EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 pm 

Alright, thank you.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:12 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/G ... ute/511709
Track 5 is originally by Hoola Bandoola Band, then it was covered by Imperiet. Now it says "Imperiet cover", probably because that's the version Grimlair covered, with or without knowledge about the original band. Should that remain and the original band be mentioned in the additional notes, or should the band in parentheses be changed?

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:49 am 

I'm currently in contact with the band leader of Act of Creation.
He told me that Jordan Flagg/J.F. is the band's mascot/imaginary member. However, J.F. gets impersonated by one of the other members on the studio albums (see debut album; haven't gotten info on the others yet).
They don't want the actual member to become public. I added a note to the band and artist page, is it okay to leave him as a "dummy entry" since there is someone doing the actual vocals under that alias?

Here's also an interview where the band states that exact same thing:
http://www.metalunderground.at/intervie ... -interview

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:57 am 

Dembo wrote:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Grimlair/Tribute/511709
Track 5 is originally by Hoola Bandoola Band, then it was covered by Imperiet. Now it says "Imperiet cover", probably because that's the version Grimlair covered, with or without knowledge about the original band. Should that remain and the original band be mentioned in the additional notes, or should the band in parentheses be changed?

Yeah, mention the ur-version in the notes.

PaganiusI wrote:
I'm currently in contact with the band leader of Act of Creation.
He told me that Jordan Flagg/J.F. is the band's mascot/imaginary member. However, J.F. gets impersonated by one of the other members on the studio albums (see debut album; haven't gotten info on the others yet).
They don't want the actual member to become public. I added a note to the band and artist page, is it okay to leave him as a "dummy entry" since there is someone doing the actual vocals under that alias?

Here's also an interview where the band states that exact same thing:
http://www.metalunderground.at/intervie ... -interview

I would delete the dummy entry and keep it to the note.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:05 am 

Azmodes wrote:
I would delete the dummy entry and keep it to the note.

Changed :)

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:43 pm 

I have noticed, that even when Matenrou Opera finally got accepted, they are still listed in the rules as an example of an unacceptable visual kei band. If a change should be made, I would personally propose replacing them with The gazette, since tthey can serve as an perfecct example of a nu-metal based visual kei band. https://www.metal-archives.com/content/rule
NMany users also constantly ask about this band on the "rejected bands" thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnhwQf1Y0PU
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsInI ... foAZX7nVdQ

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:04 am 

Users, old and new, keep adding streaming-only releases. Even those who stopped adding YouTube releases ages ago are still adding releases put under "Albums" on Bandzone regardless of the fact that they're not available for download. Could we have a post on the main page concerning Bandzone releases, please? It doesn't have to be long and elaborate. That'd be most appreciated. Thank you.

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 pm 

How to proceed when a band change the tracklist of an album on bandcamp and the album is already added to the discog here with the old tracklist?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:42 am 

Antioch wrote:
Users, old and new, keep adding streaming-only releases. Even those who stopped adding YouTube releases ages ago are still adding releases put under "Albums" on Bandzone regardless of the fact that they're not available for download. Could we have a post on the main page concerning Bandzone releases, please? It doesn't have to be long and elaborate. That'd be most appreciated. Thank you.

There's an upcoming policy change for digital bands in general, I can include that with the announcement then.

cranialcrusherabc wrote:
How to proceed when a band change the tracklist of an album on bandcamp and the album is already added to the discog here with the old tracklist?

Depends. If there's been some time between the original and the change, keep it and mention the subsequent alteration in the additional notes. If it's more like a quick "correction" on the band's part like a day or two after they uploaded it, do the opposite.

@Witcher: I'll let the owners know.

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Depends. If there's been some time between the original and the change, keep it and mention the subsequent alteration in the additional notes. If it's more like a quick "correction" on the band's part like a day or two after they uploaded it, do the opposite.

Ok, thanks.

EDIT:

Referring to the split of Kurgan / Regressor, the tracklists are different for each band's bandcamp, i.e., Regressor's bandcamp has one tracklist and Kurgan's bandcamp has another one and I can't change the tracklists independently. How to proceed in this case?

Bandcamp: Regressor
Bandcamp: Kurgan

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:52 pm 

How would you suggest listing the vocalists for Visions of Atlantis? Neither the male nor female vocalist is the main frontperson, they share 50% of the vocals. At the moment, the line-up looks awful, misleading and is also full of inconsistencies... in some albums the female vocalists have the tag, while in others they don't... all male vocalists have the simple role "Vocals"... it's a mess! I was just about to remove "female" from every single album line-up, but then realized I should probably ask here first.

In this particular case, I wouldn't oppose to adding "Vocals (male)" - the band has had many vocalist changes and it would be easy to navigate this way. We could also just use "Vocals" for both genders... these are our two choices. Listing "vocals" for the males and "vocals (female)" for some but not all females just looks pathetic. What do you think is best?

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:50 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
There's an upcoming policy change for digital bands in general, I can include that with the announcement then.

Danke sehr!

0th
Suicidal Angel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:52 pm 

If a track is instrumental, we've toggled "Instrumental?" on; what about the song title: "Title" or "Title (instrumental)"?
Like here: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/H ... ory/733320

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:48 am 

Antioch wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Danke sehr!

Sure. Not quite the announcement to include it with I had in mind, but whatever works.

0th wrote:
If a track is instrumental, we've toggled "Instrumental?" on; what about the song title: "Title" or "Title (instrumental)"?
Like here: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/H ... ory/733320

Unless it's an explicit part of the title, don't.

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:22 pm 

Hey, just quoting this so it doesn't get lost.

cranialcrusherabc wrote:
Referring to the split of Kurgan / Regressor, the tracklists are different for each band's bandcamp, i.e., Regressor's bandcamp has one tracklist and Kurgan's bandcamp has another one and I can't change the tracklists independently. How to proceed in this case?

Bandcamp: Regressor
Bandcamp: Kurgan

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:48 am 

The strangest thing happened, I found a release with no songs. Never seen that before. At first I thought the browser might be messed up in loading the information, but even when clicking on the edit button, there were no songs. And according to the modification history, it had been that way since its addition in January 2017. Anyway, I added the tracks.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/T ... ght/625955

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:25 am 

Dembo wrote:
The strangest thing happened, I found a release with no songs. Never seen that before. At first I thought the browser might be messed up in loading the information, but even when clicking on the edit button, there were no songs. And according to the modification history, it had been that way since its addition in January 2017. Anyway, I added the tracks.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/T ... ght/625955

That occasionally happens when changing which version is the parent.

TheOneWhoWaits
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:43 am 

30 pages, I may have missed an answer to the following questions. I have been largely inactive for a while, so:

When should one file a report before making changes? Some reports do generate a bit of discussion before a change is made or not - and some changes definitely should be discussed before being committed. (Not gonna call out examples here.)
Or is it so that once one has privileges to change [whatever], then one is expected to do so without involving the reporting red tape?

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:20 pm 

I still file reports to have a second opinion sometimes. There's no shame in that no matter your rank. And if the homework's done properly: sources linked, it should be no bother for whoever's taking care of it, I suppose. :)

TheOneWhoWaits
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:50 pm 

Antioch wrote:
And if the homework's done properly: sources linked, it should be no bother for whoever's taking care of it, I suppose. :)

I see your smiley, of course.

Not everyone reads every language, so it isn't necessarily straightforward for every mod or contributor to tell whether a given source in a foreign language it is indeed taken from a public register that verifies that person x really has this name, or this record really says that the company is closed down and whether this entity really is that record label and not just some document that is declared obsoleted, or ... and put that together with site policy questions.

But in any case, a report does more than just asking for a second opinion: it logs the source given for future use.
(Once upon a time it could very well even happen, if enough goats are sacrificed, that someone would read reports before going on an edit spree :-o)

And so I did not really ask for [the need for a policy on] when one could file a report before committing changes, but when/whether one should.

BuriedUnborn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:57 pm 

Anybody can confirm this demo exists?
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... emo/527208

Can't find any info regarding this demo in the internet.

Moshing: Dancing like a madman, perpetrating a frantic and violent dance which consists in jumping and whipping your body against other brainless idiots until you enter an irrational and brutal pyramid of pleasure.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:53 pm 

^ The user who added it isn't very trustworthy. Dia used to remove his shit whenever he came across it. So, I think no one can confirm its existence (or non-existence for that matter).

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:54 am 

Question:
If the "about" section of a band's FB page says the band is signed to a certain label, whereas their Bandcamp says their latest album is self-released, is the band signed or unsigned?
E.g.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/sixofswords ... e_internal
https://sixofswords.bandcamp.com/
Photo: https://f4.bcbits.com/img/0014555960_10.jpg
PS. I'm not talking about a band's signing taking place after the date on which their latest album is released.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:37 pm 

Antioch wrote:
Question:
If the "about" section of a band's FB page says the band is signed to a certain label, whereas their Bandcamp says their latest album is self-released, is the band signed or unsigned?
E.g.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/sixofswords ... e_internal
https://sixofswords.bandcamp.com/
Photo: https://f4.bcbits.com/img/0014555960_10.jpg
PS. I'm not talking about a band's signing taking place after the date on which their latest album is released.

Depends. Either they didn't update their facebook info (most likely), they are no longer signed to the label, they only had a one-record deal or something with the label or they are just releasing this on their own for some other reason. Might get a vinyl release from the label later.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:50 pm 

So, better leave the page as is until they've made public the fact they aren't signed anymore. Correct?

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:02 pm 

s.

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:26 am 

just checking that "Cultist" is a legit, site-approved "role" for band "members", and merits album lineup as well...

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sh ... 3540418849

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:20 pm 

As in some kind of stage performers? I'd move them to the notes in that case. Or guest vocals? Either way, it's not appropriate as a role.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:31 pm 

no idea, not familiar with the band, I just clicked bcs of their name. shall I file a report?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:39 pm 

I'll take care of it.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:36 pm 

I think the time could be ripe to post a big warning post on the main page warning the users to not submit bands prematurely, to always wait for release ddate and to submit bands with albums first on the exact day of release , according to the forum time. I have noticed recently many premature submissions, especially oof bands with famous members, wwhich are contributing gratly to the queur being over filled. As with the new band of David Vincent, Vltimas. The band got submitted almost every week since the end of ¨February and about four times during yesterday. The worst is, that the deletion of this band's entry was an immediate signal for someone else to submit them, apparently without any deeper thought behind it. So about two hours the submission of Vltimas of Ibergen was deleted , this came up. This chldish contest to be first, by any means possible, even ifthe result is almost always a rejection , is greatly annoying. IIt also shows a lack respect to other users, who correctly wait for the right date to submit it and have the band already in their drafts: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Vltimas/3540452076

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:44 am 

Sadly, we did that not too long ago...
https://www.metal-archives.com/news/view/id/257

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:54 pm 

?

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:47 am 

ambientsorrow wrote:
Trying to find that post where you could grab a bandcamp release date via page source, anyone know where it is?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=116699

Quote:
Whilst I'm here I may as well ask, I was clleaning up the Exuvia release which had the standard and lavish editions combined into one release;
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/T ... via/648503

But when I went into the other full length releases for the band they have the standard/lavish editions seperate. As far as I can tell there's no limitation, have same catalog number etc, so should I seperate the Exuvia release or combine the standard/lavish versions for the others?

If the only different between the versions is that they are a different color, then yeah, they should all be listed in one entry. Go ahead and combine the other versions if the only thing that's different about them is the color of the vinyl.

EDIT: Oh wait, by "lavish" I thought you meant the color of the vinyl, not coming with extra stuff like a bonus CD. The lavish versions should have a different entry from the normal vinyl, so the regular vinyl and "lavish edition" of Exuvia should be separated.

AriesWarlock
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:11 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Be ... erchandise

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Re ... erchandise

These two bands have no bandcamp pages, but their labels do have bandcamp and sell their albums. I have direct linked these albums under "OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE", because it's not from the bands themselves. I thought that was right but now I have doubts :ugh: Should I have put these links in "OFFICIAL" instead? Sorry if I got it wrong.

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:02 am 

No, labels' Bandcamp pages should be under "official merchandise", the band's own Bandcamp page should be under "official". But don't forget to include a label's name to a link's name field.
And also iTunes, Amazon, Google Play always go to "official merchandise".

AriesWarlock
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:51 pm 

Krister Jensen wrote:
No, labels' Bandcamp pages should be under "official merchandise", the band's own Bandcamp page should be under "official". But don't forget to include a label's name to a link's name field.
And also iTunes, Amazon, Google Play always go to "official merchandise".

Understood, thank you!

BlessingsInTheNameOfChrist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:32 am 

I'm interested since I know this site discourages and even punishes point inflation, if I have several submissions on a band all of the same type, i.e. I want to submit dates for several band members in which they either joined or left the band, should I send all submissions in the same report or should I only generate one report for each single revision being suggested? I will continue studying the FAQ in case there is something I have missed but if there is I haven't seen it yet.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:45 am 

Make one report and include all the info/evidence and what exactly you say needs to be updated. Be thorough.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:52 am 

I didn't know where to post this and it doesn't really make sense to make a report about it either, but I have a question about this band:

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/14 ... 3540405734

Did the guy who submitted it provide a source that the band is from Germany? There are no mistakes or anything in the German, but it still seems pretty stilted in a Moloch-ish kind of way, there's something German as a second language about it, but it's just a feeling, so I was just curious if there was a source that clearly said the band is German.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 39  Next