Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:21 am 

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

The album was tracked primarily at The Brick HitHouse in Hyannis, Massachusetts with producers Peter Rutcho (Revocation, Ravage) and Shane Frisby (Becoming The Archetype, Bury Your Dead) with vocals produced by Zdenek Sikyr at Studio Hostivar (Cult of Fire, Master’s Hammer) in Prague. Having worked with Rutcho since 2010, it was a painless, professional process, the band also bringing in Chaney Crabb of Entheos to add a guest vocal to the devastating “Penance”. “‘Sociopathic Constructs‘ is the result of tons of hard work and shows the progress we have made as a band since ‘Mechanisms‘ (2016),” asserts Sundaramurthy. “We feel the time is now for such an album, the brutality perfectly reflects the darkness, violence, and harsh reality of our world.”

"Sociopathic Constructs" serves to further cement Abnormality‘s place at the cutting edge of savage ultra-technical death metal. With this release, the quintet have stepped up their game across the board, making for a record that is as violent, complex and thought provoking as any you will hear in 2019, and the band were not afraid to explore and mix things up. “I think this record we felt free enough to just go where we wanted to within a song,” states guitarist Jeremy Henry. “We had no qualms with switching styles and approaches from riff to riff. To have a whole section grinding away and then just switch gears, hit the brakes and drop a slow, old school Morbid Angel warship groove in there. We felt free to follow our instincts, and just let our influences shine through.

Sociopathic Constructs track-listing

1. Monarch Alpha
2. Penance
3. Kakistocracy
4. Transmogrification of the Echoborgs
5. A Catastrophic and Catalyzing Event
6. Aeturnum
7. Dying Breed
8. A Seething Perversion
9. Curb Stomp

New single video:

First album of this band was totally awesome, the second one was just OK with some highlights but the new single makes me thing that I will miss the debut album even more. Thoughts?

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:39 am 

I'm not huge into them, but I'll check it out like all their albums.

I'm curious for anyone who enters this thread: who here heard of this band from Rock Band?

SkankFistOGwet
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:52 am 

I just recently heard a new song of theirs on youtube. My first exposure, thought they sounded pretty cool. I read here on MA, the singer used to work at Harmonix. I've never played one of those games, but how Abnormality got on Rock Band, I won't ask details.

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:50 pm 

The single didn't floor me, but it's pretty solid. If the rest of the album is of a comparable caliber I think I'll be pretty satisfied with it.

BeholdtheNicktopus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:02 pm 

I'm one of those people who think the first album was great and the second was meh with some cool groovy moments here and there. I'll check it out, I guess.

I did NOT hear about them through Rock Band, but not sure where I did. Maybe a "women in death metal" or "women harsh vocalists" thing or thread somewhere? Her vocals are indeed pretty sick. I'm gonna go back and listen to the debut today.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:54 am 

The song is growing on me thanks to a more interesting second half. I am not totally sold yet but the album may surprise me.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:06 am 

Just wanted to point out, this music video is basically just 'Forgiveness Denied' by Aeon. I mean, they couldn't have come up with something a little more creative and...I don't know, original?

Even the song title is a bit cliche. Like, nearly Cannibal Corpse level of cliche

The song and music themselves, though, are pretty damn good. I'm liking what I'm hearing

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:36 am 

Solid enough track, agree with the consensus that the debut has been their best so far. First heard about them because I was friends with one of Staples' friends, so smoking hash in the backyard while Abnormality/Cerebral Bore/Dysentery played in the garage was a fucking blast. I'll always have that moment of stoned stand-up where I plotted filling squids with bees and mailing them to people.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm 

acid_bukkake wrote:
Solid enough track, agree with the consensus that the debut has been their best so far. First heard about them because I was friends with one of Staples' friends, so smoking hash in the backyard while Abnormality/Cerebral Bore/Dysentery played in the garage was a fucking blast. I'll always have that moment of stoned stand-up where I plotted filling squids with bees and mailing them to people.

That is an extremely Jawsh chain of events. $5 says he shouted "TABARNAK!" with a Narragansett Lager tallboy in his hand at multiple points during the day. As Trevor Strnad once put it, he's a true heavy metal maniac.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:19 pm 

I'm in lockstep here with basically everybody else in this thread: The debut was fantastic and the sophomore was decent but a notable step down. Based on that song I'm expecting this one to land somewhere in between the two, because I think I liked it more than most of you here.

However I think I did technically hear them in Rock Band first but that's not where I became attached to them. I never owned the game, a friend did, and he (as a drummer irl) tried playing the Abnormality song and pretty much instantly failed. Then in 2012 I came across Abnormality's debut probably because at the time I was a filthy pirate torrenting everything in sight and they were a random band I clicked on. I didn't even realize they were the random death metal band in Rock Band until a year or so later.

SkankFistOGwet wrote:
I read here on MA, the singer used to work at Harmonix. I've never played one of those games, but how Abnormality got on Rock Band, I won't ask details.

Harmonix was obviously cool with employees lobbying to get their own songs in their games. That's how Soul Remnants and Megasus wound up getting featured too.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:36 pm 

Yeah, the debut was them just wanting to make a wicked brutal and technical Suffocation/Cryptopsy/Origin-leaning brutal death album, then they intentionally tried to do a more Morbid Angel/Dying Fetus kinda groovy album. It looks like they've found a good compromise here; there's plenty of groove, but they brought back a lot of the tech that they downplayed. I'm more interested to hear how the other cuts turn out with Sam having had more of a chance to write; he's into a lot of dissonant and blackened stuff, and while he arrived too late in the writing process for the second album to have had more than a few minor contributions, it's my understanding that he was way more involved in this one.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:54 pm 

acid_bukkake wrote:
I'll always have that moment of stoned stand-up where I plotted filling squids with bees and mailing them to people.

the hell kinda hash were you smoking?

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:29 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:
acid_bukkake wrote:
I'll always have that moment of stoned stand-up where I plotted filling squids with bees and mailing them to people.

the hell kinda hash were you smoking?

If you're smoking with Staples, the weed will catapult you into an entirely different state of consciousness.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:37 am 

Not Staples' shit, I was hooked up by Fatman. That dude is the jolliest pit demon you'll ever meet.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:42 am 

...I need to move states, 'cause the hash I've gotten the past year and a half appears to be subpar compared to what I've read online. But maybe that's just my own tolerance levels, idk

EDIT: Ok, sorry for that, getting entirely off topic. But, I actually liked Abnormality's 2nd album a bit better than the first. The only real standout song I still blast from their debut is 'Monarch Omega' which is a song which I think would even make old school Suffocation sweat.

BastardHead wrote:

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:28 am 

At least the son is growing on me the more i listen to it. Now I feel more hopeful with the new record.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 am 

Full album here:

https://abnormality.bandcamp.com/

New album is crushing, lots of super heavy parts combined with the expected brutality, technical and fast parts. It´s way better than the second one which has made me very happy.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:41 am 

This album is a massive step-up compared to the last one. Like being hit in the head with a finely crafted sledgehammer

sicboy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:35 pm 

Indecency wrote:
I'm curious for anyone who enters this thread: who here heard of this band from Rock Band?

IIRC, that Abnormality "demo" was the hardest song in the game.

New album is pretty solid IMO

Reply to topic