Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:13 pm 

I just saw that Rhapsody of Fire's coming out with a new one next year called 'The Eighth Mountain'. I've always loved these guys, although they do have some albums that don't do as much for me, so I'll look forward to this. I'm just now hearing 'Into the Legend' and I love it, so I hope this bodes well, despite the change in singers.

Also looking forward to new Dream Theater; I have fairly high hopes it'll be a big improvement over the last two albums, which were both mediocre (and way too long in one case).

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:02 pm 

Carcass are finally recording a follow-up to the fantastic "Surgical Steel". For the naysayers who thought that was too "safe", Bill Steer said in an interview awhile back that they're aiming to be more explorative this time, and this album will feature elements never before featured on a Carcass album. I'm very curious to see how it'll turn out, and what direction they'll end up taking things.

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:49 pm 

true_death wrote:
Carcass are finally recording a follow-up to the fantastic "Surgical Steel". For the naysayers who thought that was too "safe", Bill Steer said in an interview awhile back that they're aiming to be more explorative this time, and this album will feature elements never before featured on a Carcass album. I'm very curious to see how it'll turn out, and what direction they'll end up taking things.

Symphonies of Sickness and Necroticism are both excellent. Hopefully, their new record will sound something similar to the aforementioned albums.

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:12 pm 

TheConqueror1 wrote:
true_death wrote:

Symphonies of Sickness and Necroticism are both excellent. Hopefully, their new record will sound something similar to the aforementioned albums.

Don't worry, it won't.

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:51 pm 

FirebathDan wrote:
Astronoid.

New track is excellent and Casey's vocals have gotten a bit more forceful now that they've gotten some relatively extensive touring experience under their belts. This sounds like a better version of Air.

Pre-orders are up too.

Glad to see this mentioned. So excited for this. Air was my favorite metal album of 2016 and I agree the vocals sound even better on this new track. Of the albums that already have a confirmed release date in 2019, this is the one I'm looking forward to most.

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:57 pm 

Pretty sure Myrath's releasing something new in 2019. I adored "Legacy", so I'm naturally pretty damn stoked.

Frosst
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:58 pm 

I'm hoping for a new album by Craft (This year's release was pretty decent) and new Taake as well.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:56 pm 

Looking forward to new albums by Sculptured, Nawaharjan and Eggs of Gomorrh.

Just listening to the new song by Smohalla (avant-garde post-black metal) from the upcoming album "Entitates"
and it is one of the weirdest things I ve heard in a while, and thats a very good thing!
https://youtu.be/nW7KTgUgEeo

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:46 pm 

slavonic777 wrote:
Just listening to the new song by Smohalla (avant-garde post-black metal) from the upcoming album "Entitates"
and it is one of the weirdest things I ve heard in a while, and thats a very good thing!
https://youtu.be/nW7KTgUgEeo

There was a lot going on in that song. I didn't mind it, though. Keen to hear some more.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:10 pm 

FirebathDan wrote:
Astronoid.

New track is excellent and Casey's vocals have gotten a bit more forceful now that they've gotten some relatively extensive touring experience under their belts. This sounds like a better version of Air.

Pre-orders are up too.

It's Brett on vocals, not Casey.

I am very much looking forward to this as well. I love Air. I also got to see them 3 times in 2018, which is sick. They crush it live when they have a good venu - it's basically 3 lead guitars so shit gets muddy a bit, but when it's clear it's amazing.

~Guest 171512
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:40 pm 

Hansi said on the BG forum that the orchestral album they've been working on for so long might be out in summer of 2019. That would be awesome!

Quote:
Time for a new update :D Most of your guesses are wrong, but some are at least wrong and right at the same moment :evil: We proceed very well. It more and more looks like a 2019 summer release. It depends a little bit on the record company‘s plans with it. We have not decided how to name the baby, yet. But Blind Guardian will be an essential part of that name in any way. The music is as much Metal as an orchestra and a Heavy Metal vocalist together can be metal. The album will be very intense, for sure. By now I have finished the singing of all songs. Eventually I go in and do a few minor adjustments. But that is more for my ego and will not cause any delays. So far we had 7 days of backing vocals with the choir company, but will go for 3 more. The big classical choirs have been done, already. Basically they are always done the same day, we are recording the complete orchestra in Prague. The choirs are done separately from the orchestra. Yet, we go back to Prague in the beginning of 2019 for the recordings of a last piece of music. No worries, this is instrumental. So, when we leave Prague the song is more or less ready for mixing. Yet, there are like two more possible recording sessions. Consider these to be extra missions. In total there will be 12 full songs on the album and two, or three musical interludes. How to release such an album? We worry when we get there. The instrumental version of such an album is a nice treat for sure, so would the demo versions be and of course, the final output can be treated in different ways. I doubt, that we will release different versions, with regard to different vocal performances. They are too close together in a lots of cases. On the other hand to explain the whole progression, it would make sense.
As for Guardian of the Netherworld ( which is called "Harvester of Souls" on my lyric sheet, as I realized after I told you the song is called "Guardian of the Netherworld"): every song which is already released on an album is an old song for us :P My bet for the old song - and it is none of these songs - would have been Mordred‘s Song or Bright Eyes. They both would do great. Some of you guys mentioned the mess in your heads: Welcome to the club! Why we went for this particular one? Well, believe it, or not. We started working on this song in a classical version, when André dreamt this song in a metal version. So he started working on the metal version, the other day. I believe the classical version contains a few extra parts, which are not in the metal version. All lyrics are new, apart from one prominent line in that song. We still work on the storyboard, but Markus Heitz did an amazing job. So much I can say, already. My Demons and Wizards appearances next year will not cause any delay for the orchestral release. I can do D&W songwriting while the other guys will do the mixing. After listening to the stuff so many times, it is better to rely on fresh ears, anyway. :D Mr. Producer has called me, time to make another small decision. It is all about baby steps ...

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:53 am 

Speaking of Blind Guardian, I'm pretty antsy for that upcoming Demons & Wizards album. I'm not sure what to expect but those first two are still great.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:22 pm 

Cianide are returning to the stuido next year. Confirmed in an exchange between Reaper of Hellcast and guitarist Scott Carroll.

https://www.facebook.com/reapermetalpro ... 8975892756

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:13 pm 

^ Great news! "Gods of Death" was really enjoyable, gonna have to go back to it. Can't believe it's been seven years but then again, they've always kept to their own timetable.

Exhorder are officially in the studio working with Duane Simoneaux, who produced the last few Crowbar albums. I'd been hoping that would be the case so as to keep the NOLA connection, and he knows how to dial in some heavy tones. On a related note, I'm optimistic for new Trouble, too.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:09 pm 

From Fenrir's facebook page (folk metal from France):

Our new album "Legends of the Grail" will be out on January 18th 2019 ! Here is the cover with our logo, restyled by Luca Bobenrieth.

Spoiler: show

https://www.facebook.com/FenrirOfficialFR/posts/2387074134639396

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:10 pm 

These are the records I'm looking forward to for the next three months or so...

http://kluseba.eklablog.com/2019-s-most ... a155863212

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:35 pm 

20 Buck Spin has become one of my favorite labels recently I should've caught onto much sooner, and there's no stopping them in the near future. Full-length debuts next year from Ossuarium (new song linked below,) Superstition, and Cerebral Rot with new albums from Solothus and after what will be a long four years, Magic Circle!

https://listen.20buckspin.com/album/living-tomb

Edit: Now we're confirmed to ALREADY get a new Tomb Mold album next year!

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Last edited by ModusOperandi on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:12 am 

I'm super excited for Pounder to release a full length in 2019. Entitled "Uncivilized" and coming out February 22nd on Hell's Headbangers. They have released two EPs (the first one is incredible, the second one is still growing on me, but it's pretty decent as well). I expect a nice slab of classic heavy metal from these guys.

For a little taste, here's a link to the first EP which came out in 2017
https://pounderheavymetal.bandcamp.com/ ... l-disaster

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:21 am 

true_death wrote:

Sounds good! :beer:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:49 pm 

New Downfall of Gaia song and released for an upcoming February release, and with so much new stuff everyday this year this went over my head. I'm excited for more DOG, of course.

https://metalblade.com/downfallofgaia/

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:17 am 

Atheist are apparently aiming for a Spring 2019 release date for their new/final album. By the way, their facebook page (which has long been attacked by muslim and Christian morons who misinterpret it as an official page for atheism itself) was apparently hacked by some Islamic troll who changed the band's name to Ahmed Suliaman...months and months later it still says that and hasn't been changed back :lol:. Not sure why they've not even bothered to change it, that's probably not a good sign...

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:30 am 

true_death wrote:
Atheist are apparently aiming for a Spring 2019 release date for their new/final album. By the way, their facebook page (which has long been attacked by muslim and Christian morons who misinterpret it as an official page for atheism itself) was apparently hacked by some Islamic troll who changed the band's name to Ahmed Suliaman...months and months later it still says that and hasn't been changed back :lol:. Not sure why they've not even bothered to change it, that's probably not a good sign...

I've always speculated that their next album will be their last just by the way that they're very quiet and it seems like they're busting their butts getting it out, and I reckon they'll have nothing left in them to continue. Despite the mixed press, I liked Jupiter and I'm hoping the same for the upcoming one.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:13 am 

MikeyC wrote:
I've always speculated that their next album will be their last just by the way that they're very quiet and it seems like they're busting their butts getting it out, and I reckon they'll have nothing left in them to continue. Despite the mixed press, I liked Jupiter and I'm hoping the same for the upcoming one.

Yeah, Kelly actually confirmed that it'll be their last album in an interview a year or so ago...I personally liked Jupiter overall but the basswork on that album bothers me. It's just disgusting to hear Atheist without a proper bassist, it's such a huge part of their sound and yet feels so stiff and unimaginative there, the few moments it actually stands out feel forced and random...the album would've improved tenfold if Tony Choy had remained long enough to record his stuff. Unfortunately it looks like he's quit the band once again (again right before recording an album) but Kelly said back in June that there is "great news coming" so hopefully they'll actually hire someone. My personal wish would be Henrik Drake :love:!

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:49 am 

true_death wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Yeah, Kelly actually confirmed that it'll be their last album in an interview a year or so ago...I personally liked Jupiter overall but the basswork on that album bothers me. It's just disgusting to hear Atheist without a proper bassist, it's such a huge part of their sound and yet feels so stiff and unimaginative there, the few moments it actually stands out feel forced and random...the album would've improved tenfold if Tony Choy had remained long enough to record his stuff. Unfortunately it looks like he's quit the band once again (again right before recording an album) but Kelly said back in June that there is "great news coming" so hopefully they'll actually hire someone. My personal wish would be Henrik Drake :love:!

Oh, thanks for that. I didn't realise it was actually going to be their last but I did suspect. Hopefully it's a great album. Looking forward to it.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

AcidMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:29 am 

Inquisition just dropped message on FB that they are starting to write new album. Best Christmas gist since I know that Santa doesn't exist for real.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:46 am 

Apparently Carcariass are coming out with a new one in 2019, 10 years after their last one. Fuck yeah. Awesome band so I'm totally keen for this.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:17 pm 

The German Obscure Infinity is releasing a new album in March. A song from it was posted on the FDA Records Bandcamp page. Not sure how I feel about it. It sounds like they are going in a much more melodic direction on this one.

https://fda-records.bandcamp.com/album/ ... bscurity-2

pfk505
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:56 pm 

Forefather sent out a message a few weeks back that they'll have a new album ready sometime in 2019.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:04 pm 

Damn! I have just learned that !T.O.O.H.! are releasing an EP and a new album in 2019.

From the band: "We have decided that the new album will be called Free Speech.
Fantasy about anal sex, murders, violence and the supernatural,
all with black humor and insults"

I witnessed their last concert few years ago and thought that they are not active anymore, good that I was wrong.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:06 pm 

slavonic777 wrote:
Damn! I have just learned that !T.O.O.H.! are releasing an EP and a new album in 2019.

I witnessed their last concert few years ago and thought that they are not active anymore, good that I was wrong.

If it's anything like Democratic Solution, then count me out, but I will still go in with nervous optimism.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:30 pm 

pfk505 wrote:
Forefather sent out a message a few weeks back that they'll have a new album ready sometime in 2019.

I always look forward to new Forefather, so this is great. Didn't they put out an EP last year too?

Deathstalker1985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:31 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
slavonic777 wrote:

If it's anything like Democratic Solution, then count me out, but I will still go in with nervous optimism.

I was given the impression that the new stuff will sound more like their first few albums than the last one.

pfk505
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:26 am 

Pitiless Wanderer wrote:
pfk505 wrote:

I always look forward to new Forefather, so this is great. Didn't they put out an EP last year too?

Yes they did. It had a couple incredible songs (some of their all-time best, e.g. Two Sacred Oaks, One Blood and One Bone) but was a bit uneven in some respects as well. No matter what, this fits the definition of "most anticipated" for me. Easily a legendary-tier band.

Luvers
Writes generic (and possibly meandering) posts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:30 am 

Nucleus by Anthem.

Not only are Anthem one of my absolute favorite Metal bands but they are sticking with Yukio Morikawa on vocals, which is my preferred vocalist in the band. It makes sense to do this album as Yukio is much better in English pronunciation than Eizo and the last time the band released an all English album it did relatively well. I only have one issue with the album prospect though, it is predominantly filled with songs from the bands more recent days.

I have tried the last few years to really give the second era of Anthem a chance, since the bands reforming in 2001 until this date, they have released 9 albums and there is only one album that I like, which is Black Empire. This album has songs from Absolute World and Eternal Warrior a lot but I just cannot get into these albums very much.

Anthem released the track Black Empire for pre-release hype I guess but that was a bad move. Not only does Yukio sound weird singing a song fit more for Eizo's voice but it went from an amazing track to what sounds like just another song. I guess I will reserve judgement to when its released.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:39 am 

MikeyC wrote:
slavonic777 wrote:

I completely understand you, I still dont know what to think about that album, but I enjoyed it to a certain extent, and I liked
the twisted perverse lyrics.

Another thing to look forward to is "Masque" by irish death/black metallers Vircolac. Their last EP was very very solid, even now
when listening to Charonic Journey I stand up from the computer with clenched fist and goosebumps :)
Single is already out: https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/masque

Also very curious about upcoming EP by Eggs of Gomorrh. I am quite reserved about war metal, but this band has excellent, kind of "expensive" sound, and they remind me of Impetuous Ritual. Rot Prophet is definitely on of the most remarkable recent releases of the genre, and I am just wondering how sick they must be live!

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:28 pm 

The Artisan Era is gonna fuck me up march 8th with the new Equipoise record!
damn thats a tasty album teaser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1O21wtTQdw

Cat III
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:21 pm 

Coffins is recording a new album sometime next year. The Fleshland was somewhat disappointing, but I'm still looking forward to the next one. According to a recent interview, guitarist Uchino says "Various types of “early death metal” songs will be in the album." Wonder if that means there will be more fast tempos.

Doomsday
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:54 pm 

Lucifer's Fall - III: From the Deep will of course be a highlight for me. The best band active today in my opinion, doom or otherwise.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:24 am 

Wormed announced that there will be something released in 2019. Krighsu was my album of 2016 so I'm keen to see what they come up with, even despite the death of their drummer.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

idunnosomename
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:48 am 

Aydross wrote:
theagentcoma wrote:
obligatory Tool mention

I have doubts of this ever coming out. Also, the pressure to release something at least good is too big, don't think they'll manage to do it tbh.
They have to at some point, they're contractually obliged to

Though I suppose they could get out of it by doing a "The Very Best Of Tool" with like one unreleased song

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next