Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gelordum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:08 am 

aeternus1990, try now, I've updated the link. This is an issue of your browser and not the site. If you want to insert universal links, use any URL encoder for special characters.

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:47 am 

Thank you! I should know it though.

teatrteney
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:34 am 

I don't know whether this topic is right. Redirect me if I'm wrong. I have a suggestion about advanced search here. Is it possible to add number of reviews and average rating to album search? It would be useful for the beginners in metal, for example. Rating represents value of the album in some way. So you see Metallica's album with 30 reviews and around 80% rating and choose it instead of obscure album of unknown band with no reviews. Also sorting albums by each column (band, country, etc.) would be useful. Tell me if it's possible to be done. Thanks for help.

ben_wrangle
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 pm 

On the band discography we have the tabs to Complete discography, Main, Lives, Demos and Misc. Would be cool if instead o misc. there were separate tabs for EPs, compilations... I know it's another work to do, but that's just an ide.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:21 am 

perzine wrote:
Any updates from Hellblazer on where they're at around splitting the "other/unknown" option in the gender field for artists (ie: instead having two discrete options - "other" and "unknown")? It's been a bit over two months since the last update from a mod (and nearly six months since the first positive response from a mod), and no changes have gone through.

Okay, the silence on this issue is getting deafening right now. I understand admins like Hellblazer have many other commitments in their life, but it's been seven months now since I got a thumbs up from a mod about this issue, and four months since getting a subsequent thumbs up when asking about its progress, but nothing has been done.

If there are technical problems, please could someone say so, and explain how long it is likely to take to implement this change. There's loads of discrimination against gender variant people in the metal scene, so I don't think I'm overreacting by seeing that as a quite likely reason why this change has stalled.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 am 

perzine wrote:
Okay, the silence on this issue is getting deafening right now. I understand admins like Hellblazer have many other commitments in their life, but it's been seven months now since I got a thumbs up from a mod about this issue, and four months since getting a subsequent thumbs up when asking about its progress, but nothing has been done.

If there are technical problems, please could someone say so, and explain how long it is likely to take to implement this change. There's loads of discrimination against gender variant people in the metal scene, so I don't think I'm overreacting by seeing that as a quite likely reason why this change has stalled.

The reason is I'm fucking busy. This site isn't my life. I have a full-time job -- and when I do have free time to relax, I must admit it's rare that I'll think "you know what would be fun? More programming!" I have a hard enough time just keeping up with my backlog of site emails. I'm not ignoring your request; there haven't been any changes to the site in the past months. And there's stuff that has been waiting for longer and is higher priority, besides.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
perzine wrote:

The reason is I'm fucking busy. This site isn't my life. I have a full-time job -- and when I do have free time to relax, I must admit it's rare that I'll think "you know what would be fun? More programming!" I have a hard enough time just keeping up with my backlog of site emails. I'm not ignoring your request; there haven't been any changes to the site in the past months. And there's stuff that has been waiting for longer and is higher priority, besides.

I completely get this site isn't your life. But there had been no indication that anything was happening, and waiting more than half a year for a response from someone like yourself felt like I'd been pretty damn patient. And, as I said, there's plenty of precedent for these kinds of concerns getting pushed under the rug in our community.

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:54 pm 

It's kind of a given with sites like this that everyone has busy lives beyond them, and, equally, it's also a given that people tend to forget this aspect. I get that. I sympathise with that. But it's hard to know what to do with silence. Something along the lines of "yep, that sounds good. This could take x months - or even a year or more (however long it might take for upstream software updates/upgrades, etc) - before I have the time to tackle with it" at least gives the person asking the question something to work with. I'm frustrated on this matter because my experience in the metal scene is that people generally don't have time for LGBTIQA+ matters, and this could very well have been another example of that, especially given half a year of almost radio silence (aside from a couple of "yep, sounds good - I'll ask hellblazer to look into it" responses from mods). It's a big assumption, for sure, but also something a can't dismiss.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 pm 

You are being paranoid.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

perzine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
You are being paranoid.

I look forward to being proven wrong, then.

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:44 pm 

Why not add the function "If you already know the label ID" while merging a label page? Just as "If you already know the artist ID" while merging an artist page.

DeadKid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:49 pm 

There doesn't seem to be anywhere I can remove my ICQ, AIM and Yahoo handles from my profile on the main site. The profile edit page doesn't have those fields any more. They're just clutter as I don't use them any more. I did remove them from my forum profile.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:19 pm 

DeadKid wrote:
There doesn't seem to be anywhere I can remove my ICQ, AIM and Yahoo handles from my profile on the main site. The profile edit page doesn't have those fields any more. They're just clutter as I don't use them any more. I did remove them from my forum profile.

lol my bad, forgot to take those out. It's all useless/outdated now so I removed it all. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it's been fixed.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:10 am 

Two things:

1. Concerning those pop-up, moderation messages on the main site, wouldn't be helpful if users had the option to click "Reply" and send a message back? When sending a message, a mod could enable that option for the user by ticking a certain box.

2. Would it be problematic to make it possible for knights to send those messages to other users, too? Not warnings, only brief messages concerning editing on the main site.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:29 am 

This demo seems buggy, it got the "/" next to the band name as if it was a split, but no other band is linked

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/U ... mia/363309

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:52 am 

Strange, there was an empty slot for a second band in the split category. Removed it and fixed.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:25 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Strange, there was an empty slot for a second band in the split category. Removed it and fixed.

Also interesting: even though you're credited with "last edited by", your changes don't appear in the update history.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:04 am 

Tracklist shows several tracks twice with the same track number attached while in the "edit" section it shows just fine.
Needs to be cleaned out (and capitalized correctly), leaving it for now as "proof".

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/I ... %29/678955

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am 

PaganiusI wrote:
Tracklist shows several tracks twice with the same track number attached while in the "edit" section it shows just fine.
Needs to be cleaned out (and capitalized correctly), leaving it for now as "proof".

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/I ... %29/678955

Cleared the cache and edited the release.

chinesebookie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:38 pm 

It would be an improvement if you could edit the tracklist on a discography entry that you yourself created. You know, just in cae you made a mistake in the original entry.

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:09 pm 

I was browsing through Martin E. Ain's artist page and noticed the discography section is kind of messy, like it's listing all versions of to mega therion where he's credited in. The same happens to Reed St. Mark's page.

Spoiler: show

Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:42 pm 

I think it would be an improvement if we could add bands to the "past roster" tab on labels. The cases where a band is signed to a label and dropped without releasing anything would give an accurate history for the label. To expand on that, the ability to add the years a band was signed to a label would be an improvement as well. Lastly, if all this is made possible, the ability to add non-metal bands to the current, or past, roster--much like we do for artists--would also be nice. An example would be the notorious Goo Goo Dolls are signed to Metal Blade.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:25 am 

Bonziepsycho wrote:
(...)An example would be the notorious Goo Goo Dolls are signed to Metal Blade.

One of my favourite subjects ever.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

TheOneWhoWaits
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:57 am 

Bonziepsycho wrote:
Lastly, if all this is made possible, the ability to add non-metal bands to the current, or past, roster--much like we do for artists--would also be nice. An example would be the notorious Goo Goo Dolls are signed to Metal Blade.

Good luck updating https://www.metal-archives.com/labels/U ... c_Group/35 and its sublabels ...

Not saying that it would be wrong to have Goo Goo Dolls listed under Metal Blade, but it would require a policy decision ("easy" -> "metal label") and a practical guideline (uh-oh!).

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:21 pm 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but for some reason I can no longer view my own collection. When I click on "My collection" from the home page my collection looks like it is trying to load but never does.

When I try to open my collection from a band page I added using the "Check I_Am_The_Law's collection" link it gives a 404 error

Everything else seems to be working, my reports, band, profile etc. Only my collection is not working right. I have tried logging out and back in, and have also tried every browser I have (Firefox, Chrome, IE) and nothing has worked.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 pm 

I Am the Law wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but for some reason I can no longer view my own collection. When I click on "My collection" from the home page my collection looks like it is trying to load but never does.

Ah, I think I know what happened. Long story short, a glitch was introduced at some point, that's (indirectly) related to your forum name being different than your site name. For some reason, at some point we removed the underscores from your forum name. Your email also mismatches.

I've restored your site name to be the same as the forum name (without underscores, e.g. "I Am the Law") and I've also updated the email in your profile to match the forum one -- I hope that's OK, but your old site email also had an old alt (?) account called "wingsofinferno" and I prefer to keep emails unique 'cause this could otherwise introduce more bugs.

Can you check now if everything is OK, site wise? Remember to login on the site without the underscores now, just like the forum.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:53 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Ah, I think I know what happened. Long story short, a glitch was introduced at some point, that's (indirectly) related to your forum name being different than your site name. For some reason, at some point we removed the underscores from your forum name. Your email also mismatches.

I've restored your site name to be the same as the forum name (without underscores, e.g. "I Am the Law") and I've also updated the email in your profile to match the forum one -- I hope that's OK, but your old site email also had an old alt (?) account called "wingsofinferno" and I prefer to keep emails unique 'cause this could otherwise introduce more bugs.

Can you check now if everything is OK, site wise? Remember to login on the site without the underscores now, just like the forum.

Everything seems to be working now. Thanks :thumbsup:

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 am 

I suppose this is low on the priority list, but could you guys add Instagram to the dropdown of links? Been seeing it a bit more frequently, and it would be nice to not have to type the whole thing out.

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:43 am 

oogboog wrote:
I suppose this is low on the priority list, but could you guys add Instagram to the dropdown of links? Been seeing it a bit more frequently, and it would be nice to not have to type the whole thing out.

Agree. Spotify and Deezer wouldn't hurt either.

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:01 am 

When I try to add a cover art I get an internal error field: "Could not upload the image /tmp/phpAOuxXp. Please verify the permissions on the folder."
UPD: Works fine now!

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:38 am 

When I need to insert link to MA sites in additional notes, I use {label 9999} or {artist 9999}. What is the "formula" for adding links to the particular albums?

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:29 am 

Non-existent. ;)

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 am 

odium wrote:
When I need to insert link to MA sites in additional notes, I use {label 9999} or {artist 9999}. What is the "formula" for adding links to the particular albums?

Currently one has to use html for that:
<a href="https://www.example.com">Example</a>

in case you want to link to an extern site you might want that to open in a new tab which is done with
<a href="https://www.example.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Example</a>

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:18 am 

PaganiusI wrote:
Currently one has to use html for that:
<a href="https://www.example.com">Example</a>

Alright, thank you.

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:25 am 

The entire discography of Darkenhöld, as well as dates/updates at the bottom of the page, is listed in italic font for whatever reason:

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Da ... 3540293061

Update: actually, the entire page below the "Additional notes" section is in italic.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:51 am 

Fixed. This has come up before... caused by an open tag such as <b> or <i>, and in this case the latter.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:47 pm 

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I've been getting the "Privacy error" in the main site. I can still get into the page if I get to advanced settings but it appears the privacy error every time I refresh or load a band page. Also, none of the lyrics are loading for me. I've runned out my options to fix this problem in my browser so I figured I should ask if there is something happening with the main site. Cheers.

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 pm 

It happens to me right now, too.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:09 am 

It's a site-wide issue. We're working on fixing it.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:12 am 

MutantClannfear wrote:
It's a site-wide issue. We're working on fixing it.

Ok, thanks for the response!

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65  Next