Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
eddies sawdust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:27 am 

Hi. Cellar Darling was rejected and black listed for musical reasons on the basis of their first album (too pop/rock?). Any chance of reconsidering it? The new one has serious riffing/drumming and sound pretty much metal (close to old The Gathering) to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeXDYjDV2mw

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:11 pm 

eddies sawdust wrote:
Hi. Cellar Darling was rejected and black listed for musical reasons on the basis of their first album (too pop/rock?). Any chance of reconsidering it? The new one has serious riffing/drumming and sound pretty much metal (close to old The Gathering) to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeXDYjDV2mw

I mean, going by song that alone the riffs are there but it;s like 80% folk rock and non-metal choruses. Even then, that album hasn't been released yet so they wouldn't have been whitelisted then. If a full album stream comes by when the album is released feel free to post it here but don't get your hopes up.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Geralthunter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:19 pm 

Hello, I was wondering how I can know if in the end it was decided to remove the band from the blacklist or not. I wanted to give a couple of days to avoid bothering the staff as little as possible and not spamming this issue. Greetings, and thank you very much.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:47 pm 

If a band is whitelisted it is said so in here.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:19 am 

That one's actually on me, I said I was going to listen to the latest album by Folkvangr and...I don't know. There's metal but a lot of it sounds like a lot of chugging, not really -core but like something to me is a bit off. I'm gonna need more input from other mods on this latest album.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Geralthunter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:16 am 

PDS wrote:
That one's actually on me, I said I was going to listen to the latest album by Folkvangr and...I don't know. There's metal but a lot of it sounds like a lot of chugging, not really -core but like something to me is a bit off. I'm gonna need more input from other mods on this latest album.

I had to google the term "chugging" because I did not know what it meant about music. OK, without a problem, as you see fit.
thanks for your time/help, cheers, and have a good day!
( Are you listening to that one though, right? https://open.spotify.com/album/1G7CXXdtk4wijM59fENe3m )

Last edited by Geralthunter on Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:18 am 

Geralthunter wrote:
if it is not accepted, I will simply try to report the other band called folkvangr since it does not have any online music nor is active, and it is damaging the online presence.

Come again? Report them for what exactly?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:03 am 

Geralthunter wrote:
PDS wrote:

I had to google the term "chugging" because I did not know what it meant about music. OK, without a problem, as you see fit.
if it is not accepted, I will simply try to report the other band called folkvangr since it does not have any online music nor is active, and it is damaging the online presence. thanks for your time/help, cheers, and have a good day!
( Are you listening to that one though, right? https://open.spotify.com/album/1G7CXXdtk4wijM59fENe3m )

You know, you would help the aprroval of your band by making their newest album "folkvangr Awaits" aavailable for download on platforms like amazon.com, Itunes or Google Play. That album sounds, at least to me , rreasonably metal, melodic death/folk metal in Eluveitie style. ReRemember , that an album must be distributed to the ggenral public, it is not enough, if it is just a streaming album on youtube or spotify. Here is the album for the mods to listen to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_-Qykjay2c

You should also take a look at these to help you understand, that an already accepted band can be only deleted, if it is proven, that the band either has no valid physical or digital releases, their music is not metal or their music is completely plagiarized from other band/artist. there is no other reason, why a band should be deleted: https://www.metal-archives.com/content/rules

Geralthunter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:16 am 

Okay (thanks again Witcher). And yes, please ignore the comment regarding the report, it was a stupid and pointless comment. The reason was that some people confuse our band with this other one which has no music anywhere (at least i tried to find some but i couldn't. i'm sorry if there is actually some), and that has been annoying. But this website is not to blame for that, it's what happens when you use a commonly used name.
Here are some of the most common download options available, which are not streaming.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/F%C3%B3lkvangr-A ... ngr+awaits
Itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/f%C3% ... mpt=uo%3D4
Apple music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/f%C3% ... mpt=uo%3D4
Google play: https://play.google.com/store/music/alb ... 6d6vi2wkce

VigilantRabbit
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:01 pm 

For PaganiusI--
Submitted a band that has a release (kitchen rehearsal demo released a decade ago, their only release) and it was rejected, I got in contact with the band's founder/ frontman and was provided all the details and linkage (bandcamp, facebook, myspace) to verify the band for the submission but yet it was still rejected, would like to know why.
Band- In Time of the Plague (active from 2003 to 2011)- they played a lot of shows in several US states with some well known and underground metal bands in their subgenre, and only ever recorded the one raw demo/ rehearsal release and is the only recording the band ever did as they played live a lot as preference, as stated by the band founder.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:30 pm 

VigilantRabbit wrote:
For PaganiusI--
Submitted a band that has a release (kitchen rehearsal demo released a decade ago, their only release) and it was rejected, I got in contact with the band's founder/ frontman and was provided all the details and linkage (bandcamp, facebook, myspace) to verify the band for the submission but yet it was still rejected, would like to know why.
Band- In Time of the Plague (active from 2003 to 2011)- they played a lot of shows in several US states with some well known and underground metal bands in their subgenre, and only ever recorded the one raw demo/ rehearsal release and is the only recording the band ever did as they played live a lot as preference, as stated by the band founder.

As stated in the rejection message: "Too makeshift/rough/unfinished for (a) digital-only release(s)."

See also: https://www.metal-archives.com/news/view/id/258
Quote:
Note that singles and rough demos are still (generally) not sufficient

VigilantRabbit
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:29 pm 

PaganiusI-

It was the only release/recorded material the band ever did and from what I was told by the band's founder, also due to the various members who have the band listed on their infographic pages on MA, the large presence and tenure the band did have in the area when they were active, and at Diamhea's prior request I have been trying to get the bands added, and hope it can be reconsidered.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:00 pm 

VigilantRabbit wrote:
PaganiusI-

It was the only release/recorded material the band ever did and from what I was told by the band's founder, also due to the various members who have the band listed on their infographic pages on MA, the large presence and tenure the band did have in the area when they were active, and at Diamhea's prior request I have been trying to get the bands added, and hope it can be reconsidered.

I know a few really professional bands that are well-known in my area, they never released a thing (yet).
That demo is a really rough rehearsal and therefore doesn't make the cut based on our current ruleset. That's just how it is sometimes. I'm sticking to my "no" vote. A second mod commented on your submission before I rejected it and he wasn't very happy with it either. Sorry.

VigilantRabbit
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 pm 

PaganiusI-
Yeah very true about some live-centric bands and lack of material, i've heard far worse rehearsals and demos out there too.
For the sake of archiving and out of Diamhea's comments prior about adding the bands the multiple members have listed that aren't archived I hoped that could have been overlooked, but I totally understand and respect y'all's decision. Thanks for the replies, Prost.

Legion1349
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:53 am 

Any chance of reversing the rejection for band "Woltemade". I had submitted them back in early February. I did not add any albums to the discography as I did not have the tracklist (only album title & release date).

So I decided to mention it in the additional notes section.

I received notification form Azmodes that the band was rejected because they did not have an actual release.

After some digging around I managed to find the full album, therefore would like the rejection overturned.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:42 am 

Legion1349 wrote:
Any chance of reversing the rejection for band "Woltemade". I had submitted them back in early February. I did not add any albums to the discography as I did not have the tracklist (only album title & release date).

I received notification form Azmodes that the band was rejected because they did not have an actual release.

After some digging around I managed to find the full album, therefore would like the rejection overturned.

It's already been approved. :)

jonydevils
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:50 am 

Good morning team of Encyclopedia Metallum, I hope you are well.
My name is Jony, I am the lead singer of the band Devils Punch, we were put on the "Black List". I would like this to be revised, if possible, we are a band with strong influence from Heavy Metal, Stoner and Southern Rock. Our main influences are the bands Pantera, Down and Black Label Society.

Legion1349
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:08 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Legion1349 wrote:

It's already been approved. :)

@Azmodes
That's what I don't understand.
I submitted the band on feb 4.
You rejected it on feb 23.
Then 0th submits the same band and its approved on feb 24.

Why was mine rejected only to be approved under someone else's profile.
see initial submission
https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... 3540450093

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:16 am 

ah, I see now that that was a different submitter. Well, the first time you submitted it, you didn't include a link to a valid release. So I rejected it for lack of proof. You eventually resubmitted with a link to Bandcamp, but by then another user had been faster (and included the needed evidence from the start), so your submission was rejected as a tardy duplicate by another mod. To avoid situations like this, all one has to do is to read the rules carefully and provide the needed information right from the start.

Legion1349
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 am 

Azmodes wrote:
ah, I see now that that was a different submitter. Well, the first time you submitted it, you didn't include a link to a valid release. So I rejected it for lack of proof. You eventually resubmitted with a link to Bandcamp, but by then another user had been faster (and included the needed evidence from the start), so your submission was rejected as a tardy duplicate by another mod. To avoid situations like this, all one has to do is to read the rules carefully and provide the needed information right from the start.

But I included the release in the additional notes.
In order to follow site rules such as not posting an album without track lists.
The release was legit at the time. And that is how I've seen numerous bands without releases accepted on this site.

I don't add bands very often, I would have liked to have it appear as one of my submissions.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:24 am 

You added a release to the discography section, yes. But you didn't provide any evidence that it actually exists and can be obtained by people. There is an important distinction here.

Legion1349 wrote:
And that is how I've seen numerous bands without releases accepted on this site.

Such as?

Legion1349
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:26 am 

Azmodes wrote:
You added a release to the discography section, yes. But you didn't provide any evidence that it actually exists and can be obtained by people. There is an important distinction here.

Legion1349 wrote:
And that is how I've seen numerous bands without releases accepted on this site.

Such as?

The link was in the submission notes visible to moderators only.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:30 am 

You mean those news articles? I did check those, but all I could find were vague references to the album and an upcoming release.

Legion1349
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:38 am 

Legion1349 wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Legion1349 wrote:

Such as?

The link was in the submission notes visible to moderators only.

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Manthra/3540450503
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Mi ... 3540450498
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Th ... 3540449444
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Zhadok/3540449654

Legion1349
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:40 am 

Azmodes wrote:
You mean those news articles? I did check those, but all I could find were vague references to the album and an upcoming release.

The article was referencing the fact that the album was released & available.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:42 am 

The first two were added by a trusted moderator, who no doubt wouldn't have added them without proof. The other two contain the required evidence in the submission notes, which -as you mentioned- isn't visible to regular users.

Legion1349 wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Can you quote the relevant passage? All I'm seeing are future tense references.

Legion1349
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:52 am 

Azmodes wrote:
The first two were added by a trusted moderator, who no doubt wouldn't have added them without proof. The other two contain the required evidence in the submission notes, which -as you mentioned- isn't visible to regular users.

Legion1349 wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Can you quote the relevant passage? All I'm seeing are future tense references.

The article was written in future tenses (Jan 25).
However it was referencing the Cape Fest Festival on Feb 2.
That is why I only submitted it on Feb 4 because at this point the release actually occurred.
As opposed to submitting when the article was posted.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:56 am 

Without you at least elaborating in the submission (or even better linking to definitive proof), we have no way of knowing if the album ended up getting released or not. All we have is an article saying it might have happened. You'd be surprised how often bands announce something and it didn't pan out. Sorry, but I think this discussion has run its course. The bottomline is: be specific. We have learned not to take these things on faith. It's not the moderator's job to do the research, only to quickly verify what the submitter has gathered in the way of evidence and information.

Legion1349
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:59 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Without you at least elaborating in the submission (or even better linking to definitive proof), we have no way of knowing if the album ended up getting released or not. All we have is an article saying it might have happened. You'd be surprised how often bands announce something and it didn't pan out. Sorry, but I think this discussion has run its course. The bottomline is: be specific. We have learned not to take these things on faith. It's not the moderator's job to do the research, only to quickly verify what the submitter has gathered in the way of evidence and information.

Is there any way to modify (or simply re-submit) my submission without the band being put to the bottom of the queue?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:00 am 

No. However, if you want to add something to a still pending submission, you can file a report for it.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:56 am 

Witcher wrote:
Could the Italian band Varego be whitelisted based on their new, 2019 album? It sounds like heavy/doom metal to me, similar to early Death SS or the more metal albums by Paul Chain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5UnV6OLueI

This question was left out on the previous page, so I am reposting it here.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:11 am 

Witcher wrote:
Witcher wrote:
Could the Italian band Varego be whitelisted based on their new, 2019 album? It sounds like heavy/doom metal to me, similar to early Death SS or the more metal albums by Paul Chain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5UnV6OLueI

This question was left out on the previous page, so I am reposting it here.

Whitelisted.

Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:58 pm 

Why was ByoNoiseGenerator blacklisted? This sounds like brutal/technical death metal with random jazz parts.

https://byonoisegenerator.bandcamp.com/ ... ca-lp-2018
https://byonoisegenerator.bandcamp.com/ ... is-lp-2015

GreogianChant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:28 pm 

Apparently this black metal band Nagaroth was blacklisted. Seems like their music is definitely metal.

https://nagaroth.bandcamp.com/album/kan ... -innerhalb

Namaah
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:57 pm 

greetings, my submission of the band 'Whore of Babylon' from Australia was blacklisted, to which i would kindly ask to be fixed, for the following reasons..

- upon my first submission, i was told that half of the project is ambient (which was true at the time, as for that time i had only submitted "Sanguinare Vampiris', after that event i submitted a second four track demo, with a total of one minute of that demo being ambient. therefore.. obviously, the vast majority of what i have submitted to the metal archives is 'Metal'

after the final submission i was blacklisted..

- i have provided sufficient evidence of a physical release from Whore of Babylon with a label (being corde raide productions and Akashic Envoy (a new label)) as well as bandcamp links .etc..

i will provide these links to you directly if you wish to review the information i have provided you..

i really do hope we can work to getting this matter resolved

i look forward to your response

kindest regards

https://whoreofbabylon666.bandcamp.com/

http://corderaideproductions.com/produc ... ris-split/

https://www.instagram.com/arkngthunch.nchuleftingth/

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:29 pm 

I think that Gaahls Wyrd should be up for reconsideration, since they have a new single https://youtu.be/SOnl1OMXTjo and the album has also been announced officially http://season-of-mist.com/bands/gaahls-wyrd .

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:45 am 

Quorthallis wrote:
I think that Gaahls Wyrd should be up for reconsideration, since they have a new single https://youtu.be/SOnl1OMXTjo and the album has also been announced officially http://season-of-mist.com/bands/gaahls-wyrd .

A youtube-single? Wait for the album...

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:40 pm 

Bonziepsycho wrote:
Why was ByoNoiseGenerator blacklisted? This sounds like brutal/technical death metal with random jazz parts.

https://byonoisegenerator.bandcamp.com/ ... ca-lp-2018
https://byonoisegenerator.bandcamp.com/ ... is-lp-2015

For being a mix of Pornogrind, Slam & Jazz. Doesn't feel predominantly metal to me either, really weird mixture. Stays for now.

GreogianChant wrote:
Apparently this black metal band Nagaroth was blacklisted. Seems like their music is definitely metal.

https://nagaroth.bandcamp.com/album/kan ... -innerhalb

Because multiple mods think that this is probably faked (the CD release at least).
Also it sucks (production/effort-wise)

Namaah wrote:
greetings, my submission of the band 'Whore of Babylon' from Australia was blacklisted, to which i would kindly ask to be fixed, for the following reasons..

Spoiler: show
- upon my first submission, i was told that half of the project is ambient (which was true at the time, as for that time i had only submitted "Sanguinare Vampiris', after that event i submitted a second four track demo, with a total of one minute of that demo being ambient. therefore.. obviously, the vast majority of what i have submitted to the metal archives is 'Metal'

after the final submission i was blacklisted..

- i have provided sufficient evidence of a physical release from Whore of Babylon with a label (being corde raide productions and Akashic Envoy (a new label)) as well as bandcamp links .etc..

i will provide these links to you directly if you wish to review the information i have provided you..

i really do hope we can work to getting this matter resolved

i look forward to your response

kindest regards

https://whoreofbabylon666.bandcamp.com/

http://corderaideproductions.com/produc ... ris-split/

https://www.instagram.com/arkngthunch.nchuleftingth/

The second release isn't really metal either.

bola_crust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:29 pm 

Good night.

I am a founding member of Distorção (Brazil). Our sound is Metal / Crust. I'll leave the link!

Thank you very much in advance

Link band:https://soundcloud.com/distcrust

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:02 pm 

bola_crust wrote:
Good night.

I am a founding member of Distorção (Brazil). Our sound is Metal / Crust. I'll leave the link!

Thank you very much in advance

Link band:https://soundcloud.com/distcrust

Wrong time, wrong place, I guess? Neither rejected nor blacklisted or deleted and not even a valid release...or is it just promo?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534 ... 541  Next