The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:04 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Funny what commercial success achieves, isn't? :-P

This FUCKING sucks. :nono:

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:19 am 

I don't care for their music one bit but I hope Krzysztof can carry on since he obviously invested a lot of work in his vision. As for that other leech, fuck him and all he's involved with. Shitty label owner, shitty vocalist and now shitty individual - quite the hat trick.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:06 pm 

BasqueStorm wrote:
BasqueStorm wrote:
Funny what commercial success achieves, isn't? :-P

This FUCKING sucks. :nono:

quite the turnaround there :-D

Quote:
As of now the only true Batushka will be that without Krysiuk behind the mic.

There you have it, The Only True Batushka.

The background music in the video sounded quite good and my only thought is that the original vocalist's version will never sound as good. This is karma I guess, I only wish the best to the founding members.

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:35 pm 

?

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:43 pm 

Man it was one thing when Gaahl and King tried to snipe the copyright from Infernus in Gorgoroth, but at least they were both in the band for like ten years at the time and had more or less completely taken over songwriting duties if I remember correctly. The cojones on Bart to walk in as more or less a session vocalist and then try to swipe the copyright as soon as they got a little bit of popularity is fucking staggering.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Burek
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:18 am 

BastardHead wrote:
Man it was one thing when Gaahl and King tried to snipe the copyright from Infernus in Gorgoroth, but at least they were both in the band for like ten years at the time and had more or less completely taken over songwriting duties if I remember correctly. The cojones on Bart to walk in as more or less a session vocalist and then try to swipe the copyright as soon as they got a little bit of popularity is fucking staggering.

Well the band is supposed to be anonymous so he probably wagered that nobody would notice the change. I wonder if The Residents ever had problems like this, they're probably the longest standing anonymous band in the world. Maybe they should open up a legal counseling firm to help all these anonymous metal bands.

Velvet_Creation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:15 pm 

Does anyone have any news on the dispute?

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:51 pm 

Finally, some news: https://www.facebook.com/Batushkaband

Quote:
The time for silence is now at an end.

No one has ever denied the contributions of Mr Drabikowski - morally or legally. Drabikowski is recognised in a publishing and recording setting for writing and partially performing the music on the Litourgiya album. However, no individual makes Batushka and our identities were hidden for that reason. For a man who claims to love his work – he conducted himself for himself, invoicing and never investing. The Batushka you now love would have been crushed by such a man’s greed.

We have, in our hands, the masters to a piece of work which shall speak for itself - the original band is together and have entrusted their signatures as a part of our exciting, worldwide record deal with Metal Blade Records...with exception only to one.

Those who have supported Drabikowski’s cause, please follow him…but know, he does not represent Batushka. Batushka lives here.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:26 pm 

So this means we can expect a follow-up album with the same shitty vocals but without the songwriting to back it up? From what I can tell Bart isn't even a musician.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:21 pm 

First song from the album:

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:59 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
So this means we can expect a follow-up album with the same shitty vocals but without the songwriting to back it up? From what I can tell Bart isn't even a musician.

Yep. The one part of their sound that is 100% replaceable and if it were to be replaced would actually improve the music, is the one thing that isn't being replaced.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:26 pm 

droneriot wrote:
First song from the album:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hail:

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 pm 

This is fucked up. So Drabikowski has presumably somehow lost Batushka? Damn, I was really excited to see them live at Brutal Assault this summer, but I really don't want to support that shitbag Bart. I guess we'll wait to hear Drabikowski's side of the story.

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:24 pm 

Quote:
The Batushka you now love would have been crushed by such a man’s greed.

This is absolutely rich coming from the man behind Witching Hour Productions. Like, actually what?

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:56 pm 

TheLoneForest wrote:
Finally, some news: https://www.facebook.com/Batushkaband

Quote:
The time for silence is now at an end.

No one has ever denied the contributions of Mr Drabikowski - morally or legally. Drabikowski is recognised in a publishing and recording setting for writing and partially performing the music on the Litourgiya album. However, no individual makes Batushka and our identities were hidden for that reason. For a man who claims to love his work – he conducted himself for himself, invoicing and never investing. The Batushka you now love would have been crushed by such a man’s greed.

We have, in our hands, the masters to a piece of work which shall speak for itself - the original band is together and have entrusted their signatures as a part of our exciting, worldwide record deal with Metal Blade Records...with exception only to one.

Those who have supported Drabikowski’s cause, please follow him…but know, he does not represent Batushka. Batushka lives here.

This is so rich coming from the guy who was rushing to cash in on the tours/rush an album and capitalize on that metal blade contract. What a piece of lying shit.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:58 pm 

Razakel wrote:
This is fucked up. So Drabikowski has presumably somehow lost Batushka? Damn, I was really excited to see them live at Brutal Assault this summer, but I really don't want to support that shitbag Bart. I guess we'll wait to hear Drabikowski's side of the story.

Very under the radar interview unfortunately, but he gives his side of the story here: https://darkartconspiracy.com/2019/04/1 ... -batushka/

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:21 am 

Auch wrote:
Razakel wrote:

Very under the radar interview unfortunately, but he gives his side of the story here: https://darkartconspiracy.com/2019/04/1 ... -batushka/

Wow, if all of this is true, I really feel bad for that guy, he pretty much lost his own creation, there's no hope of doing anything legally against that arsehole who stole his band because I honestly don't think polish courts would give a shit, and the worst part is the only people who can really do some justice (most fans and promoters) are supporting the thief. I've read people saying they don't care about who makes the music as long as it gets released, what a bunch of fucking cunts.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:12 am 

I still don't care about their music, but as a musician myself, I find this whole thing absolutely revolting.

On a side note, Rob Darken announced on his Facebook page that a vinyl repress of In the Glare of Burning Churches that was supposed to come out through Witching Hour will be handled by Forever Plagued instead, seemingly because after months of waiting the former "label" still hadn't finalized jack shit. Guess old habits die hard even when you're reaping the benefits you stole from another's hard work.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:24 am 

I haven't read the actual statements from the band members cause I don't care enough, but from what you guys are saying my conclusion is: Fuck Batushka. Will probably support whatever this Drabikowski does next.

Bacolas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:32 pm 

So the real musician lost his life work due to a shitty guy who deems himself to be the frontman?
Hopefully mr Drabikowski reclaims his place with a new band without any douchebags.

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:57 am 

Bullshit situation. I hope "Batushka" falls flat on its face and whatever Drabikowski does in the future finds him success.

- Tim Minchin

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:11 am 

Only way I would pay money to see Batushka at this point is to throw empties at Bart. Hell, may as well throw shit at the rest of the band while I'm at it; dude is basically the Polish Blake Judd, and, like with Nachtmystium, anyone who is willing to play for Bart at this point knows what they're getting into. Zero sympathy or support for people who willingly associate with snakes like this fuck.

Temple Of Blood
Old Man Yells at Cloud

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 am 

I have to think part of this problem is due to the public perception that the singer is the most important member of a band. Songwriting is discussed far less often than people debating about singers or singing performances.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:52 am 

Interesting observation, which in turn had me wondering: did anyone really get into the band because of this rat's vocals (meaning the non-choral ones)? Because, aside from the one-dimensional songwriting, they always stood out to me as the weakest link by far - and while the former may well be a matter of taste, those vocals are objectively generic and mediocre at best.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:57 pm 

Frank Booth wrote:
Only way I would pay money to see Batushka at this point is to throw empties at Bart. Hell, may as well throw shit at the rest of the band while I'm at it; dude is basically the Polish Blake Judd, and, like with Nachtmystium, anyone who is willing to play for Bart at this point knows what they're getting into. Zero sympathy or support for people who willingly associate with snakes like this fuck.

I was thinking the same thing, and I was also thinking that it's a shame so many festivals/venues booked Batushka in spite of all this but then I realized that any promoter would have had no way of knowing that this was all going on when Bart booked all these 2019 shows behind Drabikowski's back. I don't get the impression most promoters would particularly care, but it would put the ones that do in a very awkward situation; do they drop the band from the bill because they realize they're now dealing with a thieving Blake Judd, or is it just way less of a hassle to kind of let it go and turn a blind eye?

Also, thank you Auch for sharing that interview. A heartbreaking read, indeed.

PurpleDoom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 pm 

I think in this case it has less to do with putting undue stock in the singer's words (though that absolutely happens) and is more just brand recognition. Most casual fans, as Drabikowski points out, are fans of the name and not the members. It's not that people think Bart is more trustworthy than Drabikowski, it's that Facebook fans will accept whatever comes out of the page's mouth, regardless of who's typing it. If "Batushka" says Drabikowski was ruining everything, then it must be so!

tl;dr people are fucking idiots.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:58 pm 

I read the interview from Drabikowski and it sounds like he still has the real next album secured, or did they manage to steal that from him too?

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:09 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
I read the interview from Drabikowski and it sounds like he still has the real next album secured, or did they manage to steal that from him too?

As far as I know there are two albums, the one Drabikowski wrote, called panihida (as per the interview), and the one the faketushka guys wrote behind his back, which is the one they've been hinting at in their facebook page., and likely the next one to be released. Not sure Drabikowski will be able to release his album under the Batushka moniker tho.

Auch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:46 pm 

I believe in that interview Drabikowski said that he could legally release it under the Batushka name but I imagine it would cause a lot of headaches and hassle.

TheLoneForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:46 pm 

Seems like all this new album teasing is just damage control at this point

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:28 am 

Drabikowski might just put it out under a new monicker since Batushka's name will be tainted by this whole shitshow anyway. Every record nowadays comes with "featuring members of" and "for fans of" promotional noted anyway, so it's not like he'd be starting again from scratch.
I understand perfectly his emotional attachment to the name, though.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:06 am 

He should start a new band and call it Babushka :boo:

Side note, I wore my batushka shirt to our last work meeting and the Russian and Polish crew got a kick out of it. The Russian dude came up to me laughing and asking 'you know what means this, batushka'. I dunno, I thought it was funny.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

GrayChild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:58 am 

An important battle has been won.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:16 am 

That's uhh... dated a few days before Bart made his statement about how he is the real Batushka?

Either we all totally misunderstood his statement or he just went "lol fuck the courts".
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

GrayChild
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:31 am 

All promotional stuff at https://www.hospodi.com is managed by Metal Blade, who may still be unaware of the court's decision. Kris himself posted the image above on his personal FB account just an hour ago.

Still, it is not known who will keep the rights to the Batushka name once the case is finished.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:17 am 

That's not really a "big win," it's just an injunction and the injunction is itself limited; it seems to only apply to releasing albums and giving concerts. It says nothing about other merchandise, promotional material or making representative statements (ie. "I'm the real Batushka"). In fact, the injunction makes it clear that other precautionary measures were refused by the court. This is also only in place for the court proceedings that will subsequently follow this.

That said, if it wasn't clear that the band is in dispute then it's certainly clear now.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

blackmantram
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:36 pm 

At least is a small sign justice might be coming...?

Arjan333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 12:41 pm 

If someone is smart enough, register the correct English translation which is Batyushka. Everyone involved apparently got this wrong since the beginning, pretty hilarious.

~Guest 502755
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 1:55 pm 

On a side note, I didn't know they were from Białystok. That explains why they sing about Orthodox Church and not the Catholic one.

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 7:53 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
That's uhh... dated a few days before Bart made his statement about how he is the real Batushka?

Either we all totally misunderstood his statement or he just went "lol fuck the courts".

By this point nobody should put it past him. He already had a fairly shitty reputation, but this whole fiasco made clear what a fucking crook he really is.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next