Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:37 pm 

DRINK WITH THE LIVING DEAD.

Well I am surprised reasonably that we do not have a post about drinks and coktails. So I am asking you what is your favorite drink or coktail to drink? Of course it does not have to be one or two; it is good to taste many different things before you can settle to something that you like.

For me is Gin. :evil: :evil: :evil: I absolutely WORSHIP this fucking drink. The juniper berries aroma along with all the herbs and mixes tastes just beautifully. Just open a bottle of Hendricks or Bombay Saffire and the smell will pierce through your noise like a cocaine shot. I drink it either straight with no ice and a slice of cucumber -when it comes to quality prodcuts like Monkey 47, Brockmans or Burleigh- or in coktails like Negroni,Gin Fizz, Gin Tonic or Monkey Grand.

My other pleasure is our traditional Ouzo and its evil twin Tsipouro. Great for eating fish and seafood but also great to drink in general. Especially my grandpa's double distilled recipe which goes at a 47% vol. :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

So that's about me. What do YOU like to drink.

Spoiler: show
Hey can we just like not say things like "huh... this drink is for the chicks" etc. in the comment section? Not cool at all.

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:51 pm 

Hi! I enjoy different kind of drinks and/or cocktails. I enjoy these cocktails: Jack and Coke, Jägermeister and Coke.
Jägermeister is a type of liqueur made with herbs, fruits and spices. I also appreciate Tequila, Whiskey, Vodka… and beer.

Last edited by ~Guest 375103 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:37 pm 

I'm still puzzled by the White Russian - each of its ingredients is disgusting on its own, but when properly combined, it's way too good. I end up vomiting the day after regularly, though, so I have to shun them.

And non-alcoholic Pina Colada, as its flavor profile appeals to my palate so very much. And this time, its constituents are already delicious on their own.

For soft drinks, I've always held a popular Swiss lemonade named Rivella in high regard.

As for everyday, general thirst-quenchers, either cold green tea (unsweetened) with lemon juice or plain water with lemon juice is all I want.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:47 pm 

Maybe a bit boring, but I generally get either an Old Fashioned, Manhattan or Whisky Sour.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:55 am 

Matyu wrote:
I enjoy different kind of drinks and/or cocktails. I enjoy these cocktails: Jack and Coke, Jägermeister and Coke.
Jägermeister is a type of liqueur made with herbs, fruits and spices. I also appreciate Tequila, Whiskey, Vodka… and beer.
I drink both still water and sparkling water.

I really like Jager either in shots or with an energy drink -preferably Monster. And of course frozen!!!

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:59 am 

DecemberSoul wrote:
I'm still puzzled by the White Russian - each of its ingredients is disgusting on its own, but when properly combined, it's way too good. I end up vomiting the day after regularly, though, so I have to shun them.

And non-alcoholic Pina Colada, as its flavor profile appeals to my palate so very much. And this time, its constituents are already delicious on their own.

For soft drinks, I've always held a popular Swiss lemonade named Rivella in high regard.

As for everyday, general thirst-quenchers, either cold green tea (unsweetened) with lemon juice or plain water with lemon juice is all I want.

Wow I have never heared of the White Russian but it seems interesting nontheless.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:03 pm 

PETERG wrote:
I really like Jager either in shots or with an energy drink -preferably Monster. And of course frozen!!!

:thumbsup:

I also like to get a frozen shot of Jäger with a glass of beer. Great.
I like to discover new drinks and if I have the opportunity, I will try Ouzo.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:50 pm 

Has anybody ever tried rum with (regular) Sprite? If not, I recommend it.

Oversti
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:21 pm 

Honestly I really enjoy a good Hemingway and a Hurricane.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:07 pm 

PETERG wrote:
DecemberSoul wrote:

Wow I have never heared of the White Russian but it seems interesting nontheless.

That's my favorate drink, incidently.

I sometimes enjoy sipping good vodka straight, NOT just sucking back the whole shot at once, dumb 20 year old fratboy style, but just pouring myself a shot and sipping it slowly to savor the taste. And it's got to be good vodka, not plastic bottle stuff.

Oversti
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:01 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
PETERG wrote:
DecemberSoul wrote:

That's my favorate drink, incidently.

I sometimes enjoy sipping good vodka straight, NOT just sucking back the whole shot at once, dumb 20 year old fratboy style, but just pouring myself a shot and sipping it slowly to savor the taste. And it's got to be good vodka, not plastic bottle stuff.

Have you had a Black Russian? Replacing the Kaluha with drip coffee or some recipes replacing it with coffee liqueur and leaving out the creme? Those are delicious.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:50 pm 

Matyu wrote:
PETERG wrote:

:thumbsup:

I also like to get a frozen shot of Jäger with a glass of beer. Great.
I like to discover new drinks and if I have the opportunity, I will try Ouzo.

I totally recommend Ouzo instead of Tsipouro for starters since it has a more lean taste. As for Tsipouro there are two recipes one with anise and one with not. I suggest drinking the one with anise for it also has a more smooth taste. Don't forget to put some ice or water in it incase you don't fancy it straight.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

AppleSlayer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:49 pm 

#1 = Black Velvet (stout and Champagne or cider.)

Woutjinho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:47 am 

I don't like to mix. Any drink you mix with a coke tells me the drink itself is not delicious enough (like Jack Daniels). I prefer any scotch anytime. A vodka, a bitter (is that what it's called in English? Like Jägermeister) is good too from time to time.

Atomization - Spotify

~Guest 361478
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:26 pm 

The mighty panzerjaeger - Cocktail made from Absinthe, Jaeger, Vodka, and a non-fruit energy drink.

Have a couple, wake up the next morning hating yourself.

Yes I invented it at Uni. Yes I once ordered one in a bar and it cost about 15 quid.

Alternatively, a good old fashioned 'Death in the Afternoon' - Champagne and Absinthe, in a glass rinsed with vermouth.

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:28 pm 

Black and Tan which is half a pint of stout and half a pint of bitter.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:42 pm 

White Russians are pretty dang good.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 pm 

Methuen wrote:
The mighty panzerjaeger - Cocktail made from Absinthe, Jaeger, Vodka, and a non-fruit energy drink.

Have a couple, wake up the next morning hating yourself.

Yes I invented it at Uni. Yes I once ordered one in a bar and it cost about 15 quid.

Alternatively, a good old fashioned 'Death in the Afternoon' - Champagne and Absinthe, in a glass rinsed with vermouth.

Wow this "Panzerjaeger" of yours could easily be a band name or a song describing the effects of the drink. Seems though that despite its tremendous alcohol percentage it may be great!

I have tried "Death In the afternoon". I wasn't impressed sadly. Maybe it is my hating champagne.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

SixGun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:19 pm 

Good old Jameson, ginger ale and a splash of fresh lime juice. Any kind of whiskey + sour mix drink usually hits the spot for me.

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:22 pm 

Xenophon wrote:
White Russians are pretty dang good.

Indeed, but I rather mules.

Im more of a tonic drinker, love it with Gin or Pisco.
To the Gin lovers, I highly recomend a Gin from Bolivia called Republica... Amazing balance with andean herbes and fruits as botanics. Also there is a peruvian one called Amazonian Gin Company, that one is also incredibly good.

Hellenic_Heros
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:48 am 

My favourite DRINK is Epsa's Sour Cherry soft drink.

ReignInBloodyGore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:06 am 

I’m all about a great craft beer. Two of my current favorites:
Stone- Ruination Double IPA
Belching Beaver- Peanut Butter Stout

Never got into other types of liquor.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:17 pm 

^ We've got a beer thread if that interests you.

I'm a beer guy myself. Every once in a while I'll have a white russian to mix things up. There are a few bars I go to sometimes that have a really shit beer selection, and if I'm there it means drinking hard, so I usually order a long island iced tea at those places. Decently drinkable and high ABV for the price.

I used to be very much into scotch, but that's a long time ago now and I've almost completely lost my taste for the stuff.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Thrashman1997
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 am 

anything with alcohol in it

maybe i drink too much

praey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:48 pm 

Gin and tonic for me. Very pleasant and refreshing drink without a lot of crap in it that’ll give you a nasty hangover. Equally enjoyable in summer or winter as well.

Aside from that, I love sweet and fruity shit. Pina Coladas, Mai Tais, etc. A properly made Long Island Iced Tea is also hard to beat.

James_1995
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:09 pm 

An old fashioned is typically my cocktail of choice.

Reply to topic