Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
JohnYorke
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:46 pm 

Hi, I registered an account here so I don't have to "communicate" via reporting the band page.

link to page: https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Dragoon/3540452770

I saw my band was just added to the database and reported it for not having a demo released. I created a bandcamp page and uploaded some tracks there so my friends could check it out easily.

Report received response from "Storm of the Light's Bane" (thanks for response) saying that it is a valid release because it was for sale on bandcamp. I'm new to bandcamp (and digital platforms in general) and It looks like $7 price is the default when you upload music. I made this price $0 but I don't think I can remove the "Buy" text from the page. My intention was to upload tracks so people I know could hear it right now, not release a demo or some EP to the world. Honestly I don't even know how it ended up being discovered but that's beside the point.

I don't care if our band ends up on this site one day but my concern is right now just using bandcamp in a more transient capacity. For example I've changed the actual songs and lyrics uploaded to the page in the brief time this bandcamp profile has existed. I asked my more internet savvy friend about the situation and he suggested I remove the bandcamp page and use soundcloud instead.

At any rate I'm not trying to come off as pedantic. It's just that it's unstable. Tomorrow the songs might be different again, or have different titles, or the image might change, or whatever.

For the record, there have been zero sales or downloads in the brief period of time this page has been public... https://i.imgur.com/Rkex8R7.png

Thanks moderators,
John Yorke

__MULLIGANACEOUS__
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:25 am 

Unfortunately, this band's MA page has been 404'd. Is your band's releases digital-only? Digital-only band submissions are scrutinized more carefully, and digital-only demos are unacceptable. You can still preview tracks on Bandcamp.

Can you please provide a link to your band's bandcamp link?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:40 am 

You get an error because it's already been dealt with and deleted: viewtopic.php?p=2843339#p2843339

Reply to topic