best piece of Thrash I listened to for dedaces, if the foreign languages don't scare you.
- Subtype Zero The Astral Awakening

Thanks man. I'll check these out.

CynicalDux
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:38 am 

My recommendation of the week :

ThrashManiacs, a bolivian band, great loud thrash. They have just released a Full Length album, but I like their demos even better with that awesome raw sound.

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:16 pm 

Can anyone recommend me level 2 or 3 albums that sound like Spreading the Disease by Anthrax? Same type of production and style? Just anything not so obvious I might already have. Thanks in advance!

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:31 am 

miskatonic79 wrote:
Can anyone recommend me level 2 or 3 albums that sound like Spreading the Disease by Anthrax? Same type of production and style? Just anything not so obvious I might already have. Thanks in advance!

Hmm, off the top of my head you could try:

Tyrant's Reign - s/t
Tension - Breaking Point
Intruder - Live to Die

I'm sure there are more, maybe I'll update this later.

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:47 pm 

I've heard the Tyrant's Reign and Tension before, I'll have to try them again. But the Intruder, damn that's very close to what I was looking for, good call! I've only heard their second and third album but this one is their best imo.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:50 pm 

miskatonic79 wrote:
I've heard the Tyrant's Reign and Tension before, I'll have to try them again. But the Intruder, damn that's very close to what I was looking for, good call! I've only heard their second and third album but this one is their best imo.

You've probably heard them but I think these are also in the same ballpark:

Mortal Sin - Face of Despair
Whiplash - Insult to Injury

maybe stuff like Hospital of Death as well.

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:31 pm 

Thanks for the recs Temple of Blood. The Mortal Sin and Whiplash are pretty close too, so thanks!! These are albums by bands that I skipped over for their better known classics instead. Big mistake because the are almost as good, if not better.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:41 pm 

miskatonic79 wrote:
Thanks for the recs Temple of Blood. The Mortal Sin and Whiplash are pretty close too, so thanks!! These are albums by bands that I skipped over for their better known classics instead. Big mistake because the are almost as good, if not better.

No problem man. Glad you're enjoying that stuff.

Yeah, I tried to recommend stuff that I personally enjoyed as well as something that is in the ballpark of what you're looking for.

I can probably think of some more similar albums in time.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:50 pm 

Tension is a great band but I would not put them under the thrash banner myself. To me they are a classic USPM band with nods to speed metal in particular.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:16 pm 

Zdan wrote:
Tension is a great band but I would not put them under the thrash banner myself. To me they are a classic USPM band with nods to speed metal in particular.

I think that's closer to where "Spreading the Disease" was though. The riffs on that one were far more consonant and "Iron Maiden"-ish than Anthrax became on their subsequent albums.

I see STD as speed metal, ATL as thrash. There is some overlap here, but this is the way I see it in broad strokes.

Stuff like "Reach for your Sword" gets into speed metal territory though IIRC.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:35 pm 

To me "Fistful of Metal" is speed metal and "STD" is on the border of both speed and thrash. "ATL" would be pure thrash though (with a slight hardcore punk/NYHC flavour).

Tension of course have their forays into speed metal but they also heavily go for the rough and tumble USPM vibe. But a great band nonetheless!

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:01 am 

Zdan wrote:
To me "Fistful of Metal" is speed metal and "STD" is on the border of both speed and thrash. "ATL" would be pure thrash though (with a slight hardcore punk/NYHC flavour).

Tension of course have their forays into speed metal but they also heavily go for the rough and tumble USPM vibe. But a great band nonetheless!

Yes, I agree with all that. I'm not saying they're perfect comparisons, but I think the suggestions were helpful. Tension was probably not influenced by Anthrax at all, unlike Intruder, so it does make the comparison more difficult.

I may be guilty of recommending "Breaking Point" too much because I think it is a highly underrated release.

miskatonic79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:00 pm 

I came across Acid Reign's The Fear and that album had a similar feeling to Spreading the Disease. Pretty underrated stuff!

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:28 am 

miskatonic79 wrote:
I came across Acid Reign's The Fear and that album had a similar feeling to Spreading the Disease. Pretty underrated stuff!

I thought about recommending them to you because they are often compared to Anthrax but I wasn't sure if they were "speed metal" or melodic enough to be compared to STD specifically.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:00 pm 

To me Acid Reign is not really speed metal but the "feeling" of the music is indeed similar to Anthrax. Good band!

CynicalDux
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 am 

Temple Of Blood wrote:
miskatonic79 wrote:

I thought about recommending them to you because they are often compared to Anthrax but I wasn't sure if they were "speed metal" or melodic enough to be compared to STD specifically.

By the way, if someone has some similar band as Acid Reign's The Fear with that warm, loud and brutal style to recommend, feel free to give some names, I'll be glad & grateful :)

Thanks,

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:50 pm 

Here's some very impressive death/thrash I have discovered today that I wanted to share with you guys:

TORTURE SQUAD - Pandemonium
DROP DEAD - Death by Fusion

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:24 am 

That Torture Squad album is a forgotten classic. The very definition of a riff salad.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 136  Next