Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GrayChild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:01 am 

https://www.facebook.com/TheAxisOfPerdition/posts/2023191401089820

Quote:
Buono estente, meaties!

Against the better judgement of less damaged minds, we have re-congealed and are positively gravid with horrible new material as we speak. Because we’re awkward, in this reconfiguration we will be operating as An Axis Of Perdition (assuming the almighty Facebook permits it, of course), for incoherent reasons of our own – put that in your Metal Archives and smoke it.

As per our usual modus operandi we will be continuing to look for new recipes with which to nauseate and dismay your sensitive earholes; we intend no mechanically recovered rehashes of the spoiled leavings of previous years, with the usual caveat that we reserve the right to be flagrantly disingenuous about this if the fancy takes us.

Further detail to emerge in time.

Oh, and fuck Konami! Silent Hill is once again alive (kinda), this time in audio format.

~Guest 277521
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:48 am 

Isn't this the band that had said one of their albums was inspired by patients in a mental ward, but that it was found out that was total BS?

MegaMal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 am 

maladie wrote:
Isn't this the band that had said one of their albums was inspired by patients in a mental ward, but that it was found out that was total BS?

Cult of Luna did something like that.

~Guest 277521
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:55 am 

Cult of Luna said they had found a book if I recall correctly. Didn't Axis say they had made direct recordings in the asylum or something? I might be remembering completely incorrectly as well.

GrayChild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:04 am 

maladie wrote:
Cult of Luna said they had found a book if I recall correctly. Didn't Axis say they had made direct recordings in the asylum or something? I might be remembering completely incorrectly as well.

Stalaggh - Projekt Misanthropia may be the album you're referring to. The Axis of Perdition are mostly inspired by the Silent Hill videogame series as well as Lovecraft, so they take most of their samples from the games or other movies inspired by H.P. 's fiction.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:11 am 

GrayChild wrote:
maladie wrote:

Stalaggh - Projekt Misanthropia may be the album you're referring to. The Axis of Perdition are mostly inspired by the Silent Hill videogame series as well as Lovecraft, so they take most of their samples from the games or other movies inspired by H.P. 's fiction.

Correct. There's also Diagnose: Lebensgefahr. He claimed the album was made as part of his "therapy."

Quote:
The members of Stalaggh/Gulaggh have one-upped themselves by now incorporating atonally played classical instruments and, scariest of all, the shrieks and screams of women and children: 30 children from a youth mental hospital (it took them over a year to get permission to record them) and a group of what one Gulaggh member calls “damaged women,” by which he means rape victims and ex-prostitutes.

I've never heard Axis of Perdition use gimmicks like this to sell their music. I like all of their material up through "Urfe." The last album wasn't very good. Hopefully they return to making soundscapes over black metal.

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:18 am 

This band caught my attention because they claimed to be silent hill in black metal form, sounded like a good idea at first, listened to two albums: The Ichneumon Method, which i loved and Urfe, which I hated (don't even remember how it sounds like to be honest). So if they are planning on releasing more material like the first one count me as excited.

FLIPPITYFLOOP
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:11 pm 

HOLY FUCK!!! YESS!!!!!

So stoked - that band is horrifying. They'd been updating their Facebook page with random statuses and even new merch and represses of old albums for over a year now, so it's nice to see that they're finally pulling the trigger on a reunion!

maladie wrote:

Deleted Scenes has a lot of that inspiration throughout - not sure if they actually put real samples of mental patients on it, or if they just created their own samples. Either way, their vocalist fits that picture perfectly!

blackmantram wrote:
This band caught my attention because they claimed to be silent hill in black metal form, sounded like a good idea at first, listened to two albums: The Ichneumon Method, which i loved and Urfe, which I hated (don't even remember how it sounds like to be honest). So if they are planning on releasing more material like the first one count me as excited.

If you haven't yet, check out Deleted Scenes From The Transition Hospital - quite possibly the scariest album I've ever heard, that I would actually still consider music (Stalaggh is scarier, but I wouldn't consider it music). It's like a way freakier version of The Work Which Transforms God by Blut Aus Nord

~Guest 277521
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:34 pm 

GrayChild wrote:
maladie wrote:

Stalaggh is who I was thinking about, thanks for clearing that up. Guess I'll have to check out The Axis then.

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:17 pm 

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:32 pm 

Good news as long as they never make an album like Urfe again. That album was terrible. The other stuff is quite good and something I'll have to revisit.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Reply to topic