Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NoisegrinderCR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:32 pm 

I have seen before unlisted bands on artists pages with releases, for example an unlisted band did a split or collaboration with a listed band, that split/collaboration would show up on the artist page of the unlisted band members, I can't find any other examples at the moment and I am not sure if I am making sense lol, here is an example:

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... nimal/2388

On his "Filthy Phil" project which is unlisted he has a release (Which is on the MA), I know several releases of a couple of unlisted bands from Costa Rica that are on the MA and I would like to add as such to the respective artists.

Let me know if that is possible.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:48 pm 

Yes you can, but it can't be done from the artist page. Find the split on MA, add the artists to the split and it will automatically be listed on the artist page.

Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 pm 

You actually can't add artists from unlisted bands to splits at all. You only can on collaborations.
I'm sure he would have pushed strongly for them to be included. I'm guessing there was a fight among the mods over whether to include them, and it ended with Metantoine being imprisoned in Napero's Finnish ice wizard tower.

NoisegrinderCR
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:56 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
You actually can't add artists from unlisted bands to splits at all. You only can on collaborations.

ah that explains it, thanks.

ZeroHunter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:29 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:

I think you used to add those for splits as welll, at least I found some (https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/A ... ansformació/374254). Do you know why it got removed?

Reply to topic