* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:33 pm 

Unity wrote:
Andreas_Hansen wrote:
That might actually be the reason why it's forbidden in Portugal. And I don't know about yours but here some things upset me like the fans who can be reaaaally stupid just for supporting their team... Like there is always a strong opposition between Paris and Marseille (the 2nd or 3rd biggest city) and fans of both clubs completely despise each others.

You wouldn't believe what goes on here. Ultra groups traffic drugs and guns, people get killed and the government does nothing.

Wow that's terrible. I didn't know at all there was such problems in your country.

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:03 am 

tomcat_ha wrote:
my team the no 4 team historically speaking of the netherlands fc twente got relegated. I blame the semi panicky coach switch early this season combined with a bloated selection of too many players reliant on skill and lacking real fighters.

My team were relegated too. We finished third bottom of the Championship with just 41 points from 46 games.

We didn't have any players with skill or fight. Well, we had one but he was on loan from Swansea City.

Sometimes football is just really really shite.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:58 am 

Juventus have bought Cristiano Ronaldo for 100 million euro plus some other fees, making it the fourth most expensive transfer in football history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... _transfers

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 pm 

i am not quite sure if that its a wise move by either party but we shall see.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:00 am 

Maurizio Sarri is the new manager of Chelsea, which will be very interesting. And from Napoli, which since some time is managed by Carlo Ancelotti, he brings with him the midfielder Jorginho.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:51 am 

Juventus cannot lose with signing Ronaldo. Higuain will leave.

Nabil Fekir deal to Liverpool seems to be back on. I'd like to see us pick up a goalkeeper also, but it looks like it won't happen.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:50 pm 

I was really pleasantly surprised by Atletico's performance last night. Never quite thought of following them.

So Mandžukić, Ćorluka and Subašić are retiring from Croatia's national team and there are rumours Modrić and Rakitić will do the same later on this week. Wonder what the younger players will be like under Dalić but I don't have high hopes, still.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:57 am 

Hehe, various European clubs were represented on a tifo painting from my club's victorious derby two days ago. It refers to their (Hammarby's) eagerness to establish "friendships" with other teams supporters:

The other parts of our tifo from the derby:

kellyon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:43 am 

I'm a big fan of Man Utl. Romelu Lukaku is just incredible. He just cannot stop scoring. I'm planning to visit old trafford manchester in the near future. It's gonna be unforgettable journey. Want to see some major attractions including The National Football Museum, Town Hall Manchester and Museum of Science.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:51 am 

Speaking of scoring... In case anyone have missed the astonishing goal by Fabio Quagliarella for Sampdoria against Napoli some weeks ago, it's one of the sickest goals I've seen. And I've seen alot of goals in my life as a football nerd.

Also, what's upp with Schalke? They are in the Champions League, but in the Bundesliga they have zero points after five games...

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:43 am 

Luckily I watched yesterday of the better matches I've ever seen: BVB beat Nuremberg 7-0! :D

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:40 pm 

Germany will host the UEFA Euro 2024. A bit boring with a country that's already hosted big tournaments in the past, like the World Cup 2006.

Speaking of yesterday, something very unusual happened: both Barcelona and Real Madrid lost, to Leganés and Sevilla respectively.

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:48 pm 

there is no way they were going to let turkey host.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:40 pm 

I know, but still it's boring that no other, more possible country was a candidate. Then again, if FIFA can place a WC in Qatar, then Turkey could have hosted the Euro.

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:40 am 

its not about human rights, that's just an superficial excuse.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:49 am 

From the latest round in Bundesliga... ooops:

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:38 am 

So Barcelona without Messi defeated Real Madrid in El Clasico with 5-1 after a hattrick by Suarez. This means that after ten games, Real Madrid are down on 9th place!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8jMLaLNAPE

And Leicester's owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, died in a helicopter crash after their last game.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:30 pm 

And it seems Lopetegui will be sacked. Apparently Conti will be his replacement.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:55 am 

Lopetegui is now indeed sacked.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:24 am 

It's not going well for Thierry Henry in his first attempt as manager. His Monaco keep going bad in the league, and in the two games against Club Brügge in the CL, they only got 1-1 away before losing at home yesterday with 0-4!

Another surprising result yesterday was Red Star defeating Liverpool with 2-0. Liverpool left Xherdan Shaqiri at home due to not wanting to stir up political emotions if he were to play in Serbia, since he and Granit Xhaka did some Albanian eagle gesture when celebrating goals in the World Cup this Summer.

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:27 am 

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:43 am 

i dont believe anything will happen

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:13 pm 

?

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
FunkyBurlin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:31 pm 

UEFA still cannot get anything done. I've been out of touch a little, but how legitimate are the leaks?

Also USA sucks. Pulisic is a stud. We have some below average young players, that is cool to imagine one day being good. That's it. We were lucky we didn't get killed by England in that game. 3-0 could have been a lot worse.

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:08 pm 

so the netherlands beat france 2-0 in a one sided game, i guess we are back boys.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 am 

tomcat_ha wrote:
so the netherlands beat france 2-0 in a one sided game, i guess we are back boys.

I doubt it. Nations League is still a competition where it's a bit uncertain how motivated the teams are in various games. And one game don't mean much regardless. The Netherlands squad is far from the quality it used to have, and the Dutch clubs don't perform as well in the European cups as they used to.

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:06 pm 

!

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:51 pm 

Dembo wrote:
tomcat_ha wrote:

I doubt it. Nations League is still a competition where it's a bit uncertain how motivated the teams are in various games. And one game don't mean much regardless. The Netherlands squad is far from the quality it used to have, and the Dutch clubs don't perform as well in the European cups as they used to.

I think the quality is there but the squad is mostly too young to be a consistent top rate team. I also think that the problem we had the past 4 was not the quality of the individual players but not having the right balance in the team and with some new (young) players the balance has been found.

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:49 pm 

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:23 pm 

The CL and EL draws:

Roma - Porto
Manchester U - Paris SG
Ajax - Real Madrid
Tottenham - Dortmund
Liverpool - Bayern Munich
Lyon - Barcelona
Atletico Madrid - Juventus
Schalke - Manchester C

Fenerbahce - Zenit St. Petersburg
Galatasaray - Benfica
Lazio - Sevilla
Rapid Wien - Inter
Slavia Prague - Genk
Olympiakos - Dynamo Kiev
Rennes - Betis
Bate Borisov - Arsenal
FC Krasnodar - Leverkusen
Celtic - Valencia
Club Brügge - Salzburg
Shakhtar Donetsk - Frankfurt
Malmö - Chelsea
Zürich - Napoli
Sporting Portugal - Villarreal
Viktoria Plzen - Dinamo Zagreb

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:48 pm 

Wantage Town’s match vs Almondsbury today in the Floodlit Cup* was postponed due to heavy rain! Which I thought was ironic :lol:

*For those who don’t keep up with the myriad of really, really semi-professional leagues lower down on the pyramid; the Floodlit Cup is open to leagues at Level 9, and some of the better teams at Level 10.

Since I discovered my paternal grandmother’s family came from Wantage, I’ve tried to follow their local team. Would be nice if there was some broadcasting of the lower leagues; but until then, many thanks to Youtuber “On the sidelines” for live streaming the Freds’ games!
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:38 am 

I'm laughing so hard at Manchester United. Solskjaer? Really?

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:14 pm 

I support my local team called PAOK .

Here are our Ultras!!!

Image.

Sadly along with the atmosphere there is a lot of mumbo jumbo going with football in Greece. Hooligans, riots, open fights with the police damages to stadiums etc. I could go on like forever with how many idiots exisit within ALL football clubs. Sadly there is no exception in no team.

This year though we seem the best candidate for the championship -sadly it will only make us have 3 which compared to teams like Olympiakos who has like 45 championships or
AEK which has 12 or something. But oh well I do not support my team for titles or something just for the fans and the people who really love the team.

AGAIN WE ESCAPED FROM THE ASYLUM OH PAOK THE DOCTORS DON'T KNOW
AND WE SHALL COME AGAIN
FOR SINCE WE WERE KIDS
YOUR BLACK AND WHITE HAD DRIVEN US CRAZY

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:24 pm 

Your team have Aleksandar Prijovic who used to play for my team, the Swedish club Djurgården.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:03 pm 

PETERG wrote:
This year though we seem the best candidate for the championship -sadly it will only make us have 3 which compared to teams like Olympiakos who has like 45 championships or
AEK which has 12 or something. But oh well I do not support my team for titles or something just for the fans and the people who really love the team.

Good for you! Unfortunately here in my country many people just support certain clubs only for their titles...

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:17 pm 

Dembo wrote:
Your team have Aleksandar Prijovic who used to play for my team, the Swedish club Djurgården.

Prijovic is in a sick form right now! He is probably the sole reason we have gone undefeated in both the championship and the national cup until now. Even at times when we played awfully bad he just took the one chance he had to score! Truly an amazing player!

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:20 pm 

Unity wrote:
PETERG wrote:

Good for you! Unfortunately here in my country many people just support certain clubs only for their titles...

Well since you live in Portugal, where teams like Benfica and Port have a great history, it is of course more natural for the fans to want results from their teams. Here in Greece as I briefly explained people support their teams as ultras and hooligans. For PAOK playing in the CL is a dream.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:05 pm 

Well, there's nothing wrong with supporting clubs like Porto or Benfica, I just think it's sad when fans of those clubs find it illogical to support other clubs just because they have less titles. You should support a club because you like the club, not because of its titles. :)

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:59 pm 

Unity wrote:
Well, there's nothing wrong with supporting clubs like Porto or Benfica, I just think it's sad when fans of those clubs find it illogical to support other clubs just because they have less titles. You should support a club because you like the club, not because of its titles. :)

Bloody right mate! I don't think that you choose a club over logic or titles or whatever but because you like it. I for example also support the mighty Arsenal. Why? Because in 2004 my little brain got astonished by Tierry Henry and his boys and their star-level football!

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 am 

And now Prijovic is sold to Al-Ittihad in Saudi-Arabia.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 31  Next