Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Rosner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:35 pm 

Spoiler: show

Quote:
--- NEW ALBUM REVEALED! ---

Today we present you the cover artwork, tracklisting and pre-orders for our new studio album "In Splendor Below", which will be released on May 17th via Agonia Records.

To pre-order the album (CD/LP/APPAREL) visit: http://agoniarecords.com/insplendorbelow.

According to October Tide's founder & guitarist Fredrik Norrman, this new album is "a bit more aggressive, a bit more death metal, and with an overall colder feeling than previous records", including its 2016 predecessor, "Winged Waltz".

The latest addition to our discography features Fredrik on guitars, his brother Mattias on guitars (a former member of Katatonia alongside Fredrik), vocalist Alexander Högbom (Demonical), bassist Johan Jönsegård (Letters From The Colony) and drummer Jonas Sköld (Letters From The Colony / Thenighttimeproject).

The ghostly cover artwork was painted by Tomarum av Christine Linde. We've teamed up with Karl Daniel Lidén Produktion for mixing and mastering at Tri-Lamb Studios (Bloodbath, Katatonia, Breach, Craft), while Alexander Backlund from Nailvillage Studio (Thenighttimeprojectt / Letters From The Colony) is responsible for production alongside October Tide.

Here's the trackslist & album formats!

Tracklist:
1. I, The Polluter
2. We Died in October
3. Ögonblick Av Nåd
4. Stars Starve Me
5. Our Famine
6. Guide My Pulse
7. Seconds
8. Envy of the Moon

Formats:
- Digipack CD.
- Slipcase CD.
- Black LP.
- Ox Blood LP.
- T-shirt.
- Hoodie.
- Digital.

A tour in support of this release is planned for November and December of 2019. In the meantime, we're confirmed for In The Grip Of Winter fest 2019 | Baroeg (March 9th, NL), Exit Festival (July 5th, SRB) and MetalDays Festival (July 22st, SI). More dates on the way!

For the full press release visit:
https://goo.gl/b2BTk2

New song premiered today:

Honestly... I wasn't expecting this change of pace! They even got a new logo that resembles a more death/black metal type:

Spoiler: show

The song is amazing, heavier than previous albums. I loved A Thin Shell and Tunnel of No Light, but I thought Winged Waltz was kind of predictable and "more of the same". Just when I thought they were entering an auto-pilot phase, they surprise us with this!!! The album seems really promising, and I hear a lot of old school death/doom influences coupled with moments of the band's trademark melodies. Production seems top notch, thought I maybe was expecting something rawer due to the cover art and the new logo.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:56 pm 

The description of that new album sounds promising, but that new track just doesn't move me much. I saw the band some weeks ago; they played that track as well as another new one but both were kinda one ear in and one ear out.

I might still check the album out though.

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:23 pm 

i think this is the first time i've seen a band go from a readable logo to an 'unreadable' one :lol: :headbang:

a thin shell was very good, last one i properly got into
getting a listen to this new one, i mean it's not really any heavier is it?
the OT formula is there. still early days so no more opinion just yet

Conan Troutman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:12 pm 

Not listened to this band before but I was sufficiently impressed to want to buy this album, however, it's £16.49 plus postage on Amazon. Shame.

Daemonlord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:14 am 

I've always loved 'Rain Without End', for me it stands up their with the best of early Katatonia. After Grey Dawn they never quite gripped me the same. Like the new logo though!

https://www.instagram.com/daemonlord_ig/

Reply to topic