Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
yzzo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:39 pm 

"Lamb of God are down two of their treasured instruments. According to guitarist Willie Adler, his "main beloved Warbird" and a one-of-a-kind Jay Ceerva handpainted bass turned up missing during the band's stop in Phoenix."

https://loudwire.com/lamb-of-god-guitar-theft-phoenix/

KrigareTjovane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:49 pm 

It takes a special kind of scum to steal instruments. I hope the thieves are brought to justice and the guitars are found quickly.

yzzo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:39 pm 

agreed

Vadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:49 am 

This will be a very tricky topic for this forum, as it will have to decide if it hates groove metal/metalcore enough to endorse this theft.

Last edited by Morrigan on Thu May 09, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member warned for trolling

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:54 am 

*sigh*, I fucking hate the people in my city sometimes.

MawBTS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 3:23 am 

That sucks, but honestly, I'd never take a beloved (or even super expensive instrument) out on tour. They tend to be anarchic clusterfucks, and all sorts of stuff gets lost/broken/stolen.

I've seen so many "I brought my beloved gazillion dollar guitar on the road and it got STOLEN" stories on Blabbermouth and I always think "dude, leave that shit at home and play a $500 instrument instead."

Vadara wrote:
This will be a very tricky topic for this forum, as it will have to decide if it hates groove metal/metalcore enough to endorse this theft.

Nobody here endorses theft dude.

Burnyoursins
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:05 am 

Vadara wrote:

Ah, typical. Some dude doesn't like the commonly held belief around here that Lamb of God is mediocre, and all of the sudden we're all down with theft of property. :roll:

As an aside, the simple fact is that musicians get really used to playing a specific instrument on the road, on top of the fact that the more expensive instruments generally stay in tune/sound better. So switching out your usual rig for the cheap version isn't really an efficient way to go about things. Unfortunately, no one is spared from possible theft.

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
SleightOfVickonomy wrote:
...no one still knows what it's supposed to be about.

Well, I reckon there's a pretty good chance it'll be about gory tits.

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:27 am 

Vadara wrote:

People still call Lamb of God metalcore?

:durr: :brick:

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:14 am 

Hitting the road for longish stints with junk shop gear is not really an option. High end instruments are pricey for many reasons, and durability and reliability are near the top of the list.
Sure, you can put on killer shows on budget equipment, but shit has a way of happening, and the longer your tour lasts, the higher the risk of mishaps and malfunctions grows, so best arm yourself with stuff you can reasonably rely on.
Plus, as someone else noted, musicians get used to playing on their instruments of choice, and switching guitars or drum sets is not as simple as borrowing a pen and keeping writing as usual; there's a ton of factors that can make one particular instrument *the* one that just feels right to you.

At any rate, I'm sorry for the Lamb of God folks; as a musician myself, and one who's had two bass guitars ganked through the years, I can definitely relate.
On a side note, gear theft really seems to be worryingly on the rise lately. Not sure how the general situation is across the Atlantic, but in Europe I could swear I've seen bands reporting such incidents become way more frequent over the past two-three years. Vans seem to be a common target.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:01 pm 

They suspect that some of the event staff are responsible no less? I hope there's camera's around where they parked their vehicle so they can ID these assholes. And if the venue doesn't have them, I hope they get roasted.

Vadara wrote:

I have no idea why you're still here posting trolly griefing posts. If you're really not having fun here, how about you take the win-win choice and just fucking leave and never come back?

D4nzig
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:31 am 

KrigareTjovane wrote:
It takes a special kind of scum to steal instruments. I hope the thieves are brought to justice and the guitars are found quickly.

When Metallica got their gear stolen in 1984 they created Fade To Black.

Maybe it will turn out to be a blessing in disguise in case pf LoG as well? XD You never know.

Ace_Rimmer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:50 am 

We had a big problem around STL with band having their gear stolen due to vehicle break ins. Thankfully its subsided but I read several bands state they would never come here again.

Thy Shrine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 4:09 pm 

Literally laughing to myself over everyone getting annoyed at Vadara's comment. " hey guys, us metalheads don't support theft!" As if that wasn't glaringly obvious.

Sucks they got their gear stolen, but I'm sure this isn't the end of the road or anything. They're probably not going to come up with anything as good as Fade to Black though.

Perhaps.

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:10 pm 

The guitar showed up for sale online, but the Phoenix police still don't have a suspect.

https://www.theprp.com/2019/05/08/news/ ... rketplace/

yzzo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:49 am 

Update: They just arrested three guys in connection with the theft: https://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoen ... ll-missing
They look like real winners

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:16 am 

That anchor was really hamming up the news voice.

Reply to topic